Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Finished checking the cities. Sadly there is no upgrade to the big cities in Tamriel which doesn't cause major conflicts or errors.

Raven Rock on the other hand could be upgraded. So 'Raven Rock Reborn' will be replaced with the following mods:

Solstheim Genesis

Simple Raven Rock Expansion

Mnem Raven Rock Expansion Reborn

I might have spoken too soon. There's a mesh and another texture problem... *sigh*

Edited by Aylis

I keep going back and forth about depth of field.  Absent other specific evidence my thought is to drop it but I see this post on Reddit -

-----

PSA: you'll get rain/snow occlusion bugs if you set bDoDepthOfField=0 in skyrimprefs.ini

If you disable vanilla depth of field effects by setting bDoDepthOfField=0 in skyrimprefs.ini, you'll get visual glitches with snow/rain occlusion after swimming underwater. The symptom is snow and rain will disappear at the bottom of your screen. The amount of your screen that this bug occurs for corresponds to the last displayed level of water on the screen.

You may want to disable vanilla depth of field because you don't like the effect or you want to use enb depth of field instead. To fix this bug and still disable vanilla depth of field, set fDynamicDOFBlurMultiplier=0 in skyrimprefs.ini instead.

Took me forever to figure this out. Who knew rain occlusion is tied to dof.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ce3kse/psa_youll_get_rainsnow_occlusion_bugs_if_you_set/

-----

That's two years old and its possible that SSE Engine Fixes, or Display Fixes or updates in ENB have fixed it.  Its also possible the person is wrong and its not that it generally causes that, it only caused it in his particular setup.  

Since I'm only doing test runs now, not charecters I plan to keep as is for awhile, I supposed I can just try it both ways and see for myself.

Edited by axz2

@axz2 and @bandygirl1

(I'm on LE and I don't quite get your problem but)

I use HHayleyy's Bixie ENB and s/he told me this for turning off DoF:

DoF effects can be disabled as follows.

Vanilla DoF
enblocal.ini / "ENBSeries" GUI window

[FIX]
RemoveBlur=true

Main DoF
enbseries.ini / "enbseries.ini" window

[EFFECT]
EnableDepthOfField=false

Secondary DoF
effect.txt.ini / "EFFECT.TXT" tab in the "Shader Parameters" window

[Depth of Field]
Enable Depth of Field=false

1 hour ago, axz2 said:

I keep going back and forth about depth of field.  Absent other specific evidence my thought is to drop it but I see this post on Reddit -

I always have DOF disabled but always through the enb not through the games own settings, my thoughts on DOF have always been what the hell have the designers been smoking, what do I mean, take a look at a distant object, building or what not in real life, does all the area around it go blurry in your vision, does it hell, well not unless you have other vision problems anyway.

MO2 reports a missing master when Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS XD Patch is installed

The masters for some plugins (esp/esl/esm) are not enabled.
The game will crash unless you install and enable the following plugins:

Master

Required By

Embers XD [ESL].esp

WindhelSSE-EmbersXD-esl Patch.esp

It seems that the patch is not up to date with the current version of EmbersXD.  Embers installs Embers XD.esp not EmbersXD [ESL].esp

I would guess if you don't install a patch you would simply get vanilla embers in Windhelm (at least any expanded or changed areas), so lower visual qualiity, and not matching the rest of Skyrim, but not seriously problematic.

@axz2 I do what Varithina said above. Drop the INI files Aylis provided (ENB and Skyrim), then turn off DOF (and AO) in the in-game ENB GUI. Just looks a lot better to me, and I can't imagine it having anything but a positive impact on framerate (or at least no negatives).

If you're using the newer Embers XD (you should, it's amazing), you will want the Windhelm patch labeled "2.2.3 and later." It will look for Embers XD.esp, not the ESL one.

9 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

@axz2 and @bandygirl1

(I'm on LE and I don't quite get your problem but)

I use HHayleyy's Bixie ENB and s/he told me this for turning off DoF:

DoF effects can be disabled as follows.

Vanilla DoF

[FIX]
RemoveBlur=true

Main DoF

[EFFECT]
EnableDepthOfField=false

Secondary DoF

[Depth of Field]

Not to presume too much, but just to clarify what you're saying, I'm  assuming you meant:

Spoiler

DoF effects can be disabled as follows:
----------------------------------------
Vanilla DoF:

[FIX]
RemoveBlur=true
--------------------
Main DoF:

[EFFECT]
EnableDepthOfField=false
------------------------------
Secondary DoF:

[Depth of Field]
----------------------------------

I personally dislike DoF pretty intensely and always turn it off in skyrimprefs.ini and enblocal.ini. I don't see (as in: notice) any significant artifacts from these settings and frankly would not care much anyway just due to how much I hate the damn blur.  I prefer 'living in a real world' to wandering through a badly focused movie.  ymmv.

