Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Thank you, this guide worked quite well for me. I was a bit confused by the dynoload output in the overwrite as i couldnt quite locate it, and i'm sure i have some massive error i will discover 6h into my playthrough, but for now, thanks for putting up this guide.

I'm quite surprised it worked so well btw. I abused the hell out of this, going "lol, ill troubleshoot it later". Nope, just worked the first time. First time i've tried SE, no issues so far. For comparison, i spent about 3 days troubleshooting LE, turns out it was a combination of going over memory or something and needing the ctd fix.

@Aylis And anyone who might encounter this problem

Just a heads up, it seems the one of the latest windows updates doesn't like DynDOLOD. Not sure why, but a few people have had the problem, probably a few more down the road. Easy fix though: Just need to add an exception in windows defender for the MO2 and DynDOLOD folder. This thread here talks about it. Going to keep an eye on it. 

7 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Already added the exceptions to WD one or two years ago. ;)

Thats something i recommended for a lot of games a few times before.

Usually only have to add those for games and progs that go online. First time i've had to do it for anything MO2 related. Stranger still that it's just now only becoming an issue.

@asebw

Its often the 'Ransomware Protection' of the AVS going bonkers. An 'unknown' program is changing files in a 'protected' folder. Got to be something bad. Plus every script/file has to be checked before it can be used and so on...

With all the scripts and mods we add to Skyrim it is no wonder that the AV throws one fit after another. I already had it switch off SKSE. Now that MS bought Bethesda it will hopfully get better (although one of them might still screw this up).

13 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Its often the 'Ransomware Protection' of the AVS going bonkers. An 'unknown' program is changing files in a 'protected' folder. Got to be something bad. Plus every script/file has to be checked before it can be used and so on...

With all the scripts and mods we add to Skyrim it is no wonder that the AV throws one fit after another. I already had it switch off SKSE. Now that MS bought Bethesda it will hopfully get better (although one of them might still screw this up).

I honestly don't know if Microsoft taking over Bethesda will make things any better to be honest. The fish rots from the head down on that one. Still, something must have changed with one of the updates that came down this week. I've done worse things with MO2 and FO4 in terms of scripts and whatnot and WD never batted an eye, and I can't remember the last time I have had a game or program disagree with WD like this. . .

1 minute ago, Sager41 said:

@Aylis Is the guide at the beginning of this post your most recent? There are a lot of pages to look through here. Thank you!

The mod list and the 5 posts after that are up to date. You don't need to go through every post. 

9 hours ago, Aylis said:

Same answer here too...

You'll always have a slight seam. Change the weight or the shoulder or the neck or something else in the area just a tiny bit and the textures won't match perfectly. You can only try to minimize its effect.

Thanks Aylis, I guess I never really picked up on it until my PC was rocking some short hair!  I appreciate thought it was an issue on my end.

My apologies as well, you do a amazing job on all the explaining to be honest within reason on the actual install page(s).  I haven't had any issues with your list unless I fucked something up in the instructions page or added some mod that I wanted to try.  

I'm trying to stick to the guide and do everything exactly in order. I'm only at the DynDOLOD step and find that I don't have the Vanilla Billboard or Papyrus files, which aren't mentioned at that point of the guide. Do I use MO2 to download them? Do I manually download and place in a specific folder?

*opens an eye after the first sip of coffee*

On 4/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, Sager41 said:

Apologies, I was completely ignorant of the update information on the very first post. Thank you for your work and time.

I hate it when important informations show up on page XYZ of a thread. There's no way i'll allow that to happen here!

On 4/2/2021 at 2:56 AM, rodrigo2 said:

Do additional NPC mods make your list unstable?  Specifically, I wanted to add OBIS, Immersive Patrols, and Interesting NPCs.  

1. No idea. Link?

2. Had the 'Black Face Bug' with that one. And i tried a lot to get it working.

3. Conflicts with quite a few other mods.

Updated a few descriptions as they could be misinterpreted.

Updated the pic for ESM. Now it shows how a new installation should look like.

Planned changes (aka this isn't certain yet)

Spoiler

Mods to remove:

HD Bears

Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB                       Fixed by 'Smooth shores'?

Mods to add:

HD Bears of the North                                   Now that is what i'd call real bears!

