Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

7 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Can anyone confirm if "aWassI.esp" is in their load order and what it comes from?  I'm getting a missing esp upon loading a save and it's calling my save corrupt. -.-...fuck I don't want to start again. 

By now you've prob'y solved this, but for others: you can find a plugins origin mod by hovering the mouse over it in the right pane.

@Jessica_Degurechaff As @Tops34 said, only deleting the mod will affect the original Profile.  You can deactivate and move it all you want and the original profile won't change.  It's a good idea to create profile and LO backups though (buttons above each pane).

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Temphyx

Got no issues with that LO. As long as 'Wrye Bash' doesn't complain or automatically move the ESL, they should be fine where they are right now.

No, I understand completely, and I wouldn't move them either if it was just me.  But things do work fine in the prescribed order and since beginners are constantly reminded to match up their LO, I thought you might want to at least make the screenshot agree.  It was just an fyi post not a suggestion.

54 minutes ago, Temphyx said:

By now you've prob'y solved this, but for others: you can find a plugins origin mod by hovering the mouse over it in the right pane.

To add to that: You can RightClick on the ESP and get the info of the origin mod (if its from nexus or has the metadata embed)

@Aylis Sorry if this was asked before, but do you plan to use the collection-Mod system from nexus, maybe use them in some way on this guide? what are you your thoughts on it?

I personally cant wait to use them.

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
On 10/16/2021 at 2:57 AM, alaunus01 said:

For example I mathed the vram usage numbers a couple revisions ago, if you went ahead and downloaded the highest resolution textures whenever available you could end up with 12gb vram usage right of the bat.

What information do you plug in to that calculation?

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Sorry if this was asked before, but do you plan to use the collection-Mod system from nexus, maybe use them in some way on this guide? what are you your thoughts on it?

It's the same answer as for Wabbajack. A resounding 'Will NOT happen'!

1. They ignore the wishes of the OA.

2. I have several mods included that were on Nexus but the OA removed them there.

3. Their handling of OA is often enough at least 'questionable'.

4. I'm not interested in the squabbling there. Just check Aldamar - Druid Mushroom Home

5. And lastly Nexus refuses all payment methods i have available so i wouldn't even be able to use my own creation.

1 hour ago, axz2 said:

What information do you plug in to that calculation?

You make sure you picked consistent texture sizes on your install then check what your actual vram usage is. That is your baseline.

Then you napkin math it. Going a texture size up roughly doubles the size but because GPUs use fairly good compression that does not equal that your vram usage doubles too. Depending on the game vram usage can go up anywhere from 50% to 70% (at least I haven't seen anything worse than 70% yet).

So if your 1k textures install uses 4gb of vram:

2k textures => 6gb

4k textures => 9gb

8k textures => 13.5gb

And yes I know those numbers are not accurate, it's napkin math after all.

16 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff I used to have that issue with controllers, but don't anymore. What controller are you using? I think I had the issue more with the PS4 controller (and a host of other problems). Xbox One/Series X controller works fine for me.

Funny enough, an xbox one controller. but the Dualshock dont have this issue (but i cant stand the PS controller, learn some ergonomics, sony, its 2021)

16 hours ago, Aylis said:

It's the same answer as for Wabbajack. A resounding 'Will NOT happen'!

1. They ignore the wishes of the OA.

2. I have several mods included that were on Nexus but the OA removed them there.

3. Their handling of OA is often enough at least 'questionable'.

4. I'm not interested in the squabbling there. Just check Aldamar - Druid Mushroom Home

5. And lastly Nexus refuses all payment methods i have available so i wouldn't even be able to use my own creation.

Mh, yeah, i expected you would not use it for the same reasons as to Wabbajack. 
I will not get into any drama (because i dont agree with most of what people say about Nexus.. and its pretty pointless too) so i just want to point out 1 things:

Free users can still use modlists, they would just need to click download each mod (like Wabb), premiums just hit download and thats it. ..or i just did not get what you meant

Also, this is something that may fit into the list https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57196

Btw its just me or one of the tracks from the new music added by the guide is a bit too tense? it feels like im playing bloodborne even if nothing is happening, but i cant find what track it is . F

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff

Thanks for this modlist/tutorial!

Have been using an old version of it for the last play through and just updatet everything for my next play through.

But I ran into a small issue, I updated Wrye Bash to the newest release (309.1) and now it doesn't deactivate the merged plugins anymore. Is that correct? I found some sources online which stated that this is normal and others which said that it isn't.

I am confusion. Hope somebody can help me out!

@kle500

Not sure what you mean. We want the mods included in the patch, so why should some be deactivated?

Finally got it.

Instead of using a sledgehammer to make it fit a gentler approach would have saved me the headache of the last five days... Sometimes taking a step back and looking at the whole picture does help. Especially when you got stuck and are running out of ideas how to fix a problem.

