Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Guest ffabris
On 10/26/2021 at 4:51 PM, jaeos said:

Sounds like ABMM (arousal based match maker) But you don't have it. One you do have is sextalk. look in there you may be able to edit the phrases. (i dunno, just throwing a guess out there) @ffabris Is one of the lines in your mod referenced in post 7989?

Could be... I don't remember, it has been too long.

I have been using OBIS for a while. Since I love fighting bandits, I really like it. In practice, it has not given me many issues. I know a lot of people say it has problems, but it has been OK for me.

I did run into a single bandit that wasn't hostile the other day. Weird. Tried to make her a follower to see what would happen, but she was pretty broken. I somehow got her back to her bandit camp and left her there. She is probably still standing there. I felt kinda bad. Maybe I should send her a pizza.

I would be interested in any advice for patches, complementary mods, and such. For OBIS I am using patches for face mask, missives and Headhunter, and noticeboard.

Edited by trgdolors

Well you all could either be the odd man out where OBIS does not generate any problems at all or it improved its coding over the years I will give you that.

My oldrim experience with it was horrible in the end. Small errors that did not seem important cascaded and made savegames a huge blob of crap later on that I had to abandon because even with a good saveclean you could not get rid of it.

Using OBIS as a starting point and building mods around it did not work out either, a suprisingly large amount of mods did not play nice with it (i.e. avoided the error cascade from the start) and even when I thought I finally had a working build that seemed stable the cascade just started later. And I was this close to actually finishing the game that time!

Not to mention that adding obis on top of this carefully curated list feels like you all are improving a nice oil painting with a bunch of crayons. ?

Now if you excuse me I need to find some brainbleach to erase those particular six months of modding oldrim again.

i've only dealt with 2 patrols and one "area" of bandits, so far they are not as pushover as the original bandits or as brutal as survival mode in a tutu.. ? as far as errors, if they creep in, this play through isn't a "i wanna kill the dragons" so if it crashes, it crashes. I'm just seeing how far i can launch bandits with telekinesis, while using vampiric drain. 

To anyone interested it seems that the creator from Deadly Wenches is FINALLY going to update the mod to give more balance options and work better with other overhaul mods like Highpoly and OBIS, tho its ofc still on WIP

Even a horny ass like myself got tired of getting stunlocked and oneshotted like this was morrowind so if he finally got them nerfed i may come back to them.

Btw, im dabbing into merging ESPs (Only outfits) but what no one seems to mention is what is the number limit? Like i have around 30 outfits mods (in practice way less since half of those are stuff like pendants, gloves, the other half are full on outfits) can i just merge all of those 30 into 1? or theres a limit like "you cant merge more than 4 into a single esp or your soul gets eaten by Nyarlatoteph"    do you guys know this one? Also i guess theres no issue on merging esps as long as theres some other patch/mod that needs that one ESP since they basically dissapear from your mod list (thats the idea right? to save ESP spaces)
_____

Side note, does anyone know why Aylis removed Breast Weight Painted Hair from the guide? i cant find the reason using the search (just checking in case it causes issues and i should not use it)

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
6 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

@Aylisand everyone have you guys tried out eFPS, and if so what are your thoughts, any considerations, or warnings?

I am using it and I have to say the mod is doing what it's advertising. You could gain 5-10 fps in towns. Since this mod list only use one town overhaul, i.e JK skyrim, you can use eFPS without problem with patch.

I can't imagine needing to merge that many mods unless you're really deviating from Aylis's list entirely. I think the only things that should be merged are what the guide explicitly tells you to, and maybe new updates from mods like EmbersXD that either tell you to or list themselves as just an update and not a full release. Lately with the updates to the list, the number of ESPs has even gone down.

6 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

I am using it and I have to say the mod is doing what it's advertising. You could gain 5-10 fps in towns. Since this mod list only use one town overhaul, i.e JK skyrim, you can use eFPS without problem with patch.

This mod (eFPS) came up briefly several pages ago. At that time I decided to wait to use it till it matured a little and received more patches. It has since been through some versions and more patches so, with this encouragement, maybe its time to give it a spin. Thanks, @ascendentkunglaoand @akadeadpool.

