Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

I'm new to this mod guide, so please be kind ;)

In the first post, at the bottom a spoiler says "Can be ignored".

Does this mean I can ignore that spoiler, or do I need to downgrade my Skyrim to be able to use this guide?

Sorry in advance.

8 minutes ago, Aragwath said:

I'm new to this mod guide, so please be kind ;)

In the first post, at the bottom a spoiler says "Can be ignored".

Does this mean I can ignore that spoiler, or do I need to downgrade my Skyrim to be able to use this guide?

Sorry in advance.

It means that you can just skip it, the guide its supposed to be used with the latest skyrim update (not that many come out anyway)

Since some of you guys have also mentionend some issues with NEMESIS unlimited crash engine - I found a neat 'trick' that works for me to make generating animation files with Nemesis slightly less annoying:

If nemesis crashes it is very likely to crash again on the next run. A reason for this seems to be that in case of nemesis crashing not all procceses do get properly shut down.

To remedy this the processes should be properly stopped.

A reboot will help (but takes time and is annoying). So better is to reopen Nemesis find it in Task Manager, kill the process and then re-run Nemesis. It always succeeds then for me.

I hope this might help someone.
(All of this might just be the ramblings of a madman. I am just making guesses and I have a horse brain)

---

17 minutes ago, Aragwath said:

Thanks alot :)

Keep at it!
Making this list work requires patience, but if you follow it carefully it does work like a charm (also plan in on this taking a few days).

3 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

@Fakenet Maybe you installed really high textures? could also be DOF on the ENB settings (i suggest deativating it). 

Deaktivating DOF got me to 40 fps.

I followed this guide but that was last year or so. It's a lot of work and it changes all the time.

I'd rather not spend an entire week setting up the mods just to have the game not run properly again.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:08 AM, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

@kesryth       Sorry to bother you, but have you manage to get Deadly wenches to work with TAWOBA-TEWOBA? for some reason mines only seem to use vanilla armors, no matter what i try, i even removed BD to see if it even affected, yet i got nothing.  (and as soon as i removed deadly wenches they now use the items, but out of bad luck now i cant find any female bandits to see if they are using it.. male bandits have them on their invetory so i assume its just bad luck of not finding an actual fem) 

(wasnt sure about pm you for this, so sorry if this ain the place, thanks for the help)

The leveled lists for both are weird. Half the time I don't even see any of the armor pieces on normal bandits and whatnot. It's something to do with the bashed patch from what little looking into it I've done thus far. If you just go with the vanilla leveled list added in TAWOBA, you see armor pieces on regular bandits. Not sure about deadly wenches though. 

43 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

Deaktivating DOF got me to 40 fps.

I followed this guide but that was last year or so. It's a lot of work and it changes all the time.

I'd rather not spend an entire week setting up the mods just to have the game not run properly again.

I always deactivate DOF because exactly that, too much FPS cost for an effect that, most of the time, makes the experience worse.

Make sure you save the change inside the ENB GUI otherwise you need to change it each time you enter the game.

also, RASS (in game MCM) haves a few options that may save a few fps.

13 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

I always deactivate DOF because exactly that, too much FPS cost for an effect that, most of the time, makes the experience worse.

Make sure you save the change inside the ENB GUI otherwise you need to change it each time you enter the game.

also, RASS (in game MCM) haves a few options that may save a few fps.

I don't know what you mean, neither ENB GUI nor RASS is familiar to me.

49 minutes ago, Fakenet said:

I don't know what you mean, neither ENB GUI nor RASS is familiar to me.

Shift + Enter brings up the ENB GUI.  You can check options on and off, just remember to click save at the top afterwards.

Shift + F7 turns DOF on and off.

RASS should have a book in your inventory to mess with it's settings (assuming you are using that mod.