- It's my understanding that enblocal.ini overrides endseries in this regard and others - someone can correct me here if I'm wrong. 

- effect.txt.ini does not seem to appear in my Rudy enb install, perhaps it's specific to Bixie ENB or LE, I don't know.

The great Whey is simple, tho people delight in Recipes.

Edited by Temphyx
2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@axz2 I do what Varithina said above. Drop the INI files Aylis provided (ENB and Skyrim), then turn off DOF (and AO) in the in-game ENB GUI. Just looks a lot better to me, and I can't imagine it having anything but a positive impact on framerate (or at least no negatives).

If you're using the newer Embers XD (you should, it's amazing), you will want the Windhelm patch labeled "2.2.3 and later." It will look for Embers XD.esp, not the ESL one.

I thought I had the newest version of Embers XD and the patch.  I see that there is an ESL download at the Embers page, I think I'll just use that, so as to save space in my load order limit.  Edit - Or maybe not, the .esl file apparently won't work with future updates, you would have to start a new save.

I see the file you talked about.  I missed it at first since it was not an updated version but an optional patch with just a new .esp.

Edited by axz2
2 hours ago, Temphyx said:

I'm  assuming you meant

Yes. Put simply there are three settings to alter to turn off DoF fully.

2 hours ago, Temphyx said:

effect.txt.ini

I think the .txt.ini files are just what provides the actual text in the corresponding GUI section. They live in the enbseries folder with Bixie although some presets just put them in the Skyrim folder as loose files (if I'm not mistaken).

Agree all the way with your views about DoF.

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.2.2'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

Clean-up and new combat system.

RERUN for an update:

FNIS/Nemesis

Wrye Bash

DynDOLOD (i recommend a full run)

Grass Cache

On an existing save i recommend a run of 'FallrimTools'. But ONLY for the 'Unattached instances' as the rest will sort itself out.

Removed mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Riften Docks Overhaul 

Riften Docks Overhaul - SMIM Patch

Physics and Animation

DAR - Aroused Sexy Idles                                                               Stopped working along the line

DAR - Diverse Equipment Idle                                                        Now redundant

DAR - Diverse Equipment Normal Attack                                                    ''

DAR - Diverse Random Idles                                                                        ''

DAR - Diverse Random Block idle                                                                ''

Casual Bow Animation                                                                    Too limited 

Female Walk for Skyrim                                                                  Redundant

Female Walk For Skyrim - Updates                                                 Not needed anymore

Slightly Less Crappy Swimming Animations                                                    ''

Stronger Swimming Animation                                                       Got an update and a new name

Lowered Hands                                                                               Old animations for LE. Removed to make sure they don't cause issues.

DAR - Diverse Random Normal Attacks                                         Now redundant

DAR - Diverse Random PowerAttack                                                           ''

Armor

DX Dark Knight Armor                                                                    Floods the smithing menu

DX Dark Knight Armor - Update                                                     Not needed anymore

DX Dark Knight Armor - CBBE                                                                        ''

DX Dark Knight Armor - Smaller Shield                                                          ''

NPC

Riften Docks Overhaul - Song of the Green Patch                         Not needed anymore

Override

Animated Weapon Enchants                                                          Never really liked it, was just better than vanilla

Triumvirate - Mage Archetypes                                                      Made redundant with 'Odin'.

Triumvirate - Metric Units                                                               Not needed anymore

Sound

A Bow's Whisper                                                                             Redundant

Smooth Blade Draw and Sheath                                                             ''

Weather and Lighting

Riften Docks Overhaul - LoS II Patch                                              Not needed anymore

Patches

JK's Pawned Prawn/Riften Docks Overhaul patch                          Not needed anymore

Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB                                                            Redundant

Added/moved/renamed mods

Spoiler

Foundation

Depths of Skyrim - An Underwater Overhaul                                  Greatly enhanced visuals / more to explore

Just Ice                                                                                            Moved from 'Textures'

Majestic Landscapes - XLODGen                                                     Fixes some visuals

SKSE

Animation Motion Revolution                                                         This fixes all movements when combined with 'MBO'

Area

JK's Palace of the Kings                                                                    Getting closer to 'JK's Skyrim'

JK's Understone Keep

Winterhold Bridge Repaired                                                            Took them only 60 years...

