Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Can I aske about the mod Haste that has been added to the maybe added to the list of the mods? Especially how it works with other mods that do the same things e.g.  Convenient carriages (carriage prices), Ars metalica (smithing levelling via tanning smelting and mining) any info would be appreciated. Cheers MK

15 hours ago, unknownwake said:

@wollboi @jaeos thank you both!!! hitting up a forge did fix it, I was worried it was something I'd installed. Performance is otherwise looking so good that I'm definitely ready to upgrade to 3.1.6. It all looks REALLY great. I also found that with my setup I've got spare power to use Parsec to play remotely (i've got really fucked up hands and I have another computer with inputs that are easier for me to use but none of the specs) and I've found that some slight tweaks to the enb ini makes the whole thing way easier to play with the degraded visual quality-- the darkness levels work REALLY well if your monitor can output rich blacks, but less specialized monitors just cannot do it. Other than that I just catch myself looking at scenery for long periods of time and rediscovering parts of the game that just looked unremarkable or that I didn't realize were even accessible because of how well designed they are now. 

You might look at oversized controllers Duke if that might make it easier to play. 

4 hours ago, arshesney said:

Correct, the conversion I've tried at first had problems with statues and some facegen would cause CTD, I've started from the LE files and my verison should have no issues https://www.loverslab.com/topic/120107-skyrimlldeepbluefrog-mods-conversion-to-sse/?do=findComment&comment=3301573

TY very much for the suggestion. I am adding it now to my load order.

@Aylis did try moving it above the dibella first troubleshooting session but that had not made a diference. At this time i may remove it from my main load order as i have discovered more armors it uses that need conversion to use the correct bodytype. Otherwise they take off armor and look normal using the given bodytype or they wear their default armor are could knock out whole armies with those things :D 

back to bodyslide creation for me

20 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

@Aylis Just curious, what problems did cc Survival mode cause?  Are there any  needs mods that you 're considering for the list?  How about Hunterborn?

CC survival doesn't work with the USSEP amongst other things. Basically, no matter how much you eat or drink, you will starve. 

6 hours ago, asebw said:

CC survival doesn't work with the USSEP amongst other things. Basically, no matter how much you eat or drink, you will starve. 

By adding some mods that modified it, I did get Survival mode to behave.  In any case, I do know of another needs mod that has only one script and doesn't have any major drawbacks.  So I'll probably start using that once I complete this list and get it working stably.

11 hours ago, asebw said:

I'll borrow that line for page #1. ;)

The files from @arshesney arn't a complete mod (scripts don't seem to be included), more a texture patch. So they would be in addition to the listed files, my patch contains more additional files so i'll have to see if those are still needed. Otherwise it is looking good.

As i didn't have issues with 'Dibella's Sisterhood' i need feedback if the files helped someone who had problems. Then i can add them to the list.

Spoiler

Overwrites

Untitled.jpg.ce2fb7cb328bc0ead79a4e10248fb690.jpg

Finally got to make some screenshots for Markarth (more are already included in the new screenshot thread).

Spoiler

ScreenShot1487.jpg.38b31e02bd1aca3f6c041c1e76071681.jpg

ScreenShot1488.jpg.584456e7c1e75d4635c45d43cfee8e04.jpg

ScreenShot1492.jpg.02346d3caa1847979f73d63c00009e3b.jpg

ScreenShot1496.jpg.39690cf3f4c1073b8cb0c2b012dadd43.jpg

Which brings the total up to 130 pictures.

8 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

By adding some mods that modified it, I did get Survival mode to behave.  In any case, I do know of another needs mod that has only one script and doesn't have any major drawbacks.  So I'll probably start using that once I complete this list and get it working stably.

Realistic Needs and Diseases 2 is the one i've been using the most. INeed also works rather well. Both can be configured via the MCM. Campfire is a far better camping mod than the CC version, and the backpack that comes with campfire is also pretty good, though there is a plethora of backpack mods to chose from.

