Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 10/14/2021 at 9:20 AM, akadeadpool said:

Mans, it feels terrible when Beth breaks the modding community again with AE. Worse, AE doesn't seems to add anything significant like LE to SE.

I assume by going from the Visual Studio 2015 to 2019 compiler, it might (?) help the game run smoother? Idk. Honestly, a part of me feels like Beth is fucking with modders, but, at the same time, updating to the 2019 compiler might give the game a longer overall life. 

As for adding things, apparently, some of the CC content might be given away for free when you buy AE?

9 minutes ago, asebw said:

[...]As for adding things, apparently, some of the CC content might be given away for free when you buy AE?

All of the CC and then some yet unreleased stuff.

Not exactly sure if SE will (involuntary) autoupgrade into AE or it is going to be an extra purchase.

3 hours ago, asebw said:

As for adding things, apparently, some of the CC content might be given away for free when you buy AE?

When you not buy it then you get 'Survival', 'Fishing' and 'Saints and Sinners' if you already have all expansions. Otherwise that what @alaunus01 wrote.

But the update to the game will most likely be done in both cases and that will break a lot of mods.

@MK198914

Its in the description/comments of the mod.

Nailing down the last texture errors. The map almost looks right (so there are still some hidden 'almost right' textures), but it is way better and not so obvious as before. I still think 'Fluffy Snow' looks off. When we get snow here it is much smoother and the top is usually frozen too.

Spoiler

330455696_SkyrimSE2021-10-1517-19-43.jpg.623a8dc951ef838befd11cd5023003ec.jpg

But with that amount of endorsements the OA must have gotten something right...

Anyway, so far this is the only snow texture (already tested a few) that doesn't cause any issues and blends well with the other mods for the landscape.

Atm. it looks like those will be changed

Spoiler

Mods to remove

Spoiler

Improved Rock and Cliff Collision                                 Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience                                                                ''

RUSTIC AMULETS - Special Edition                               Gets replaced

ElSopa HD - Bonehawk Amulet SE                                           ''

Mods to add

Spoiler

This might still change!

Misc. Blended Road Fixes

Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions                                   Still testing

Solstheim - The Lost Levels                                           Still testing

3D Junipers - Trees and Berries                                     Still testing

Fluffy Snow                                                                    Still testing

Fluffy Snow - Blended Roads Patch

Fluffy Snow for Majestic Mountains

Fluffy Snow Windhelm Bridge and Street Fix

Will definitely get added.

Cleaner Bridges

Holy Mountains (Majestic Mountains Addon)

Holy Mountains Cairn Rocks

Holy Mountains Tundra Rocks

HD Ants                                                                         Even the tiniest creature gets its own mod.

HD Ash Guardian

HD Ash Spawn

HD Bears                                                                        Forgot to add them in the last update

HD Dogs                                                                        More Husky (this replacer actually works)

HD Dogs - Barbas                                                          Required if you use the dog replacer

HD Spriggan                                                                  Could have sworn i already had them in the list ?

HD Amulets                                                                    Replaces two mods

Ancient Nord Pickaxe                                                     Optional replacer

Edited by Aylis
2 hours ago, Aylis said:

When you not buy it then you get 'Survival', 'Fishing' and 'Saints and Sinners' if you already have all expansions. Otherwise that what @alaunus01 wrote.

But the update to the game will most likely be done in both cases and that will break a lot of mods.

@MK198914

Its in the description/comments of the mod.

Nailing down the last texture errors. The map almost looks right (so there are still some hidden 'almost right' textures), but it is way better and not so obvious as before. I still think 'Fluffy Snow' looks off. When we get snow here it is much smoother and the top is usually frozen too.

Hide contents

330455696_SkyrimSE2021-10-1517-19-43.jpg.623a8dc951ef838befd11cd5023003ec.jpg

But with that amount of endorsements the OA must have gotten something right...

Anyway, so far this is the only snow texture (already tested a few) that doesn't cause any issues and blends well with the other mods for the landscape.

Atm. it looks like those will be changed

Hide contents

Mods to remove

Hide contents

Improved Rock and Cliff Collision                                 Incompatible to the mountain textures/meshes

Skyrim - A Mountainous Experience                                                                ''

RUSTIC AMULETS - Special Edition                               Gets replaced

ElSopa HD - Bonehawk Amulet SE                                           ''

Mods to add

Hide contents

This might still change!

Misc. Blended Road Fixes

Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions                                   Still testing

Solstheim - The Lost Levels                                           Still testing

3D Junipers - Trees and Berries                                     Still testing

Fluffy Snow                                                                    Still testing

Fluffy Snow - Blended Roads Patch

Fluffy Snow for Majestic Mountains

Fluffy Snow Windhelm Bridge and Street Fix

Will definitely get added.

