The Paradox employee said in the reddit thread that it wouldn't affect mods as it just does stuff on the backend.

The modifiers change should NOT affect mods, or anything really. It's only how we update the values that changed. There might be cases of stuff that was updated immediately that isn't anymore, or stuff that was delayed that's no instant, but nothing else should be affected.

Also...

Can someone confirm that the Milk Farms work?

I have mine currently set to add pop growth. I get the indication if I hover over the building, but I do not see it reflected on the population screen where it lists the pop growth modifiers.

I can second that the base buildings work fine. Nice little boost to my food, and since I'm currently a hive mind I get some much-needed extra credits from selling the consumer goods (amazing how much energy hives use...)

Can't say anything about the additional features though. Never fails, every time the research actually shows up on my list it does so alongside a higher priority research. ?

I have no idea if it's from this mod but does anyone else have the framerate grind to a halt on the first of each month around 2250? It's not normal lag since as soon as it loads something it's back to butter smooth. I'm playing with no wormholes, gateways, reduced pop growth and halved hyperlanes yet the issue remains. The frustrating part is how many hours of gameplay are needed to hit 2250 to even know if changing my mod list fixes it.

Does anybody also experience the issue that since the last update you don't get any notifications for stuff like your all female species starting to mate with some aliens? The event seems to trigger as I can see the pop modifier but no event/notification...

18 hours ago, joeyjoejoeshabidoo said:

I have no idea if it's from this mod but does anyone else have the framerate grind to a halt on the first of each month around 2250? It's not normal lag since as soon as it loads something it's back to butter smooth. I'm playing with no wormholes, gateways, reduced pop growth and halved hyperlanes yet the issue remains. The frustrating part is how many hours of gameplay are needed to hit 2250 to even know if changing my mod list fixes it.

No, but bear in mind that 1) my computer is a monster, and 2) this game is terribly optimized.

Sorry about no updates, I've just been taking it easy this weekend. I feel a lot better though so modding will resume soon!

Here's a patch that's been on the discord server for a few days...forgot to post it here:

Extract and overwrite this archive to (...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod). This will fix milk cows a bit.

I've also fixed the problems with pop-ups a few hours ago...but I need to review it when I get a chance tonight to make sure I didn't make any silly mistakes again.

Lustful_Void.zip

1 hour ago, Bloodly said:

It's not clear to me; do Hive Minds get these sex jobs the traits keep mentioning?

Right now I think the only available jobs are the milking jobs, but they are available to Hive Minds so it's likely the other jobs added in the future will be as well.

6 hours ago, Malum Oculus said:

Yeah but to get both at once for a single race doesn't make sense.

The pops gets the bonifiers and maluses, not the entire species, if was that the case it would be like the anterior patch wich was shown as traits and that was really annoying. and still showed the bonuses and maluses applied at the population of a planet.

Is really wierd showing the bonus and maluses in a pop but really makes sence as you can know how much you gain or loose looking at the pop modifier.

7 hours ago, Malum Oculus said:

Yeah but to get both at once for a single race doesn't make sense.

1 hour ago, kiargo said:

The pops gets the bonifiers and maluses, not the entire species, if was that the case it would be like the anterior patch wich was shown as traits and that was really annoying. and still showed the bonuses and maluses applied at the population of a planet.

Is really wierd showing the bonus and maluses in a pop but really makes sence as you can know how much you gain or loose looking at the pop modifier.

I'm actually kind of curious about the conditions to apply the Lusting/Disgusted modifiers.

It was weird seeing them in my Hive Mind since gestalt consciousness kind of means they're all one single being in a way, but I figured it was just a conditional thing where pairing an all-male species with an all-female species was granting the "lusting after" bonus, but the second species was getting "disgusted by" because the main species was also a brood parasite.

Actually makes me wonder if hive minds shouldn't get slightly different pop bonuses. Especially since the happiness and ethics attraction modifiers from pretty much all of the pop modifiers are essentially pointless.

I also noticed the same thing in my normal, non-hive empire, but didn't think much of it there until I noticed the "disgusted by" penalty was being applied to a lot of my xenophile pops which I don't think it's supposed to do.

I'm confused by male only/female only. The text suggests that breeding gets a bonus once other races are available as citizens, but how does that work?

EDIT:

Oh, so the only benefit is happiness and xenophile ethics attraction? Okay.

Wow!

I didn't really check the Stellaris mods here ever since Megacorp was released, since I'm still not happy with PDs efforts at fixing the state of the main game and was quite surprised to see the modding scene here make this kind of effort.

So is this going to be the "combined efforts of LL for Stellaris" mod or should one run other LL mods alongside it?

5 hours ago, Starfire12 said:

Wow!

I didn't really check the Stellaris mods here ever since Megacorp was released, since I'm still not happy with PDs efforts at fixing the state of the main game and was quite surprised to see the modding scene here make this kind of effort.

So is this going to be the "combined efforts of LL for Stellaris" mod or should one run other LL mods alongside it?

From what i could read, It will be both a mod consisting of other mods, a all-in-one and also containing a framework, so that others can expand on it by adding additional features or sub-mods as well... (as Dark World Reborn /Dark world Fantasy works)

By the way, there is there missing patches? i do not see a patch for "SSX Enhanced Gene Mod" ?

Another question...

Which mods is fully implemented/merged in this mod?