Spoiler

All errors are gone now

ScreenShot1681.jpg.c4ea9166c1d3dc27e1bbb7378989ba71.jpg

Now i only have to recheck the roads and ice floes. Then i can concentrate on the different config files.

Edited by Aylis
1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Not sure what you mean. We want the mods included in the patch, so why should some be deactivated?

In the past, after I created a bashed patch, all plugins which are contained in the bashed patch have been automatically deactivated by Wrye Bash. Maybe that was some kind of user error on my end.

Just to confirm, Wrye Bash should not deactivate the plugins in the load order which are included in its bashed patch?

On 10/16/2021 at 4:22 PM, Apollonir said:

I realized that I forgot another error: "FM+: Error _JSW_BB_Utility script is being overwritten by either a loose file or another mod! This patch cannot function properly!" As well as "The 'Fertility Mode - RSChildren.esp' patch from fertility mode serves no purpose and will conflict. Please exit the game and uninstall the 'Fertility Mode - RSChildren ' patch." I followed the instructions for this latter error, but I'm unsure if this error should even be appearing.

It seems that I always crash right before getting to Helgen if Alternate Start (LAL) is disabled, and I crash immediately if it's enabled. I also found that the character customizer room sometimes begins to render before this crash.

Seeing as the carriage ride is safe from crashes but the character customizer and Helgen aren't, one of the only things I can think the former doesn't have that the latter two do is female characters, so maybe an issue with all female models (hair, animations, etc) or some sexlab thing. I'll try deactivating some of these next, but any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed FM+ probably refers to Fertility Mode... That's the next place I'll look!

Realized I had hentai pregnancy installed for some reason, but after removing it and putting the patches back in the right order, the FM+ errors are still there (and I could find no other mods that might be overriding the Fertility mode patch yet) and on top of that, the camera in the Helgen carriage ride is stuck in the driver's head and now crashes happens much sooner than before. 

Once again, does anyone have a clue of what could be causing any of these three issues? (FM+ errors, camera in driver's face, crash after a few seconds) Are any or all of them likely related?

At this rate I might just give up on trying to get these mods working. No disrespect to the mod creators or Aylis of course, as this pack clearly works for other people. It's just that I've spent weeks working on this in my free time and I can't tell if I'm any closer to actually playing the game.

Screenshot 2021-10-18 175935.jpg

Edited by Apollonir
On 10/13/2021 at 5:37 AM, Aylis said:

'Cause i removed the ini from the guide!

That ini is for DynDOLOD 2!

Not anymore. That mod is already for DynDOLOD 3.

Make a guess why i already had four more reruns of DynDOLOD...

I'm working on it, but i can't make the creation of the files faster.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rush. I was just wondering if it had been mentioned before. My bad for not reading the thread thoroughly before asking.

Had anyone had any stable run with Creatures and MNC? I was searching and I think Aylis said they caused some problems for this list, so I haven't had it added but I'm hoping that if there's someone who's had successful runs with it, could you give me some pointers? Thank you!

On 10/11/2021 at 11:07 PM, wollboi said:

@FlufyFox Make you sure you have the correct FNIS Creature Framework (the one for SE, not LE). Before you run FNIS, make sure to click the middle button "De-Install Creatures". Despite being humanoid creatures, Draugr have done what you are describing for me and this fixed it.

@Jessica_Degurechaff It's-a me, Mario. I need to make a better one though, maybe the next time I run FNIS/Nemesis. I use the IS/Odin one. It probably doesn't matter either way.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but wouldn't De-install Creatures mean I won't be able to use Creature animations on SL anymore?

(Sorry for double posting, I can't edit my post yet)

@Apollonir

On 10/15/2021 at 2:56 AM, Aylis said:

1. Bigger pictures belong into spoilers.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:36 AM, Aylis said:

1. Bigger pics still belong into spoilers.

Make a guess what my comment on the big picture is...

1. The standard start is very sensitive to mods.

2. You're running at least 60 unconfigured mods. This simply can't work with the normal start... Especially with all the scripts that fire up at the same time.

3. You added mods on top of whats in the guide. How about running a test with the mods in the guide first and, when this works, add the additional mods you want to include. Just throwing everything in will usually only backfire.

4. Immediate crashes usually are a missing master, accidently using a mod for LE or a broken mesh in the area.

19 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Apollonir

Make a guess what my comment on the big picture is...

1. The standard start is very sensitive to mods.

2. You're running at least 60 unconfigured mods. This simply can't work with the normal start... Especially with all the scripts that fire up at the same time.

3. You added mods on top of whats in the guide. How about running a test with the mods in the guide first and, when this works, add the additional mods you want to include. Just throwing everything in will usually only backfire.

4. Immediate crashes usually are a missing master, accidently using a mod for LE or a broken mesh in the area.

(Sorry about the image, it wasn’t very helpful anyway so I just deleted it)

I’ve only been using the standard start so far because it’s the only way I’ve gotten anything to load, most importantly (or so I thought) a few error messages. Knowing that it’s sensitive to mods though, I’ll be sure to swap back to LAL.

