Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis Ok so uhh, im having a bit of a really weird problem, for some reason i get teleported to the last door (as in, skyrim>interior/interior>skyrim) when i use some interaction objects (open a chest, speak to a kid, open a trapdoor on some location, oopen a door that should lead to a place.. and a lot more))

For example i tried to talk to one of the kids on Witherun (Battleborn! Give me your money!) and as soon as i did my screen went black (as in a short load screen) and got placed like if i just entered witherun.  This can happen with chests, random doors, satchels, a bag somewhere.

I have no clue what its going on, and the friend who recomended me this topic dont know.

I dont even know where to start looking.

Its game breaking since i can see this softlocking me out of the game, if it was just a minor bug (like the weird flotating campfire on MaraTemple on riften) i would ignore it, but i cant with this. 

Help, please!

Edit: Yeah, im softlocked out of the game, i cant leave a dungeon since when i open the exit door it loads and then places me at the entrace of said dungeon, i literally cant leave. 

I found the cause aften 3 hours of looking around, and you may want to check it since it seems common: image.png.c6a8d0abb49b7dbc655270ee2ccd18b3.png

Its from the mod i shared a few days ago: Immersive Interactions - Animated Actions, the mod author just updated the mod as read avobe, but i checked with a few friends also using the guide and as soon as they installed the version of the mod that im currently using they the same bug as me, you may want to keep an eye on that. A good way to test it its walking around in Windhelm, almost all the stores for me had that bug but i thought that it was related to another mod that i got rid of, so i pay no mind.
i will update to the newest ver and check how it goes

Update: It is fixed as far as i can tell with the new update, im used an already existing save but so far after using commands to tp everywhere and interact with everything all seems fine

2: This is a straight forward question:

Spoiler

image.png.e135363a46347b2e637dc7cb4b17dfda.png

In the MCM of Dyndolod, can i change this parameters? I have a nuclear reactor pc so i dont care THAT MUCH about performance.. as long as its not unplayable/extremely laggy, i would like to see the trees as good as possible even from really far away, what do you recommend that dont melts the game btu also looks nicer? crank all to max, some middle point? same goes for the vanilla in-game settings (actor fade, grass fade, etc) i have the vanilla ones as you posted on the guide, but can i change them aswell? (i have a 3080) 

One last thing, TK Dodge SE dont works for me: i keep hitting the buton (L Alt on mcm) and the stamina drains so it should work, yet my character stays there like i did nothing, the page of the mod says that if you are using MO2 it should be installed manually coping the files into skyrim data folder, should i do it or it could break my game? how did you got it to work properly? (yes, i did tick the box on FNIS)

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

I'd have to rework a big chunk of the list for that mod...

I get it. I do think it might be a more flexible loot/encounter system once the author gets it to where he wants.

I like what MLU does, but man it does get a little boring when you get to level 30+ and most dungeons are just easy. And it's hard to stop from going to known daedric gear drops before level 10.

I've been going back and forth between using MLU's vanilla encounter zone add-on with Arena and Encounter Zones Unlocked to raise difficulty or by using EZU with MLU's Encounter Zone Update. The last one does make endgame harder while keeping MLU's difficulty but it also removes combat zones for most enemies which is... not desirable IMO.

On 5/12/2021 at 12:15 PM, Aylis said:

Modders must pay close attention to keeping patches and variants just below the last esp patched, regardless of what the great tool Sync Plugins has done.

That is already part of 'Installation'.

Well, it is and it really isn't.  Nowhere is SLOP's default behavior mentioned.  There are many instances of unspecified assumptions in these build instructions, like the above instance of Mittelat's question - maybe it should be mentioned in a guide for - beginners.  This forum could be 125 pages shorter if the front  page had two simple files: loadorder.txt and loadorder-wOpts.txt.  Because installation order never = load order, it merely prescribes a basis for load order, and there's many a slip twixt cup and lip.  Why not think of a load order list as a checksum?

I fully respect the insane amount of work that goes into building, maintaining and, hopefully, even getting to play a fully vetted, stable build like this, and I thank you for that.  This is a very interesting build that makes some interesting choices not seen in others I've done.  I prefer some of them to Lexy's.  But, if it says beginner in the title, there's no reason not to see that as part of the mission statement and Beginners need ABC=123.

(Just so you know: the first screenshot Reveal under Installation is missing SkyUI_SE.esp among the masters.)

Really hope this comes across in the spirit of improvement as that's all that's intended -

Cheers

16 minutes ago, fritzfried said:

Well, it is and it really isn't.  Nowhere is SLOP's default behavior mentioned.  There are many instances of unspecified assumptions in these build instructions, like the above instance of Mittelat's question - maybe it should be mentioned in a guide for - beginners.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, Aylis said:

1. I always install the mods in the same order they are listed. At the end, when everything is installed i manually move the ESM to the top (while keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch.