Cleaner Bridges

Holy Mountains (Majestic Mountains Addon)

Holy Mountains Cairn Rocks

Holy Mountains Tundra Rocks

HD Ants                                                                         Even the tiniest creature gets its own mod.

HD Ash Guardian

HD Ash Spawn

HD Bears                                                                        Forgot to add them in the last update

HD Dogs                                                                        More Husky (this replacer actually works)

HD Dogs - Barbas                                                          Required if you use the dog replacer

HD Spriggan                                                                  Could have sworn i already had them in the list ?

HD Amulets                                                                    Replaces two mods

Ancient Nord Pickaxe                                                     Optional replacer

Do we need to run the Grass Cache thingy after this changes? 

Spoiler

image.png.f6ab2f50c847762fb65fe239e49a1a10.png

@AylisI have no idea what i did wrong, do i need to move the master plugins around? I did everything on the guide exactly as it says and only moved masters when it was stated

Spoiler

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Record [INFO:0540BBF9] in file AuriSLPatch.esp is being overridden by record [QUST:0640BBF9] in file AuriSLPatch.esp.

[Content]
These errors cause CTD and other serious issues and need to be fixed.

Ignore wrong advice to temporarily disable plugins.

I cant find wtf is wrong aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited by Alkzis

@Aylis You may be interested in this one (https://babofactory.blogspot.com/2021/10/sexlab-se-beta-9-optimization.html)

It removes the old and useless animations from SL, nothing else (yes, its the one that uses Baka, so far had no problems with it in my past installation)

BTW, should i just deactivate  Auri SL patch? the moment i do TexGen runs as usual, but when its active it gives me the same error as Alkzis posted.
I tried moving around the related ESP and reinstalled the related mods, nothing worked.

Yes, i checked that the SL patch was the one for SE.

Edited by Jessica_Degurechaff
1 hour ago, Alkzis said:

Sigh

Something like this doesn't help at all! ?

Its 4 o'clock in the morning and, you know, sometimes i need some sleep too.

In the message there's a link to a FAQ. Did you guys try that?

In the message there's a link to a 'Support Forum'. Did you guys try that? I'd guess that the creator of a mod might know its creation better than me...

There's also the option to simply deactivate that patch for sexlab. Did you guys try that?

I got no idea why a patch, which worked (for several months now) perfectly fine before, suddenly is the possible cause of an issue. As far as i can tell that is a false positive as we actually want the original file to get overwritten.

27 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Something like this doesn't help at all! ?

Its 4 o'clock in the morning and, you know, sometimes i need some sleep too.

In the message there's a link to a FAQ. Did you guys try that?

In the message there's a link to a 'Support Forum'. Did you guys try that? I'd guess that the creator of a mod might know its creation better than me...

There's also the option to simply deactivate that patch for sexlab. Did you guys try that?

I got no idea why a patch, which worked (for several months now) perfectly fine before, suddenly is the possible cause of an issue. As far as i can tell that is a false positive as we actually want the original file to get overwritten.

You youself dont need to answer, i know that i tagged you but i expected anyone else to answer.

What i do asure you that i did not expect (or want) was waking you up by posting here. How would i know it was 4am for you? i would have not asked anything if i know i was waking you up.

I asked if it was safe because i had no idea, but once Jessica_Degurechaff said that once it got turn off it worked as supposed to i did and yes it worked, but i have no idea if it had any main problem after that since we are basically covering up the fact that it dont work with TexGen.

Jessica_Degurechaff told me as much on a pm since we had the same issue, i personally dont know her (i guess is Her based on the name) but she has helped me in the past so i did that, but again, how would i know that? For someone like her or you it may be ovious a FalsePositive but besides my first time installing this guide almost a year ago i have never modded anything.

I apologise, i did not expect to be such a assle. 

(i hope none of this come as assholery, im just trying to say that i did not expect this to bother anyone)

Edited by Alkzis
spelling mistakes
1 hour ago, Alkzis said:

image.png.8c1c9cd963eb982e1198eae130841ec0.png

I guess this means TexGen? Right? 
... activate for TexGen, deactivate after that and never turn on again....    Right?

Thats why i'm awake now (had to set the clock for the end of my 327th rerun of DynDOLOD and run some tests).

Updated the info for that mod:

SSE Terrain Tamriel Extend

? Not needed anymore.

It will be removed with the next update. One thing less to worry about...