I guess I didn’t make it clear in my post, but the last thing I did was remove the handful of extra mods I installed. I’ll do another once-over of my mod list to make sure I didn’t miss any.

I also didn’t get any warnings of missing masters when building my bashed patch, so I doubt that’s the problem…unless that doesn’t catch everything? I’m also pretty sure the only LE mods I have are the ones on the mod list, but again, I’ll go through my load order one-by-one and compare it to your list to make sure when I have a spare hour tomorrow.

And thanks for the reply! Even if it hasn’t worked for me yet, I appreciate the time you’ve put into this project and to helping plebs like me figure it out.

4 hours ago, buxxuc30 said:

[...]

Had anyone had any stable run with Creatures and MNC? I was searching and I think Aylis said they caused some problems for this list, so I haven't had it added but I'm hoping that if there's someone who's had successful runs with it, could you give me some pointers? Thank you!

That is a fickle one to set up. Already was in oldrim and has not gotten any better with SE. I mean there are like two or three creature framework 'conversions' into SE alone that all claim this version is the working one and the others have the issues.

Here is what you can do to limit bad surprises. Make sure to disable as many creature types in the mcm as possible and only leave the categories enabled you really want. You cannot imagine how many stupid CTDs I had because CF&MNC did not play nice with <insert texture upgrade here> not to mention that it does not neccessarily occur to you that your random CTD in the general area of bumfrakistan happens because a bear wanders into your cloakspell range.

Even with limiting what you actually replace it still will be trial and error.

And once you got it somewhat working it suddenly will stop doing so from one day to the other because the moon just went from ascending into retrograde.

1 hour ago, alaunus01 said:

That is a fickle one to set up. Already was in oldrim and has not gotten any better with SE. I mean there are like two or three creature framework 'conversions' into SE alone that all claim this version is the working one and the others have the issues.

Here is what you can do to limit bad surprises. Make sure to disable as many creature types in the mcm as possible and only leave the categories enabled you really want. You cannot imagine how many stupid CTDs I had because CF&MNC did not play nice with <insert texture upgrade here> not to mention that it does not neccessarily occur to you that your random CTD in the general area of bumfrakistan happens because a bear wanders into your cloakspell range.

Even with limiting what you actually replace it still will be trial and error.

And once you got it somewhat working it suddenly will stop doing so from one day to the other because the moon just went from ascending into retrograde.

Thank you for your answer! Wow that sounds like MNC and CF aren't really for a stable playthrough :(  I just want the Giant and probably Draugr or Falmer but sadly there's no separate mod for Humanoid Creatures.

@buxxuc30 It is not that unstable either. Just do what everybody else should do. Take your time building this modlist. Make a quick 'does it work' check every time you finish one of the categories (i.e. Foundation / SKSE extensions / UI). Then once you finalize this you make a larger spotcheck (visit all the cities at least).

Now you have a working install, and when you take a scenic walk around you probably have a good idea how your system is handling it. Does it still feel fluid? When your FPS goes down is the game still responsive or do you have stutters? How long are the loading screens? All this gives you a basic idea if you still have room to put mods on top of it. It would not be a good idea to add another script heavy mod when you are already seeing CPU stalls.

Anyway, make sure to save the current modlist and loadorder in MO2, and only then add 'unsupported' stuff to it. Most common mistake is to add too much stuff in too large chunks and then having to figure out which one of the dozen mods you added at the same time is the one fessing things up.

I absolutly love your mod list ! Just have to say again ? Thank you very much. So I played around with the LO... adding more and more overhauls only to loose FPS or something else. Looked great but yours is quite well balanced. 

What I do recommend highly though, is: Zangdar's LUX version of Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers !!! Your will never want to go back. 

Just ditch Luminosity and Windowshadows and install LUX where you do the fixes. (It comes with it's own meshes and more patches than Window Shadows and overwrites perfectly)

Replace the enb with Zangdar's version found in the download section of Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers. I recommend not to use his Reshade (super heavy). Instead I stuck with your old Reshade recommendations. And ... wow. I am still gawking when I switch to interiors.

2 hours ago, Kalthen said:

I absolutly love your mod list ! Just have to say again ? Thank you very much. So I played around with the LO... adding more and more overhauls only to loose FPS or something else. Looked great but yours is quite well balanced. 

What I do recommend highly though, is: Zangdar's LUX version of Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers !!! Your will never want to go back. 

Just ditch Luminosity and Windowshadows and install LUX where you do the fixes. (It comes with it's own meshes and more patches than Window Shadows and overwrites perfectly)

Replace the enb with Zangdar's version found in the download section of Rudy ENB for Cathedral Weathers. I recommend not to use his Reshade (super heavy). Instead I stuck with your old Reshade recommendations. And ... wow. I am still gawking when I switch to interiors.

You got any screenshots?