Certainly some interesting changes I see on an initial glance. Would have to see them at work in game, but the modifiers do look a lot more balanced for their point costs. I'm guessing all of the job influences are for upcoming features though? Since I didn't see any new jobs in the files.

Was kind of hoping for a universal intercompatible trait (a species where both genders are compatible), but I'm guessing the changes to the mono-gender intercompatible traits and probably the vanilla game ascension perk are related to that?

Either way time to shuffle through my premade empires list and rebuild everything. ?

Edit: The one thing I'm a bit confused about is the Spiritualist/Materialist ethics draw on the Male/Female Only traits?

I have to admit changes are good and well implemented, adding them on population modifiers instead of "traits" is good idea, and using the already existing Xeno Intercompatibility trait too.

Now I wonder how would gonna work the Brood Parasitre, All males and All females.. ?

Had a thought, with the upcoming archeology expansion, do you think it might be possible to tie genetic traits to it? As in some traits are reliant on being found instead of them all being available at the beginning, I think it would make the genetic engineering techs more interesting and important. Also it would expand the gameplay aspect of the mod.

I have been poking around the code around the slavery system and purge mechanics and found something interesting.

Stellaris > Common > Species_Rights has files 03_Slavery_types and 04_purge_types. I am not confident enough to start messing with the code itself without breaking the game, but is it theoretically possible to insert new slavery and purge types into these files?

41 minutes ago, TankHunter678 said:

So do I just remove the !! marks and overwrite to update?

No don't do that...just delete the old version and install the new one.

24 minutes ago, keflyn said:

Had a thought, with the upcoming archeology expansion, do you think it might be possible to tie genetic traits to it? As in some traits are reliant on being found instead of them all being available at the beginning, I think it would make the genetic engineering techs more interesting and important. Also it would expand the gameplay aspect of the mod.

It will probably be possible, dependent on exactly how much they don't leave hard coded anyway.

16 minutes ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I have been poking around the code around the slavery system and purge mechanics and found something interesting.

Stellaris > Common > Species_Rights has files 03_Slavery_types and 04_purge_types. I am not confident enough to start messing with the code itself without breaking the game, but is it theoretically possible to insert new slavery and purge types into these files?

Unfortunately they intentionally left species rights mostly hard coded. You can rename and slightly alter the existing ones...but not add new ones.

13 minutes ago, Lithia<3 said:

Unfortunately they intentionally left species rights mostly hard coded. You can rename and slightly alter the existing ones...but not add new ones.

Aw, I was hoping it would be HARD and not outright impossible. To bad.

2 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

2 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

Aw, I was hoping it would be HARD and not outright impossible. To bad.

I thought the same thing at first when I saw those too and got my hopes up, but slavery and purge types come with "token" flags which I think are the hard-coded bits.

Altering prerequisites is about the limit of what can be done sadly. So it's more a matter of coming up with clever workarounds than creating something new.

For example I've been playing around with the assimilation mechanics with a relative level of success.

So, a playstyle I've wanted to do for a while is Authoritarian Xenophiles, wanting to acquire other species pokémon style for "Petting Zoos."

The idea is they LOVE other races, They want them to migrate to their worlds, they want to find all manner of other races!

..Then they want to make them into pets.
Harvest their natural resources(furs, excretions, materials,) train them for residential pets, study them, make games with them
I'm using the flowery plantoids with the long "tongue," and in fact giving them that trait thanks to your mod, as well as the pheromones

My question, I suppose, is how would this be made into a government civic, and would if it were considered, would the maker of this change accept a few events written up for such a civic?

I'm probably just dumb, but how do you modify traits later in the game after unlocking the masculine/feminine/etc tier 5 techs? There are so many traits that it just bleeds off the template window, and of course all the fun Void traits are the ones at the bottom that leaked off. The Exotic Biogenesis Sequencing tech mentions something about enabling a "conversion menu" but I don't know what or where that is...

Or maybe that part just isn't finished yet and I'm on a wild goose chase. If so, how might it look/work after it's finished?

Thanks in advance! The mod looks great so far, we appreciate the hard work!