Further down in the Tips and Tricks Aylis mentioned Skyrim re-engaged ENB settings (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1089 ) .  I am testing this out now on the quality and performance settings, without reshade).  It does seem to up the FPS, and no reshade is needed either.  Still testing between the performance and quality.  ENB is such an interesting beast. Just need to learn more on the various filters now ;O) 

(EDIT: Performance is basically just color and HDR, quality has 5 or 6 filters )

13 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

As a side note, does both Sun and TEWOBA (they can be treated as one anyway)  make so normal non-bandit npcs use them too? ..or normal people (both unique NPCS and normal generic NPCS) always use vanilla armors no matter what? Because now that i think about it i havent see anyone besides bandits use them, to be fair i havent even played that much because im always solving conflicts and "tweaking" my modlist, so it could be they do use them but i just havent found them, i will keep an eye but i swear that only bandits use them. 

Thanks my guy!

I believe it only affects Bandits by adding to the leveled lists for them. It does not replace non-bandit NPCs without a replacer version, such as how BD;s replaces them across the board. Its on my list of todo's to create a proper leveled list that covers several of the armor mods I use so i can see them in the wild and not just on my character. Ah to have time...

5 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

any idea of the deathbells?

I think that is caused by 'ENB Light'.

Finally got the body for FO4 right. Two days gone for just that part alone.

1 hour ago, asebw said:

The leveled lists for both are weird. Half the time I don't even see any of the armor pieces on normal bandits and whatnot. It's something to do with the bashed patch from what little looking into it I've done thus far. If you just go with the vanilla leveled list added in TAWOBA, you see armor pieces on regular bandits. Not sure about deadly wenches though. 

I agree.. sometime i see them and others i don't, but i think that was because I may have chosen the wrong leveled list this time. There is one where it is TAWOBA only, which makes female bandits only use those armors, and I chose TAWOBA and Vanilla Immersive which means the vanilla ones get cycled in too.
Another thing i noticed is that Wyre doesn't see the list as a leveled list when bashing, but i still get the armors showing on Bandits. It seems that without tags on the leveled list (DELEV/RELEV) in wyre, then it skips over bashing them together. May have to test adding the tags to see how it impacts the bash and in game results.

On 4/24/2021 at 11:06 PM, Animu said:

Can anyone please do an install guide for Fertility Mode?

I can't seem to get the mod to populate in mcm. The mod is also sitting around 28 on the MO for me. I did it with the RS Children patch option and Sexlab option from the install menu. Not sure if I did something wrong or if I am missing something. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

ModOrganizer_2021-04-24_16-05-09.png.33c790eed8e8871241c85b806362c459.png

Edit: Also ran setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1 in console with no luck.

I think the issue is caused by AHZmoreHUD. If you chose to install the .esp version it will always end up being lower in the load order then AHZmoreHUDInventory.esl

You could try re-install AHZmoreHUD and select to install the esl version, then move it above AHZmoreHUDInventory in your load order. (you should be able to see the position of both mods in Aylis' #3 post)

14 hours ago, kesryth said:

I agree.. sometime i see them and others i don't, but i think that was because I may have chosen the wrong leveled list this time. There is one where it is TAWOBA only, which makes female bandits only use those armors, and I chose TAWOBA and Vanilla Immersive which means the vanilla ones get cycled in too.
Another thing i noticed is that Wyre doesn't see the list as a leveled list when bashing, but i still get the armors showing on Bandits. It seems that without tags on the leveled list (DELEV/RELEV) in wyre, then it skips over bashing them together. May have to test adding the tags to see how it impacts the bash and in game results.

Thats weird, did you choose the correct option when installing Sun TAWOBA? one makes so bandits ONLY wear her armors, the other option lets bandits use vanilla armors too, add that TEWOBA leveled list (since they are compatible with one another) and most if not all bandits should be using them.
In fact in my game bandits only use them.

if you ever make that custom leveled list let me know, im trying to learn about modding but im too slow and dense, im surpriced theres no bikini replacer (With modular armors, like TAWOBA/TEWOBA) for normal npcs. Like the one youre doing.

Edit: Just saw that Sun is close to drop a new update for TAWOBA. 

for now im using this one so its visually consistent with non-bandits npcs + BD for non-armors normal clothes (or armors that arent untouched by all the others).

