Jump to content
Lithia<3

[mod] [Stellaris] Lustful Void - WIP

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Raana said:

 

Mix of both might be good. The issue I keep running into is ending up with 6+ trait points between the research and the ascension path, and no way to spend them because I've capped out my trait selections.

In the meantime you have this pointer which you can find where you download the file under the Compatiblity section:
 

Quote

Anything changing the "00_species_archetypes.txt" base game file. Delete this folder (...Lustful Void\common\species_archetypes) if you have another mod that increases trait points/picks.

Which you can translate to: That txt file contains the settings for trait points/trait picks ... just open that file and change those numbers to your hearts content :)

 

My reason: I have other mods that add other new traits, enabled when playing...

Link to post

Me personally I would like to see some different things if you are using Brood Parasite and All Female.  If there was a way to change pictures when Using Futanari that would also be nice. 

 

But I think I would like to see where they the all female Brood Parasite doesn't mention males at all.  But that's just me. And more popup events and decsions about the players created species would be nice.

 

One thing I have a question of, will there be new slavery?  I mean will there be new types of slavery, like breeding slavery or something similar? 

 

Other then that I find I'm enjoying this mod, and bonus for the futanari trait as well. 

 

Link to post
On 5/29/2019 at 8:20 AM, rallyelgen said:

In the meantime you have this pointer which you can find where you download the file under the Compatiblity section:
 

Which you can translate to: That txt file contains the settings for trait points/trait picks ... just open that file and change those numbers to your hearts content :)

 

My reason: I have other mods that add other new traits, enabled when playing...

Honestly, I think the baseline allocation is nicely balanced as-is. Gives plenty of room for quite a few interesting trait combinations while being restrictive enough to stop and really think about how a species should be set up at game start.

 

Part of it is also probably how with normal vanilla I would mod out the negative traits to grant those extra slots. Since all negative vanilla traits are purely negative. While some of the mod's traits still have value despite their penalties, and are worth holding onto.

 

Which is kind of why I switched to agreeing that a mixed benefit from the modded research may be the best approach. Extra points for those who want the points, extra slots for those who want more slots. Allowing genemodding to remain a way to grow a species for everyone.

Link to post

Just to let people know, I'm waiting for the new DLC that will come out next week before releasing an update. This does not mean I stopped working on the mod though...I just need to see what breaks. I'm sure not too much will, but still.

 

Also, as far as I know, you can't add more trait picks with technologies or even events. You can make events that give traits and them not costing a trait pick, but any template based on that species will take those traits into account for the limit.

 

I feel a lot better though, so I can do more than just fix a few bugs each night lol

Link to post

Personally, I thought having only 3 traits per species was boring. I like some more diversity and being able to really customize your species from the beginning, so I set trait picks to 20 and trait points to... 50, I think.

The only downside is that it's hard to see each individual trait because they are all so mushed together, but that's more of a UI problem. :P

 

(For that reason, I also tend to favour more unique and diverse traits rather than similar, incremental traits.)

Link to post

I would ask about the opinion modifiers about make others  "horny" or "lust", because I make some horny and others lust,  wich criteria followed here in order to say wich is horny and wich is lust?

Link to post

Harking back to an earlier comment. The LV milk farms seem to be working for me in terms of jobs (unless I'm misunderstanding it).

But it is with great reluctance I must admit that in the my playthrough with LV 0.4.1 I'm finding that the milk buildings are creating volatile motes instead of consuming them as upkeep. Not that I mind, but I feel this is unbalanced as proven by me abusing said building :)

Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 4:13 PM, Lithia<3 said:

Just to let people know, I'm waiting for the new DLC that will come out next week before releasing an update. This does not mean I stopped working on the mod though...I just need to see what breaks. I'm sure not too much will, but still.

 

Also, as far as I know, you can't add more trait picks with technologies or even events. You can make events that give traits and them not costing a trait pick, but any template based on that species will take those traits into account for the limit.

 

I feel a lot better though, so I can do more than just fix a few bugs each night lol

Here's hoping the update doesn't break anything with modifiers... One of my workshop mods is almost entirely modifiers, and it is an absolute pain to update whenever there's a big shift.

 

Sucks about the trait pick restrictions. Though I wouldn't go changing the values the mod sets them at during empire creation because I do think it's pretty balanced as is. Was just hoping there would be a way to expand upon that limit is all. Though I did think a little more on the traits added in general, and how the negative traits add penalties but are still useful in some way. Sadistic in particular because of the leader traits it gives, and Sex Crazed is also good for that early game growth kick with the resource output penalty being noticeable but not crippling.

 

It also got me thinking about maybe adding more negative traits to the list. A 3 point one in particular would be nice since I occasionally need the points, but Sexually Repressed is rather theme-specific and is also locked out by a lot of the other traits. A few quick ideas I had were:

Spoiler

> Abundant Penises

   -3 Cost

   The males of this species possess an ample number of penises to the point of being overwhelming to most species' females.

