Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@dWarden18

1. You run the 'Bashed Patch' and keep it activated.

2. Then you run Dyndolod.

If you have to rerun the 'Bashed Patch' then DEACTIVATE Dyndolod first and REACTIVATE them when you're done. 

Didn't work out for me the godrays from Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows  still doesn't work. I think it might be related to Skyrim.ini file. The second screenshot was when it was working and the first one is the current problem I'm facing now

ScreenShot0.png

ScreenShot9.png

gotta say, high poly NPC overhaul is becoming more of a hassle than it is worth. Still getting a bunch of blackface males here and there, not sure why. Even with a new game, i'm getting a bunch of black faces. . . And I still don't know why. 

2 hours ago, asebw said:

gotta say, high poly NPC overhaul is becoming more of a hassle than it is worth. Still getting a bunch of blackface males here and there, not sure why. Even with a new game, i'm getting a bunch of black faces. . . And I still don't know why. 

Blackface problem is very relevant with high poly NPC because it edit large number of NPC so any mod that try to edit the same NPC is likely to cause the bug.

Someone post a mod in the previous page that do High Poly NPC patches with various mod. You can take a look at that mod and see if it has patch for your current mods.

Can someone with technical knowledge regarding save game help me with this:

I use Alternate Start mod, make a generic PC named "template" and config all MCM to my liking. Then hard save.

Then I install a mod that tell me to make a clean/new save to make the mod work.

So my question is if I use PC "template", use showracemenu to make a new PC with different name and then hard save. Does that save count as a clean/new save for the mod above?

17 hours ago, Sager41 said:

I guess I'm just having an issue getting it installed without the other files. The tutorials and installation guide all go through the extra files, and I'm also unsure of which .exe in the download I should be working with as I count 4.

Oh. Ok yeah I see what you mean, Aylis's instructions didn't look like much to me either when I first glanced at it so it couldn't hurt to write up a quick "explain it like i'm 5 years old" version. Also, when we say "DynDOLOD" we're usually referring to three different excutables that all need to be run in a certain order, including one called "DynDOLODx64.exe" This can be a little confusing and I'm sorry but bear with me haha. 

All this information is in the "Installation" section of the guide, in the third post of this thread. Make sure to go take a look at the lower parts of the guide because you'll need to jump down to those occasionally while installing mods!

1. Download DynDOLOD-Standalone.#.##.7z -- as of this writing the current version is 2.94. 

2. There is one folder inside the archive labelled "DynDOLOD." Extract it somewhere but NOT in your skyrim, data, or MO2 folders. I put mine in C:\Games. 

3. Download xLODGen.## .7z -- as of this writing the current version is 2.94. 
4. There is one folder inside the archive labelled "xLODGen." Extract it somewhere but NOT in your skyrim, data, MO2, or DynDOLOD folders. I put mine in C;\Games. 
5. Download Aylis's "SSEB - Modified DynDOLOD.ini for 3D trees"
6. Drop the .ini file into ".../DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD" with all the other DynDOLOD-related .ini files. For example, mine goes in C:\Games\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD. 
7. Add all three executables-- DynDOLODx64.exe and TexGenx64.exe from the DynDOLOD folder, and xLODGenx64.exe from the xLODGen folder-- to MO2 the same way you do for SKSE and FNIS. When adding the programs, make sure you type "-sse" into the Parameters field for DynDOLODx64.exe and "-sse o" into the parameters field for TexGenx64.exe

At this point, you're mostly set up. Once you finish the other preinstallation procedures, you should then proceed through the rest of the guide like normal. Once you are completely done with all installation, and have run FNIS, Nemesis, and created a Bashed Patch, you can then go to the "DynDOLOD and xLODgen" part of the "Installation" section on post #3 and follow those instructions to run the three programs.

13 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Can someone with technical knowledge regarding save game help me with this:

I use Alternate Start mod, make a generic PC named "template" and config all MCM to my liking. Then hard save.

Then I install a mod that tell me to make a clean/new save to make the mod work.

So my question is if I use PC "template", use showracemenu to make a new PC with different name and then hard save. Does that save count as a clean/new save for the mod above?

I'm not much of a technical knowledge guy myself, but what you're describing as mods asking for a new/clean save could match two different scenarios

1. mods that expect to initialize in a new game/new character and thus apply changes at the early stages of the game (sometimes right after completing the vanilla sequence or after leaving Helgen). In this case your templatesave could fail to meet the requirements for the mod(s) to properly initialize even if it's a 5 min save in a starting location (for example Requiem has a very finicky starting procedure), so it really depends on the mod and it's conditions to start.
  2. mods that expect to be installed in a game without previous versions of the same mod already installed (clean save). A common theme for mods in alpha/beta or where updates contain major changes and save continuity is not supported (most recent example would be Devious Devices going from version 4.3 to 5.0/5.1). In this case your template save should work without issues given that it doesn't contain any traces of old versions of any mod you're intending to use.