Its there any place you may reccomend me to start with modding? I have seen a lot of GamePoets and Gopher, but its still weird to learn. 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@AylisJK just updated this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47713 , but  we dont have it on the list on the first place ?

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Please recheck the last 'Status Update'. It is already in there... ? 

Actually, the last update from the link at the top of the post image.png.9699dfcb3cbead31c687230f371f8f14.png   do not mention anything from JK,
where may be that Status update? Or you mean another link? 

I even check your profile but found nothing.  (i know im very dense, but i doubt i would have missed it, as i check this Topic daily) 

Oh boy, my SKSE dont even start (from MO2 ofc), it tries to start the game but as soon as the aplications opens it closes.  This did not happend yesterday, all i did was installing some armor mods (that i already removed) , maybe i need to redo the final patches? (nemesis, fnis, Dyndolods, etc)

Hey, finally back to modding skyrim after some stressfull pandemic-infused-workload. Great that this guide is constantly evolving!

I wanted to ask if the aMidianBorn Book of Silence (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35382?tab=description)) could work as a good texture-foundation for other armor/weapons mods? It comes as a .bsa archive, so every mod who recalls to original textures would use the aMidian one and those with its own textures would overwrite them because loose files > .bsa archives. Did i get that right or am I missing something?

Cheers and stay healthy

5 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Actually, the last update from the link at the top of the post  do not mention anything from JK,
where may be that Status update? Or you mean another link?

It does. If you read all of it.

I'll give you a hint:

Checking out:

2 hours ago, 1001nights said:

I wanted to ask if the aMidianBorn Book of Silence (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35382?tab=description)) could work as a good texture-foundation for other armor/weapons mods? It comes as a .bsa archive, so every mod who recalls to original textures would use the aMidian one and those with its own textures would overwrite them because loose files > .bsa archives. Did i get that right or am I missing something?

You're right. But almost every weapon and armor gets replaced. So i guess it wouldn't be of much use.

Physics finished. Part 1 updated - Finetuning textures...

SO, turns out that SKSE (and even vanilla skyrim from steam launcher) its very, very, VERY sensitive about GPU config changes. (Nvidia control panel) 
Had to swap a few things around to get an older game working and that made so skyrim DONT EVEN OPEN.
I was freaking out..  at least now i have a clean vanilla skyrim folder, thanks god we use MO2. 

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

It does. If you read all of it.

Oh yeah, but i thought you mean that was already in the guide.   My bad there, master Aylis. ?

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

You're right. But almost every weapon and armor gets replaced. So i guess it wouldn't be of much use.

yeah, that's  true. But "doppelt gemoppelt hält besser" .  please don't hurt me, i know that shouldn't be a mantra for skyrim modding^^In Skyrim LE aMidian was one of my must-have mods.

I was playing with this mod here (well, older version)

That's a nice addition with Immersive Wenches, because they now engage in more "wenches-like" behaviour. You can even set the timespan when they should start being more lewd. Additionally it is a nice immersive mod, because the player can roleplay as a prostitute/gigolo through various quests, none of them over-the-top, and as the player gets more experienced, he can even make "house-visits". In the last versions I've never encountered a bug. I just like it because it fits well into the whole medieval-tavern-style world (unlike those mods with DeviousDevices where every second NPC starts wearing fetish-clothes like they were visiting the Berghain in Berlin)

22 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

My bad there, master Aylis. ?

Master?

*turns around*

Where?

20 hours ago, 1001nights said:

But "doppelt gemoppelt hält besser".

(unlike those mods with DeviousDevices where every second NPC starts wearing fetish-clothes like they were visiting the Berghain in Berlin)

True. But it can backfire spectaculary. ;)

Thats exactly why i hated DD so much. I was very happy when i could remove it.

@All

For those interested in FO4. You can start to download the first 5 8 11 groups (the orange line is where you should stop) of my Fallout IV for Beginners. I'll continuously update the guide within the next few days (thankfully the worst part is already done).