I think that's what Aylis means. It's written in the first step of the Installation post (3rd reply in the thread). So it's here.

And I know, guides to mod this game are a lot. Plenty of information available yet limited time and attention span to consume it all. But it is possible, and if still in doubt posting is free.

@Aylis

Thank your for the answer. It may sem obvious to you, but i just want to be sure ;)

Also i'm currently at the "ADVANCED" Nemesis and FNIS for creatures Part.

In your instructions you wirte the following.

"1. Install Nemesis just below FNIS (but DON'T activate the mod yet!)"

Did i understand it right, that my Load order needs to look like this, before i procceed with Step 2?

- FNIS

- Nemesis

- FNIS for Creatures

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.0e28f8dd2ba8f8b0da5c5a507f620dd4.png

8 hours ago, Just Don't said:

I think that's what Aylis means.

Look, I really don't want to make a big thing out of this : nowhere is there a simple warning to beginners (like the previous post) that every time you use SLOP it throws same-source esps into alphabetic order and out of mod priority.  It's a simple thing, and shouting doesn't change it.  And, if Mittelat had a LO.txt, he might be playing the game, juust sayin'...

I'll shut up now, thank you all for a unique build.

31 minutes ago, Mittelat said:

@Aylis

Did i understand it right, that my Load order needs to look like this, before i procceed with Step 2?

- FNIS

- Nemesis

- FNIS for Creatures

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.thumb.png.0e28f8dd2ba8f8b0da5c5a507f620dd4.png

Hi Mittelat, Nemesis comes after the two FNIS mods

1 hour ago, fritzfried said:

Hi Mittelat, Nemesis comes after the two FNIS mods

Thank fritzfried,

so i followed the steps. Did i do it right? Another thing i'm unsure about is the following.

While following the instructions we need to create two output "mods", one for FNIS and one for NEMESIS.

At the FINAL of the guide, we need to create two "override" mods. Those are two different things, right?

So i first have to create the two outputs for FNIS/NEMESIS under the Phsysic and Animation part, and then at the very end of the guide, we create two new "override" mods. Is that correct?

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.5db40631b6330d77fd56419f56944502.png

Spoiler

grafik.png.3f99d3af543e84fc11af1501e9d36869.png

32 minutes ago, Mittelat said:

Thank fritzfried,

so i followed the steps. Did i do it right? Another thing i'm unsure about is the following.

While following the instructions we need to create two output "mods", one for FNIS and one for NEMESIS.

At the FINAL of the guide, we need to create two "override" mods. Those are two different things, right?

So i first have to create the two outputs for FNIS/NEMESIS under the Phsysic and Animation part, and then at the very end of the guide, we create two new "override" mods. Is that correct?

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.thumb.png.5db40631b6330d77fd56419f56944502.png

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.3f99d3af543e84fc11af1501e9d36869.png

Actually, it's just one each.  In your second screenshot just keep the two 'Output' named files and you can delete the Creature file too if that was an empty mod created from Overwrite.

Also keep in mind you'll have other Output files there in your lower left pane and their order will be important.  (optional: MCM.json Save Profiles, .Net Logs), FNIS logs) but basically: FNIS, Nemesis, Bodyslide, Bashed Patch, xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD, Occlusion, then of course Overwrite, is the way I have them.  I'd ignore most of the optional stuff until you're actually up and running the game.  Good Luck!

1 hour ago, fritzfried said:

Looking more closely at your first screenshot, it's not clear how many Output files you've made.  There should be only one FNIS Output and one Nemesis Output and they should both be placed at the bottom of the left pane.

FNIS Output (Step 3) and Nemesis Output (Step 8 ) are both made from the overwrite folder, as stated in the instructions.

Spoiler

grafik.png.b31eccda281f35c1ad4990c9150416e8.png

For a better understanding i marked the mod's (actual tools) red. As stated in the guide and Load Order, see the parts which i underlined red. And the outputs i created from the instructions, in picture above, blue.

Spoiler

grafik.thumb.png.e134fd9b4b7b17ba65256914ecfb3cab.png

Spoiler

grafik.png.9ddc8389b0bebbbed111ab1c0adba9fe.png

I have not yet reached the FINAL part of the guide. I'm currently at the last point of Physics and Animation. And upon reading i followed the instructions in post #3. Or was that just an reminder and not an acutal request to follow the instructions immediatley. Sorry for the many questions. I'm a bit at loss here.

Spoiler

grafik.png.b4db5966424589ec3259f51191093690.png

So my question is, at what point exactly to i follow the instructions in posts #3?

1 hour ago, Mittelat said:

I have not yet reached the FINAL part of the guide. I'm currently at the last point of Physics and Animation. And upon reading i followed the instructions in post #3. Or was that just an reminder and not an acutal request to follow the instructions immediatley. Sorry for the many questions. I'm a bit at loss here.