HD Bears of the North - Textures

HD Blue Whales                                             More creatures in the water. And sometimes you can even hear them sing.

HASTE                                                            Looks interesting

SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double         Helps with 'Go to Bed' too.

Medieval Bridges                                           Optional look

Remember Lockpick Angle                            Fixes an annoyance

Immersive Wenches                                       I like them. Makes Skyrim feel more alive.

Immersive Wenches -KS Hairs - Patch

Deadly Wenches                                             Those can be a nasty surprise!

Falling Leaves and Needles                             Very nice effect.
My Road Signs are Beautiful                           Multilanguage and looks nice.

Splashes Of Skyrim                                         Also a very nice effect.

Riften - Optional cobblestone                        Looks imo better than Pfuscher's version

Shindara - The Fire Within

Maelstrom

The wenches do add a lot to the game. I even had a few new patrols on the road (and the gals were bickering). In combination with 'Odin' (which adds the spells and staffs to enemys too) the hostile ones can become quite challenging. Perfect!

52 minutes ago, Aylis said:

*opens an eye after the first sip of coffee*

I hate it when important informations show up on page XYZ of a thread. There's no way i'll allow that to happen here!

1. No idea. Link?

2. Had the 'Black Face Bug' with that one. And i tried a lot to get it working.

3. Conflicts with quite a few other mods.

Updated a few descriptions as they could be misinterpreted.

Updated the pic for ESM. Now it shows how a new installation should look like.

Planned changes (aka this isn't certain yet)

Hide contents

Mods to remove:

HD Bears

Bright Waterfall Fix for ENB                       Fixed by 'Smooth shores'?

Mods to add:

HD Bears of the North                                   Now that is what i'd call real bears!

HD Bears of the North - Textures

HD Blue Whales                                             More creatures in the water. And sometimes you can even hear them sing.

HASTE                                                            Looks interesting

SexLab Compatible Noble Bed Double         Helps with 'Go to Bed' too.

Medieval Bridges                                           Optional look

Remember Lockpick Angle                            Fixes an annoyance

Immersive Wenches                                       I like them. Makes Skyrim feel more alive.

Immersive Wenches -KS Hairs - Patch

Deadly Wenches                                             Those can be a nasty surprise!

Falling Leaves and Needles                             Very nice effect.
My Road Signs are Beautiful                           Multilanguage and looks nice.

Splashes Of Skyrim                                         Also a very nice effect.

Riften - Optional cobblestone                        Looks imo better than Pfuscher's version

The wenches do add a lot to the game. I even had a few new patrols on the road (and the gals were bickering). In combination with 'Odin' (which adds the spells and staffs to enemys too) the hostile ones can become quite challenging. Perfect!

Having used Deadly Wenches a lot previously, I was looking for addons with my latest LO rebuild and came across this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23006. So far it solves a lot of my gripes with DW, in that they all sort of look same-y and has limited archetypes like Ranger or Blademaster. This one has a lot of options and there's a HP Head patch here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40565. It's just giving me a few problems in trying to set it up, as there are a few black heads here and there.

And for anyone using Yuriana, the dev just dropped a beta update for her on their discord with a built in expansion and other stuff.

@dumbcow

Ouch, thats a lot to go through...

I'm thinking of replacing 'NordWarUA's Vanilla Armor Replacers SSE' and 'New Legion' with 'Simply Realistic Armor and Weapons' (just found a video that shows why i find it interesting). The old 'Early-Middleages Helmets pack SSE' could then be removed too. This should make the installation of the armors a lot easier and less jumping around. Sadly there are no bodyslides available.

Have been sitting on them for a while now, but the biggest problem will be the bodyslides and the included weapons. I have to see how compatible the new armors are with the old files. It should work, but i'd have to check every single one...

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.14dbdf983023723fa0937692b7f54e52.jpg

This will require some juggling on my part.

----------------------------------------------------

Armor: Guards                                   Still looking good

Legion                                   Works better and looks good (even if the helm still screams 'Roman Empire'). Hmmm, maybe this idea works...

Race                                       Still the same.

Vanilla                                    Got a nice visual upgrade. The Daedric armor now would actually work without killing someone to your side while using a weapon.

Helmets                                             The 'Early-Middleages Helmets' seem to be at least partially included. Very nice!

