Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Hey there!, so far i havent crashed or losed fps not even once, so im pretty happy with the set up, however i encounter this while looking around riften: (entrace of the mara temple)
Not really that important and its such a minor thing that i almost will never see (unless i especifically go there), so i could leave it as it is if its hard to fix, in case you guys know how to fix it please tell me! (and if i need to run again Dyndolod/TexGen/Ao etc when i fix it)
heres what i found:

(flotating campfire(?)) 

Spoiler

607484336_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_05.11-19_04_02_55.png.f6a12d80b2c8371974a64f51ac593713.png

and

weird ilumination on the candles and the stairs, like theres a fake prefixlight there.

Spoiler

1643692437_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_05.11-19_03_53_45.png.dacea83760df898c09d3d1b85c66b570.png

20 hours ago, wollboi said:

@maltodaxtrin I would also disable FOV in the ENB menu. It drops it by 3-5 FPS and makes it look worse IMO. Maybe Ambient Occlusion too.

(Unrelated - I wish Capcom knew that disabling FOV in RE8 meant to actually disable the ****ing FOV.)

I looked everywhere in the ENB menu in-game (shift+enter) but I couldn't find a FOV setting. Is it in a ini file somewhere? Thanks!

On 3/17/2019 at 2:01 PM, Aylis said:

Last Update: 16 Apr 2021

Updateinfo: in this post / Updatehistory

Logo.jpg.12cf3adc7deed308453b299ae1d241b9.jpg

Threadmap

1. Overview

2. Modlist

3. Installation - Recommended Settings

4. Screenshots (separate page)

5. Troubleshooting 

6. Tips and Tricks - Start up

7. Downloads 

Who this guide is for.

I've watched quite a few videos on Youtube and some of them look fantastic. But most of the time you simply don't get a complete list of what they actually use or have to watch a dozen or so (*cough* 275 *cough* MxR *cough*) to get a hint of what they might use and then they might switch mods at any time.

So this here is my complete list and i've added a few screenshots and there is a video showcase that is very close (there are only minor differences) to my guide. I recommend to take a look there first so you'll know what to expect if you follow this guide.

My goal is to get a beautiful game which is fun and, although it is a FRPG, as realistic as possible without punishing you for playing it. So you'll find no skimpy outfits (aka Bikinis in a snowstorm), overly gothified fantasy weapons and armor which are totally useless in reality (i replaced those as much as possible), and none of the punishing survival mods.

What i did crank up is the difficulty via MorrowLoot and 'Deadly Wenches'. Higher tier weapons and armor are much harder to get and the enemies are no walk in the park anymore. Assas- sinating the leader of the Silverhand is no easy feat (i did it at lvl. 15 while he was lvl 28, but it took me some sweet time and he got me at least a dozen times).

Your first hour in a dungeon (incl. a few mistakes a new adventurer might make):

Reveal hidden contents

But the beauty of it is that you can still adapt the list to what you like. I'm just trying to give you a solid base where you can add the things you like (or remove the ones you don't). See 'Nothing is carved in stone' in post #6.

A big 'Thank you' to all the modders out there! The game wouldn't be as good as it is now without you guys and gals!

Don't forget to either endorse the mods you use or give the authors a 'thumbs up' here at LL. And, if you like my work, you can support me on Patreon. Most of the time i will be here anyway, so that one is for those of you that want to support me with all the work on this guide (better said providing me with a steady supply of much needed coffee and cookies ?).

Happy to disappoint in this regard:

Reveal hidden contents

Congratulations! You just found a Daedric armor!

Daedric.jpg.1c3bc4726b83e5f0d76df4e7b0421548.jpg

Pic made by Taurelin

Other games:

Fallout 4 for Beginners

Can be ignored...

Reveal hidden contents

...i just don't want to rewrite this again and again…

The list is atm NOT compatible with the newest Bethesda update! I'll remove this note when every mod is working with it again.

All mods can be checked here: SSE Conversion Tracking. Also don' forget to give @tasairis a 'thumbs up' for all his awesome work (i'd go nuts with all the required updates).

Instructions how to roll back to the older version of Skyrim can be found >>here<<.

Silly question do you know if there is anything like this that is more devious devices based. Not a beginner here but would love to see some load orders as I am getting ready to do a fresh SE build. I have both LE and SE. I have been playing LE and  something is going on with that playthrough right was working great up till about a night ago. So was going to do a clean install of SE to see if I could get something really stable there. LOL its funny my LE game was running fine now the save just sits at the like the loading screen. 

