Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

I didn't test extra mods for Werewolves (i think there are two). Textures are already improved and the models provided by the 'Creature Framework' work without any extra special attention.

Spoiler

Sorry that i don't have better ones:

ScreenShot49.png.323c8b0819f2a3dd4aa260abd4317ba7.png

ScreenShot50.png.c666c9bbf458f096e0cff8251922cad2.png

ScreenShot51.png.b2594cf05b2d904f470e2bc7e843db51.png

ScreenShot52.png.eab0c348a5666bbb8ffe09f374bd37e8.png

But that i'm not too fond of the companion questline (and Werewolves outside of movies) might have influenced that. So far i can definitely say that the schlongs were there and that the animations worked (only a bit harder to trigger with the unfriendly fleabags). I'm not absolutely certain about the physics for the female ones. But if there would have been a problem i would either have fixed it or mentioned it in 'Bugs'.

Wish i could recheck that. But i deleted ~200 saves this morning including the ones where my char still was a Werewolf. 

Currents should work. A few days ago i cut it a bit too close to a waterfall. To say it was a loooong way down would be an understatement and of course i had to hit a rock formation at the bottom ('Ha, there's enough water'... 'Close, but i'll be OK'... 'O.o'... *splat*). I lost an hour of unlocks in that area.

<Insert curse of your choice here> Of course there had to be a problem...

Spoiler

Looking good…

ScreenShot236.png.1291081d79fd811572e7fa3418ba77c5.png

… not so much from the other side.

ScreenShot237.png.6eed2c34f6c0151903c33433362de3b6.png

The only good thing is that i know exactly which two mods are conflicting here. I'll check for a patch or try to contact the mod authors for a patch. Atm we can only ignore it or disable either the tree or the tent.

38 minutes ago, Kythana said:

I didn't test extra mods for Werewolves (i think there are two). Textures are already improved and the models provided by the 'Creature Framework' work without any extra special attention.

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry that i don't have better ones:

ScreenShot49.png.323c8b0819f2a3dd4aa260abd4317ba7.png

ScreenShot50.png.c666c9bbf458f096e0cff8251922cad2.png

ScreenShot51.png.b2594cf05b2d904f470e2bc7e843db51.png

ScreenShot52.png.eab0c348a5666bbb8ffe09f374bd37e8.png

But that i'm not too fond of the companion questline (and Werewolves) might have influenced that. So far i can definitely say that the schlongs were there and that the animations worked (only a bit harder to trigger with the unfriendly ones). I'm not absolutely certain if the physics for the female version worked. But if there would have been a problem i would either have fixed it or mentioned it in 'Bugs'.

Wish i could recheck that. But i deleted ~200 saves this morning including the ones where my char still was a Werewolf. 

Currents should work. A few days ago i cut it a bit too close to a waterfall. To say it was a loooong way down would be an understatement and of course i had to hit a rock formation at the bottom ('Ha, there's enough water'... 'Close, but i'll be OK'... 'O.o'... *splat*). I lost an hour of unlocks in that area.

<Insert curse of your choice here> Of course there had to be a problem...

Hide contents

Looking good…

ScreenShot236.png.1291081d79fd811572e7fa3418ba77c5.png

… not so much from the other side.

ScreenShot237.png.6eed2c34f6c0151903c33433362de3b6.png

The only good thing is that i know exactly which two mods are conflicting here. I'll check for a patch or try to contact the mod authors for a patch. Atm we can only ignore it or disable either the tree or the tent.

Yes, the creature framework does work, but I have Moonlight Tales, that brings a massive ball of hate into the equation, seems the female meshes are not included in the Moonlight Tales (like on the Oldrim version), so you had to patch it with the LaFemme stuff, which of course, isn't CBP capable, but they do work, guess I could force creature framework to work and somehow turn off the MT skin system, but I don't see a choice for it, I'll look again, wasn't honestly looking much, about to do VPN to configure a router for an install, so I'm pretty much focused on getting that done.  As for your second photo, umm, what mod is that, kind of makes a big mess out of Whiterun from the looks of it.  And how are you getting ~200 saves?

GuruSR.

