Aylis

Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.1.8 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

58 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The answer is right there: 

1. You don't copy files around.

2. I'm using MO2 and the mod authors folders work fine with the virtual installation. So that is NOT the problem (unless you got a broken download).

I got it figured out I downloaded it and reinstalled multiple times, I think something is wrong with the fomod.  The mod folder only showed the esp file no meshes or textures. I manually downloaded it and put the meshes, textures, and calientetools in the mod folder and it is all good now.  Thanks again for your help.

There's a new mod called Open World Loot that seems like it would be a good replacement for MLU. It's supposed to keep the progressive experience by adding back leveled enemies and increasing their level cap and adding leveled loot for high level bosses and chests. It's also supposed to be compatible with mods that add armors and weapons to those lists.

It seems like the only thing you'd be losing by not using MLU is the fixed high-level drops and the unique artifacts/weapons it adds. But that might be a good thing if you don't like getting an Ebony Bow of Paralysis at level 1 or whatever OP weapon you found on the wall in some random dude's house. You also lose the changes MLU made to smithing high level gear.

I don't know how compatible it would be with this list just from the amount of MLU patches there are. The plans say that he's going to integrate the NordWarUA mods. Maybe something to look into in the future?

Just a quick question. I'm currently in the process of installing the "DynDOLOD Rescources SE". I don't see any further instructions on whether it is okay or not, to choose all or some of the options in the FOMOD installer.

Would somebody be kind enough to clarify, what i have to do here.

Thank you

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.c913e4fecad26a5c7fa0f40fc2e89a23.png

On a further note. On the modpage of DynDOLOD there are installation instructions. And i'm unsure what to do with them. Do i strictly follow the guide and just install DynDOLOD rescources SE and the other parts of the "installation" will be handled later in the guide? Or do i need to follow the Installation steps as shown in the picture below.

I'm confused.

Spoiler

grafik.png.15940c34e4fc97ac8543309001ec64a8.png

@ddfde

I'd have to rework a big chunk of the list for that mod...

@Mittelat

1. How about the option 'pick whatever you want'? Unless i add specific instructions for the complicated mods (or the optimal choices) the options are up to you.

2. You follow his instructions and get 2D trees for the LOD - or you use mine and get 3D ones.

9 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@ddfde

@Mittelat

1. How about the option 'pick whatever you want'? Unless i add specific instructions for the complicated mods (or the optimal choices) the options are up to you.

2. You follow his instructions and get 2D trees for the LOD - or you use mine and get 3D ones.

Thank you for the clarfication.

It may seem obvious but i just want to make sure. Do i need the Riften Dock Overhaul 1.5.1 fix for DynDOLOD? It isn't mentioned in the guide.

Spoiler

grafik.png.ff378f71beaca5a9a14526ac2faa36ad.png

@Aylis Ok so uhh, im having a bit of a really weird problem, for some reason i get teleported to the last door (as in, skyrim>interior/interior>skyrim) when i use some interaction objects (open a chest, speak to a kid, open a trapdoor on some location, oopen a door that should lead to a place.. and a lot more))

For example i tried to talk to one of the kids on Witherun (Battleborn! Give me your money!) and as soon as i did my screen went black (as in a short load screen) and got placed like if i just entered witherun.  This can happen with chests, random doors, satchels, a bag somewhere.

I have no clue what its going on, and the friend who recomended me this topic dont know.

I dont even know where to start looking.

Its game breaking since i can see this softlocking me out of the game, if it was just a minor bug (like the weird flotating campfire on MaraTemple on riften) i would ignore it, but i cant with this. 

Help, please!

Edit: Yeah, im softlocked out of the game, i cant leave a dungeon since when i open the exit door it loads and then places me at the entrace of said dungeon, i literally cant leave. 

I found the cause aften 3 hours of looking around, and you may want to check it since it seems common: image.png.c6a8d0abb49b7dbc655270ee2ccd18b3.png

Its from the mod i shared a few days ago: Immersive Interactions - Animated Actions, the mod author just updated the mod as read avobe, but i checked with a few friends also using the guide and as soon as they installed the version of the mod that im currently using they the same bug as me, you may want to keep an eye on that. A good way to test it its walking around in Windhelm, almost all the stores for me had that bug but i thought that it was related to another mod that i got rid of, so i pay no mind.
i will update to the newest ver and check how it goes

Update: It is fixed as far as i can tell with the new update, im used an already existing save but so far after using commands to tp everywhere and interact with everything all seems fine

2: This is a straight forward question:

Spoiler

image.png.e135363a46347b2e637dc7cb4b17dfda.png

In the MCM of Dyndolod, can i change this parameters? I have a nuclear reactor pc so i dont care THAT MUCH about performance.. as long as its not unplayable/extremely laggy, i would like to see the trees as good as possible even from really far away, what do you recommend that dont melts the game btu also looks nicer? crank all to max, some middle point? same goes for the vanilla in-game settings (actor fade, grass fade, etc) i have the vanilla ones as you posted on the guide, but can i change them aswell? (i have a 3080) 

One last thing, TK Dodge SE dont works for me: i keep hitting the buton (L Alt on mcm) and the stamina drains so it should work, yet my character stays there like i did nothing, the page of the mod says that if you are using MO2 it should be installed manually coping the files into skyrim data folder, should i do it or it could break my game? how did you got it to work properly? (yes, i did tick the box on FNIS)

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

I get it. I do think it might be a more flexible loot/encounter system once the author gets it to where he wants.

I like what MLU does, but man it does get a little boring when you get to level 30+ and most dungeons are just easy. And it's hard to stop from going to known daedric gear drops before level 10.

I've been going back and forth between using MLU's vanilla encounter zone add-on with Arena and Encounter Zones Unlocked to raise difficulty or by using EZU with MLU's Encounter Zone Update. The last one does make endgame harder while keeping MLU's difficulty but it also removes combat zones for most enemies which is... not desirable IMO.