I belive Sexual Gameplay is, but how is it with MSSA etc ?

16 hours ago, rallyelgen said:

Another question...

Which mods is fully implemented/merged in this mod?

I belive Sexual Gameplay is, but how is it with MSSA etc ?

From what I've seen quite a bit of MASSA is integrated at this point. I think it's mostly a few events and some of the building chains that are still missing.

Not sure how much of other mods are. The only other one I use is Sexy Xenos and really only for the species profiles.

-------

Also, @Lithia<3 while playing lately there were a few things I noticed could probably use some tweaks as far as balance and theme flavor go.

• Most of the pop modifiers probably need alternatives for gestalt consciousnesses. Since happiness and ethos modifiers don't give them any benefit.
    • Also, the sex shop event that gives trade value to a system. Since gestalts don't use trade goods.
  • I've found I never use the breeding planet decisions and rarely use the exhibitionism decision on my worlds. Generally favoring the vanilla planetary growth for 1k Food or a modded alternative that gives the same effect as vanilla, but continuously for 8 Food/month. I won't deny the growth bonus is massive, and worth the trade off of the production, but I've found I never have the influence to spend on them until a good 50+ years into my games. Even with the bonus influence from species sharing planets. Granted a lot of that's because I play "wide" so my influence tends to get dumped into territory expansion. (unless it's supposed to be a more mid-game benefit in which case ignore this).
  • Leader traits could probably use some adjusting to make them a bit more unique from each other. I know each will affect the outcomes of future events, but the baseline benefits will still remain a big factor in how valuable they seem.
    • For scientists right now I tend to gravitate towards Zoophile simply because it grants the biggest bonus to the same modifiers. Leaving Sexologist and Sadistic somewhat neglected.
      • Also a little surprised Zoophile is only available to the Sex Bot and Sadistic species traits, and not Lewd Mind and Sex Crazed as well (Submissive and Masochistic would probably be appropriate too).
    • Sadistic and Rapist for Admirals and Generals has a similar issue as well. With Rapist having the same bonuses as Sadistic, plus two more in both cases.
    • Also, a more in-general thing, but I've noticed that any leader regardless of species can get the traits as long as there's another species in the empire with the required species trait (something I'll admit to taking advantage of).
  • Physics and Engineering could probably use some equivalents as well. Not sure how to apply them to researchers aside from maybe "accidents" happening in the three lab types, but the other two could be tied to anomalies in their own unique ways. Extradimensional beings, psionic possessions, ancient machine "toys," etc.
  • Spiritualist / Materialist divide with All-Male and All-Female respectively also seems a bit of an odd choice to me.
  • I also wonder if it'd be possible to have the transformation researches increase max trait picks instead of trait points. Because I generally end up with far more trait points than I can spend since I just can't pick any more traits to add to a species.

Other than that everything from the last big update has felt much more balanced than things did prior, and I've come up with some rather interesting species trait combinations and empire themes with the changes.

Edit: oh, and I modified one of the hive assimilator traits to test the bonuses I posted a few pages back to see how they handle with a little extra power to make up for being disliked by just about everyone:

Spoiler

+ 15% Evasion

+ 15% Sublight Speed

+ 20% Habitability (gotta be able to survive on the planets your hosts are on, also kind of pairs with the machine / cyborg habitability bonus from machine assimilators)

+ 40% Army Morale Damage (demoralize instead of flat damage because of the other things they do to their foes instead of killing them)

+ 20% Biology Research

+ 25% Ship Build Speed (instead of ship cost reduction)

+ 33% Naval capacity

Seems to be pretty balanced for the most part. Maybe drop the habitability and biology from the syncretic hive trait if they do get added, because with both civics and the extremely adaptable trait I could safely colonize tomb worlds before I even got the research and was flying through biology techs.

That said, I've had a federation eyeballing my hive for most of the late early game, and I think they've been gearing up to attack because they keep forcing their ethos on their neighbors and making that whole corner of the galaxy either federated or at least associated. ?

8 hours ago, smorefan said:

Anyone know why it keeps crashing on the fourth day despite it being my only enabled mod?

I know it always locks up for a few seconds on the 4th and 9th days of a new game for me. It's pretty much the mod checking every pop in the new galaxy to see if they qualify for the modifiers. I just let it run and the freezes usually stop not long afterward once the scripts finish checking things and the game continues fine afterward.

I have noticed the freezes vary in length depending on galaxy size too (more pops, longer process I suppose) so maybe give it some time to see if it's just taking a while to process everything?

14 hours ago, Raana said:

-------

Also, @Lithia<3 while playing lately there were a few things I noticed could probably use some tweaks as far as balance and theme flavor go.

• I also wonder if it'd be possible to have the transformation researches increase max trait picks instead of trait points. Because I generally end up with far more trait points than I can spend since I just can't pick any more traits to add to a species.

Please do not do this (or just don't switch one for another), as for those who are using more then one mod that adds additional traits, could use those extra points for other things...

45 minutes ago, rallyelgen said:

Please do not do this (or just don't switch one for another), as for those who are using more then one mod that adds additional traits, could use those extra points for other things...

Balance in all things...

A nice mix of both then!

6 hours ago, rallyelgen said:

6 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Balance in all things...

A nice mix of both then!

Mix of both might be good. The issue I keep running into is ending up with 6+ trait points between the research and the ascension path, and no way to spend them because I've capped out my trait selections.