1 hour ago, MarianTheSharkFace said:

is the mod compatible with the 2.5.1?

I haven't seen any noticeable problems except some missing lines (like one choice in one events not having a proper "translation"), but I think those were there before the last few patches anyway.

First of all I just wanna say that this is an incredible mod and I pretty much can't play the game without now it considering how many new traits and features it adds.

However there's one major issue that already plagues the base game, and this mod makes it worse: mid/late-game lag from pops and jobs.

As most stellaris players already know, one of the biggest sources of lag in the game is the fact that the default pop/job calculation is straight up broken. This gets even worse once AIs unlock the xeno-compatibility and biological ascension perks, as the game spams new hybrids and pops all over the place, which really slows things down.

One solution people have found is to disable those two ascension perks. Obviously this mod is really dependent on those perks, but unfortunately some of us may have to disable them  (for the AI at least) just to make the game playable again.

For anyone who wants to try this, go to the lv_ascension_perks.txt file in the ascension_perks folder in the mod's files. Any time you see this line:

ai_weight = {
        factor = 1

Change the factor to 0:

ai_weight = {
        factor = 0

Do it for every instance of "factor" to disable both this mod's version of xeno-compatibility, and the game's original one.

This will disable the perks for the AI, but let the player use them. I also recommend using this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1801814489  to disable the bio ascension perk (gene modding) for the AI. This might sound OP, but it may be necessary to cut a large chunk of the lag you inevitably get from the game constantly trying to evaluate pops for each available job EVERY DAY (why paradox???)

I'll test this out soon to confirm it works.

9 hours ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:
Spoiler

First of all I just wanna say that this is an incredible mod and I pretty much can't play the game without now it considering how many new traits and features it adds.

However there's one major issue that already plagues the base game, and this mod makes it worse: mid/late-game lag from pops and jobs.

As most stellaris players already know, one of the biggest sources of lag in the game is the fact that the default pop/job calculation is straight up broken. This gets even worse once AIs unlock the xeno-compatibility and biological ascension perks, as the game spams new hybrids and pops all over the place, which really slows things down.

One solution people have found is to disable those two ascension perks. Obviously this mod is really dependent on those perks, but unfortunately some of us may have to disable them  (for the AI at least) just to make the game playable again.

For anyone who wants to try this, go to the lv_ascension_perks.txt file in the ascension_perks folder in the mod's files. Any time you see this line:

Change the factor to 0:

Do it for every instance of "factor" to disable both this mod's version of xeno-compatibility, and the game's original one.

This will disable the perks for the AI, but let the player use them. I also recommend using this mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1801814489  to disable the bio ascension perk (gene modding) for the AI. This might sound OP, but it may be necessary to cut a large chunk of the lag you inevitably get from the game constantly trying to evaluate pops for each available job EVERY DAY (why paradox???)

I'll test this out soon to confirm it works.

There's also that mod which limits the number of subspecies, because the AI goes full retard with those ascension perks.

Honestly, how badly optimized can your game be that even a meme-tier 2000$ PC can't handle a single session for more than 300 years on a 400-size map?

What's the policy on crediting sources here? I've created some potential event pictures, but many of them I don't remember the source / artist for. I edited the colors for all of them to make them fit more with the Stellaris color theme which is rather blue and green for the most part. I also did some further edits on some of them, like removing speech bubbles from comics by use of content-aware-fill for instance.

lusfv1.png.ace822c1798271c4c05147d784f9fcaa.png

Artist: Xxoomlusfv2.png.dca80448edd08ab341aca909696e46d0.png

Artist: Don't remember

lusfv3.png.90eaea60b7db690331f1bcf089ea1ebd.png

Artist: Not sure, but I assume it's the same as the one abovelusfv4.png.42a2457a0b1d9479d08c850edad3d009.png

Artist: Ferres

Edits done: Edited away some dude to the right. Edit looks fairly obvious now that I look closer at it. Damn!lusfv5.png.4f37609a34403e8586ba1db2bad1d90e.png