   +16% Growth Speed

   +8% Pop Food Upkeep

   +4% Amenities Usage

   +4% Consumer Goods Usage

   Has a substantial effect on Sex Jobs

   Has a substantial effect on breeding specific Sex Jobs

   Has an enormous effect on Other Species

      Positive Effect: Elastic Orifices, Masochistic, Sexually Gifted, Breeder Hips, Sex Crazed.

      Negative Effect: Everyone else.

   (Obviously made with tentacle monsters in mind)

 

> Prodigious Penis

   -2 Cost

   The males of this species are exceptionally well endowed compared to the galactic average, but are liable to harm the females of other species.

   +8% Happiness

   +4% Consumer Goods Usage

   Has a moderate effect on Sex Jobs

   Has a substantial effect on Other Species

      Positive Effect: Elastic Orifices, Masochistic, Sexually Gifted, Breeder Hips, Sex Crazed.

      Negative Effect: Everyone else.

   (Think size difference taken too far)

 

> Zoophilia

   -3 Cost

   This species has an unusual sexual interest in non-sapient life forms.

   +16% Xenophile Ethics Attraction

   -16% Growth Speed

   +8% Housing Usage

   Has a moderate effect on Sex Jobs

   Has a moderate effect on Other Species

      Positive Effect: Lewd Mind, Sex Crazed.

      Negative Effect: Everyone else.

   Zoophile leader traits to all leaders instead of just scientists

   Random empire events, particularly on planets with Hostile Wildlife, Alien Zoos, and (maybe) pre-sapients.

 

I'm also going to see if I can't make another civic themed around the sex trade with its own building chain. Along with a building chain for hive minds.

 

11 hours ago, kiargo said:

I would ask about the opinion modifiers about make others  "horny" or "lust", because I make some horny and others lust,  wich criteria followed here in order to say wich is horny and wich is lust?

Looking at the files it looks like "Lusting" comes from any non-xenophobe empire when your empire has:

> A ruler with the Lustful Body or Seductive traits

> A primary machine species with the Sex Bots trait (materialists in particular will lust after your empire more)

> A primary species with pretty much any of the male and female attribute traits (breasts, penises, etc)

 

Xenophile empires will of course lust after you even more.

 

"Horny" comes from xenophobic empires towards your empire if it has any of those same requirements, except spiritualists replace materialists for Sex Bots. As well as any species with the Lewd Mind or Sex Crazed traits.

Link to post

Are you sure horny is only for xenophobes?

I play with my empire (wich do not have any trait from LV) and are autoritarian and materialist, another empire wich the same ethos when I pick them say they are making my spicies horny, and have dobule penis, adorable, breast if I can remember right

Link to post

@kiargo

Took a second look and I guess I did miss a couple modifiers. Though I am surprised when you say you don't have any LV traits, because the modifiers for horny pretty much require one. The modifiers are as follows though:

 

Their empire are Xenophobes > Your ruler has either Lustful Body or Seductive; or your species has certain physical attribute species traits*

Their empire allows Slavery > Your ruler has either Lustful Body or Seductive; or your species has certain physical attribute species traits*

Their empire is Spiritualist > Your species has the sex bots species trait

Their species has Lewd Mind or Sex Crazed > Your empire has certain physical attribute species traits*

 

* Traits being Large Breasts, Huge Breasts, Multiple Breasts, Shapely Ass, Breeder Hips, Large Penis, Huge Penis, or Multiple Penises.

 

@Anonyshadow

They could probably use some tweaking. Probably what I get for writing them up late at night, but I was kind of trying to capture the 'negative but still useful' feel that I think some of the other negative mod traits have.

 

Though in hindsight I wonder if I shouldn't have reversed the effect on non-breeding sex jobs? Since the two of them were intended to be more 'too much to handle' compared to other similar traits. With that change then they'd probably be worth the negative value once the affected jobs are added in.

Link to post

@Raana, I say I do not play with any LV traits because I always play with my Draco, the Dragons look me horny at start because I had slavery, once I banned slavery (I do not play slaves anyway), they look me lusty instead of horny, here are the traits of the spicies, quite sad it only is one way.

503789646_Sinttulo.png.6eccf61b5fbd2dba2fa87a67e6d007d9.png

Link to post
5 hours ago, slunkygoosher said:

Can I make a race of intergalactic gay space cowboys yet or is homosexuality still in development?

You can do that, plus you can access the only currently-available sex job (milk cow - dairy job) if you alter "lv_pop_jobs.txt" a little bit.

 

Get rid of line 30:

NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_lv_all_male }

or comment it out to allow all-male species to fulfill the milk cow role.

Link to post
19 hours ago, slunkygoosher said:

Can I make a race of intergalactic gay space cowboys yet or is homosexuality still in development?

It's one of the future planned things.  Trust me I'm open to everything in this game.  Give me all the weird traits because aliens.  I would love to see an all male brood parasite species that uses males instead of female. 

