13 hours ago, Enigmaticdragon13 said:

it was that i put what was in the files outside in the mod file and it showed up in my mod list and i am able to see it show up in the game the traits show up but the loading screens do not show up so lustful_void works but for the other three files that you download do you have to put them in the lustful_void file or just activate them in the mod list and thank you for helping me

Ok, so this mod is split in 2 parts. There's the main mod (Lustful Void) and there's the loading screens. Each is its own separate entity and can be enabled individually or together. It's mod-ular (ha). So, if you want the loading screens, download and activate it the same way you did for Lustful Void. Treat the loading screens as their own entirely separate mod, with their own entirely separate .mod file.

9 hours ago, joebno said:

i got that right now but the portraits arent showing up and after i pick my planet it crashes

We seem to have a mix-up. Lustful Void doesn't actually include any portraits. You might be in the wrong mod thread, or just misunderstood what this one is. As far as picking your planet causing crashes, that sounds like a mod conflict. Or just a broken/corrupt mod. Or even a bad install of the base game. That's bad. Lustful Void also doesn't include any custom planet or city types, so odds are your crashing issues don't have anything to do with this mod.

6 hours ago, Schmee said:

Ok, so this mod is split in 2 parts. There's the main mod (Lustful Void) and there's the loading screens. Each is its own separate entity and can be enabled individually or together. It's mod-ular (ha). So, if you want the loading screens, download and activate it the same way you did for Lustful Void. Treat the loading screens as their own entirely separate mod, with their own entirely separate .mod file.

We seem to have a mix-up. Lustful Void doesn't actually include any portraits. You might be in the wrong mod thread, or just misunderstood what this one is. As far as picking your planet causing crashes, that sounds like a mod conflict. Or just a broken/corrupt mod. Or even a bad install of the base game. That's bad. Lustful Void also doesn't include any custom planet or city types, so odds are your crashing issues don't have anything to do with this mod.

i assumed there would be portraits because of the new races.

Could you make a mono-gendered trait that allows for normal reproduction even though the species may or may not have conventional reproductive organs? The idea is that, unlike the All Male and the All Female traits, the Mono-gendered trait(s) would allow for producing offspring with any xenos or fauna, but the resulting offspring would always be the same species as the Mono-gendered species. An example of a popular alien species that would fall into this category is the Asari from the Mass Effect series.

Side Note:
If someone could make a trait specifically for the Asari Species Mod in some form of a compatibility patch for said mod, That would be awesome.

Even if you don't make the addition of Mono-gendered traits, this is still an outstanding mod with all of the current features. Please keep up the good work! ??

Still not fond of the Stability malus on Dairy buildings. They aren't powerful enough even with Milk Cow policies to warrant such a debuff, especially now with the building giving planet wide debuffs rather than ones specifically towards the workers or ethics that might be opposed to the use of milk cows (which, frankly as long as they aren't slavery only spiritualists have much ground for opposing.)

58 minutes ago, GingerBear said:

I'm really thinking these dairy buildings and brothels should provide housing, and it would make sense for dairy cows and whores to live at these facilities- especially mindless dairy cows!

Dairy buildings already kind of do that, don't they?

Suggestion: Since the tooltip text for opinion_lv_lustful/horny specifically mention "your species", remove the modifiers if they are the same species.

I just used NOT = { is_same_species = FROM } but you may prefer is_subspecies?

For some reasons the portraits are not showing up when creating new empire. Only three categories showing up (DROW, ILYTHIRI, ELVEN) but everything is blank there. I only extract all of the packs (Lustful Void, SSX LV Patch, and all portrait packs). No other mod is being used aside from UI Overhaul, but the issue still occurs without UI Overhaul.

I'm having Distant Stars, Leviathan, Synthetic, Utopia, Apocalypse, with Anniversary Portraits, Arachnoid Portrait and Horizon Signal DLCs.

Default portraits are still working.

EDIT: The game crashes when I choose City Appearance, so for now I'm using only LV mod.

8 hours ago, Kjojo said:

For some reasons the portraits are not showing up when creating new empire. Only three categories showing up (DROW, ILYTHIRI, ELVEN) but everything is blank there. I only extract all of the packs (Lustful Void, SSX LV Patch, and all portrait packs). No other mod is being used aside from UI Overhaul, but the issue still occurs without UI Overhaul.

I'm having Distant Stars, Leviathan, Synthetic, Utopia, Apocalypse, with Anniversary Portraits, Arachnoid Portrait and Horizon Signal DLCs.

Default portraits are still working.

EDIT: The game crashes when I choose City Appearance, so for now I'm using only LV mod.

You're using SSX LV Patch? The patch designed to make Lustful Void compatible with the SSX mod? You need to actually install SSX for the patch to be necessary. Those empty categories are slots that would otherwise be filled by portraits in the SSX mod... which you don't have installed. They're not part of LV. If you don't want SSX, just uninstall the patch and run LV by itself.

8 minutes ago, Schmee said:

You're using SSX LV Patch? The patch designed to make Lustful Void compatible with the SSX mod? You need to actually install SSX for the patch to be necessary. Those empty categories are slots that would otherwise be filled by portraits in the SSX mod... which you don't have installed. They're not part of LV. If you don't want SSX, just uninstall the patch and run LV by itself.