I'd like to pull a request for the many beginners out there.  One of the great benefits, but also one of the few pitfalls in this builds can be Sync Load Order Plugin for Mod Organizer 2

While this tool is a godsend to LOOT free modding, it also exhibits problems associated with its fall back alphabetic sorting.  Every time you run Sync Plugins, you are  putting esp's with common source mods in alphabetical order, even when their common master is among them.  The only warning that may result is that Wrye Bash will report them as having Delinquent Masters.

My point is, since most people will use this as a base build, the problem quickly compounds with additional mods and some people may by unaware of the problem, not doing bash patches or just ignoring the warning(s).

So it might be reasonable to red flag the issue early and often in the build instructions:

Modders must pay close attention to keeping patches and variants just below the last esp patched, regardless of what the great tool Sync Plugins has done.

Just a suggestion, hoping to help

Just to clarify. At what point exactly do you install the actual ENB (Rudy, NAT, SE Re-engaged etc.)

For example i downlosd and installl the ENB framework. Then all the requirments and after that, the ENB itself? 

Or could i also install the acrual ENB firdt and then the requirments.

Does the installation order just for the Enb matter?

20 hours ago, arshesney said:

Perhaps he meant DoF as in Depth of Field?

You're propably right. Although disabling it didn't help with my system.

18 hours ago, llokii70 said:

Silly question do you know if there is anything like this that is more devious devices based.

It is funny. When i had DD some were complaining about it. Now that it is gone (and i'm happy about that) people want it back...

17 hours ago, fritzfried said:

So it might be reasonable to red flag the issue early and often in the build instructions:

Modders must pay close attention to keeping patches and variants just below the last esp patched, regardless of what the great tool Sync Plugins has done.

That is already part of 'Installation'.

17 hours ago, maltodaxtrin said:

@Aylis  Have you tried adding this mod in supplement to Armor Redux?

Fixes the same problem resistances have that vanilla armor has - being shitty

Not sure about that one. Having two active mods doing an overlap in functions usually spells trouble.

6 hours ago, Mittelat said:

Does the installation order just for the Enb matter?

Not really. The LO only comes into play for mods requiring the ENB.

Nebenbei bemerkt die Gruppen 'Override' und 'LL' sind die Mods bei denen Du primär mit der Sprache aufpassen musst (plus natürlich Mods mit Quests).

by gone you mean a guide for it? because dd has always been popular since I've been on LL....is it a pita......without a d oubt.......the problem i dont believe is the number of scripts people are running....it think its more a combo of poor coding, and conflicts which in turn are causing stacks and eventually skyrim can't recover from it. And when I say poor coding I'm not bagging on anyone just people will do something just to get it done and get it out there. Not all of them but some and depending on what other mods youre integrating with could cause big problems.....thats why i would love to see dome guide....kind of install, do's and dont's, preferred load orders....conflicts etc.....I think you get my gist.....not a book but someothing.....and people actually need to regulate that form so someone can't just put junk out there....there's a lot of misleading info out there.

the whole script heavy thing.....not saying its a myth....im sure it does happen.....more things are due to poor coding, conlicts between mods, and shared assets....and some of the assets that are shared make sense like when its a framework but some of the others......smfh.....so yeah it would be nice to be able to bounce a load order of something and obviously it wouldnt be a 100% but it would at least provide a foundation to start from

6 hours ago, llokii70 said:

by gone you mean a guide for it? because dd has always been popular since I've been on LL

It was included in this guide but was eventually removed. I think it was because there weren't many mods from this guide using DD features.

I don't think being a script heavy mod was a reason. Even if it's a known and big framework, it appeals to a very specific playstyle and has little applications for a "general" modlist. So it's easy to consider it to be out of place or out of the scope for a guide designed to be a solid base. Or at least that's my understanding. Aylis could have her own reasons.

If you want to include DD or any other mod not covered in the guide you could start by getting the files, following the general install/loadorder rules (so place DD near the other LL mods in your modlist, then adjust the esm files to be near the top, etc.). Then fine tweak the exact loadorder by trial and error or by loading your loadorder into xEdit and filter to show conflicts, then inspect the conflicts related to DD or other mods and see which records should be preserved for the mod to work as intended, or if the record conflicts are even an issue or can be ignored.