 

The author is waiting for the newest dlc, which I'm hoping won't break anything since it seems to only add some new planets and new stuff you can do. 

 

But I don't know how far down the line for the homosexuality will be.  I kind of wonder if the author will allow volunteers to help or something. 

Link to post
On 6/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, kiargo said:

@Raana, I say I do not play with any LV traits because I always play with my Draco, the Dragons look me horny at start because I had slavery, once I banned slavery (I do not play slaves anyway), they look me lusty instead of horny, here are the traits of the spicies, quite sad it only is one way.

 

Maybe I'm reading the code wrong then. I'm not sure. 🤔

 

If anything it seems that as long as someone has one of the modded traits you'll either get lusting or horny modifiers from them.

 

-------

 

@Lithia<3 (and anyone else who might be interested).

Fiddled around with some policies, buildings, jobs, etc. and managed to put together a fun little Sex Trade civic to play around with.

 

Spoiler

--= Civic: Sex Trade =--

Available to Standard and Corporate non-Egalitarian Empires

-50% Slave Market Cost

20% Enslaved Pop Ratio (might need adjusting)

Can also enslave entire xeno pops like Authoritarian and Xenophobes.

Allows the Sex Trade Market building chain and Sex Trade Specialization policy.

Favors (should anyway) the Domestic Servitude slavery type when there aren't enough Pleasure Slave jobs.

Democratic empires won't like you, other Slave Trade empires will like you more.

Adds a custom AI personality that will try to acquire pops either through conquest or through migration.

 

--= Building Chain: Sex Trade Market/Exchange/Hub =--

Similar in construction cost to the Milking chain, but costing Rare Crystals instead of Unstable Motes.

Provides +2/+5/+8 Pleasure Slave jobs that are highly weighted to being worked by slaves.

Pleasure Slave jobs should receive the special LV trait bonuses to sex jobs (assuming I set them up right).

 

--= Policy: Sex Trade Specialization =--

No Specialization (broad generalism)

  - Pleasure Slaves produce +2 Trade Value, +2 Amenities, +2 Consumer Goods, +1% Pop Growth

  - Available from game start, the other options require the Sex Trade Specialization tech to be researched.

High-Quality (only the best)

  - Pleasure Slave upkeep is -0.2 Energy, -0.2 Rare Crystals (might need adjusting)

  - Pleasure Slaves produce +4 Trade Value, +4 Amenities, +4 Consumer Goods, +2% Pop Growth

Trial-Use (try before you buy)

  - Pleasure Slaves produce +2 Trade Value, +4 Amenities, +1% Pop Growth

Renting (luxury rentals instead of direct purchase)

  - Pleasure Slaves produce +1 Energy, +1 Trade Value, +4 Consumer Goods, +1% Pop Growth

Breeding (self-explanatory)

  - Pleasure Slave upkeep is -4 Consumer Goods

  - Pleasure Slaves produce +5% Pop Growth

 

Also had an amusing idea after finishing this. Since Milking jobs cost motes, and these sex jobs cost crystals, perhaps future breeding jobs could cost exotic gasses? Aerial aphrodisiacs and such. Could have a food/energy/mineral theme too, but I don't have a clue how to incorporate mineral production as a result of breeding.

 

If anyone wants to try the civic you can just drag and drop the files into the main LV mod folder and overwrite existing.

 

Edit! Just realized the file has the Enslaved Pop Ratio on the civic set to 33%. Which after a little while I realized was a bit too much and dropped it down to 20% which since has felt a bit more balanced. So feel free to adjust the modifier in the civic file and the tooltip text in the government localisation.

 

LV Addition 2.rar

Link to post

I see that this mod doesn't have a git repository, and I'd like to encourage you to create one. I've started tweaking my local copy of LV and fixing some things, but it would be a lot easier to share if I could just open a pull request - as well as if I could see the unreleased changes you've already made, so that we're not duplicating effort.

 

Anyway, thanks for all your hard work! This mod has really reivigorated my interest in Stellaris, great job so far. Really looking forward to the next release!

Link to post
On 6/1/2019 at 3:20 PM, slunkygoosher said:

Dang ... !! I just wanna make mpreg Ram Ranch Space Cowboys, lmao.

this, it's about time i ran a meme empire composed entirely of eighteen naked cowboys in the showers

Link to post

I'm waiting for new DLC to come out to play

 

But this mod sounds amazing. Its like (from what I read anyway since haven't actually started) the dark world for CK2 but stellaris...in terms of how big and involved this is. Granted its a WIP, but best adult mod for stellaris :D

Link to post

So I was looking at this and noticed that you added stuff to 00_citizen_types and that got me thinking... vanilla game already has "domestic servitude" as a slavery subset, maybe you could add "sexual servitude" as well?  No amenities bonus, but instead gives happiness and multiplies any genetic birthrate bonuses (only for those races that can interbreed, of course).

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...