By doing a lot of saves for all the tests. This morning 80+, a few hours later 60+ more, etc. Last run was an hour ago and i'm back at 15 saves again… If there are too many saves it gets harder to find the specific one you need. ?

The tree is from '3D Landscapes', the rest from 'Whiterun Valley'.

2 hours ago, Kythana said:

By doing a lot of saves for all the tests. This morning 80+, a few hours later 60+ more, etc. Last run was an hour ago and i'm back at 15 saves again… If there are too many saves it gets harder to find the specific one you need. ?

The tree is from '3D Landscapes', the rest from 'Whiterun Valley'.

Must be a setting, but I can't get more than 25, wipes out the rest.  I have Oldrim set to 99, that and would love to turn auto sprint off, that is SO annoying because you can't jump without pushing it again to jump.

GuruSR.

I might be wrong, but didn't find in your modlist a reference to Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - critical when you are experiencing fps losses when looking at fire sources (torches, braziers, fire pits), waterfalls, snow, spells, and other particle effects with any ENB running. Make sure it overwrites everything.

Sorry if you mentioned it already, but nothing on the ENB, Weather, Lighting and Skin or Improving Framerates categories.

@GuruSR

For the saves i got no idea. I didn't change anything and i don't know if there even is a setting for that. 

Check out your keybindings. You could set it up to de/activate the auto sprint with a different key.

@JRCosta

The particle patch isn't in there because it didn't do anything when i had it installed...

I assume it is in some way already integrated in NVT or RLE SRE.

43 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@JRCosta

The particle patch isn't in there because it didn't do anything when i had it installed...

I assume it is in some way already integrated in NVT or RLE.

Not sure if it is included, but just for future reference: if using ENB and looking at fire/snow/magic/ashes gives you fps drop or stuttering, get that mod. 

Keep your good work!

3 hours ago, Kythana said:

@GuruSR

For the saves i got no idea. I didn't change anything and i don't know if there even is a setting for that. 

Check out your keybindings. You could set it up to de/activate the auto sprint with a different key.

@JRCosta

I assume it is in some way already integrated in NVT or RLE SRE.

Well, perhaps it's 25 per character, that could be it, only have one.  As for the keybindings, they are set for "Sprint", but on Oldrim, there was an option to undo the "Sprint" being a toggle, because it's super annoying, sprinting and you want to jump, have to re-push that key, then jump, worse is werewolves sprinting doesn't always work, sometimes with it in the toggle mode, werewolf sprint attacks just don't fire, almost like a cooldown happened, plus after the sprint stops, the cooldown is like 3 seconds in werewolf and 1ish in player, so while that happens, you can't sprint away from a bear because of some hidden delay after sprinting over a pebble and the game wants you to wait to sprint again.

Odd, trying to get Fertility to show body changes, with the body in this list and well, nothing, tried using SLIF, NiOverride, NetImmerse and Bodymorph, nothing.  What selections do you use?

GuruSR.

Regarding the saves: there's no limit that i know of.

Spoiler

Save.png.59c044d031a1fdb6781b6977fd027339.png

For sprinting there was a mod somewhere on Nexus that changes the behaviour. Perhaps that would help you.

1 hour ago, GuruSR said:

Odd, trying to get Fertility to show body changes, with the body in this list and well, nothing, tried using SLIF, NiOverride, NetImmerse and Bodymorph, nothing.  What selections do you use?

First run Bodyslide (see the entry in 'Tips and Tricks') and use Bodymorph in the MCM. It might not be necessary but i usually also rerun FNIS to make sure that there's no problem. Then your char should be able to end up like in the pics.

Spoiler

ScreenShot146.png.b75564de7d0dd9a55a0dc7ded9be8fa4.png

ScreenShot148.png.46ab2c0fc228a05d3888f527240d943d.png

Maybe i should add that to 'Recommended Settings'...

3 hours ago, Fish0 said:

Classic Sprinting Redone makes sprint a hold instead of a toggle.

Thank you!  Gone is that annoying delay between sprinting, instantly stop sprinting and jump, then right onto sprinting.

