Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Hello I just started having an issue with lighting. It looks like there's some weird filter or something, but everything seems to be too bright and washed out. It appears only inside dungeons as far as I can tell.  This hasn't happened for weeks playing with these mods and just started happening when I made a new character.  Any thoughts on what I can do to fix it would be appreciated.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.45051af0130b936adc0606db2501410a.jpeg

Spoiler

image.jpeg.47bfc3e3c66a12be303b021c13963a83.jpeg

Would be cool if you could mark more files in the OP as optional so we get an idea of which mods have a big impact and which are small additions. I've been hitting the esp cap pretty hard after installing a few additional armors, tweaks and animations - and in the cleanup noticed that many esp in the list would just upscale textures for a single item or stuff like that.

But I'm hesitant to change too much stuff around this deep into my playthrough as im not sure which ones are superfluous and which ones might actually break stuff

Essentially what would be cool would be a basic framework that contains the big stuff (ENB, Dyndolod, Big texture packs...) and its dependencies and let's us decide if there's room for that high res Meridias Beacon etc ;)

@Folgar

I can only think of two pssibilities:

1. the ENB or Reshade 'broke'. Reinstalling them might help.

2. a mod pushes a message that you have to confirm but, for whatever reason, doesn't get shown. 

@Hamakabula

The ones that have already been flagged are the ones i can live without. The rest is there to give you a consistant look so nothing sticks out like a sore thumb.

What i might do later is to look for ESP that can be flagged as ESL (in FO4 i got the number for ESM/ESP down from 241 to 200).

8 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Folgar

I can only think of two pssibilities:

1. the ENB or Reshade 'broke'. Reinstalling them might help.

2. a mod pushes a message that you have to confirm but, for whatever reason, doesn't get shown. 

@Hamakabula

The ones that have already been flagged are the ones i can live without. The rest is there to give you a consistant look so nothing sticks out like a sore thumb.

What i might do later is to look for ESP that can be flagged as ESL (in FO4 i got the number for ESM/ESP down from 241 to 200).

I re-installed the enb and shaders but that didn't seem to do anything.  I started a new game and now everything is fine must have been a mod message error like you said.

Is it possible to make Wrye Bash set certain ESP files to ESL? Wrye Bash is showing me which ESPs that's compatible with ESL. Or will it make a lot of errors?

I was thinking of maybe also run SD+, Simple Slavery and some slavery mods, but I got only six more spots for ESP.

@Aylis

Is it possible to use your mod list with a german game installation? As long as i find german translations for the mods, it shouldn't be a problem right? I've seen in your profile that your are from germany. If it isn't possible did you ever play the game in german, and if so did you mod it? What were your expierences?

Even though i can understand english, i would prefer a german version of my game.

7 hours ago, Aragwath said:

Is it possible to make Wrye Bash set certain ESP files to ESL? Wrye Bash is showing me which ESPs that's compatible with ESL. Or will it make a lot of errors?

I was thinking of maybe also run SD+, Simple Slavery and some slavery mods, but I got only six more spots for ESP.

Personally, I use  SSEEdit, but check this out for all the gory do and don't details:

ESLify (A Guide to ESL Flag Your Plugins And Maintain Your Plugin Limit)

@Mittelat

Possible? Yes. Recommended? No. Das kann gewaltig nach hinten losgehen... ;)

With the small stuff (textures, meshes, etc) there will be no problem. Anything else, and especially bigger mods (for items, quests), can cause issues if they arn't translated properly. Also you're then usually limiting your choice of available mods.

There's a reason why i only play games in english. Way less hassle with mods and don't get me started on the usual quality of translations...

@fritzfried No idea how I missed that, but I don't think it matters. The animations for Equipment Idles trigger when you have a weapon drawn, and the animations for Sky Idles trigger when they aren't. The same holds true for both of the Smooth mods (they both use the same DAR animation designations) and they seem to work fine together. If you ever notice one not running, you can rename the folders, but I don't think it's necessary.

@Aragwath Papyrus logs aren't crash logs. They really aren't helpful for finding the reason for a crash. Is happening around a certain action or location?

@maltodaxtrin I would also disable FOV in the ENB menu. It drops it by 3-5 FPS and makes it look worse IMO. Maybe Ambient Occlusion too.

(Unrelated - I wish Capcom knew that disabling FOV in RE8 meant to actually disable the ****ing FOV.)

@Jessica_Degurechaff *squeal* Yeah, I'm definitely checking that out. Looks like the old Animations mod but way more modern. Thanks!

Having an issue with Better Vampires and this mod list, seems the feeding is not counting (moved BV as low as can on load list as well) Is there anything in this loadlist that conflicts with Better Vampires?

