@Lithia<3 I was super excited when perfect hybrid event fired, but the portrait was not to my liking. So when I tried to gene mod this species. Then I realized I couldn't really edit this species because of trait points and trait picks limit, even though all I wanted was to change the portrait. I feel like there should be method of only changing the portrait, at least for the perfect hybrids. 

A suggestion, though this might be horrendously overpowered and therefore hazardous to the balance in-general, please make a separate traits that are exclusive to the perfect hybrids, that does not cost trait points or picks (or at least less). When the perfect hybrid event fires, it will only draw traits from this exclusive list, so we can change the portraits :)

5 hours ago, fakeone44 said:

No, nothing is showing up in the traits that is not part of base game

Is the mod actually selected in the launcher?

6 hours ago, egon123 said:

Also, maybe it could be worth thinking about to combine IC womp and sperm into one unified trait.

The thought came me, when I wanted to gave my species that isn't pure male or female the ability for IC reproduction. I ended up with two traits that does basically the same and also doubled the temp growth bonus. From my logical rp standpoint that didn't make sense.

That is a consideration.  I did not give specific thought to the case of a species with both forms of intercompatibility, but yes, at present that does end up with a doubled growth bonus...

Right now, the implementation doesn't exactly match up to my own reasoning as to what "logically" makes sense, for bonuses, since I was really only streamlining the assignment of existing traits, rather than altering the circumstances under which they are assigned or what they do.  But I had concluded, since "womb time" of mothers is effectively the limiting factor in reproduction rather than impregnation by fathers, that as a baseline effect, an interspecies coupling essentially transfers some of the mother species' growth to the father species.

(Here and elsewhere I am presuming that an interspecies coupling could result in a child of either species.)

This does match up with the behavior already present in the mod, that species with intercompatible sperm will get a growth bonus for themselves and impose a growth penalty on the other species on the planet with whom they mate.  It does not, however, match up with the behavior for intercompatible wombs; that trait instead effectively conjures growth out of the ether, giving bonuses to both species involved.

That 'contradiction' doesn't necessarily have to be resolved.  I could parallelize things for the intercompatible species, giving each a level 1 bonus when they have anyone else to mate with, and a level 2 bonus if they have another intercompatible species to mate with, and only care about the sex details for assigning effects to the non-intercompatible partner in the first case.  But it does itch at my mind a little.

6 hours ago, egon123 said:

@vunrtdofrt Good work so far. Did you consider to combine that all female/male check in one event? 

In my changes I let one event search for both cases I gave the result the same counter temp trait. Atm male and female pops have a different temp trait. But the function is the same. Give back that -40% growth speed. Did that in my game and found no problems so far. 

Certainly could be done, but it wouldn't really save any processing power; the ORs you'd have to use would make it approximately as computationally expensive either way.

Hey,

i am to lazy to look trough the comments so forgive me if it already got told somewhere. I wanted to know if the mod is compatible with mods like Sexual Gameplay and SSX. I know this mod has things inspired by these mods so i am not sure if they conflict

6 minutes ago, Schrapy said:

Hey,

i am to lazy to look trough the comments so forgive me if it already got told somewhere. I wanted to know if the mod is compatible with mods like Sexual Gameplay and SSX. I know this mod has things inspired by these mods so i am not sure if they conflict

On 4/17/2019 at 9:14 PM, Lithia<3 said:

@JuicyDroid I'll be adding a cleaned up version of SSX to the mod soon.

I'm running into an issue where if I start a new game with any of the added traits, it will just CTD once it is done loading. Any empire I make that doesn't have the traits will load the game completely fine.

Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening and how I could fix it?

I can guess the answer already, but what the hell: 

Is it possible for only pops of certain ideologies to be affect by an event? 

For example, if I had an event that pertains to increase number of Pops using sexbots with compatible wombs for breeding, could a event split the race in two - have everybody with Non-spiritualist become an all male race, while everybody with Spiritualist ethos become an entirely seperate race alltogether? 

7 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

I'm running into an issue where if I start a new game with any of the added traits, it will just CTD once it is done loading. Any empire I make that doesn't have the traits will load the game completely fine.

