Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

2 hours ago, Alkzis said:

[...]

For example if i wanted ultra (the one best looking i guess? since i have a powerful pc)

[...]

Hold on a second there, I do not think you want to start with ultra, an intensely modded skyrim (which this guide certainly qualifies for) can strain even the best systems money currently can buy.

For example I mathed the vram usage numbers a couple revisions ago, if you went ahead and downloaded the highest resolution textures whenever available you could end up with 12gb vram usage right of the bat, enter a couple followers or other npcs that received a full makeover we are talking another additional 2 to 4 gb of vram each. You see how that escalates fast?

If you are confident with your system try optimal settings, ultra probably is something for screenarchers only.

1 hour ago, alaunus01 said:

Hold on a second there, I do not think you want to start with ultra, an intensely modded skyrim (which this guide certainly qualifies for) can strain even the best systems money currently can buy.

For example I mathed the vram usage numbers a couple revisions ago, if you went ahead and downloaded the highest resolution textures whenever available you could end up with 12gb vram usage right of the bat, enter a couple followers or other npcs that received a full makeover we are talking another additional 2 to 4 gb of vram each. You see how that escalates fast?

If you are confident with your system try optimal settings, ultra probably is something for screenarchers only.

I dont know he, but i do use the max textures of each mod, put the Config of dyndolod and texgen to almost the max, and reescale the game to 2k using Nvidia.. and well...

Spoiler

910170899_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_10.16-02_44_41_48.png.08a6d886b8cea31f5f12715ab6657292.png

Spoiler

image.png.2f2c4a2a2d2e95ebcc711b7abfb20403.png

(gpu usage goes up to like 80% while playing but i cant take a pic of task manager without tabing out because im lazy, the rest of stuff (ram cpu etc) remains almost the same)

You really understimate the power of the new GPUS, my CP2077 its directly the best thing i have seen in my life, and its heavily moded too (mostly gra´phics and fixes) yet it runs around 50 FPS only in real ectics parts drops to around 40. and its cp, its badly optimizated and buggy, console strained etc

And i have a 3070, i believe he haves a 3080 (im not her friend or anything, i just lurk here a lot) if anything i did used to have lag using this guide but it was because errors on my end with the way my RIG was configurated at the time.
____________________________________________________________________________________

That feel when you get everything right and done..but forgot to change the lighthing for the trees on Dyndolod and now they look off 

Spoiler

Gura Hololive Sticker - Gura Hololive Gawr Gura - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Pain and suffering

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

[...]i do use the max textures of each mod, put the Config of dyndolod and texgen to almost the max, and reescale the game to 2k using Nvidia.. and well...

[...]

And this might be the real reason why you sometimes run into odd performance stalls, not that your 8700k ain't cutting the mustard any more but that your gpu starts swapping textures out of its 8gb gddr6 vram into your regular ddr4 ram.

There is no fraking way you are staying below 8gb vram usage if you render this modlist in 1440p and use the largest texture packs, judging from the system ram screen you provided I would guesstimate it somewhere between 10-11gb, maybe even more depending how much immediately drops out of memory the second you tab out of skyrim. So yeah, 3080 is out too, only 10gb of gddr6x ?

5 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Mmmmmh... this thing (bug?) had happened to me since EVER, why? Do you guys have any clue? it only happens with certain presets (even when they ARE made with highpoly head) 

im 100% sure its just because whoever made the preset did it wrong or did not use HighPolyHead.. but why it also happends with premade vanilla faces? 

Its not really a concern, i just want to know about it.

Hide contents

image.png.acd95222e80da4285332cd1e18ba393a.png

As far as things to fix in my end i just have a single thing that is so jarring for me: Why do my PC walks so FAST? its so jarring

because you loaded a preset thats for a dunmer rather than a breton and it loaded that head part, go to the tab just to the right of race (should be 3-4 selections) and change your preset slot to reset back to a "breton" head

@Alkzis In rough order:

* I'd just leave DynDOLOD settings the way they are displayed in the picture. It looks great that way on a higher-end PC.

* You just drop the config file into the folder and replace it with the one that's already there. Right click No Grass in Objects, choose Open in Explorer.

* For the BDS patch, yes, you've done everything correctly. The pop-up you see is referenced by the author in a self-deprecating way. Just close it or click OK. If you see a million files listed in your Overwrite then it worked.

7 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

And this might be the real reason why you sometimes run into odd performance stalls, not that your 8700k ain't cutting the mustard any more but that your gpu starts swapping textures out of its 8gb gddr6 vram into your regular ddr4 ram.

There is no fraking way you are staying below 8gb vram usage if you render this modlist in 1440p and use the largest texture packs, judging from the system ram screen you provided I would guesstimate it somewhere between 10-11gb, maybe even more depending how much immediately drops out of memory the second you tab out of skyrim. So yeah, 3080 is out too, only 10gb of gddr6x ?

