​ ? FASHION POLICE ​ ? discussion thread : Updated 2020-07-19 Eco Lifestyle mini-update

@angiebaby23 I like all of those and would consider them very usable for MM outfits, because they are elegant and simple (not in a bad way). The last one (Stars) is probably the least MM of them in my eyes - with its small details and thin segments. If you browse the selection of MAXIS earrings, you can tell that they tend to generally use thicker and simple connecting segments and a relatively bright colorful pastel palette (unlike the muted Lailah earrings).

For some reason, I'm not so bothered by not-exactly-MM jewelry when sticking with the relatively simpler designs. I don't have many CC accessories installed right now as I'm often satisfied with the plain MAXIS stuff (pearls, metal rings, studs), but here are a few of varying styles I use anyway. I'd consider only #2 and #4 really MM. Most of the others are "betrayed" by the detailed parts such as segmented chains or tiny hooks which look a little too realistic to fit in properly.

e1.png.5a561c19e42186aeb97a4ec5cf5bee1e.pnge2.png.a757bb144244a93c23f2d4ecd2de9d1c.pnge3.png.d4338cbfedaebc7230d144b303f3dfdc.pnge4.png.5d90690fa9a689ed8c528aeeb3f97a3d.pnge5.png.c16588e4e777046d001757669e1a50b2.pnge9.png.28502e5a0a7f0a2e9453b0802685b7fd.pnge6.png.ebfd24539c71a16ff5695d01b6e31ecf.pnge8.png.50f18672a9ea93d323a0bc14cbc52eb2.pnge7.png.7b0fa96aa3df1464da08638e057326e0.png

The heart, amber, green and sequin designs are by NataliS. The cross is by Pralinesims, the seashell is by Taty, the star is by S-Club and the light blue stud is by RenoraSims. (Let me know if you are interested in one of these and cannot find the download.)

@erplederp Thank you so much for your help!  Those earrings are some of my favorites that I was fairly sure were MM, so I'm pleased they'll work for @2cool4u_1's Sims Dressing project.  I did reject the "stars" one, though. 

I actually already had the studs by Renora, I like them.  I'm sure I'll find the seashell with the creator name.  :)

I may come back if I run into stickiness with necklaces and bracelets haha. If that's okay of course.  Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Somiktata said:

hi! I love your mod very much. But I noticed that very often sneakers or other shoes clings to bathing suits(up to boots, not СС). How to fix?

I'm not sure what you mean, exactly. Can you describe it more, or give a picture / example?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for this!!  Total thumbs up!! 

So, first, I'm a VERY new simmer and it took me a while to 'get' all of this.  With stuff like MCCC and all the different utility type mods, things get REALLY confusing on how they actually affect gameplay.  

But after playing this game a bit more and making some mistakes, I'm starting to learn how things work.

I should tell you that your explanation of MC Dresser really helped me understand how that worked!!

I'd love to see a mod like this, and today after work I'm totally installing your config file :)

but before I go, I'd like to ask a newb question... What exactly is meant by a 'clean' outfit... I'm still kinda fuzzy on that?

5 minutes ago, merctime said:

before I go, I'd like to ask a newb question... What exactly is meant by a 'clean' outfit... I'm still kinda fuzzy on that?

It's not really a 'newb' question. The term "clean outfit" is Deaderpool's term, not mine. It means an acceptable outfit. The CFG file is a list of outfits, so an acceptable (or "clean") outfit is any one from the CFG file.

11 minutes ago, merctime said:

Hey, thanks for this!!  Total thumbs up!! .....

I should tell you that your explanation of MC Dresser really helped me understand how that worked!!

You're welcome. Thanks for that. I try to make the info / instructions as simple and easy as possible for everyone (including those who may not be fluent in English).

Dude you rock, thanks!  I'm fluent in English, just not fluent in simming yet lol.

I'd love to learn simmlish as a second language as an aside btw lol :P

Cant wait to try this!

Edit:  

So, I voted... But take mine with a grain of salt as I'm super new and dont know the iconic sims yet or how things go so well.

I'm interested in this mod that changes out of cold weather clothes when inside (I'd love to use scarves, hats, gloves etc) can the MCCC do this?  Or is it a separate mod?

Also for WW, along these lines, can we 'swap to sex clothes' like lingerie or some of the 'pants at the knees' kinda cc?

I think I'd personally prefer a CC-less version of this that I could modify with what I like.  As a new user, downloading tons of CC can become daunting although back in the day I heavily modded Oblivion and had it working wonderfully.   I suppose it'll just take time though.

3 hours ago, merctime said:

I'd love to learn simmlish as a second language as an aside btw lol :P

So, I voted... But take mine with a grain of salt as I'm super new and dont know the iconic sims yet or how things go so well.

I'm interested in this mod that changes out of cold weather clothes when inside (I'd love to use scarves, hats, gloves etc) can the MCCC do this?  Or is it a separate mod?