Anybody have a clue as to why this is happening and how I could fix it?

That seems really weird. You mean you have the mod enabled yet it CTDs only when you apply traits to your custom race?
What other mods do you have and what version of Stellaris do you use? (Just to start from somewhere)

i have installed hte mod + elves of stellaris and ssx, applied the patches and so on but when i want to create a custom race, the ilythiri race is empty and ssx is is the only one with pictures showing (from the ssx races) but on the top it shows another picture than the small one so i am wondering if i did something wrong?

installed are all ssx mods, but currently disabled due to being empty or showing wrong images and elves of stellaris besides lustful void and the loading screens.

I am using the version 2.2.7 of stellaris what I think should be the newest one.

Sorry if this already got explained but i am new to this game and so I want to say thanks in advance for your help^^

Edit: ok, saw that i was stupid, so you can customize them if you click on them, didn´t see it, so the problem with the wrong images is solved so the missng ones are a problem for now as far as i have tested

42 minutes ago, Sekeis said:

i have installed hte mod + elves of stellaris and ssx, applied the patches and so on but when i want to create a custom race, the ilythiri race is empty and ssx is is the only one with pictures showing (from the ssx races) but on the top it shows another picture than the small one so i am wondering if i did something wrong?

installed are all ssx mods, but currently disabled due to being empty or showing wrong images and elves of stellaris besides lustful void and the loading screens.

I am using the version 2.2.7 of stellaris what I think should be the newest one.

Sorry if this already got explained but i am new to this game and so I want to say thanks in advance for your help^^

Edit: ok, saw that i was stupid, so you can customize them if you click on them, didn´t see it, so the problem with the wroßn images is solved so the missng ones are a problem for now as far as i have tested

I think that the only problem with custom races (when using the Lustful Void) is that "Basically pops won't change gender without it, only leaders will." as is stated on the front page. You should probably try to get help in the forums of that mod that you've got the problem with. Sometimes it just takes time to update a mod to the newest version. I personally don't use any portrait mods but it seems like it is not a compatibility issue concerning Lustful Void. Have you tried disabling LV to see if the mod works then?

8 hours ago, Dagome_Iudex said:

I can guess the answer already, but what the hell:  

Is it possible for only pops of certain ideologies to be affect by an event? 

For example, if I had an event that pertains to increase number of Pops using sexbots with compatible wombs for breeding, could a event split the race in two - have everybody with Non-spiritualist become an all male race, while everybody with Spiritualist ethos become an entirely seperate race alltogether?  

That's absolutely possible to do, but I'm not sure how desirable it is.  It adds to race spam, and the underlying reasons behind it wouldn't be consistent; after a while, some of the non-spiritualist males would become spiritualist, and the separate spiritualist race would have some people become non-spiritualist.

1 hour ago, -sn said:

I think that the only problem with custom races (when using the Lustful Void) is that "Basically pops won't change gender without it, only leaders will." as is stated on the front page. You should probably try to get help in the forums of that mod that you've got the problem with. Sometimes it just takes time to update a mod to the newest version. I personally don't use any portrait mods but it seems like it is not a compatibility issue concerning Lustful Void. Have you tried disabling LV to see if the mod works then?

tried it and still the same, so i need to wait for updates or as it was said by the creator of lustful void that he will add his own verison of ssx

thx for the quick reply^^

29 minutes ago, Sekeis said:

tried it and still the same, so i need to wait for updates or as it was said by the creator of lustful void that he will add his own verison of ssx

thx for the quick reply^^

"Only the SSX and SSM species classes have the portraits. It's normal if the other species classes are empty, it's because it's impossible to add a new cityscape without his own species classes." ripped from SSX front page. Not sure what exactly he meant by it (as he is not good in English and neither am I native speaker tbh) but it might be connected to the issue you are having. SSX should be compatible with 2.2.x but I had some compatibility issues with other mods especially when Stellaris hit 2.2.5 I believe so it may be misleading. Probably waiting for LV version is the best bet.