Textures

Improved Dwemer Glass

ENB Lights For Aetherium Shards Patch

High Polygon Leeks                                                                          Never thought we'd need this

PC

High Poly Vanilla Hair                                                                       Mesh upgrade for vanilla hair

Masculine Argonian Textures (Chameleon and Lizard)              Moved in the group

Masculine Khajiit Textures (Grey Cat and Leopard)                                   ''

Creatures

Project Clarity - Creature Textures Redone                                       Foundation for all creatures

Physics and Animation

DAR - Sitting Animations - Take a Seat                                             Just some eye-candy

DAR - Sitting Idles - Random version                                                             ''

DAR - Smooth Random Magic Idle Animation                                               ''

DAR - Smooth Staff Animation

DAR - Dynamic Swimming                                                                Updated swimming

(SGC) SkySA - Combat Behavior Compulsion                                   New combat system with chaining attacks

(SGC) SkySA - Intense Combat

(SGC) SkySA - First Person View

SkySa Bug Fix                                                                                    Bugfix

Subgroup: Combat Animation

SkySA - JH Combat Animation Pack

SkySA - Dark Wraith sword animations

Override

Evolution - Skyrim Races Rejuvenated                                             Great addition

Wade In Water                                                                                  Must have

Sound

Arachnid - Spiders Sounds Rework                                                  Improved arachnophobia

Weather and Lighting

Dwemer Elevator Lights                                                                    Just some eye-candy

More Lights for ENB - Blood Splatter Fix                                          Bugfix

Kanjs - Forgotten Vale Cave Worm

Kanjs - Vanilla Staff - Glow Map and Particle Lights                         Just some eye-candy

LL

Fill Her Up Baka Edition - Tongues Fix                                              Bugfix

Patches

Better Dyndolod Red Mountain Plume                                             Improved texture

Bug Fixes SSE

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Guard Armor Replacer Patch                  Compatibility patch

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Faction Armor Patch                                           ''

JK's Arnleif and Sons Trading Company - Window Shadows Patch              ''

JK's Mistveil Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                                ''

JK's Silver-Blood Inn - Window Shadows Patch                                            ''

JK's The Hag's Cure - Window Shadows Patch                                             ''

JK's The Temple of Mara - Window Shadows Patch                                      '' 

JK's Understone Keep - Window Shadows Patch                                          ''

Moss Shaders Restored - Cut Content Restoration                          Nice visuals, but skip it if you're desperate for a few more FPS

Odin Patches                                                                                     Compatibility patch

Ordinator directional perks for Skysa and AMR                                            ''

Skyrim Reputation - Fixed and Patched                                            Bugfix

Skyrim Reputation - Better Vampires Patch                                      Compatibility patch

Skyrim Reputation - Improved                                                          Bugfix

Follower Trap Safety                                                                       Moved from 'SKSE'

Footprints - ENB                                                                             Moved from 'Override'

Working on

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.2 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Few suggested updates to keep things running smoothly.

Suggested fixes to list :

Sleep Tight SE -  the fixes mod now correctly removes Papyrus spam, as well as de-equiping from all slots. As far as i understand, can still overwrite with the Boots fix you areadly run. This just fixes the original mods scripts.

Follower Trap Safety - has a fix in the comments to account for changes of USSEP.

There is a new fork of HDT-SMP that basically adds a range function to SMP effects, so ones further away won't animate, amung other general fixes and updates to the base plugin. Available here.

With all the extra animations you are adding for the combat mods, could be worth looking into a version of DAR with more animation slots. The second mediafire link was still available last time i checked. The standard DAR has 16k slots(?) but that also counts none DAR mods such as sex animations and the like, and so gets filled up much quicker. This suggest link, has a upgraded DAR.DLL with a 32k animation limit.

Also going to add SPID for Footprints, and re-run the formatter found in SPID to fix all your other SPID .inis. (only Blood and Dirt iirc?).

Suggested Additions:

Unofficial Skyrim Modders Patch - removes the need for No BS AI and Multiple Floor Sandboxing. Overwrites The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. Some of the changes will be reverted by others mods, the modders patch just provides a better base to build off.

Vanilla Script Optimisations - ''It is aimed at increasing the overall efficiency of vanilla scripts: faster execution and reduced memory usage.  The hope is that by decreasing the amount of resources Papyrus has to devote to vanilla scripts, a person can use more mods before running into performance issues.'' Again, providing a better base to build off.

I have been looking for a mod that I had but forgot its name , that add  sex lines in the dialogue box to ask for sex and kiss etc , don't seem to see it anywhere ?

I have sexlab dialogues but nothing happens , tried babooo dialogues the same .. I am lost  , anyone knows the mods name that had this lines into dialogues for sexlab ..

26 minutes ago, Bullfye said:

I have been looking for a mod that I had but forgot its name , that add  sex lines in the dialogue box to ask for sex and kiss etc , don't seem to see it anywhere ?