For safe measure I've avoided keeping such saves to start playthrough where I intend to stay for several hours. As loadorder changes will be a thing (if your template save is made with few enabled mods for example) something may be off. Perhaps other who have used a similar approach may shed more light on this matter.

@Aylis I was scrolling through the list and comparing it to my own personal modlist. Here are a few mods you could check if you feel like investing a bit of time. Most of these have been installed in my game for a long time (and the most recently released seem to be working fine).

Spoiler
  1. Keyboard Shortcut Fix
  2. Spell Perk Distributor just a skse plugin that allows adding things to NPCs, then you can do things like:
    1. Enchantments and Potions Work for NPCs, it just works! now NPCs can benefit from nearly every enchantment and potion available
    2. Resistances and Weaknessses damage/elemental attributes ala D&D resistance system, best thing is compatibility and no plugins at all for this, just some ini files for the distributor.
  3. Classic Paralysis, it's classic, reported bugs may add minor visual glitches, which also fuels my nostalgia for Bethesda games.
  4. Splashes of Skyrim things do boom and splash in the water.
  5. I'm Walkin Here, disables collisions during dialogues so NPCs don't push you while you're in the middle of a conversation.
  6. Enhanced Reanimation bug fixes in the shape of a skse plugin.
  7. Difficulty Balance difficulty modifiers also apply to allies, also reminds me of the way Requiem managed damage dealt/taken and it makes sense to me.
  8. Free Look properly configured this is 360 animations at the press of a button compatible with all animations and in any situation.
  9. No Grass in Objects you may want to keep an eye on this when DynDOLOD 3.0 is released, in it's current state it works, although the best way to set it up is precaching all the grass (which is a lengthy process indeed).
  10. Dwemeter Gates Don't Reset they're shortcuts for later, you open them once you want them to stay open for the next time you go down, right?
  11. Extended Sound Panel moar audio sliders to mute these particularly annoying sounds.
  12. Dear Diary new look for the interface, has plenty of options and compatibility with other UI mods, even more worth if more Dear Diary skins are released in the near future.
  13. zEdit patches in general, but zedit-visual-transfer in particular, as it acts as a all in one patch for mods altering NPC appearance and should avoid grey/black faces. You may want to check the records changed, I remember seeing only one instance where the changes from other mods weren't carried for an NPC (it was a particular perk for a follower NPC from a weapon overhaul). I build my zedit patches before using TexGen/DynDOLOD/LODGen.
  14. Scrambled Bugs fresh mod, recent release but has some interesting bug fixes also in a skse plugin/Net Script Framework shape. Some settings changes in other fix mods (sse engine fixes or similar) may be needed to avoid overlapping fixes.

And I'll stop now. Don't take these as anything else but personal recommendations that may -or may not- fit here. I'll leave this here and go back to playing Enderal (finally released "officially" for SE, maybe now I'll get to Ark without crashes). And don't overwork yourself here, bye.

4 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Sounds like LO. Do you have this?

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled.jpg.caf658f683c27225b439f4b6b3e1745f.jpg

and this

Untitled.jpg.fff7a8c6a1fe9ace8254fc1c26191db1.jpg

Yeah, it's all there. Half the faces came back oddly enough, when I reinstalled the resources mod. Other half though, not sure what's going on there. Nothing seems to be conflicting, but it's hard to tell without being able to put a face to a facegen file. . .

4 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Blackface problem is very relevant with high poly NPC because it edit large number of NPC so any mod that try to edit the same NPC is likely to cause the bug.

Someone post a mod in the previous page that do High Poly NPC patches with various mod. You can take a look at that mod and see if it has patch for your current mods.

It's actually a page with a 160 different patches for a whole whackload of mods (Found here), but I don't think the problem is a lack of patches. Among those with black face is gerdur in Riverwood, and the whiny trader with the dragon claw in Riverwood (name escapes me at this hour). I also don't have any mods in my list except for the Aylis mods that affect those characters, so something else rather screwy is going on. . . 

@dWarden18 I had the same Problem. It happened because i didnt only copy the dll files i needed from enbseries but instead copied everything.