Did not help you with the issue but I like to try in my free time.

2 hours ago, vunrtdofrt said:

That's absolutely possible to do, but I'm not sure how desirable it is.  It adds to race spam, and the underlying reasons behind it wouldn't be consistent; after a while, some of the non-spiritualist males would become spiritualist, and the separate spiritualist race would have some people become non-spiritualist.

Not if the event grants the new race a custom trait that gives -1000% materialistic ethos attraction, and the even would only fire for player empire, like the Worm plotline or the progenitors stuff. 

This is all just me theorycrafting, but the one thing Stellaris does that no other game can is Societal Change on a planetary scale. 

Who wouldn't want to see their empire grow more xenophilic as Alien Prostitute grow in popularity?
More materialistic as sexbots and VR becomes wide available? 

Spiritualistic as psionic parasites slowly worm their way into the heads of their leaders? 

Militaristic and xenophic as unwanted refugees start to swarm your planets, raping people and causing trouble? 

Egalitarian and Pacific as hippies claim "free love for all"? 

More authoritarian as the species annexes a submissive race, and slowly starts to learn the forbidden pleasure of enslaving others? 

From a narrative standpoint, the possibilities are incredible. I only fear we are limited by the technology of our times. 

Some of that's already present...sort of.  Free alien pops drive up xenophile attraction, especially if they're charismatic.  Robots drive up materialist attraction.  It can certainly be expanded upon.  I've actually been working on an adjustment to the xenophilic/xenophobic divide to better account for the case of subjugated aliens.   In vanilla, they need to be xenophilic (alien-loving) to join the xenophile faction which pushes for them to have full rights.  But this doesn't make a great deal of sense - it's purely self-interested behavior, and shouldn't require you to have any great affection for aliens, particularly as the most prominent aliens you'll deal with in that case are your alien conquerors.  Quite to the contrary, a "xeno-loving" subjugated alien is likely to be a collaborator with their overlords, accepting an inferior position.

So I've tried flipping it.  In my testing ground, non-citizen (that is, "residence" citizenship) xenophilic aliens join the Supremacist faction in support of their overlords, while non-citizen xenophobic aliens are the ones to join xenoist faction.  (With a noticeable boost to do so, since it is directly in their interests).  Likewise, xenophobic pressure from factions and governing ethics is flipped in noncitizens, driving them towards xenophilia instead.  I've gotten it into a reasonably functional state, though it took some doing.  I was beating my head for a while against the weights not being what they were supposed to, until finally figuring out that the vanilla game code I was using as a model, surprise surprise, was broken.  Paradox strikes again.

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:56 PM, vunrtdofrt said:

Right now, the implementation doesn't exactly match up to my own reasoning as to what "logically" makes sense, for bonuses, since I was really only streamlining the assignment of existing traits, rather than altering the circumstances under which they are assigned or what they do.  But I had concluded, since "womb time" of mothers is effectively the limiting factor in reproduction rather than impregnation by fathers, that as a baseline effect, an interspecies coupling essentially transfers some of the mother species' growth to the father species.

(Here and elsewhere I am presuming that an interspecies coupling could result in a child of either species.)

This does match up with the behavior already present in the mod, that species with intercompatible sperm will get a growth bonus for themselves and impose a growth penalty on the other species on the planet with whom they mate.  It does not, however, match up with the behavior for intercompatible wombs; that trait instead effectively conjures growth out of the ether, giving bonuses to both species involved.

If I may offer a counter-point, you should consider that sex does not just happen for the purpose of reproduction (except for those with Sexually Repressed). If you have a species with Intercompatible Wombs who also happens to be Sex Crazy, well, it's entirely possible, even likely, that the mothers would be having sex right up to delivery. If their partner is not of a species with Sex Crazy, well then they've got a significantly reduced stamina and sperm supply (you can't maintain a Sex Crazy behavior if your flesh can't keep up). There's a limit to how many times a guy can cum in a day, every day, before things start breaking. And if all of that energy is being spent keeping their Sex Crazy baby-mothers satisfied, then it is not being spent impregnating females of their own species.