Reveal hidden contents

grafik.png.b4db5966424589ec3259f51191093690.png

So my question is, at what point exactly to i follow the instructions in posts #3?

You have to follow the instructions in post #3 once you're done installing all mods. You need to understand that FNIS and Nemesis create the behaviour files that allow the animations to work in game. So that you have to run them once all your mods are loaded, just in case there are mods after those that you have already installed that contain animations that need FNIS or Nemesis to work. 

So, install everything to the end of the list. Then, at the end of the list, it comes where you have to put FNIS Output and Nemesis Output. It is then when you have to run both programs the way Aylis says. They go at the end of everything and before the Bashed Patch (which have to be created after FNIS Output and Nemesis Output). Once you're done with the Bashed Patch, then you run XLODgen, Dyndolod and the Occlusion patch.

In short, install every mod in the list. Once you're done, run the tools (FNIS, Nemesis, Wrye Bash, XLODGen and Dyndolod) the way Aylis has shown.

I hope I make sense.?

4 hours ago, Mittelat said:

On 3/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, Aylis said:

Installation

The most important thing first: DO NOT CHANGE THE LOADORDER WITH LOOT!

With that out of the way the Installation is quite forward:

1. I always install the mods in the same order they are listed. At the end, when everything is installed i manually move the ESM to the top (while keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch.

Reveal hidden contents

ESM.jpg.1f47595aaed3038f33bcf49efd51772e.jpg

2. Then come the last few steps. Creating the bodyslides, FNIS, Nemesis, the bashed patch and at last DynDOLOD. The ESP from DynDOLOD always have to be at the bottom of your load order.

Right now not a single animation for LL would work for you as you've run FNIS and Nemesis before everything (in this case every animation) is installed. 

Has anyone here heard of or tried Wabbajack?

It's an automated modlist installer, I've seen it mentioned a few times on reddit. Theoritically, Aylis could simply export their modlist configuration to Wabbajack and anyone else could download and install it automatically. It basically clones an install, but with the mods loaded and still being able to add things and move mods around.

Wabbajack can be a trap, you can't expect to blindly throw hundred of mods to the game and have it work flawlessly. Following this guide gives you at least some basics about fomods, xedit and other tools and an idea of what you're installing and why.

25 minutes ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Has anyone here heard of or tried Wabbajack?

Yes, and it still completely disregards the copyrights of the OA.

So my answer is still a big fat NO when it comes to this tool! No matter how often this pops up...

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Yes, and it still completely disregards the copyrights of the OA.

So my answer is still a big fat NO when it comes to this tool! No matter how often this pops up...

Thank you for the quick answer. I did use the search engine in this thread before posting, but I swear it returned no results. Now it's returning lots of results, maybe it bugged out? Sorry about that, I really thought I was the first one to ask lol

1 hour ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Thank you for the quick answer. To be fair though, I did use the search engine in this thread before posting, but I swear it returned no results. Now it's returning lots of results, maybe it bugged out? Sorry about that, I really thought I was the first one to ask lol

Not to you Maltodaxtrin, but just so beginners know, the LL search box has always been a thing of, well, un-beauty  :)

Better to use google's [ keywds ] site:https//(forum first page, copy address).    no spaces around the colon

...unless someone has a better answer.   Search first or suffer the wrath.

Hey guys! I'm going through your list and I love what you are all doing. Much respect! ?

Have you tried Skyrim Unbound Reborn? lts like a combo of ASLAL and Timing is Everything with extra options like: starting locations, equipment, gold, etc. It also has options to delay and even suppress dragon spawning and to learn dragon shouts without using dragon souls.

Bathing in Skyrim got removed at some point (big sad?). Is Keep it Clean better script-wise? Maybe another mod?

1 hour ago, unnameable said:

Hey guys! I'm going through your list and I love what you are all doing. Much respect! ?

Have you tried Skyrim Unbound Reborn? lts like a combo of ASLAL and Timing is Everything with extra options like: starting locations, equipment, gold, etc. It also has options to delay and even suppress dragon spawning and to learn dragon shouts without using dragon souls.

Bathing in Skyrim got removed at some point (big sad?). Is Keep it Clean better script-wise? Maybe another mod?

Also, the Keep it Clean Widget is still on the list, is there another mod that uses it?

Ehh Dirt and Blood basically replaces both Bathing in Skyrim and Keep it clean the only difference is that Dirt and blood does not include any showers in inns like keep it clean does.

21 minutes ago, milankovalcik said:

Ehh Dirt and Blood basically replaces both Bathing in Skyrim and Keep it clean the only difference is that Dirt and blood does not include any showers in inns like keep it clean does.

Point taken! I should have read more into this. With so many mods, details are easy to miss.