P.s. I've spent a couple hours combing through this thread to see if it's been addressed before with no luck so asking now. Any help would be appreciated.

loadorder.txt

It seems like something broke my character's SMP physics in my game.

When I start a new game, I sleep and spawn in an inn and the physics work flawlessly. But when I load my game, my character's physics are.... janky suddenly. Like the breasts will sway smoothly and then there's a random jiggle in a weird direction. And another one. Or the butt will start having random spasms.

I tried the exact same animations (GSPose02) with the exact same character preset & bodyslide preset in a new game and no such problem. It's like there's a saved, corrupted physics setting somewhere in my save. I tried switching from CBPC to SMP back and forth but it doesn't help.

Is there any way around that beside starting a new game? Maybe there's a file I can delete somewhere or reset to its vanilla settings? I use this load order's physics mods and nothing else. Thanks!

Edit : only seems to affect the 3BBB body or 3BBB/3BA outfits, not vanilla outfit physics so it has something to do with 3BBB/3BA physics.

I uploaded a video to show the problem. It doesn't happen in a brand new save game

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Malignus

Nope, there isn't (BV is one of my favourites and always in my LO). Recheck the settings in the MCM.

it's saying that "NOT using Better Vampires Scripts" which the mod author says normally means another mod is conflicting, the only thing I can think that I added outside the mod list here with scripts is the Nether's Follwers Framework.

It seems that the Ebony Edge weapon replacer has disappeared from the list. I did a quick search of the thread and didn't find any mention of it being removed.

Maybe it was mysteriously replaced by the Silver Edge, of which I could also not find any mentions about being added!

I assume Simply Elegant Ebony Weapons replaced it, just couldn't find a post about it. Is that correct?

8 hours ago, Maligus said:

it's saying that "NOT using Better Vampires Scripts" which the mod author says normally means another mod is conflicting, the only thing I can think that I added outside the mod list here with scripts is the Nether's Follwers Framework.

Just a wild thought, did you extract your .bsa's into loose files?  You generally shouldn't unless you have a specific overwrite you need to occur.  If you did, you might find the conflict (in red) by drilling down through the Data tab.  Otherwise, ignore this...

Hi all I'm looking for some help troubleshooting,

So I recently came across this really nice guide (thanks Aylis!) and have been following it.
I've finished installing everything and done the Bashed Patch, installed ini files and DynDOLOD Oututs. however my game will CTD on startup.

So what happens is:

1. I launch SKSE from Mod Organizer.
  2. I get a black screen with text on the top left saying
    "ENBSeries compiling shaders, please wait.
    Set ShaderCache=true in the enblocal.ini to reduce compilation time after first build of cache.
    Also enable shader caching in video driver setting."
  3. The game then loads, I see the Main Menu background very faintly for a couple seconds then it crashes to desktop.

I've tried multiple fixes, alternating between true and false for ShaderCache, making sure shader caching is enabled in video driver, disabling optional mods, making sure Steam Overlay is disabled etc. but nothing seems to work. My load order is in accordance to the modlist and I've moved .esm and .esp files where they should be.

I have a feeling it's probably ENB that's causing this issue.

It'd be appreciated if someone could help.

ModList.txt

40 minutes ago, fritzfried said:

Just a wild thought, did you extract your .bsa's into loose files?  You generally shouldn't unless you have a specific overwrite you need to occur.  If you did, you might find the conflict (in red) by drilling down through the Data tab.  Otherwise, ignore this...

nope, just installed with nexus, not finding any conflicts either to manage involving BV

1 hour ago, Lycentious said:

Hi all I'm looking for some help troubleshooting,

So I recently came across this really nice guide (thanks Aylis!) and have been following it.
I've finished installing everything and done the Bashed Patch, installed ini files and DynDOLOD Oututs. however my game will CTD on startup.

So what happens is:

1. I launch SKSE from Mod Organizer.
  2. I get a black screen with text on the top left saying
    "ENBSeries compiling shaders, please wait.
    Set ShaderCache=true in the enblocal.ini to reduce compilation time after first build of cache.
    Also enable shader caching in video driver setting."
  3. The game then loads, I see the Main Menu background very faintly for a couple seconds then it crashes to desktop.

I've tried multiple fixes, alternating between true and false for ShaderCache, making sure shader caching is enabled in video driver, disabling optional mods, making sure Steam Overlay is disabled etc. but nothing seems to work. My load order is in accordance to the modlist and I've moved .esm and .esp files where they should be.

I have a feeling it's probably ENB that's causing this issue.

It'd be appreciated if someone could help.

ModList.txt 29.42 kB · 0 downloads

What exactly is "SKSE output"? DynDOLOD (ambiant occlusion) should always be last.