25 minutes ago, Schmee said:

I'm probably just dumb, but how do you modify traits later in the game after unlocking the masculine/feminine/etc tier 5 techs? There are so many traits that it just bleeds off the template window, and of course all the fun Void traits are the ones at the bottom that leaked off. The Exotic Biogenesis Sequencing tech mentions something about enabling a "conversion menu" but I don't know what or where that is...

Or maybe that part just isn't finished yet and I'm on a wild goose chase. If so, how might it look/work after it's finished?

Thanks in advance! The mod looks great so far, we appreciate the hard work!

This mod will clean up and expand just about every part of the UI, including the gene modification menu.

---

In other news it seems something in the update isn't playing nice with one of my own workshop mods. Because I'm seeing worker pops being enslaved no matter what their empire's ethos is. ?

The more I look at the new paradox update with its focus on archaeology the more I think it has potential with this mod. Ancient precursor sex toys? Sex bots made for ancient species long extinct who has been driven mad by the lack of its masters to fuck (sounds like an end game crisis to me!)? Discovering old gene modding labs with the blueprints for extreme body modification to make a perfect sex slave? Sounds like fun to me!

2 hours ago, Anonyshadow said:

@Raana Nah everything seems fine to me. The working class should always be subjugated to their superiors! Muawahaha.

The issue is more that whatever's wrong is bypassing the slavery empire policy entirely. Slavery is outright prohibited, most notably for egalitarian empires, and yet the individual species rights for chattel slavery and domestic servitude are both active and selectable.

I know it's related to my mod, since it modifies the slavery citizenship type and disabling it halted the issue, but it also wasn't an issue before the latest update to LV either.

Edit: Nvm. This is apparently a new issue that cropped up in my mod because it's doing it when I disable LV as well.

14 minutes ago, kiargo said:

Someone knows how brood parasite, all male/woman/futa works now? I am intrigued and nothing happened at my little test games :D

From what I've seen so far the bonuses are applied as pop modifiers.

For example: my main empire has a normal dual-gender human species and a female-only xeno species sharing my homeworld. When the event flags them as interbreeding the pop portraits in the planetary UI receive a small blue flag in their corners with the bonuses and I get the normal notification. I imagine the same happens with the other traits as well.

Overall it's a lot cleaner than the previous method of having temporary species traits which made a mess of the species UI and started causing a lot of lag around midgame.

20 hours ago, Lithia<3 said:

No don't do that...just delete the old version and install the new one.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Though it seems updating to the new version somehow killed my 99 trait picks so all my older empires had to be deleted.

Edit: Caused some duplicates on accident, sorry about that.

4 hours ago, Raana said:

From what I've seen so far the bonuses are applied as pop modifiers.

For example: my main empire has a normal dual-gender human species and a female-only xeno species sharing my homeworld. When the event flags them as interbreeding the pop portraits in the planetary UI receive a small blue flag in their corners with the bonuses and I get the normal notification. I imagine the same happens with the other traits as well.

Overall it's a lot cleaner than the previous method of having temporary species traits which made a mess of the species UI and started causing a lot of lag around midgame.

Agree, but i was meaning if the pops with those traits will breed or cause the same effects like the previous patch

edit: the game still frozes at 2200.1.04 even with the patches, some else happen this too?

A little surprised there aren't any growth modifiers to offset the penalty for the mono-gender traits, but I'm guessing that's where the intercompatible traits are supposed to come in.

So far as I can tell though the game is running smoother than it was before the update. Though I'm wondering if a planetary flag shouldn't be added the first time a planet qualifies for the dominant/submissive trait pair. Because I'm getting it's notification every time I gain a pop, and disabling notifications disables all notifications, not just those.

8 hours ago, kiargo said:

Agree, but i was meaning if the pops with those traits will breed or cause the same effects like the previous patch

edit: the game still frozes at 2200.1.04 even with the patches, some else happen this too?

Give it a few seconds. I got the same freeze at day 4, and a smaller one at day 9 on a new game. Best guess is it's the initial pass the mod does to check for traits. Because afterward I got the event notifications and both my pops and a few pops around the galaxy had the blue modifiers.