So im having this Problem:
Im running into CTDs in crowded Areas and after a lot of reinstalling and rechecking the List im running out of Ideas. 
This is how it happens: I can load my savegame to Whiterun. Everything is fine here. I go into Belethors goods. Then i go Back to Whiterun and i get CTD either on Load or right after the Area finished loading. This happens every single time. Every second load to lower Whiterun ctds. 
This also happens if i coc whiterun from Mainmenu without loading my savegame. 

I know its very Random. What im looking for is some tip what to look at. Is it Meshes or is it a Memory Issure i have no clue but maybe someone has. :)
Ty. 

2 hours ago, the_doomsayer said:

I can load my savegame to Whiterun. Everything is fine here. I go into Belethors goods. Then i go Back to Whiterun and i get CTD either on Load or right after the Area finished loading. This happens every single time. Every second load to lower Whiterun ctds. 

When i had this it almost always was a mesh or texture problem. On very rare occasions it could be an animation too.

Try the following steps:

Deactivate Dyndolod - testrun. To make sure its not this one.

Deactivate 'Bashed Patch' - testrun.

Deactivate 'fnis.esp' - testrun.

After that, if it wasn't one of the previous mods, it is chasing down the culprit via deactivating groups. 

Just make hardsaves before changing the area so you can go back to a previous save.

@Just Don't

Thanks for the tips. Some are already in my (test)build. ;)

Sadly 'No Grass in Objects' is causing some issues here. The precaching doesn't want to work... Hopefully i'll get around it somehow.

@Aylis New Dirt and Blood 2.0 now has Spell Perk Item Distributor as a requirement. Not sure if it's worth adding that mod to the list (just mean I know nothing about it). The biggest addition in 2.0 is now there's no limit on how many NPCs can have blood on them, so I don't think updating is really imperative. Old version is still available. If updating isn't worth it, probably want to put a note in the list to download version 1.75 (still available).

6 hours ago, the_doomsayer said:

@dWarden18 I had the same Problem. It happened because i didnt only copy the dll files i needed from enbseries but instead copied everything.

So im having this Problem:
Im running into CTDs in crowded Areas and after a lot of reinstalling and rechecking the List im running out of Ideas. 
This is how it happens: I can load my savegame to Whiterun. Everything is fine here. I go into Belethors goods. Then i go Back to Whiterun and i get CTD either on Load or right after the Area finished loading. This happens every single time. Every second load to lower Whiterun ctds. 

I know its very Random. What im looking for is some tip what to look at. Is it Meshes or is it a Memory Issure i have no clue but maybe someone has. :)
Ty. 

If it's crashing on load to whiterun, then something, either a texture or a script, is not working. Are you running anything not from Aylis' list that affects whiterun? I would start with disabling that and see if it helps. 

It shouldn't be a texture issue if everything does load, then crashes right after. Sounds more like it could be a bad script, or some other variable that tries to run after the load. Without knowing the load order it's hard to tell though. I would start with disabling any mods that apply scripts to whiterun, or any mods that adjust behaviour for something (npcs, weather, etc), If that doesn't work, keep going until you disable all the mods that affect whiterun, until it stops crashing.

Alternately, I would also start a new game, and putz around riverwood to see if its just as crash happy there are in whiterun. If it is, it's something more generic that's causing the problem, which can help narrow things down a bit. If you can get the papyrus logger working, that can also tell you what it was trying to do when it crashed, which can point to a mod or mods. 

@Aylis@wollboi@asebw
Thanks everyone.

It was DynDOLOD. Just deactivating everything that has anything to do with it made it run like a charm. Im just done redoing Dyndoload and testing again. :)
Edit: Im using the the Exact List with almost no optional Mods Aylis posted.  My DynDOLOD redo still keeps crashing. I might be just dumb so im reading everything again in case i messed up something. 

But its so much less of a Pain to Fix my List now that i know where it is comming from. :)

10 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

@Just Don't

Is there any way for me to know which mods belong to which scenarios?

I want to make a template save because it takes times to configure all mods MCM, especially Sexlab mods and mods that has no config save system so I have to manually edit its MCM.

The description of the mod should provide enough information to separate mods requiring a new game from mods requiring a clean save. Like I said mods asking for a new game could be overhauls with dedicated initialization steps, mods applying changes to quests (like Skyrim Unlocked), even mods that edits outfits could recommend a new game (a common issue for not doing it is having naked NPCs until their inventories resets) and so on. Then you could have any mod, asking for a clean save because the new version is not compatible with previous iterations of said mod, if this happens it means you're updating a mod, not installing it for the first time.