Also, while we are waiting for the next update to this guide (take your time @Aylis!) has anyone tried Faster HDT-SMP yet? It is getting some attention. It claims to be a performance upgrade for HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics). I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

15 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Btw, im dabbing into merging ESPs (Only outfits) but what no one seems to mention is what is the number limit? Like i have around 30 outfits mods (in practice way less since half of those are stuff like pendants, gloves, the other half are full on outfits) can i just merge all of those 30 into 1? or theres a limit like "you cant merge more than 4 into a single esp or your soul gets eaten by Nyarlatoteph"    do you guys know this one? Also i guess theres no issue on merging esps as long as theres some other patch/mod that needs that one ESP since they basically dissapear from your mod list (thats the idea right? to save ESP spaces)
_____

Side note, does anyone know why Aylis removed Breast Weight Painted Hair from the guide? i cant find the reason using the search (just checking in case it causes issues and i should not use it)

There is a limit to the number of records in a esp, but it is in the 100 of thousands, I routinely merge 40-50 armor mods into one esp (not those that are big packs to start with), only thing that can get a bit of a problem is that the file size can reach the multi gb for each merge, and if there are scripts included in them, usually for adding to level lists etc, your merge has to be done correctly for those scripts to be recompiled for the new merge.  If you want a way of finding out if the merge is too big, try loading the esp into the ck, it will scream and complain if it is too big, usually with some sort of error message about truncating things in the esp, even then chances are it will still work, just the ck does not like it.

@yeah758 But I'm only and ONLY doing this to merge outfits/accessories. No patches, quests or anything like that, it's just outfits... It's still not recommended?

@wollboiin the armor section of the guide it says to add there our personal armors, o use quite a bit of them (and most of it are not even armors but accessories like shoes, wigs, etc) it's just that the amount it's a bit high.. That's why I'm going to merge

@Varithina oh so it duplicate the file size? It should be fine but yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do and merge a bunch of armor mods, it's safe on your experience right? I even avoided stuff like heels sounds patches and none of them require extra stuff, they are just normal armor mods

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

@yeah758 But I'm only and ONLY doing this to merge outfits/accessories. No patches, quests or anything like that, it's just outfits... It's still not recommended?

@wollboiin the armor section of the guide it says to add there our personal armors, o use quite a bit of them (and most of it are not even armors but accessories like shoes, wigs, etc) it's just that the amount it's a bit high.. That's why I'm going to merge

@Varithina oh so it duplicate the file size? It should be fine but yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do and merge a bunch of armor mods, it's safe on your experience right? I even avoided stuff like heels sounds patches and none of them require extra stuff, they are just normal armor mods

Gear (armor, weapons, accessories, etc.) is certainly less of a problem to merge than gameplay stuff. The point is do you need it?

If they're no packs like TAWOBA, Tera or Ninirim most armor mods are ESP-FE anyway and don't take a slot in your load order.

Let's say you have 200 load slots in use and are running 20 armor mods that are ESP-FE. Now you merge those 20 armors

Best case you have no 200 slots and one extra for armor as ESP-FE. Worse case you merge is so big you can't flag it as ESP-FE anymore

and end up 201 used slots.

Also merging mods makes uninstalling more complicated. You merge 20 armor mods and now you decide you don't like 2 of the anymore.

You basically have to redo your merge with the 18 other armors, know where the other files (meshes, textures, bodyslide files) of the two are

and delete them by hand. Hope you still got your 18 ESPs backed up.

How many of your armor mods are not flagged as ESL? Before merging them have you tried flagging them yourself?

If you want to merge (why?) take a look at NPC overhauls. I'm running the complete Pandorable series and merged those. They were not flagged so I ended up freeing 4 or 5 slots.

6 hours ago, Numa_Cway said:

Gear (armor, weapons, accessories, etc.) is certainly less of a problem to merge than gameplay stuff. The point is do you need it?

If they're no packs like TAWOBA, Tera or Ninirim most armor mods are ESP-FE anyway and don't take a slot in your load order.

Let's say you have 200 load slots in use and are running 20 armor mods that are ESP-FE. Now you merge those 20 armors

Best case you have no 200 slots and one extra for armor as ESP-FE. Worse case you merge is so big you can't flag it as ESP-FE anymore

and end up 201 used slots.

Also merging mods makes uninstalling more complicated. You merge 20 armor mods and now you decide you don't like 2 of the anymore.

You basically have to redo your merge with the 18 other armors, know where the other files (meshes, textures, bodyslide files) of the two are

and delete them by hand. Hope you still got your 18 ESPs backed up.