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

First run Bodyslide (see the entry in 'Tips and Tricks') and use Bodymorph in the MCM. It might not be necessary but i usually also rerun FNIS to make sure that there's no problem. Then your char should be able to end up like in the pics.

Hide contents

Maybe i should add that to 'Recommended Settings'...

I ended up not using SLIF because it wouldn't work at all with it set that way, Bodymorphs it is, no clue what it'll look like at "9 months", but will wait and see, though I was hoping to use SLIF with it, but SLIF doesn't seem to like the Bodymorphs, or I've not got it setup exactly as it wants, either way it is working but changing methods seems to have wiped out some of the NPCs who were pregnant, no clue why, seems the recording method got lost or something, or in an update it got nuked when I added HCOS to the mix.

And while I was using AHO (google it), went to Riften and as soon as I got near Riften, massive lag, and I mean massive, like 0.5FPS and less, soon as I got near Avanchnzel, poof, vanished, went back to normal.  So, I went somewhere else, then came back, same issue but not as harsh, so I went back another day and gone, no issues at all anywhere.  Weeeeirrd.

GuruSR.

Riften is always (even in the base game) a bit strange. When you enter it, coming from the stables, there is something in direction of the palace that sometimes causes a massive drop in the FPS. I assume it is somehow connected to the weather and the lighting, but i was never able in all these years to find the cause of it.

Thinking about it. The game is now 8(?) years old and still running strong. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda would drop another edition on its 10th anniversary.

Added an entry regarding 'HDT SMP' to 'Tips and Tricks'.

Will now start a few testruns to streamline the list a bit more. It shouldn't affect anyone who followed it, so there should be no need to update the status/version of the list.

Hmmm, that's definitely the wrong picture (it is from FO4). Is there a way to select the one which will be shown?

Your guide really help me get into this whole mess call "skyrim modding", and it's really good.

But some minor problem happen to me include :

Dibella sisterhood cause game can't start.

Nimph Girl of SE can't run due to racemenu incompatible with EHC and Race compability.

The armor package is good, beautiful, but they doesn't support CBBE morphing so.... Use with caution i guess? (Frankly and Guard armor replacer)

Just some personal experience.

For 'Dibella Sisterhood':

1. check if you got all the required files.

2. use the 'DibellaSisterhood132_SSE_merged.rar' (i'll add that to the description) (done)

Now you know why it's not in the list… ?

The armor packages:

Frankly will work fine with the morphs you create for the vanilla armors.

With the guard armors i'm not sure. Getting those for the char never crossed my mind... I'll look into that (thanks for bringing it up). 

You're giving me exactly the feedback i need to improve the thread. I've been modding for so long that i sometimes overlook the problems beginners might have when they start to mod the game. ?

Ok some update on the Egg factory.

It will work, AS LONG AS you are pregnant in Fertility mode, and be able to change the size of belly (breast size is independent to this). Trying to port the 3.5 ver, but hasn't been really success since the really simple port is not working and cause Skyrim to run, but not showing up (still present in Task manager, however nothing happen.)

About those armor, i mean they work fine, but will ignore any morph you have (like pregnancy or breast inflatation) and show normal body. 

Oh and about Baddog hoodies, might want to warn ppl not to download the 8.0.3 version (which is more heavier in data than the 8.04) because it will cause CTD when loading female PC or looting female NPC.

Looks like there's no bodyslide available for the guard armors (at least on Nexus). I'll see if i can contact the author, hopefully something can be done about it...

Well, i assume that most will use the newest version anyway. Otherwise they would have to use an older version of SKSE, every other mod which requires it and an older version of the game itself. For a few weeks i had a warning in the first post regarding that as some mods hadn't been updated yet (which will return should Bethesda 'grace' us with the next 'update').

Checking atm:

Lustmord Vampire Armor                             - 2nd Version works (i still hate the cloak). Will be added.

Undies - SSE CBBE BodySlide (with Physics) - Bretons love their silk… ? Looking good, but will not be added.

Insane Cum Retexture SSE                            - Glows in the dark. Will contact author.