The bodyslides still seem to work fine. In the end they are all based on NordWarUA's work anyway. 

---------------------------------------------------

Moving a few meshes, i expected much more, fixed the weapons.

4 hours ago, unknownwake said:

@sager41

the only thing you do with DynDOLOD is install it and link it up in MO2. After that you DO NOT TOUCH IT until the end of the tutorial. 

I guess I'm just having an issue getting it installed without the other files. The tutorials and installation guide all go through the extra files, and I'm also unsure of which .exe in the download I should be working with as I count 4.

6 hours ago, dumbcow said:

Having used Deadly Wenches a lot previously, I was looking for addons with my latest LO rebuild and came across this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23006. So far it solves a lot of my gripes with DW, in that they all sort of look same-y and has limited archetypes like Ranger or Blademaster. This one has a lot of options and there's a HP Head patch here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40565. It's just giving me a few problems in trying to set it up, as there are a few black heads here and there.

And for anyone using Yuriana, the dev just dropped a beta update for her on their discord with a built in expansion and other stuff.

Thanks for the mods, without your links I'd never know some of the mod I use add NPCs.

13 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

@Aylis Do additional NPC mods make your list unstable?  Specifically, I wanted to add OBIS, Immersive Patrols, and Interesting NPCs.  

Hmm, every time I think I'm done. . . OBIS intrigues me. Will give it a whirl.

Hi, everything was working fine until I reinstalled new 256 dyndolod textures and output before it was 128 and then reinstalled the batched patch. Now the main problem(I fixed the other ones ) I'm facing is that Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows mod is not generating any god rays and the sun just shines brightly but no godrays are generated. Using the enbhelper and turning on the UseEffect shows only one flying bug sprite but previously there used to be many more. Kind of confused on what I should change or do I need to reinstall the game and start modding from scratch

@Sager41 You need TexGen and DynDOLOD--both 64 bit. 32 bit can be ignored. Add them to MO2 and add the -sse argument, as they both must be launched from inside MO2, not how you'd normally run a program in Windows. See below, as it can be a little confusing the first time.

Spoiler

Untitled.png.fdd087d03f7080991f49ed09b228a3c1.png

Untitled2.png.d1e05dc1ec1850dc9259e39a342009f7.png

Aside - I'm developing a love/hate relationship with Diverse Random Idles. It looks great when you're standing around in street clothes, but when Jarl Balgruf is talking about dragons setting people on fire and my character wearing Ebony Daedric Death Metal Album Plate Mail of +10% Kickass is swaying around and doing pirouettes it just takes me out of the moment.

Also, screenshots:

Spoiler

1767559144_SkyrimSE2021-04-0119-33-24.thumb.png.1c8e11fe5133b21909aa40cb45ce3757.png576545814_SkyrimSE2021-04-0117-55-46.thumb.png.30e71732c26a968b4770f684a0892506.png1149661487_SkyrimSE2021-04-0117-55-33.thumb.png.bb000606f9dcf3201ef47dc7f7460912.png

Taken at 4K on a 3080.

36 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@dWarden18

1. You run the 'Bashed Patch' and keep it activated.

2. Then you run Dyndolod.

If you have to rerun the 'Bashed Patch' then DEACTIVATE Dyndolod first and REACTIVATE them when you're done. 

Thanks for the fast reply I will try rerunning the bashed patch and see if it works 

22 hours ago, asebw said:

There's 3 files you have to download for ruby: the two you install in Mo2, and the third, which is a manual download that contains the enb presets and the Addon folder in question. You extract that one in your Skyrim SE folder. Inside is a text file with instructions on what to take out of that folder. Inside the ADDONs folder is the ruby enb mods you need to install. Just open them with MO2 as normal.

Right, i think i got it, thanks

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

I'm developing a love/hate relationship with Diverse Random Idles. It looks great when you're standing around in street clothes, but when Jarl Balgruf is talking about dragons setting people on fire and my character wearing Ebony Daedric Death Metal Album Plate Mail of +10% Kickass is swaying around and doing pirouettes it just takes me out of the moment.

@wollboi Exactly the same, its just too much for me. 

This one i think its less "swaying" more natural, sadly i havent tested it since i had to reinstall all the patches secction but i doubt it will have any problems as long as Diverse random idles is deactivated. > here <