Artist: Eroquis, or Butcha-U or whatever he calls himself now.lusfv6.png.c95fed43a7fc461dcb43a859d3cc0afc.png

Artist: Not surelusfv7.png.b291e2abd938b77e3997470e05e40a07.png

Artist: Don't rememberlusfv8.png.cc08912df4ca73a0201bbd15bef9b007.png

Artist: Feather

Edits done: Removed partially visible robot dude to the leftlusfv9.png.7d2ec27540fe5ebf2967f3bbdfb05308.png

Artist: Don't rememberlusfv10.png.b1b24644726cfe380bb65e0e461f28cf.png

Artist: Don't rememberlusfv11.png.9932cfb0456b0b9d0d841ef85bf0c9f4.png

Artist: No idealusfv12.png.665be3015ae0c3d140030d4fecb1eb2b.png

Artist: Don't rememberlusfv13.png.a3495acb6804980fa89cbbc0e9abcb56.png

Artist: Don't remember.

(Also, I left the artist watermark in. I don't want to edit away someone's signature unless it's outside the frame. I also can't tell what the watermark says... 'TadoVanTor'?)lusfv14.png.cce2c6a8feb9da972dde921b5d4435b8.png

Artist: Afraid I don't remember, but this is a fairly popular image, so I assume someone will correct me herelusfv17.png.68cde5b1cb1f5bd24e01ce02ce47c39d.png

Artist: Jacky / Aerial Ravelusfv18.png.857d50f93b76f8fa76870fc176eafe42.png

Artist: Another popular image I don't remember the artist of. Please correct me here.

Edits done: Removed the planks from the rope bridge. They could instead pass as cables.lusfv19.png.63c265544c71e6914c588dc27bbc2720.png

Artist: Surprise! I don't remember this one either!lusfv20.png.9cdac2965bedd127617e9b2ad4d7dfad.png

Artist: Ferreslusfv21.png.76e132468969cc3fef5ac789d74d072c.png

Artist: No clue, sorry

Edits done: Turned two people into aliens, and content-awared two other people away since I was too lazy to turn them into aliens as well.lusfv22.png.36feaaa0d613e285ec89e4322a6cbc37.png

Artist: Ferreslusfv23.png.4fa9ba5bcf585f4fb3af42cba285fccc.png

Artist: Ferres.

Edits done: Content awared away a speech bubblelusfv24.png.323ac279c66b2e64a46ff0bff4d24500.png

Artist: Jacky / Aerial Rave

Edits done: Content awared + painted away the title of the comic (Seraphic Gate, I think)lusfv25.png.b13a2ce001a4d67f6347b832a0e08a6d.png

Edits done: Content awared away SFXlusfv26.png.496bbdec5e3ece75bd01f084a81bfa2d.png

Edits done: Content-awared some speech bubbleslusfv27.png.b4905c5e05529d7bdb3acb47e4dda6cc.png

Artist: Don't rememberlusfv28.png.cc723cc475a79451958cd53f955814f2.png

Artist: Don't remember.

Hope I'm not breaching any rules here.

10 hours ago, Lamadi said:

What's the policy on crediting sources here? I've created some potential event pictures, but many of them I don't remember the source / artist for. I edited the colors for all of them to make them fit more with the Stellaris color theme which is rather blue and green for the most part. I also did some further edits on some of them, like removing speech bubbles from comics by use of content-aware-fill for instance.

There is a specific channel on the discord for submitting found art for use, so things should be put there.

Getting an error that's possibly causing the game to stutter.  Still kinda early game.