I just deleted the patch since I found out that it was irrelevant, but the portraits somehow don't work at all. Do portrait mods require a different way to install? I just extract those zips out in mod folder... But none of the portraits actually work...

Edit: I'm new here, but I haven't seen any mod about policies or species rights... If there is a slavery right like sex slave that boosts sex jobs...

9 minutes ago, Kjojo said:

I just deleted the patch since I found out that it was irrelevant, but the portraits somehow don't work at all. Do portrait mods require a different way to install? I just extract those zips out in mod folder... But none of the portraits actually work...

Edit: I'm new here, but I haven't seen any mod about policies or species rights... If there is a slavery right like sex slave that boosts sex jobs...

Right. LV doesn't have any portraits. You'd need to install a different mod if you want to add species portraits, but no they install in the same manner as any other mod.

18 hours ago, Schmee said:

Right. LV doesn't have any portraits. You'd need to install a different mod if you want to add species portraits, but no they install in the same manner as any other mod.

Strange, I installed the Portrait patches but they just did not show up at all. Some even crashes the game. I installed other mod, like EoS Without Apparel but no change...

EDIT: I found the issue, after reinstalling every mod. Probably there was a conflict with EoS...

On 7/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, Spenser said:

Hello. I do not like to complain, especially on such a great mod like this one, but do not misunderstand me. I am sure that it is very difficult, but is it possible to add more event chains? There were so many interesting events in MSSA and some in The Galaxy is a dark place, about tentacle planet, titanic life and some other event with interesting decisions, and it was one of the best parts of these mods. Absolutely great chains about research stations, about the abduction of scientists and experiments on the inhabitants of the planet. Here I do not see a quarter of it all. Random events are not bad either, but their whole chains with far-reaching consequences, also differing depending on the answers and the structure of the empire, will be are just great. Right now, in are long run, its going to be boring.
Anyway, thank you for this mod again. There are small bug. The breeding swarm do not have the "raiding" bombarding. I belive, they must have it from the start.

LV is under active development. The reason events weren't in was because Lithia hadn't gotten to them yet. Luckily for you and anyone else craving events, that's what is being focused on next.

Also under work rn are more buildings, special chains for hives and machine empires, and civics. Those need more ideas and balance work before Lithia can even begin to start coding them in, so don't expect them for 2+ months at least. Not to mention events need to be done first. Even just porting old event chains is more than a hundred events (iirc), and people have written new ones as well.

If you are interested in helping with development, join the discord. We could always use another brain for ideas. If you know simple coding (or are willing to learn) that would be even better, as I'm sure there is lots of grunt work involved in converting events.

1 hour ago, Spiders_Venom said:

so i installed all 4 files from this download into my mods folder (extracted them and all that) and extracted each of the portraits pack .zips and i can see them in the create leader however they selections have no actual portraits, as in there is nothing there?

Do you have the mods associated with the portrait patches? The patches are just, well, patches. They need the actual mod to show the portraits. Look for them on Steam. If you already have the mods but the portraits don't show up at all, try deleting the mods in the mod folder and reinstall them. There might be some issues with the files which resulted in broken mod, like how I got them.

Trying out 0.4.4.1 with Driven Assimilators.  In the past, I've tried this scenario (and Rogue Servitors) with a secondary species with Bio-MF wombs, which lead to secondary "bio robot" species being spawned rather than the main species.  0.4.4.1 seems to have finally fixed that... at least at first.  Until I biomodded my secondary species.  Next thing I know I have this whole other robot species running around my empire.  Worst part is you can't even purge or displace them, you're stuck with them.  A second species was also bio-modded, spawning a third new robot species.  Ugh.

Oh well, its a step in the right direction though!

8 hours ago, FreeCups said:

Is anyone else having a hard time loading a slave race through one of the Rancher or Syncretic civics? They don't seem to want to play ball...

Can you describe that a bit more/better?  I've had syncretic slaves, no issue. 

30 minutes ago, snarfies said:

Can you describe that a bit more/better?  I've had syncretic slaves, no issue. 

The main race spawns, but the Syncretic ones don't. They don't have trouble spawning if I'm a Corporate empire, however anything other then that and nothing appears.

Weird Question,  But to me, the phrase Brood Parasite has very negative connotations,   but it doesn't seem to affect migration...  nor have I gotten the Brood parasite has begun breeding message after signing a migration treaty,     it just doesn't make sense to me,       the civs are just like, what's that? you're a rapey alien species that will use our women as breeding factories?     Sounds like someone I wanna hang out with        

Heyo, i tried to add Planet-modifiers through the console but i cant get it to work (an empty modifer is added to the planet with no effect).

The command i used effect add_modifier = { modifier = pm_lv_breeding_planet }

Am i doing something wrong or is it intentional? My guess is that i used the wrong designation for the modifier, if so does anybody know the right ones?

Thank you and good day.

9 hours ago, Braidbourne said:

Weird Question,  But to me, the phrase Brood Parasite has very negative connotations,   but it doesn't seem to affect migration...  nor have I gotten the Brood parasite has begun breeding message after signing a migration treaty,     it just doesn't make sense to me,       the civs are just like, what's that? you're a rapey alien species that will use our women as breeding factories?     Sounds like someone I wanna hang out with        

I myself I do not have already clear what are brood parasite and their role, but they boost growth speed if a spicies in your empire have set population growth control, meaning that they cannot reproduce, then, the parasite will start to benefit from happiness