There is no way of knowing if any of the mods enabled at the time of making your template save will require a clean save for future versions, or if you'll want to add a mod requiring a new game after making that template save. If you don't intend to change mods in any way (not adding, removing nor updating) your template save could work, otherwise there is no guarantee it'll be valid for when you want to start playing for real.  

@akadeadpool

In the end you're most likely better off with a new game.

There is a mod on Nexus (don't ask me for a name) that saves settings from the MCM, but, and thats a big one, it doesn't save everything and if you have to check anyway you're better off starting from scratch.

Incoming Update! Finished

14 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@akadeadpool

In the end you're most likely better off with a new game.

There is a mod on Nexus (don't ask me for a name) that saves settings from the MCM, but, and thats a big one, it doesn't save everything and if you have to check anyway you're better off starting from scratch.

Yeah, I know that one, FISS but only if those mods utilize that. Thanksfully most of mods that I need to config have a save system.

Still it takes time to config them all and I always forget 1 or 2 mods till getting into the game. A bit annoying imo.

Previous Update

Updating status to '3.1.7'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

This is a update for more realism. I finally got a set for goodlooking armors and also sets for weapons. With those changes the armors are finally complete (but i havn't seen the stahlrim stuff yet) and for the weapons only the elven, orcish, possibly stahlrim and the dragonbone weapons still need a few changes.

I'll be adding the Group 'Quests'. I might expand more on this at a later date.

RERUN for an update:

Wrye Bash

REMOVED mods:

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Spoiler

SKSE

Remember Lockpick Angle                             Fixes an annoyance

Splashes Of Skyrim                                         Very nice effect.

Area

Subgroup: Hearthfire Addons

Lakeview Bedroom Doors

Hearthfires Stairs Railings

Shezrie's Hearthfire Kitchen SSE                Moved within the group

Shezrie's Hearthfire Greenhouse SSE                           ''

PTC's Hearthfire Mods                                                 ''

Textures

Medieval Bridges

Falling Leaves and Needles                            Also a very nice effect.

Riften - Optional cobblestone                        Looks imo better than Pfuscher's version

My Road Signs are Beautiful                          Multilanguage and looks nice.

PC

Subgroup: Tattoos and Warpaints

Community Overlays 1 (0-30)

Community Overlays 2 (31-50)

Community Overlays 3 (51- 70)

Weathered Nordic Bodypaints

Subgroup: Character Presets

Cyara (Dunmer) HPH

Creatures

HD Bears of the North                                   Now that is what i'd call real bears!

HD Bears of the North - Textures

HD Blue Whales                                             More creatures in the water. And sometimes you can even hear them sing.

Armor

Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons            Replaces nine other mods.

? The older bodyslides for 'VAR' and 'New Legion' partially work.

Weapons

Simply Brutal Daedric Weapons

Simply Elegant Ebony Weapons

Simply Stylish Steel Weapons

Simply Rustic Iron Weapons

Quests

Away - Come Away                                       Moved from 'Override'

Away - Come Away - Bodyslides                                  "

Maelstrom

Shindara - The Fire Within

The Tale of Tsatampra Xiros                          Moved from 'Override'

NPC

Immersive Wenches                                       I like them. Makes Skyrim feel more alive.

Deadly Wenches                                            Those can be a nasty surprise!

Patches

Immersive Wenches -KS Hairs - Patch

HASTE

SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double         Helps with 'Go to Bed' too.

Important updates:

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Wrong Body'

Aylis Character Pack

UPLOAD:

Modified Armor

Cyara (Dunmer) HPH

Added/Updated entries:

Preview

Spoiler

Fur632693436_ArmorFur.jpg.e441c612b8d70db42e9988a411dee3ec.jpg

Hide1233223612_ArmorHide.jpg.f415e5100ea5b27fc4a044f1cbc6f3c9.jpg

Leather857808206_ArmorLeather.jpg.2622782d04c60ba88344499eae4efb2f.jpg

ScreenShot1527.jpg.13510c7e5d444936e7367a9df7ed4e73.jpg

Checking out:

Spoiler

Ustengrav - Revisited

Knee Fix (Prototype)

Paragon Sparrow Huntress                         Arrmor for Bosmer/Auri?

JK's White Phial                                          CTD/Lighting problem?

JK's Sadris Used Wares                               CTD/Lighting problem?

I finnally fixed my DynDoLOD Problem: 
It was in fact me being dumb and maybe someone else is as dumb as me. At some Point DynDOLOD stops asking LODGen if its finished and the prompt if you want to save pops up. I apparently closed and saved before it was finished TWICE and ofc half a finished DynDOLOD will CTD my game. It looks awesome and runs very smooth. 

Ty for your work Aylis.