How many of your armor mods are not flagged as ESL? Before merging them have you tried flagging them yourself?

If you want to merge (why?) take a look at NPC overhauls. I'm running the complete Pandorable series and merged those. They were not flagged so I ended up freeing 4 or 5 slots.

Funny enough i do use TAWOBA (remastered) but its a bit tricky to set up paired with other replacers like C7 Remodeled and what not, so i will not touch it.

Yup, since some of those are made by artist that know borderline nothing about modding but know about 3D stuff and well, art. Some of them are ESP already tagged as ESL but others (around 12) are not, those are the ones that i do need to merge, not just because i need but rather that i want to learn how to do stuff like this.

About uninstalling, cant i just uninstall the related mods and simply install them again? Like lets say i merge 3 armor mods and dont like 1 of those, i can just uninstall all 3 and reinstall the two i want, then merge them again, it would reset all files related to them as far as i understand of this stuff..right?

Im a complete newbie in this regard, im still watching videos on it

For now im just testing the ground since i dont want to break anything, is part of the reason im going ahead with this, because i want to learn, so for now outfits then npcs (maybe?)

13 hours ago, yeah758 said:

@Varithina I was wondering why you used the word recompiled. I was looking at Champollion, the decompiler mod, on Nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35307/?tab=posts and there is a post by a person named Vlad254 on 04 August 19 that talks about using a "merge plug in tool" that requires Champollion and merges and recompiles scripts for a merge.  Are you using a different merge tool for SE than the Zmerge feature of Zedit?  

Yes I use this standalone program though it seems to have been removed, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/69905

It was called merge plugins, it would work for all of the various elder scrolls games as well as fallout 3/nv and 4, though it had to be configured separately for each game.

And when configured correctly, it would unpack BSA, re-compile scripts to take into account the new merge and file names and such, as well as re-build a new BSA if you choose those options and had the required tools installed.

10 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

oh so it duplicate the file size? It should be fine but yeah that's exactly what I'm going to do and merge a bunch of armor mods, it's safe on your experience right? I even avoided stuff like heels sounds patches and none of them require extra stuff, they are just normal armor mods

Including heels sound patches is perfectly alright, as all they do is change the footsteps sounds to use different one, all it means is that the heelssound esm is a master file for your merge in addition to any others, if you are only intending to make one massive merge then it could be worth include the heelsound.esm in the archive but not as part of the merge, so when you install the merge everything gets installed, though I do tend to vanillerize armor mods as they sometimes have odd as hell materials keywords on them, something like them being iron armor, even though their values are more closer to ebony or daedric, I will use the wiki showing the vanilla armor values as well as what materials they use for different items and change the materials keywords as well as weights, cost etc to better match with vanilla, tedious as hell to do, but if you use something like lootification or halgens rpg loot patchers to add enchanted versions to the level lists those keywords matter, after all last thing you want is something that has the stats and cost of deadric being used by a level one bandit because it has the iron armor material keyword attached.

39 minutes ago, Varithina said:

Including heels sound patches is perfectly alright, as all they do is change the footsteps sounds to use different one, all it means is that the heelssound esm is a master file for your merge in addition to any others, if you are only intending to make one massive merge then it could be worth include the heelsound.esm in the archive but not as part of the merge, so when you install the merge everything gets installed, though I do tend to vanillerize armor mods as they sometimes have odd as hell materials keywords on them, something like them being iron armor, even though their values are more closer to ebony or daedric, I will use the wiki showing the vanilla armor values as well as what materials they use for different items and change the materials keywords as well as weights, cost etc to better match with vanilla, tedious as hell to do, but if you use something like lootification or halgens rpg loot patchers to add enchanted versions to the level lists those keywords matter, after all last thing you want is something that has the stats and cost of deadric being used by a level one bandit because it has the iron armor material keyword attached.

Oh in that case i should reinstall some and activate the heal sound option. 

I actually already know how to change keywords and manually did that a few times as a learning way, its just as you say, i also prefer to put some light armors as clothing and some clothing as light armor because comeon, a big fur jacket its going to make nothing to stop a 13Kg hammer.    

as a last question, even if a pluging is already Esm (or esp flagged as ESL) i can merge them as normal right? Like i get that theres no point if they already dont take a space on the load order but just for curiosity it could be done right? 