Anyway, what you should have done is first install Aylis' mod list and only that mod list, like I did. I see that you installed a ton of additional mods, which can bring instability problems.

I assume you're using Mod Organizer 2? If yes, untick everything, then tick back on only what's in the official list and in the right order (make sure the ESP/ESL/ESM are in the proper order too as stated in the installation instructions), then try it again. Re-do all the patches including DynDOLOD. Make sure FNIS/Nemesis/Wrye Bash don't throw out errors too (well, apart from the expected ones as stated in the instructions)

8 minutes ago, maltodaxtrin said:

What exactly is "SKSE output"? DynDOLOD (ambiant occlusion) should always be last.

Anyway, what you should have done is first install Aylis' mod list and only that mod list, like I did. I see that you installed a ton of additional mods, which can bring instability problems.

I assume you're using Mod Organizer 2? If yes, untick everything, then tick back on only what's in the official list and in the right order (make sure the ESP/ESL/ESM are in the proper order too as stated in the installation instructions), then try it again. Re-do all the patches including DynDOLOD. Make sure FNIS/Nemesis/Wrye Bash don't throw out errors too (well, apart from the expected ones as stated in the instructions)

@maltodaxtrinthanks for your reply!

Yep! Already did all you suggested and the same thing still occurs.
The SKSE Output was to contain all the Overwrite folders being created by SKSE whenever I launched the game. Was told to do that while I was searching for fixes. Is there a better method?

Been working on multiple fixes the past few hours, will probably start from scratch :(

10 minutes ago, Lycentious said:

@maltodaxtrinthanks for your reply!

Yep! Already did all you suggested and the same thing still occurs.
The SKSE Output was to contain all the Overwrite folders being created by SKSE whenever I launched the game. Was told to do that while I was searching for fixes. Is there a better method?

Been working on multiple fixes the past few hours, will probably start from scratch :(

Damn that's unfortunate. Make sure you go back to the early steps, like the installation of SKSE and other plugins since some of them are installed outside of MO2 and thus, more sensitive to human errors. Re-check that those were installed correctly. Delete ENB and re-install it in the Skyrim folder, things like that (it can't really get any worse anyway, your game CTD on start)

edit: also try starting from scratch with this guide and see if your game works :

20 minutes ago, maltodaxtrin said:

Damn that's unfortunate. Make sure you go back to the early steps, like the installation of SKSE and other plugins since some of them are installed outside of MO2 and thus, more sensitive to human errors. Re-check that those were installed correctly. Delete ENB and re-install it in the Skyrim folder, things like that (it can't really get any worse anyway, your game CTD on start)

edit: also try starting from scratch with this guide and see if your game works :

@maltodaxtrin thank you so much for your help!

If you have any solutions to the SKSE Overwrite files do let me know!

Now I have a lot of installing to do.. xD

2 hours ago, Lycentious said:

The game then loads, I see the Main Menu background very faintly for a couple seconds then it crashes to desktop.

That happens when a plugin is missing a master, you have a .bsa file from an oldrim mod or a bad SKSE plugin.

First case is easy to check: click on the warning sign at the top right in MO window, if there are missing masters they will be reported in the window that opens.

Old bsa archives are a bit more difficult to spot, an LE mod from nexus will have a little icon: image.png.7c7d45db9401236be831692ffd79a9e2.png, check those mods and extract then delete any bsa files in them.  

If it is a bad SKSE plugin you can find it by the crash log: after the game crashes you will find in overwrite a NetScriptFramework\Crash\Crash_<time and date>.txt file, the first line in that file tells you what crashed like this:

Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF6BFCF9625 (badplugin.dll+C59625) on thread 19968!

if it says "SkyrimSE.exe" then it's not the case.

18 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Mittelat

Possible? Yes. Recommended? No. Das kann gewaltig nach hinten losgehen... ;)

With the small stuff (textures, meshes, etc) there will be no problem. Anything else, and especially bigger mods (for items, quests), can cause issues if they arn't translated properly. Also you're then usually limiting your choice of available mods.

There's a reason why i only play games in english. Way less hassle with mods and don't get me started on the usual quality of translations...

Danke dir für die Antwort. Meine Englischkentnisse habenseit ich aus der Schule raus bin abgebaut :/. Ich habe Skyrim bisher nur ca. 80 Stunden gespielt und die Hauptquest noch nicht beendet. Ich möchte bei meinem ersten richtigem Playthrough von Skyrim einfach ein perfekts Erlebnis haben.

Würdest du jemanden wie mir deine Modlisten überhaupt an emfpehlen, wenn man das Spiel zum ersten mal durschpielen will?