Although if the Intercompatible Womb species is -not- Sex Crazy, then I can see your point.

10 hours ago, -sn said:

That seems really weird. You mean you have the mod enabled yet it CTDs only when you apply traits to your custom race?
What other mods do you have and what version of Stellaris do you use? (Just to start from somewhere)

Here is the list of my mods and the current version of Stellaris I'm using is Le Guin v2.2.7

None of the mods I have are marked as "Outdated" and I haven't actually been trying to start a game using any custom race from a mod, I've been trying to play using vanilla races using this mods traits. My guess is that it is running into an issue with custom races trying to give them the traits from LV.

59 minutes ago, Zorlond said:

If I may offer a counter-point, you should consider that sex does not just happen for the purpose of reproduction (except for those with Sexually Repressed). If you have a species with Intercompatible Wombs who also happens to be Sex Crazy, well, it's entirely possible, even likely, that the mothers would be having sex right up to delivery. If their partner is not of a species with Sex Crazy, well then they've got a significantly reduced stamina and sperm supply (you can't maintain a Sex Crazy behavior if your flesh can't keep up). There's a limit to how many times a guy can cum in a day, every day, before things start breaking. And if all of that energy is being spent keeping their Sex Crazy baby-mothers satisfied, then it is not being spent impregnating females of their own species.

Although if the Intercompatible Womb species is -not- Sex Crazy, then I can see your point.

That seems a little far-fetched.  Particularly as there would certainly be other males of the race willing to donate a little genetic material, whereas other women willing to bear a child at any given time are likely to be in shorter supply.

Hey Lithia,

I have been playing with your mod, and have come back with some suggestions and bugs, like I said I might.

The traits added by this mod definitely need further attention.  The balancing, for me, is too divergent from vanilla.  I would very much appreciate further efforts to balance these, as I currently won't expend my full traits point budget when creating a race, because it would just be too much of an advantage.  A couple ideas to consider if you decide to conduct a balancing pass on the traits system:

• The custom traits from your mod need to be of roughly the same magnitude in terms of pro's & con's as compared to vanilla traits.  If this is not followed relatively closely, the balance becomes exponentially worse, the higher the points budget is.  Some of the current traits from this mod are too valuable in the benefits that they provide.
  • Considering your mod seems to raise the points budget on trait picks, I think it would be wise to think about lowering the current budget a bit, perhaps a couple points.
  • I think some of your traits could be condensed or collapsed into a lesser number, as there is some redundancy.  For example, "Synth Seeder" and "Cybernetic Womb" both offer the exact same bonuses.  The same applies for "Advanced Artificial Womb" and "Biomechanical Breeder".
  • There are at least one or two plain errors.  For example, "Artificial Womb" claims to increase robot upkeep by 5%.  At the same time, choosing this trait costs 2 points.  It does not make sense that a negative trait would cost points.  Another example, with "Artificial Advanced Womb", claims two effects, increasing robot upkeep by 10%, and increasing unity from jobs by 10%.  This trait costs three points.  Another trait, "Dildo Attachment", only increases unity from jobs by 10%.  "Dildo Attachment" has the same benefit, but lacks the negative effect of "Artificial Advanced Womb", but only costs 1 trait point, 2 points less expensive than an objectively inferior trait.

Hopefully I have not parroted too much of what some others have already stated, as I only did a cursory readthrough of this thread.  I have some other thoughts, but I will save them for when I am not so tired, and have some more useful feedback to give.  Thank you for all your work, and I look forward to further development.

1 hour ago, vunrtdofrt said:

That seems a little far-fetched.  Particularly as there would certainly be other males of the race willing to donate a little genetic material, whereas other women willing to bear a child at any given time are likely to be in shorter supply.

Well the very term "Sex Crazy" comes with some inherent weight to it. If they're not actively seeking sex far in excess of galactic norms, be it through multiple times a day every day, even when not reproductively needed anymore, in situations that others would balk at, or most likely a combination of all three, then it's not really "Crazy", is it? It's just "a bit horny and sloppy with contraceptives".