Good luck learning Simmlish! Let me know some of the things sims say, if you do.? All votes are anonymous, so yours counts just as much as anyone's. As of now, MCCC does not have this function, but there are a few mods out there that do this. I won't link any because my mods are heavily outdated (I've been concentrating on this project, and have no mods installed except MCCC when adding outfits).

3 hours ago, merctime said:

I think I'd personally prefer a CC-less version of this that I could modify with what I like.  As a new user, downloading tons of CC can become daunting although back in the day I heavily modded Oblivion and had it working wonderfully.   I suppose it'll just take time though.

That's very smart. The CC version is great IMO, but as a new user the smartest thing you can do is take it slow. I can tell you from experience that it's incredibly easy to download over 9,000 pieces of CC (not including game mods), because everything looks amazing. A couple months later, it's hours of headache trying to sort through all the stuff you no longer like. Similarly with game mods; It's best to learn the vanilla game first, so you know exactly how everything works, and how exactly you want it modded. Slow and steady is your friend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled upon this.....and I fricking love the idea.

I can contribute heavily to this as I love *ahem* dressing up my sims in different combos of stuff.  I also have a shitload of custom clothing especially from some now defunct creators such as All About Style for one (clothing separates she made are still some of my favorite and great in sex scenes :P).

• 3 weeks later...

I guess you might still be looking for Maxis match clothing for the CC version (and in general) of this. Looking for new male CC and such when working on my makeover of the Caliente household I found a couple of clothing fan packs that might  be of use to you.

https://mycepzid.blogspot.com/2019/08/party-clothes-fanmade-stuff-pack-by.html

https://wyattssims.tumblr.com/post/167960298201/winter-wear-stuff-a-fanmade-pack-by-wyattssims

https://golyhawhaw.com/post/186409737179/my-first-ever-clothing-released-nice-a-new

I'm also generally happy with the outfits I put together for Don Lothario and the Calientes so you might want to check those out as well :)

14 hours ago, mrrakkonn said:

I guess you might still be looking for Maxis match clothing for the CC version (and in general) of this. Looking for new male CC and such when working on my makeover of the Caliente household I found a couple of clothing fan packs that might  be of use to you.

https://mycepzid.blogspot.com/2019/08/party-clothes-fanmade-stuff-pack-by.html

https://wyattssims.tumblr.com/post/167960298201/winter-wear-stuff-a-fanmade-pack-by-wyattssims

https://golyhawhaw.com/post/186409737179/my-first-ever-clothing-released-nice-a-new

I'm also generally happy with the outfits I put together for Don Lothario and the Calientes so you might want to check those out as well :)

Thanks, this is very useful, and thanks for sharing your outfits with the project. I agree, your outfits are very well put together.? I haven't posted an update since July 31. Unfortunately I've been busy, and am even busier this month, I hope to have something worth posting soon. Progress has been slow, but maybe by the end of the month, or the beginning of the next.

• 2 months later...

!! NEWS UPDATE !!

NAME CHANGE

The "Sims CAN Dress Themselves" mod will be renamed to the "Fashion Police" mod. The name change will take effect starting January 2020.

LEGACY EDITION COMPATIBILITY

Users of the Legacy Edition (LE) will have their version of the game basically frozen as-is. They will be affected in several ways, including;

• LE users will not receive any future updates or patches. We can assume that means any current bugs will not be fixed either.
  • LE users will not be able to purchase any new content (released after "Realm of Magic").
  • LE users will no longer have access to online features such as the Gallery.
  • As mods are updated, they will eventually stop working, unless the creator somehow makes a separate version for LE users.

I would recommend keeping a copy of all working mods somewhere secure. I cannot make any promises regarding MCCC. However, future updates of this mod WILL continue to work for LE users. The only stipulation is that outfits using newer packs will be broken. I will provide a filtered version of the CFG file for LE users, which only contains the relevant packs (those prior to "Discover University").

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wanted to pass along a warning from Deaderpool's Discord;

When we first encountered CN's "creations," we from the Support Team decided that to be fair, we would give @everyone caught with his non-consensual mods a "second chance" to redeem themselves by removing said mods. Since that time, we have added numerous warnings throughout the server, that we would in no way, shape, or form support any of his creations. This included numerous pings, warnings when you joined, explicit rules laid out in #server_info, and, unfortunately, near-daily reminders in the support channels in the form of bot posts. This changes now. After repeated warnings, we have decided as a Team, with the backing of our Admins, that our numerous warnings have been heretofore ineffective. Because of this, effective immediately, all of CN's content, including Community Library and any mods which may depend upon it, may lead to an immediate ban, no questions asked. We have tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, how hard is it to know what's in your /Mods folder? You should always be cognizant of what you download and we've honestly grown exhausted of the mediocre excuses given to us for why they had banned mods we had very clearly given advanced warning about. Consider this your last warning. We the Support Team thank you for your consideration.