I have sexlab dialogues but nothing happens , tried babooo dialogues the same .. I am lost  , anyone knows the mods name that had this lines into dialogues for sexlab ..

Sounds like SexLab Eager NPCs (SLEN)

@Aylis Can get rid of the JK's Pawned Prawn/Riften Docks Overhaul patch now. Also of note is that as we add more DAR mods, some are going to overlap. For instance, the Go to Bed/DAR patch now is overlapped completely by SkySA. It's very easy to fix (just rename the numbered folder names so they aren't identical anymore, but that will probably need to be pointed out now. This specific example is referenced by the author:

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.1beb7b562498901d4db8f734e9b2db21.png

There is also a JK's Understone Keep/Windows Shader patch now (released two days ago).

On the list, you've got some High Poly NPC patches listed twice (at the top, under the space)

Recommend taking a look at this if you haven't already. Three patches are helpful (FOMOD automatic installer):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46445

Edited by wollboi

I just wanted to say that while I am not finished following your guide, I wanted to thank you for creating such a thorough and easy to understand guide. I actually wanted to inform you of the status of one of the mods included in your guide.

The mod in question is  Aldamar - Druid Mushroom Home, which is temporarily unavailable on the Nexus due to some issues with one of the authors. The mod will return in the future once the issues have been solved, but until then it cannot be downloaded. I figured it was worth reaching out to you in case you wanted to update the guide to reflect the current situation of the file.

Thanks again!

The status update and/or the guide have been reworked:

Evolution - Skyrim Races Rejuvenated works fine. Has been added.

Better Dyndolod Red Mountain Plume is simply perfect in combination with Rudy. Has been added.

Odin Patches have been added.

JK's Understone Keep - Window Shadows Patch has been added.

The mod 'Maelstrom' is now available here on LL. Updated the link.

Removed the patch i overlooked.

Removed doublettes.

Reworked the descriptions, they should now follow the same scheme as my guide for FO4. Guess i have to go through it several times more... if only for typos ?

First impression:

Spoiler

Fizzle                                                                       No noticable effect yet. Lvl too low?

Wintersun and Wintersun - Metric Units                Positive so far. Needs a longer test. Need something to add Azura to the house shrines...

Unofficial Skyrim Modder's Patch - USMP              Needs a longer test. Seems to make a few mods redundant.

Vanilla Script (micro)Optimizations                        No noticable effect yet.

Better Tempering Experience                                  Not sure if this even works...

@wollboi

'DAR - Go to Bed' was already fixed when i installed it. Maybe the OA forgot to update the description...

@thehowl5657

Thanks for the info. :)

Edited by Aylis

Thanks for the updates, Aylis! I am looking forward to try many of the new changes, especially the SkySA stuff. I had hesitated on that mod as I wasn't sure about attack commitment.

Has anyone tried eFPS - Exterior FPS boost yet? Its an "occlusion culler" for exteriors. It is one of the popular downloads on Nexus right now, but the author locked the posts, which makes me hesitant to try it. I could use some more FPS.

1 hour ago, trgdolors said:

Has anyone tried eFPS - Exterior FPS boost yet?

I'll give it a shot. But this will be a longer test as the mod touches almost everything and even then i can't be sure to have found all bugs in it.

Gone through the guide for four times now. There shouldn't be any errors left... I hope...

eFPS - Exterior FPS boost  is still a work in progress. while there is still some patches available on the Discord, stuff like JK's hasn't been done yet as they are more focused on finishing the original mod, rather than giving temporary fixes that may be changed.

it still has some issues too, like needing to be disabled when generating dyndolod etc, and a few 'void zones' where your character becomes invisible.

its a good mod, just not yet finished.

I think ENB Helper is supposed to take the place of Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB.

----

"Yes, you should disable or delete .esp from Particle Patch if you are using ENB Helper."

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7371141-enb-helper-se/page-32#entry91009023

"I was told this: "if you use the ENB Helper (for multiple weathers ) you do not need the (Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB) plugin."

In ENBSeries.ini there is an EnableMultipleWeathers=true OR false. In-game with Enter+Shift it's can be enabled there too. So if I have ENB Helper installed then I don't need the plugin for Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB ("Particle Patch for ENB SSE.esp") apparently they say. "'SKSE weather plugin' = ENB Helper = true""

http://enbseries.enbdev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=93508#p93508

Yes, Boris is correct. The ENB helper is an SKSE plugin created by aers that adds necessary functions that ENB weather system requires.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/23174

The plugin in this patch changes some things to help ENB detect the time of day but like stated, it's not necessary when you use the ENB helper because then the time of day will be always correct anyway.

LOOT (which I don't use for sorting), if run with both enabled, also says the same thing.