31 minutes ago, Just Don&#x27;t said:

It was included in this guide but was eventually removed. I think it was because there weren't many mods from this guide using DD features.

I don't think being a script heavy mod was a reason. Even if it's a known and big framework, it appeals to a very specific playstyle and has little applications for a "general" modlist. So it's easy to consider it to be out of place or out of the scope for a guide designed to be a solid base. Or at least that's my understanding. Aylis could have her own reasons.

If you want to include DD or any other mod not covered in the guide you could start by getting the files, following the general install/loadorder rules (so place DD near the other LL mods in your modlist, then adjust the esm files to be near the top, etc.). Then fine tweak the exact loadorder by trial and error or by loading your loadorder into xEdit and filter to show conflicts, then inspect the conflicts related to DD or other mods and see which records should be preserved for the mod to work as intended, or if the record conflicts are even an issue or can be ignored.

Yeah I wasnt saying it wasn't here because of script heavy. Alot of people run into CTD's with DD mods. The reason I will always hear is "script heavy" and a lot of the times thats simply not the case. I was saying that it is probably more times than not either due to poorly written mods or conflicting mods that cause stacks that get backed up. Skyrim either can't resolve them or is taking forever. The system then is taking a beating and then crash.

If you had a solid foundation to build off of it would be much easier.

1 hour ago, Just Don't said:

It used to be required for mods that were broken and got removed. Then there's the fact that animation packs used their own objects for bondage, so DD basically had no point.

Unless you wanted the actual features of the mod, which just ruined the game imo. Especially if you got Cursed Loot, which I think used to be a part of this list. Constant bloated chests with restraints and some really overpowered "armor." Which didn't matter since the mod was purposely designed for you to be restrained most of the time. Random characters wearing devices that take you out of the game. The quests being just insanely tedious fetch quests, such as being forced to walk from Whiterun to Dawnstar at 1/10 your normal speed while your forced follower rapes you every 3 seconds.

You're basically not even playing Skyrim anymore. The mod purposely tries to get in the way unless you disable most of its functions. The one thing this modlist was clearly designed to do was let you actually play the game.

18 minutes ago, ddfde said:

You're basically not even playing Skyrim anymore. The mod purposely tries to get in the way unless you disable most of its functions. The one thing this modlist was clearly designed to do was let you actually play the game.

Bump - Agreed, although llokii70's  desire of having a fully flexible LL base game build is...diy?

In the end it is a combination of all the things previously mentioned. Let's compare the sex part of 'Skyrim SE' with 'FO4':

Interaction

FO4: a whole group is working on getting everything regarding AAF to work together. With one thread having all the informations you need.

SSE: one group working on DD alone. The rest is done by various authors and a lot of them seem to work alone and are more interested in doing their own thing. 

Information

FO4: One thread to get everything.

SSE: you're lucky if you find required informations on page #62 of a thread and those usually are buried under a heap of other posts.

Bugs

FO4: one known bug regarding Supermutants (which is hard to nail down). The rest is usually compatability issues and those get solved asap.

SSE: a plethora of bugs you have to work around. Also every update to a mod can cause issues somewhere else.

Versions

FO4: one version for everything.

SSE: a lot of the original authors (if they are still active) still use LE. So we have to rely on ports which are often done by a different person. This split hurts us a lot!

Now let's take a look at DD:

1. the author is still on LE.

2. the download is ~2.3 GB plus ~700 MB bodyslides plus ~1.2 GB created bodyslides for the framework alone.

3. the physics have changed drastically between LE and SE. Which is another can of worms... (Kudos to the guys who have the patience to work on it).

4. most of the mod doesn't fit into Skyrim. If there was a small version with items which would be believable for the timeperiod it would be in the list...

5. a lot of the addons have some issues.

The addons for DD don't look much better.

'Kyne's Blessing'/'Parasites'

Got a prerequisite which doesn't firt too well into Skyrim. Casting spells that summon sex-machines of the Dwemer? Ehm, a big 'no' from my side! Might add it later, but only if you can deactivate the machines and the spells of the prerequisite. Then we got only a half-finished questline which will stay in your questlog... Another thing, although i'd love to add it, which makes it unusable from my point of view.

Add to that the requirement of DD (why isn't there a small version for this mod alone?) and its inclusion is very doubtful for the next years.