I mean, if it were an All Male species with Sex Crazy, what kind of image does that bring up in your head? Same behavior should apply to the females.

8 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

Here is the list of my mods and the current version of Stellaris I'm using is Le Guin v2.2.7

None of the mods I have are marked as "Outdated" and I haven't actually been trying to start a game using any custom race from a mod, I've been trying to play using vanilla races using this mods traits. My guess is that it is running into an issue with custom races trying to give them the traits from LV.

So you use custom races but you are not playing them yourself. SSX and Elves need a patch. Don't know if the custom race has an ability to CTD when you use LV, though. A quick fix is to just disable them if that solves the issue tbh. I mean, you are not using them anyway.

A basic search for incompatibility is to just disable a few of them and try. Rinse and repeat. Can be a drawn-out segment yet if disabling CRs does not solve the issue you don't have any other choice. Write here when you find possible incompatibility for others that might experience the same problem.

Edit: I know you don't use SSX/Elves but you do use other custom races. Just to clarify.

Thinking about gender, traits, civic points, intercompatibility and whatnot. Have some questions.

Well we had an origin civics mod. Part of it became giving a civic point just for origins. Would it be possible to have sexual gender bassed traits for all species similar to that?

Species bassed gender might include:

All female

All male

Dimorphic (males and females)

Transexual (can change genders)

Hemaphroditic

Asexual.

On intercompatibility. One thought is could sub species be intercompatible by default. Breeding with each other but not producing hybrids.

Could we have sexualy dimorphic civic? This would give 2 subspecies, one all male the other all female. With the above change we would have a useful and flavor full civic without creating hybrid species.

Actually, 'Dimorphic' means a lot more than just gender. Humans are dimorphic. Housecats and dogs are not. The difference is you can't really tell a dog's gender just at a glance, you have to check groins. The proper term would be Dioecious.

Other than that, seems like a nice concept, but I don't know if the game engine can handle it.

edit: Actually, thinking about it, you could use both terms. Dimorphic for more human-like (as with most 'sexy aliens'), and Dioecious for when there's two genders, but it's hard to tell the difference. The latter could probably come with a small interspecies reproduction malus.

8 hours ago, -sn said:

So you use custom races but you are not playing them yourself. SSX and Elves need a patch. Don't know if the custom race has an ability to CTD when you use LV, though. A quick fix is to just disable them if that solves the issue tbh. I mean, you are not using them anyway.

A basic search for incompatibility is to just disable a few of them and try. Rinse and repeat. Can be a drawn-out segment yet if disabling CRs does not solve the issue you don't have any other choice. Write here when you find possible incompatibility for others that might experience the same problem.

Edit: I know you don't use SSX/Elves but you do use other custom races. Just to clarify.

I just tried to play the game with all the custom races disabled and I'm still getting a CTD when the loading bar hits 100%, so its not them.

Guess it is time to slowly disable mods to figure out the problematic mod.

Update 1: I've found that the CTD during loading was being caused by "EG* - Colour Coded Messages", but now I CTD when clicking "Begin" on the opening message. (This is happening on random as I'm still getting a CTD on loading)

Update 2: I'm just putting this mod to the side and waiting. I've disabled all my mods and tested the game with LV, Dark UI and UI Overhaul 1080p with Dark UI patch. I was able to play like normal and started adding in mods one at a time, which I managed to get about 8 in...however whenever I encounter the first problem I have to disable almost all the mods I enabled and tested to work before I stop CTD during loading. Even now as I'm typing this I've noticed that I can't even load with LV, Dark UI, the UI Overhaul any more.

I've already run an integrity check and it found nothing wrong. If it helps, the first problem occurred when I attempted to load in using a custom banner and emblem. Also while looking at the error logs that Stellaris produces it does say that LV isn't in the wrong encoding and should be in utf8-bom.

Update 3: I decided to give this another try and this has turned into a problem with Stellaris and/or Nvidia as I can't even load a modless vanilla game anymore. I'm currently reinstalling Stellaris and running update checks on my graphics card as those seem to be the usual problems as of 2.2.X from what I've read.