So quick question tangentially related to the mod. Is there any way to change species portrait after game start that doesn't involve the limited changes allowed by gene modding? Or at least a way to change portrait class?

And if there's not maybe consider putting one into the mod integrated into game play or otherwise

Because I've found this monster of a console command that looked promising:

effect = { every_country = { limit = { and = { is_ai = yes species_portrait = example } } modify_species = { portrait = example } } }

But the damned thing doesn't seem to work all that well, especially when the empire in question is already gone. And save game modding faces the same problems as far as I can tell as it just isn't working in a bunch of cases especially if the nation in question is no longer in the game.

On 8/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, Iso040 said:

Minor bug (probably already reported), but gestalt consciousnesses still get workers, rather than types of drone, for the whoring and milking buildings.

I've reported that in the past.  They need hivemind-equivelent buildings.  Though I'm not sure that hiveminds would have "whores" in the first place, except for xenos on a really weird vacation?

16 hours ago, toynbeeidea said:

I've reported that in the past.  They need hivemind-equivelent buildings.  Though I'm not sure that hiveminds would have "whores" in the first place, except for xenos on a really weird vacation?

That's probably fair enough as regards the whores. Those not getting hivemind versions is not unreasonable, but milk cows (and male equivalent) should absolutely have drones.

12 hours ago, Iso040 said:

That's probably fair enough as regards the whores. Those not getting hivemind versions is not unreasonable, but milk cows (and male equivalent) should absolutely have drones.

There will be (eventually) both Hive specific milk cows and also other jobs. At least 2 others, potentially more, ideas aren't at all finalized. There will also be equivalents (with some slight variations) for machine empires.

3 hours ago, Starfire12 said:

Question: If I were to make a monogendered species and pick Syncretic Evolution would the presence of a 2nd species on my homeworld right from the start break anything?

Nope.  Works as intended.  Set one for female, one for male, and off you go.

I like this module very much, but I have opened several new games. Apart from various features, I seldom trigger special events with pictures in the game. I only trigger events with special pictures in the exploration. Sometimes I will be reminded that a colony has hybridized, but there is no follow-up. Attempts to trigger events with the console were unsuccessful in many attempts to follow instructions on the Internet.

To be honest, because I am familiar with only Chinese. Including new gifts and events in the game is to understand their meaning through mobile photo translation. Including this website, I can only browse through the translation function of Google Browser. So I hope you can tell me what special events this module has added to the game. (I'm sorry if there's a problem with incompatible sentences. After all, I'm editing through translation software.)

On 9/5/2019 at 5:36 PM, Aled190 said:

So I forget, do we know whats in the pipeline for the next update? I'm admittedly a update behind on an old game that is still going so I'm not up to date on what the vision for the next update would look like yet. 

The next update will primarily be incorporating events from old mods. Progress is slow atm due to IRL things, so it likely won't be for a while.

17 hours ago, Tamwin5 said:

The next update will primarily be incorporating events from old mods. Progress is slow atm due to IRL things, so it likely won't be for a while.

Ah thank you for the update, normally the updates come once a month, and I got concerned when it turned to September with no word. I'm eagerly looking forward to the next update! But takign your time is fine since IRL takes precedent of course. 

Right now the only message Assimilating Breeders give in the diplomacy screen is "Greetings!". Whilst that's unsettling by itself, it would be cool if they said something along these lines (assuming you are hostile to them, which you most likely are):

"Your species will make fine additions to our breeding grounds."

"Fill you with eggs, we will."

"It's only a matter of time, you will be bred."

On 9/10/2019 at 7:25 AM, Jappercut said:

Right now the only message Assimilating Breeders give in the diplomacy screen is "Greetings!". Whilst that's unsettling by itself, it would be cool if they said something along these lines (assuming you are hostile to them, which you most likely are):

"Your species will make fine additions to our breeding grounds."

"Fill you with eggs, we will."

"It's only a matter of time, you will be bred."

yoda-memes.jpg

Please can we have a Yoda added to the species menu and have the default Assimilating Breeders have this? 

Using the Plentiful and Expanded Traditions which really plays well with this, all those choices!  I was hoping that a machine empire might be able to research Chemical Bliss to move some species from Batteries and become a sort of Rogue Servitor but in a 'gotta get 'em all' idea (also using the Chemical Bliss mod to expand use to normal empires).  Some of those batteries are just unhappy and really need to be segregated to Trophies.  Are the bio-battery production stopped under the cease drone production?  Haven't needed to do that so far, but...

On 9/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, Greyfox18 said:

Suggestion for Megacorp DLC Stuff. Add Lewd Corporate buildings, Like the Standard lewd buildings on planets but for corps but maybe with a twist of some sort.

Already planned. There will be several lewd Megacorp civics, new branch office buildings, as well as variants for all existing branch office buildings for if you choose one of the sex civics, AND variants for sex civic+criminal heritage.

Here is a sample that I posted earlier in the thread:

Spaceship Decorators (Lewd) - Any spacefaring vessel, be it civilian, military, or even automated, is simply not complete unless it has a tastefully poised female embossed on the side. Scrap material is shipped away, “For the convenience of the customer”

[Replaces Private Military Industries]

+ 2 Whores

+ 3 Alloys

Dildo Factory (Lewd+Criminal) - Any suspicion that this innocuous sex toy factory is a front for military grade hardware is quickly dissuaded by lovely assistants, happy to offer a “personal” demonstration of the product.

[Replaces Wrecking Yards]

+ 2 Whores, +25 Crime

+ 3 Alloys