'Sanguine's Debauchery'

Per se a very interesting mod. But it has some issues we tried to fix for weeks (@jaeos Remember that one?). The one thing i don't like is that it sort of forces you into a certain type of gameplay/tells you to like some stuff (which i totally disagree with!). So in the end it will propably never be added again.

'Devious Loot'

So many problems with one mod... Tried it, ran into bugs, removed it. Although i like the general idea of cursed loot, hopping for half an hour through Sklyrim to the next smith, which hopefully can release you, is not my idea of fun.

In the end you constantly get some new devices (which are often enough hard to get rid off) and when NPC start to show up in the stuff... Nope! Not in my Skyrim!

45 minutes ago, Folgar said:

Hey does anyone know a fix for this mannequin issue? I have Mannequins revamped as well as the SL fix and the Mannequin mannipulator.

Have you read 'Troubleshooting'?

47 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Have you read 'Troubleshooting'?

I have but couldn't find a solution, if it's missing meshes and textures I have no idea where to copy the files from and to.  I use MO2 which keeps the mods separate from the game folder so the mod authors folder locations won't work.

11 minutes ago, Folgar said:

I have but couldn't find a solution, if it's missing meshes and textures I have no idea where to copy the files from and to.  I use MO2 which keeps the mods separate from the game folder so the mod authors folder locations won't work.

The answer is right there: 

On 3/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, Aylis said:

Black Face                  - Problem with the LO or a missing mod/patch.

Invisible objects         - Usually missing meshes

1. You don't copy files around.

2. I'm using MO2 and the mod authors folders work fine with the virtual installation. So that is NOT the problem (unless you got a broken download).

58 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The answer is right there: 

1. You don't copy files around.

2. I'm using MO2 and the mod authors folders work fine with the virtual installation. So that is NOT the problem (unless you got a broken download).

I got it figured out I downloaded it and reinstalled multiple times, I think something is wrong with the fomod.  The mod folder only showed the esp file no meshes or textures. I manually downloaded it and put the meshes, textures, and calientetools in the mod folder and it is all good now.  Thanks again for your help.

There's a new mod called Open World Loot that seems like it would be a good replacement for MLU. It's supposed to keep the progressive experience by adding back leveled enemies and increasing their level cap and adding leveled loot for high level bosses and chests. It's also supposed to be compatible with mods that add armors and weapons to those lists.

It seems like the only thing you'd be losing by not using MLU is the fixed high-level drops and the unique artifacts/weapons it adds. But that might be a good thing if you don't like getting an Ebony Bow of Paralysis at level 1 or whatever OP weapon you found on the wall in some random dude's house. You also lose the changes MLU made to smithing high level gear.

I don't know how compatible it would be with this list just from the amount of MLU patches there are. The plans say that he's going to integrate the NordWarUA mods. Maybe something to look into in the future?

Just a quick question. I'm currently in the process of installing the "DynDOLOD Rescources SE". I don't see any further instructions on whether it is okay or not, to choose all or some of the options in the FOMOD installer.

Would somebody be kind enough to clarify, what i have to do here.

Thank you

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.c913e4fecad26a5c7fa0f40fc2e89a23.png

On a further note. On the modpage of DynDOLOD there are installation instructions. And i'm unsure what to do with them. Do i strictly follow the guide and just install DynDOLOD rescources SE and the other parts of the "installation" will be handled later in the guide? Or do i need to follow the Installation steps as shown in the picture below.

I'm confused.

Spoiler

grafik.png.15940c34e4fc97ac8543309001ec64a8.png

@ddfde

I'd have to rework a big chunk of the list for that mod...

@Mittelat

1. How about the option 'pick whatever you want'? Unless i add specific instructions for the complicated mods (or the optimal choices) the options are up to you.

2. You follow his instructions and get 2D trees for the LOD - or you use mine and get 3D ones.

9 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@ddfde

I'd have to rework a big chunk of the list for that mod...

@Mittelat

1. How about the option 'pick whatever you want'? Unless i add specific instructions for the complicated mods (or the optimal choices) the options are up to you.

2. You follow his instructions and get 2D trees for the LOD - or you use mine and get 3D ones.

Thank you for the clarfication.

It may seem obvious but i just want to make sure. Do i need the Riften Dock Overhaul 1.5.1 fix for DynDOLOD? It isn't mentioned in the guide.

Spoiler

grafik.png.ff378f71beaca5a9a14526ac2faa36ad.png