hey Lithia!

got a quick question: could you make the workshop mod "Colourful" compatible? i'm pretty sure LV overwrites the portraits of that mod, and i'm pretty sure it doesn't need to...

also: the mod has gendered portraits for a lot of alien races, might be interesting to check out!

cheers!

> 1. Does the mod work with 2.4.0? It should work just fine.

Can't test it - The GOG Linux installer is broken.  It launches the game directly, bypassing the launcher.  You can launch the "dowser" manually, but it won't let you activate mods.  Since I seem to the the only person on Earth using the GOG Linux version I don't expect this to get fixed soon.

18 hours ago, snarfies said:

> 1. Does the mod work with 2.4.0? It should work just fine.

Can't test it - The GOG Linux installer is broken.  It launches the game directly, bypassing the launcher.  You can launch the "dowser" manually, but it won't let you activate mods.  Since I seem to the the only person on Earth using the GOG Linux version I don't expect this to get fixed soon.

I find it kind of funny that one of the main reasons they did this godforsaken 2.4.0 update was to create a unifying launcher for all the versions and yet the GOG Linux Version isn't fully functional. I'm kind of shocked they didn't send this whole update to a testing branch to fix these sorts of things first before pushing it to live.

10 minutes ago, yumpinyiminy said:

I find it kind of funny that one of the main reasons they did this godforsaken 2.4.0 update was to create a unifying launcher for all the versions and yet the GOG Linux Version isn't fully functional. I'm kind of shocked they didn't send this whole update to a testing branch to fix these sorts of things first before pushing it to live.

I'm shocked that mods can't be sorted be sorted by name anymore: makes it impossible to launch for me, i'd have to sort ~175 mods by hand, ? in a shitty interface?

the new launcher is awesome! it doesn't lag constantly, it's got a clean ui, it's very intuitive ... so why does it have to break an already functional system!?!?

Anyone know which event setting submenu turns off the end-of-planet-invasion scene? Not a fan of seeing Ruby gang-raped over and over.

Also bugs me that the event uses my empire name instead of the planet name in the text, since it's referring to a location.

5 hours ago, DMoney1331 said:

Been playing around with the new features, and I'd recommend making it so that having the holy coupling civic overrides the spiritualist limitations on prostitution. It's a bit odd to have sanctioned concubines while still not having access to the "prostitution allowed" policy.

Only a heretic would suggest selling sex for money! A true believer would understand that sex is a gift from god, meant to be shared openly, not traded for cheap coin!

For real though, this is more a problem that the only sex jobs currently in game are prostitution ones. There should be some more added in future to help with this.

3 hours ago, Tamwin5 said:

Only a heretic would suggest selling sex for money! A true believer would understand that sex is a gift from god, meant to be shared openly, not traded for cheap coin!

For real though, this is more a problem that the only sex jobs currently in game are prostitution ones. There should be some more added in future to help with this.

that'd be rad, honestly. i'd love to send some persuasive missionaries to my neighboring empires to peacefully, sensually convince them to see the light

5 hours ago, cptnnutt said:

that'd be rad, honestly. i'd love to send some persuasive missionaries to my neighboring empires to peacefully, sensually convince them to see the light

probably unbalanced and a bit silly, but imagine a corporate branch office building allowing the other Empire to "sample the merchandise" as it were for a relations boost- but if you had one of the pheromone traits it gave a flat modifier to all diplomatic options. Like +100 to all acceptances as their people are somewhat brainwashed

On 10/12/2019 at 9:14 PM, Zorlond said:

Anyone know which event setting submenu turns off the end-of-planet-invasion scene? Not a fan of seeing Ruby gang-raped over and over.

Also bugs me that the event uses my empire name instead of the planet name in the text, since it's referring to a location.

idk if will break anything but I'd just go into the files and delete the dds file of the image. my guess is the event will pop up with no image, so no damage done.

I don't really care about the character but it does pop up a bit too often for my tastes, so I've considered trying it myself. its the last file in the gfx/event pictures folder.

Edit: yeah that works, gives an event with no picture

The only problem with the launcher is doing the mod sorting...first is first and last is last from what I've seen, so all the patches end up at the bottom...maybe?

Really have to learn how to patch...using the Asari species mod and seeing them make themselves male is just... sigh...

18 hours ago, jjnoc5 said:

I've been having this issue where I can't actually play the game. Whenever I hit play on the new launcher, the game just doesn't start. Does anyone have any advice or fixes for this? 

I had that too... The new launcher worked once, and then never again. 64 bit system, no AV quarantine or anything.

I 'fixed' it temporarily in Steam by downgrading the game (Properties > Betas > Select "2.3.3 - Wolfe" from the list).

I'll try the new launcher again when I'm done with my current game.

First off great work again on the mod, I am having a very fun play-through as my Hivemind Brood swarm with a few more hivemind mods thrown in for flavor. Wiping out entire civilizations leaving only their individual planetary systems as breeding farms for latter culling is rather entertaining along with the events from the Brood Parasite and Sadistic Traits.

Question for the community; the event that says "Our policy of neutering the X people has come with some unintended but very desirable consequences... Many of the X people have had intercourse with and offered to bear their children" results in the death of a xeno pop and replaces it with one of your main branch. Is this a Brood Swarm civic specific event or relate to something else? I ask because I am looking for a way to create another version where I keep the xenos around rather than kill them off. The event triggers rather aggressively so keeping multiple xeno species around is rather difficult.

Side note, I think the Parallel Evolution civic that was added (from this mod?) is broken in the current version; it lets you create a second species in the creation menu, but it does not spawn in on game start.

4 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Question for the community; the event that says "Our policy of neutering the X people has come with some unintended but very desirable consequences... Many of the X people have had intercourse with and offered to bear their children" results in the death of a xeno pop and replaces it with one of your main branch. Is this a Brood Swarm civic specific event or relate to something else? I ask because I am looking for a way to create another version where I keep the xenos around rather than kill them off. The event triggers rather aggressively so keeping multiple xeno species around is rather difficult.

It seams to be more like if you have hivemind since I get it a lot as well and I got nymphic host instead of brood swarm. And I agree with you, I wish there was a way to not have that happen as much. I've been looking for the event but I can't seam to find to so I can edit it. Then again, I haven't looked all that hard.