Spoiler

Sleeping Beauty

ScreenShot243.png.902f2a935e050bea4c02b914ea195378.png

@Sinicero

I tested those and they work fine (same as Sanguines Debauchery). But, and thats where my beef with them is, they require 'Devious Devices' and that mod got some stuff in there that imho doesn't fit into Skyrim. In FO4 you can select the things you don't want, here you can't and that makes it a no-go for me. Estrus is also a mixed bag for me - some things work fine in the setting, but most are a bit too much.

So everything that requires them will not end up in the list. Sadly that means the parasites too and that is one i really would have liked in the list...

Updating Status to 'Release 1.9.6'

REMOVED mods:

LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Weapon - not needed anymore (done)

CL's Weapon Replacer                      - not needed anymore (done)

Moved mods:
Serana no ESP                                  - same group, just moved below 'The Eyes Of Beauty SSE NPC'
(done)

Valerica SSE v1.7.2                        - same group, just moved below 'The Eyes Of Beauty SSE NPC' (done)

Added mods:

Lustmord Vampire Armor                - to 'Weapons and Armor' (done)

Vanilla Weapon Replacer SSE          - to 'Weapons and Armor' and 'Recommended Settings' (Video) (done)

You've put together a nice guide, great source of inspiration for me, thank you. :)

I wonder why Vitruvia doesn't work for you though, I never had any problems with it in my game. To me it seems more like an issue in install order/load order.

@Tiress

You're welcome ?

I didn't expect that either. But MO2 showed no problem and no matter where i put it i ran into the same problem again and again. Same with the other skin i tried and that one is from a wellknown author. 

But i'm still working on the Neisa skin and the update for Bijin. The more i learn about that stuff the better my chance to find a solution for the male skin too.

On 4/24/2019 at 1:53 AM, Kythana said:

Riften is always (even in the base game) a bit strange. When you enter it, coming from the stables, there is something in direction of the palace that sometimes causes a massive drop in the FPS. I assume it is somehow connected to the weather and the lighting, but i was never able in all these years to find the cause of it.

Thinking about it. The game is now 8(?) years old and still running strong. I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda would drop another edition on its 10th anniversary.

From how the stuttering was happening, it felt more like an engine issue where NPCs are stuck in a spot they can't get through and they're trying to path through a small area, saw that same situation on one of my mods where a bunch of NPCs were trying to path down a tunnel, bogged the game down the same way and eventually froze it, most likely they fixed the froze part for SE and it just lags it instead, probably just means to kill something nearby to stop it.  I never saw this happen on Oldrim, ever, so it is either one of the installed mods with NPCs getting trapped in too small an area for them, or some other situation where animals are trying to flee from something and they can't path out.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:07 AM, Sinicero said:
  • Ok so apparently i made the Eggfactory belly node working. All you have to do, is when doing Body slider, USE A [CBBE] body, not RS, nor anything else. It must be CBBE to be able to morph it.

So, the RS body won't morph with nodes?  That explains why SLIF wouldn't work with it without using Body Morphs, so any suggestions on a CBBE body to use instead?

GuruSR.

6 hours ago, GuruSR said:

so any suggestions on a CBBE body to use instead?

Take one which CBBE provides itself. 

Looks like i'm going full circle atm. I replaced 'Majestic Mountain' before but ran into a bug. Now 'Majestic Mountain' is in again, the bug is gone, but it looks like the quality is lower than the textures provided by '3D Landscapes'. So i'm back to look for better textures…

Cliffs of Skyrim almost fits. Its just a bit too glossy for my taste.

Spoiler

Majestic Mountains

ScreenShot244.png.4b6b64ff1e173126d84b9c10fe165dc5.png

Cliffs of Skyrim

ScreenShot245.png.dfc3a75c8db40b76e8809e02670533c5.png

ScreenShot247.png.6f265f534a50fc4c7c62607f41b0523e.png

ScreenShot248.png.f2043904c260e1a50408afc438ce4dbe.png

I really wish that mathy (we use his rocks) would do the mountains as well.

Oh, almost forgot to mention one thing. The pics were made while i had DynDOLOD deactivated. Rerunning that tool just to test a texture is way too timeconsuming.