Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

8 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

image.png.998e360167d945a8cac5405b2bbcf7be.png

Yeah, i did mentioned if you feel that your load order has no issues and has exhausted all possible 'solutions' to the best of your ability you can try this mod.

Face Discoloration Fix https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42441

No, you started with load order after I specifically said it wasn't a load order issue, and slapped a half ass fix to the end of it. I'm looking for constructive ideas on how to resolve the issue, not a half-assed band-aid solution after a 'reminder' that it could be a load order problem. 

6 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

1460428795_00header.jpg.17f4dc8ee088babb936ca9030432fdc4.jpg
Exactly! i mean @asebw did mentioned that they encountered the dreaded  ''strange and bizarre reason ... one that is obscure enough that MO2 isn't finding it'' scenario.

Not only that, but during testing, I also realized that something is making the game at least 5X darker than it should be, to the point where you can't see more than a few feet in front of you even with a torch out. Currently going through my mod list piece by piece to try and see what could be causing these issues. 

11 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

Rats!  I've suddenly begun getting the "doesn't recognize SKSE" message!  Steam was set not to update SSE unless I launched it, so I'm not sure what's going on.

There was no update.

Have you set an exception for Skyrim and MO2 in your AV? Thats more likely to cause the issue.

20 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

Rats!  I've suddenly begun getting the "doesn't recognize SKSE" message!  Steam was set not to update SSE unless I launched it, so I'm not sure what's going on.

There hasn't been an update to skyrim in a while now. Sounds like something might be wonky with SKSE itself. Did you add any new mods? 

1 hour ago, asebw said:

Not only that, but during testing, I also realized that something is making the game at least 5X darker than it should be, to the point where you can't see more than a few feet in front of you even with a torch out. Currently going through my mod list piece by piece to try and see what could be causing these issues. 

I think it's cathedral weather mod that causes very dark night even with enb off.

1 hour ago, asebw said:

No, you started with load order after I specifically said it wasn't a load order issue, and slapped a half ass fix to the end of it. I'm looking for constructive ideas on how to resolve the issue, not a half-assed band-aid solution after a 'reminder' that it could be a load order problem. 

I think you misunderstood what i meant, i never said you didn't follow the load order,  but no biggie, now we also know its not just the 'dreaded' black face issue which stems from FaceGen errors you have encountered and your 'game at least 5X darker than it should be'  ^^'

17 minutes ago, asebw said:

Possible, but it's also pitch black at around 6pm, which I am pretty sure is not standard

Thats what i had with Obsidian. Cathedral weathers should have fixed that...

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

There was no update.

Have you set an exception for Skyrim and MO2 in your AV? Thats more likely to cause the issue.

First, I turned off the Firewall.  I checked exclusions; my MO2 folder was already there; I added the folder with my SSE files, but that didn't help either.  MO2 is not reading the presence of SKSE.

37 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Thats what i had with Obsidian. Cathedral weathers should have fixed that...

Yeah, I think it may be my reshade. I updated reshade and changed to the velvet preset and it's looking better. Though I think that storms at night are still going to be dark as hell ><. But if that's the only really dark time, that I can work with.

Just got to finish narrowing down the blackface issue. 

Edit: Think there might also be something else contributing, If I did indeed find the source of the black face.

57 minutes ago, ralchemilla said:

I think you misunderstood what i meant, i never said you didn't follow the load order,  but no biggie, now we also know its not just the 'dreaded' black face issue which stems from FaceGen errors you have encountered and your 'game at least 5X darker than it should be'  ^^'

No, you just gave a response that was tantamount to the same crap I used to get when I tried calling rogers for tech support that I didn't really need, but had to go through so they could fix the actual problem. What you may have intended fell quite far from your execution. 

11 minutes ago, Aylis said:

SKSE should be in Skyrim. ;)

So the folder for Skyrim should be excepted too.

I did that.  It made no difference.  I'm thinking it might be an MO2 issue.  I have another modlist for SSE downloaded through Wabbajack.  That, of course, is tied to the same Skyrim SE folder.  It works fine.  Only the MO2 tied to my "Aylis list" is acting weird.

23 minutes ago, asebw said:

Interesting. This is the link from the see conversion tracking list. Not sure where the link you have came from. 

Looks like that one was from a very old conversion.

@boinboinhime

Thanks. Updating the link. Done

49 minutes ago, XardiusIV said:

Hello, is anyone having issues with bows floating way off their characters backs?

That is, sort of, Bethesda normal. Check the settings in XPMSSE to change that behaviour. It will never be completely gone but at least improved.

On a quite funny note: 'Diamond Skin' is almost identical to my 'Aylis Skin'. It even got the same changes to the vampire textures i did in one of my first versions.

1 hour ago, rodrigo2 said:

I did that.  It made no difference.  I'm thinking it might be an MO2 issue.  I have another modlist for SSE downloaded through Wabbajack.  That, of course, is tied to the same Skyrim SE folder.  It works fine.  Only the MO2 tied to my "Aylis list" is acting weird.

Solved problem; something very, very stupid on my part!  Oh well...

@rodrigo2 Nvidia drivers can definitely cause issues with flickering, though from your description I wouldn't have guessed that is what it was. But good that it was and that it's resolved. I use the Xbox game overlay thing to record video from in-game. If you're using an Xbox One controller, it's the home button in the center of the controller. No idea what it is for everything else. The video recorder doesn't darken everything, unlike the snapshot feature, which makes screenshots much darker. And never been afraid to ask questions, that's what the thread is for.

Usual apologies up front, I'm almost sure I've seen this issue mentioned but I can't find it now.

I build my body in bodyslide (new preset, slightly modified Wrong Body), the usual tweaking to get things just right. Then I build 3BBB body, outfits, armors by group, batched with morphs, and drop the meshes from overwrite into bodyslide mod.

In game outfits and armors look right, but the nude body has a serious case of torpedo tits. Not at all what I thought I was building.

Where's my most likely screw up?

40 minutes ago, Belva said:

In game outfits and armors look right, but the nude body has a serious case of torpedo tits. Not at all what I thought I was building.

Thats the skeleton and/or physics having an issue. Check the bugs section for my physics entry.