And on that pic i also had other games open (halo mcc, looking for a match). 
And as i said, i never have any drops in FPS, maybe 4-5 or max 10 in when real crazy stuff happens, but besides that i only HAD (Past) lag because i had a wack config on Nvidia because i thought i know what i was doing

I can record you a clip if ya want, it never goes more than 80% usage of my GPU, in a 2 hour playtime it lags once for 2 seconds and only in WhiteRun. 

..i have 32GB ram at 3400, its 2021, who would have a gaming pc and hace less than that? RAM is not as expensive anymore.
And i still cant get why you say that my game runs bad when literally the pic shows you its running at 59 FPS ?
I would not play at those configs if it didnt run good. 

4 hours ago, jaeos said:

because you loaded a preset thats for a dunmer rather than a breton and it loaded that head part, go to the tab just to the right of race (should be 3-4 selections) and change your preset slot to reset back to a "breton" head

It still does not work, but again it just happens with certain presets, most of the time they work flawlessly.

Btw, do you know what mod may be causing that my PC walks almost as if shes jogging? its so strange that she walks so fast, or at least it feels like she does

I have to share this. So week and half ago after game session I did a regular check for any new updates before turning in for the night. I did found updates so I have downloaded and installed them and most notably one of them was the new version of the scrambled bugs and I downloaded and installed I with its new requirment.t. Next day I was unable to start the game through MO2. So after trying literally anything I have decided to do a completely clean reinstall.

It took me over week to reinstall everything. And again running skse through MO2 resulted into instant crash. I have been literally tearing my hair when I had found that the culprit was in the new requirement of the scrambled bug. .NET5 runtime. Because I am playing on laptop I kept downloading the installer with laptop picture instead of the correct desktop one. I feel like a complete moron.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:44 PM, Apollonir said:

So I've been doing some mod activation/deactivation, and I've found That without "Alternate Start" (LAL) I can get something to render without crashing. I load in to the carriage, but with the camera inside of another guy's face. But after a few seconds, it crashes anyway. The messages in the upper left corner makes it to some things about SoS pubic hair beforehand. 

This leads me to believe that it isn't actually alternate start that's causing the crashes, but something else related to... maybe the player? I'll keep poking around to try and find the cause, but do any of you have a guess on what kind of mod might be causing this?

So just be rebuilding a couple patches I'm able to load in to the carriage sequence and make it through most of the opening dialogue, giving what seems like all of the mods time to initialize. However, the game crashes once once we get too close to Helgen. In addition, I'm getting this error on starting the new game:

1) FM+: Error _JSW_BB_Storage script is being overwritten by either a loose file or another mod! This patch cannot function properly!

I'm not familiar enough with this mod list yet to know what exactly this script is, or what kinds of things might be overwriting it. Any ideas what this might be, and what could be causing my crash?

Thanks again

Hi @Aylis, hope you're getting some much=needed rest,  None of this silliness is more important than being healthy, happy and finding real joy.

Whenever you get a chance, you may (or not) want to update the master plugin screenshot on p1 Installation.  Besides the issue Jessica noted with Fertility Mode.esm's intransigence, Vanilla Script MicroOptimizations.esl and Peacekeeper Armour.esl are out of place relative to their listed installation order. From the installation order, VSM should be be between USMP and AFofWV and Peacekeeper Armour should be above RSSkyrimChildren.esm

All the best, stay well -

7 minutes ago, Temphyx said:

hope you're getting some much=needed rest,  None of this silliness is more important than being healthy, happy and finding real joy.

...Besides the issue Jessica noted with Fertility Mode.esm's intransigence..

Bruh i already solved it, Aylis already answered and told us to deactivate the main mod while we run Lod and TexGen.. and i just wroted 2 messages about it, dont make me look like i was a pushy message spammer.   
No hard feelings, just saying 
EVn9GH5UMAEGMGz.png.6359405ba95ea41048f4af6e4d6a48fe.png

2 hours ago, Apollonir said:

So just be rebuilding a couple patches I'm able to load in to the carriage sequence and make it through most of the opening dialogue, giving what seems like all of the mods time to initialize. However, the game crashes once once we get too close to Helgen. In addition, I'm getting this error on starting the new game:

1) FM+: Error _JSW_BB_Storage script is being overwritten by either a loose file or another mod! This patch cannot function properly!

I'm not familiar enough with this mod list yet to know what exactly this script is, or what kinds of things might be overwriting it. Any ideas what this might be, and what could be causing my crash?