[trigger.cpp:363]: Script Error, Checking trigger against an unsupported scope!
Event: lv_neuter_purge_event.1
Trigger Type: has_country_flag
Scope:type=planet
id=172
random={ 0 3370118276 }
from={
    type=none
    id=0
    random={ 0 2667054218 }
}

Looking at "lv_neuter_purge_event.txt" it's:

NOT = { has_country_flag = recent_neuter_purge_cosensual_event }

Edit:

Removing the 8 offending country operations (4 triggers and 4 immediant) fixes the planet_event but I'm still getting stuttering.  Back to the log files...

Mod still working great for the most part in 2.5.1, except it seems Brood Parasites are broken. The game only registers their +pop growth but doesn't seem to effect other species unless they are your main species.

Edit: It seems that the trait only works on species in servitude? Working as intended? I maybe missed a patch note? Is there any way to allow Brood Parasites to mate with all your other species without them being the main species? 

15 hours ago, MagnusLaudate said:

Basically nice art... nevertheless I really would love to see women enjoying the sex.

I know it's everyone has their own tastes, but it seems like most artwork that might fit for stellaris is about rape, which is a bit sad for me (still not judging, my friends :) )

Good point. I kind of feel like an asshole for not including any like that now. Though a big part of the issue was my criteria. I want mainly images that look realistic / as close to the Stellaris artstyle as overly possible. Also, no censored images, and they'd have to fit and balance well in the frame given. These were the best I found from my saved folders.

Sorry I couldn't find any. If you have any yourself, I could look into modifying them into event pictures (at least in this mod's frame sizes. Vanilla frames would be a lot trickier)

And I'm not that familiar with using Discord, so the whole thing just confuses me right now. Didn't find a suggestion folder either.

4 hours ago, Lamadi said:

Good point. I kind of feel like an asshole for not including any like that now. Though a big part of the issue was my criteria. I want mainly images that look realistic / as close to the Stellaris artstyle as overly possible. Also, no censored images, and they'd have to fit and balance well in the frame given. These were the best I found from my saved folders.

Sorry I couldn't find any. If you have any yourself, I could look into modifying them into event pictures (at least in this mod's frame sizes. Vanilla frames would be a lot trickier)

And I'm not that familiar with using Discord, so the whole thing just confuses me right now. Didn't find a suggestion folder either.

No offense! You did a really great job at seaching for high quality pictures and altering them to fit the Stellaris-mood!

I realize that it is very very hard top get artwork with tastefully depicted sexy women; even more so if you want to add Stellaris compatibility.

4 hours ago, MagnusLaudate said:

No offense! You did a really great job at seaching for high quality pictures and altering them to fit the Stellaris-mood!

I realize that it is very very hard top get artwork with tastefully depicted sexy women; even more so if you want to add Stellaris compatibility.

True. Even with my extensive collection of weirdness these were the only ones that made the cut. Most people who play Stellaris does it aggressively, or so I think. It would fit the mod well if we had some more consensual xenophiliac fun to add into the mix though.

No idea why, but whatever I do with my load order and stuff, literally every LV civic save for that two added last (divine coupling and something else, sex crazed breeders was it?) is just... gone. This includes things like hive mind and robot civics. Any ideas what kind of mod can suddenly purge them from your game? 

On 11/26/2019 at 10:28 AM, MagnusLaudate said:

Calm was pretty much the gold mine for that kind of stuff, but the author already grabbed most of their best stuff. considering one of my empires is Morathi's pleasure cults from warhammer fantasy, i'd love some more consensual or even women raping men artwork.

18 hours ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

Wait what changed in the latest update? I don't see any new files or version numbers in the mod's page.

Was just fixing an error with the voice actor's credit, nothing new mechanics wise.

...That said, there should be a bunch of new stuff soon(tm), including some VERY nice artwork for some of the buildings.

Pleasure_Harem.png

Sex_Emporium.png

So the only building I have is the milk farms. I have the civic that allows for additional concubines but I've yet to see them, looking at the pictures I seem to be not getting a lot of content. Is there some issue or load order I have that is messing with the mod maybe?

Thanks! Also love this, it's the only reason I'm playing stellaris again.