And now back to catch more sleepingg3i09.gif.2299c6b898ec0bb2d693ae386b6c1c2f.gif

Edited by Aylis

Ok so 3 questions:

Spoiler

image.png.0d177cafeaf6ae3504ebc46f1ad8c223.png

1- To get the desired effect that the title says (Performance, Optimal, Ultra) i have to drag those columns on DynDOLOD on the same way they are ordered there? 
For example if i wanted ultra (the one best looking i guess? since i have a powerful pc) i would need to scroll down to the very bottom on the Advanced Config of DynDOLOD, then swap around the orders of those boxes to match what each title says? Im a bit confused

Spoiler

So if i wanted to get ultra, it would have to look this way? (it was already like this tho, i touched nothing)
image.png.681e57b46975a3f1fb48e51548c61c27.png

This "mesh rules" thingy on the Dyndolod part could use some images (Yes, i do know theres a tutorial on Post#3, im just saying it could explain the MeshRules thing a bit better for people like me who can affort more load on their sistems (And im not mad or anything, dont take it as an attack, im just sharing my opinion..but i do know no one asked)

2- The Grass Cache thingy.. back when i did it i touched nothing, i just installed the config as an extra mod since it says to not merge it with the main mod... Do i have to check the mode for the grass cache still? How do i do that?

Spoiler

image.png.c1ab55c9102a56de56ae31154f06838c.png

No grass in objects: Main mod
No grass in objects- Config: The config provided at the installations steps on the main mod.

3-Im confused at the SSEdit Part

Spoiler

image.png.b342bd689680a915dfa4420ce5d1f04b.png

i run SSEdit from MO2

It loads and shows me a bunch of mods

Spoiler

image.png.01404865138584cac44a350961f15ecf.png

i just click on Ok.. it loads some more stuff (backgroundloader) then it asks me "which ModGroups you wan to activate" i ignore that and click on Ok..

Here i just hit shift and the down arrow until everything is selected:

Spoiler

image.png.3d8369b3134984f6cc403e2c68f44b93.png

then: RightClick>apply script> select BetterDynamicSnowPatcher> hit ok

Spoiler

image.png.4fd70de80eb2352dbe554daf37e5d28c.png

Now here is where im confused.       

This message shows up after the scripting starts.. i just hit click on Ok but im not sure if im supposed to and i fear it will break something.. did i did everything right?

Spoiler

image.png.a84683772d9b9a2f0b4a06561a9779e7.png

Im sorry for the wall of things.

Edited by Alkzis
1 hour ago, Alkzis said:

Ok so 2 questions regarding this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0d177cafeaf6ae3504ebc46f1ad8c223.png

1- To get the desired effect that the title says (Performance, Optimal, Ultra) i have to drag those columns on DynDOLOD on the same way they are ordered there? 
For example if i wanted ultra (the one best looking i guess? since i have a powerful pc) i would need to scroll down to the very bottom on the Advanced Config of DynDOLOD, then swap around the orders of those boxes to match what each title says? Im a bit confused

Reveal hidden contents

So if i wanted to get ultra, it would have to look this way? (it was already like this tho, i touched nothing)
image.png.681e57b46975a3f1fb48e51548c61c27.png

This "mesh rules" thingy on the Dyndolod part could use some images (Yes, i do know theres a tutorial on Post#3, im just saying it could explain the MeshRules thing a bit better for people like me who can affort more load on their sistems (And im not mad or anything, dont take it as an attack, im just sharing my opinion..but i do know no one asked)

2- The Grass Cache thingy.. back when i did it i touched nothing, i just installed the config as an extra mod since it says to not merge it with the main mod... Do i have to check the mode for the grass cache still? How do i do that?

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c1ab55c9102a56de56ae31154f06838c.png

No grass in objects: Main mod
No grass in objects- Config: The config provided at the installations steps on the main mod.

I believe you have to R click on "trees"> and modify each LOD accordingly to what you want to get.. but i could be wrong.. as for the rest i have no clue.

2 hours ago, Alkzis said:

Now here is where im confused.       

This message shows up after the scripting starts.. i just hit click on Ok but im not sure if im supposed to and i fear it will break something.. did i did everything right?

Hide contents

image.png.a84683772d9b9a2f0b4a06561a9779e7.png

Im sorry for the wall of things.

I have used Synthesis for this patch instead of SSEEdit, so I'm not 100% sure, but I'd say that you should write the name of the patch there, meaning, the name that the .esp will have in the right panel of MO2 once you create the mod from "Overwrite".

52 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

I believe you have to R click on "trees"> and modify each LOD accordingly to what you want to get.. but i could be wrong.. as for the rest i have no clue.

Yes, That's the way to do it, if I'm not mistaken. You have to click on the "trees" row and then select "edit". On the window that will pop up, you'll see the options for the quality of each LOD.

Mmmmmh... this thing (bug?) had happened to me since EVER, why? Do you guys have any clue? it only happens with certain presets (even when they ARE made with highpoly head) 

im 100% sure its just because whoever made the preset did it wrong or did not use HighPolyHead.. but why it also happends with premade vanilla faces? 

Its not really a concern, i just want to know about it.

Spoiler

image.png.acd95222e80da4285332cd1e18ba393a.png

As far as things to fix in my end i just have a single thing that is so jarring for me: Why do my PC walks so FAST? its so jarring