Thanks again

I realized that I forgot another error: "FM+: Error _JSW_BB_Utility script is being overwritten by either a loose file or another mod! This patch cannot function properly!" As well as "The 'Fertility Mode - RSChildren.esp' patch from fertility mode serves no purpose and will conflict. Please exit the game and uninstall the 'Fertility Mode - RSChildren ' patch." I followed the instructions for this latter error, but I'm unsure if this error should even be appearing.

It seems that I always crash right before getting to Helgen if Alternate Start (LAL) is disabled, and I crash immediately if it's enabled. I also found that the character customizer room sometimes begins to render before this crash.

Seeing as the carriage ride is safe from crashes but the character customizer and Helgen aren't, one of the only things I can think the former doesn't have that the latter two do is female characters, so maybe an issue with all female models (hair, animations, etc) or some sexlab thing. I'll try deactivating some of these next, but any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just noticed FM+ probably refers to Fertility Mode... That's the next place I'll look!

Edited by Apollonir
1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

No hard feelings, just saying 
EVn9GH5UMAEGMGz.png.6359405ba95ea41048f4af6e4d6a48fe.png

If you read my post as intended and expressed, I'm specifically excluding your issue.  No hard feelings, just sayin' and I've seen and said nothing to suggest that you could ever be considered a pushy message spammer.

56 minutes ago, Temphyx said:

If you read my post as intended and expressed, I'm specifically excluding your issue.  No hard feelings, just sayin' and I've seen and said nothing to suggest that you could ever be considered a pushy message spammer.

Oh, sorry, it flew over my head ?
On an unrelated note, do you (or anyone else) know how to make a copy of the profile of MO2? i want to make a copy of this installation to make a few edits (and some others large enough) and i dont wanna risk the actual installation, i will be removing mods and adding others so i dont wanna risk the "main" list. Yes i did google it, and asked on MO2 discord but i have no answers so far.

50 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

On an unrelated note, do you (or anyone else) know how to make a copy of the profile of MO2? i want to make a copy of this installation to make a few edits (and some others large enough) and i dont wanna risk the actual installation, i will be removing mods and adding others so i dont wanna risk the "main" list. Yes i did google it, and asked on MO2 discord but i have no answers so far.

Just click on Profile in the menu than you get the dialog shown in the image. Click on Copy, name it, close the dialog and choose the new profile.

You can also install MO2 as a portable instance and have more than one MO2-Folder on your drive.

mo2_profile.jpg

Edited by Tops34
56 minutes ago, Tops34 said:

Just click on Profile in the menu than you get the dialog shown in the image. Click on Copy, name it, close the dialog and choose the new profile.

You can also install MO2 as a portable instance and have more than one MO2-Folder on your drive.

But if i move a mod (uninstall for example) on the 2d profile, dont it would also get removed on the "main" profile?

22 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Can anyone confirm if "aWassI.esp" is in their load order and what it comes from?  I'm getting a missing esp upon loading a save and it's calling my save corrupt. -.-...fuck I don't want to start again. 

That mod dont match with my installation nor does ring any bell.

Have you checked if you have it in the Plugins list but just deactivated it?

1 hour ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Can anyone confirm if "aWassI.esp" is in their load order...

Havn't got that one.

@Temphyx

Got no issues with that LO. As long as 'Wrye Bash' doesn't complain or automatically move the ESL, they should be fine where they are right now.

I already modified a few mods. FM is on my list for that too, but i want to finish the textures i have to go through first...

@Apollonir

FM+ is the patch for 'Fertility Mode'. If you know what is overwriting FM+ you got the culprit.

Finally got the last 'almost right' texture. But i had to add a texture pack for the landscape and now i have to recheck where they don't really fit.

Spoiler

1756307217_SkyrimSE2021-10-1707-32-09.jpg.0ed9735deffa63f9223cb2fa7e6fdf65.jpg

Depending on that i have to rework my 'Texture Patch'. I just have to see how i get that as small as possible (aka testing different LO).

The new settings for the shadows work well. Maybe a bit too well as there's a (for me) noticable drop of FPS. If you got a better video card than me, then you might give it a shot. But remember this is unoptimized (although i might keep it as it is for high-end systems).

Skyrim modified inis - High-End.7z

Now a few new screenshots:

Spoiler

ScreenShot1674.jpg.afdb83b3683750367704993ee70bf519.jpg

ScreenShot1675.jpg.4b38591a5dd4d4c5c0778258a070865f.jpg

ScreenShot1676.jpg.4e3d4e61f590af318d63c857329f2242.jpg

ScreenShot1677.jpg.945bd0df26c9bb3b7310e7194db23389.jpg

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Finally got the last 'almost right' texture. But i had to add a texture pack for the landscape and now i have to recheck where they don't really fit.

Depending on that i have to rework my 'Texture Patch'. I just have to see how i get that as small as possible (aka testing different LO).