As for installing eFPS, the description page recommends to install on a new game. However; that was written when the mod was new. The posts section of the main mod has been disabled. The eFPS - Official Patch Hub (wow, a lot of stuff is now compatible!) doesn't really address whether the mod can be installed on an existing save.

Has anyone installed a more recent version of eFPS on an existing game? Opinions?

Hi, I'm new to modding. First of all thank you Aylis  for your awesome mod list. It helps so many beginners like me immensely. I followed your guide with some additions of the tweaks picked up from The Phoenix Guide and a few extra SL mods for my own personal taste and fetish. Everything is running so smoothly with no ctd so far (I'm about 4 hours in the game). However, the sexlab scenes start quite slow. For example when defeat starts, the character is knocked down and failed to resist, it would take about 10-15s before the animation actually starts. Even the M map lags for a few seconds.

I tried googling and I found people who has the same issues as I either have a corrupted save or have too many script heavy mods. I think in my case it's probably the latter, or something else, since it's a brand new save in the Alternate Live cell at the beginning. However I've heard people with 600-1,000 mods active and their game's still stable, so I'm a bit lost.

Could somebody please take a look at my load order and and let me know what changes I should make to lighten up my game?

https://paste.ee/p/jRhfr

Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, sweetrollskiwi said:

Hi, I'm new to modding. First of all thank you Aylis  for your awesome mod list. It helps so many beginners like me immensely. I followed your guide with some additions of the tweaks picked up from The Phoenix Guide and a few extra SL mods for my own personal taste and fetish. Everything is running so smoothly with no ctd so far (I'm about 4 hours in the game). However, the sexlab scenes start quite slow. For example when defeat starts, the character is knocked down and failed to resist, it would take about 10-15s before the animation actually starts. Even the M map lags for a few seconds.

I tried googling and I found people who has the same issues as I either have a corrupted save or have too many script heavy mods. I think in my case it's probably the latter, or something else, since it's a brand new save in the Alternate Live cell at the beginning. However I've heard people with 600-1,000 mods active and their game's still stable, so I'm a bit lost.

Could somebody please take a look at my load order and and let me know what changes I should make to lighten up my game?

https://paste.ee/p/jRhfr

Thank you very much!

Use Fallrims ReSaver to review your saves and see if the active script or suspended stack sections has hundreds of scripts running.   

The more animation in the Sexlab library the longer it takes to filter for the more "accurate" animation based on requested mod tags.  

Some mods that request sexlab animation do extra checks that takes time.   Try disabling debug features in Skyrim and sexlab to gain a little bit of performance.  Mods that write to logs or console add overhead to papyrus.

Note that Sexlab defeat is slow because depends entirely on papyrus vm performance, Skyrim give resource priority to combat.  The more current SL defeat is the baka edition, it still has lag between sexlab request and the animation init.   

You could also try Osmelmc's SexLab Utility Plus and it various tweaks, fixes, and add-ons.  There's a version for SL1.62 and SL1.63beta8 and beta9.  

Spoiler

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++ SexLab Utility Plus +++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Mod Description:

The main intention is Fix small issues left behind in "SexLab Framework v1.62" like the Actor Alignment, and put together other's fixes and patches make by different Authors on few Mod's already existing.

This mod also:

Include optionals filters to correct animations to be compatible with "ZaZAnimationPack" and "Devious Devices - Assets" devices, solving the compatibility problem between ZaZ and DDI; enteraly compatible with the ZaZ and DDI animation system and work better together improve the response time but not required.

Include option to allow Actors to find a hidden place to have sex.

Enhance the SortActors functions to sort the actors or creatures positions based on the current animation positions.

Can handle Futa actors and Futa tagged animations filtering the animations and placing the futa actors on the correct actor position.

Include optionals filters to correct animations gender positions and prevent Male x Male Vaginal.

Include option to strip chance % for each individual items on "Strip Editor" (bigger the % value --> bigger the chance of ged striped)

Include Animation Cache and others changes taken from the SexLab SE 1.63 Beta 9.

Increase the max animations count for the "Extra" version to 1250. thanks to Swe-DivX (For more capacity check his mod)

Include option to incorporate furniture detection like chair or torture devices on "Extra" version. To prevent animation out of context and actor find the close match furniture to use as reference point. to start the animation (recommended remove furniture animation objects files from animations or install animations without the Furniture objects to prevent furniture cliping)

Spoiler

Edited by safado