The new settings for the shadows work well. Maybe a bit too well as there's a (for me) noticable drop of FPS. If you got a better video card than me, then you might give it a shot. But remember this is unoptimized (although i might keep it as it is for high-end systems).

Skyrim modified inis - High-End.7z 3.08 kB · 0 downloads

Btw, when you are dropping the next update with that sweet sweet new mountains-rocks textures? (no pushing, just asking a tentative date so i reserve that day to modding)

Just tested it for around 50 mins running around places on the big world ( and around cities, did not enter much cells tho) but nothing really feels laggier, well, thats a lie, i did had some drops (from the 59 i used to have down to 50-48 for like 1 minute) around Whiterun, but if i stayed there for a while they ramped back to the normal levels. but given whiterun tendency to lag even in vanilla game i dont really see the issue.
Everywhere else it was as usual but looking better, on some places it even felt smoother

I also cant point out what exaclty looks better but it does look better, sharper? clearer? i dont know how to explain it.

3070RTX, 32RAM, i7-8700K and the game (and MO2) run on a ssd.

I would call it a success if you ask me, it looks better and 99% of the time it does not cause lag.

On 10/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Btw, when you are dropping the next update with that sweet sweet new mountains-rocks textures? (no pushing, just asking a tentative date so i reserve that day to modding)

Sorry, got no ETA yet. I still have to go through several dozen textures and several reruns of DynDOLOD.

What is finished is the way how i'm going to make the required patch and the new approach reduces its size drastically. The basic concept works too, its just the details that are so time-consuming and i want to get those right.

Update: Atm. it looks like those will be changed

Spoiler

Mods to remove

Spoiler

Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K                                            Not needed anymore

NSM - SMIM Patch                                                                        ''

Majestic Landscapes                                                                      ''

Improved Rock and Cliff Collision                                 Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience                                                                ''

RUSTIC AMULETS - Special Edition                               Gets replaced

ElSopa HD - Bonehawk Amulet SE                                           ''

Mods to add

Spoiler

This might still change!

Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions                                  Still testing

Solstheim - The Lost Levels                                           Still testing

Will definitely get added.

Skyland AIO                                                                   With its update it makes everything so much easier 

Misc. Blended Road Fixes                                              Fixes some smaller issues

3D Junipers - Trees and Berries                                     Better than the old ones

Cleaner Bridges

Holy Mountains (Majestic Mountains Addon)

Holy Mountains Cairn Rocks

Holy Mountains Tundra Rocks

Fluffy Snow                                                                    Seems to be the best solution

Fluffy Snow - Blended Roads Patch

Fluffy Snow for Majestic Mountains

Fluffy Snow Windhelm Bridge and Street Fix

HD Ants                                                                         Even the tiniest creature gets its own mod.

HD Ash Guardian

HD Ash Spawn

HD Bears                                                                        Forgot to add them in the last update

HD Dogs                                                                        More Husky (this replacer actually works)

HD Dogs - Barbas                                                          Required if you use the dog replacer

HD Spriggan                                                                  Could have sworn i already had them in the list ?

HD Amulets                                                                    Replaces two mods

Ancient Nord Pickaxe                                                     Optional replacer

Haze Lights - Torches and Magiclights only                  For our 'Nightwalkers' out there

Fill Her Up - Baka Edition Alternate Sounds

SL Drunk Redux                                                              An additional way to trigger sex

Textures Patch                                                                Update

Skyrim ini files                                                                Update (High End/Recommended) Does it need to be toned down/grass alone OK?

No Grass In Objects - Config                                         Update (High End/Recommended)

Edited by Aylis
3 hours ago, Aylis said:

Sorry, got no ETA yet. I still have to go through several dozen textures and several reruns of DynDOLOD.

What is finished is the way how i'm going to make the required patch and the new approach reduces its size drastically. The basic concept works too, its just the details that are so time-consuming and i want to get those right.

Fill Her Up - Baka Edition Alternate Sounds

Nothing like saying "nah i can ignore it" and then you cant stop thinking about that 3 CM thingy that its not quite right, it eats your mind all the time.. yeah i know that feel, better to get it right from the start in one go.

_____

I have never heard anything like those "Damee, Muzukashi, Yada" the author speaks of, and i have been using that mod since quite some time ago (early patreon from baka), thats weird. 

_______

Also, this is a life saver for people like me who have a Controler plugged but each time they open skyrim they have to manually unplug it (and sometimes close and open the game)

Auto Input Switch, theres other mods that try to do the same but all of them also add useless clutter or work half the time, this one is by far the best.

Also Dear Diary  fits like a glove to add inmersion, and it also cuts down a few other mods (since it includes them), im rather surpriced you have not added it yet since it conflicts with nothing.