@Aylis

Before I forget again, went through some of the instructions in post#3, and a few things that might need addressing:

-sse arguement has to be added to Textgen when adding it MO2.

Nemesis executable has to be added to MO2 for it to work properly 

Xlodgen: The four reference images, do they all need to be run, or just pick one based on whether you want low, med, high, ultra? (Some direction needs to be indicated)

Running into a strange error with Texgen that I am wondering if others are seeing. When running Texgen, it's coming up with an error where it cannot find the specified path for one of its copies. Curious to know if anyone has run into someting similar and/or figured out what the problem is.

Spoiler

295139911_texgen64error(2021-04-01).png.5adffd3349125c79d77eb1a44e313482.png

2 hours ago, asebw said:

-sse arguement has to be added to Textgen when adding it MO2.

Texgen is part of DynDOLOD (aka same parameter). Falls into the category RTFM or watch the tutorial on Youtube.

2 hours ago, asebw said:

Nemesis executable has to be added to MO2 for it to work properly

If they don't know that then they didn't watch a single tutorial for MO2 (i put up a link for that). Besides, how did they get FNIS to work if they didn't know that already...

2 hours ago, asebw said:

Xlodgen: The four reference images, do they all need to be run, or just pick one based on whether you want low, med, high, ultra? (Some direction needs to be indicated)

In there:

You'll have to change the settings for it to work properly. For this you have to go through four steps to set up the correct settings for the different LOD. Make sure that everything looks like in the screenshots.

'The settings' not 'a setting' plus 'go through four steps'. And the last sentence on top of it... Three times 'do them all' in a row should be enough.

Seriously, i'm not going to spoonfeed lazy people. I've broken it down a lot but they have to actually read the description of the mods they install. Otherwise i'll have to explain next what CBBE is for, what 3BBB does or why we need a mod manager like MO2. 

Same answer here too...

You'll always have a slight seam. Change the weight or the shoulder or the neck or something else in the area just a tiny bit and the textures won't match perfectly. You can only try to minimize its effect.

20 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Seriously, i'm not going to spoonfeed lazy people. I've broken it down a lot but they have to actually read the description of the mods they install. Otherwise i'll have to explain next what CBBE is for, what 3BBB does or why we need a mod manager like MO2. 

Eh, apologies. Part of my work in the past was writing SOPs for some very untrained (and some times unintelligent) people. Some habits just don't die. 

27 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Broken download? Add this one in:

whruinstonedark_n.dds 5.33 MB · 0 downloads

But if you got more errors you might have to redownload the whole pack.

I don't think it's the pack. The file comes out fine in SSEEdit. If I disable all the mods, texgen runs fine, but it's also crashing on mods that have not been touched since I ran texgen last. The error itself is not having problems pulling out the copy, but placing it in the output folder from the looks of it. It's very odd. 

12 minutes ago, asebw said:

Eh, apologies. Part of my work in the past was writing SOPs for some very untrained (and some times unintelligent) people. Some habits just don't die. 

No, i have had the same things stated to me when doing testing on coding, checked for the correct input, fine, then checked for incorrect and had the the manager ask me why, personally I though it was damn obvious, just because the input is correct does not mean entering the incorrect input will not do nasty things to the program, best bet in this sort of thing is the lowest common denominator, ie dumb as a rock, and that is being insulting to the poor rock.

Here i come with another obvious and probably stupid question yet i cant figure this miself.

Inside the Addon options from Rudy, the ones im supposed to install, they are all are RAR, so im supposed to install those using MO2 ? (like anything that aint from nexus)

Or extract then paste inside the game folder just as they come (So they all end up on data, since once you extrat all of the compressed files they all are called Data)                               or what exaclty? Rudy page isnt clear about this, and i have no clue either.

My gut feeling tells me that its just extract rar>paste as they are inside the game folder. 

Halp.

(Just to clarify, rude does tell us where to put the *main files* i havent see anything about Addons on the installation steps, im sorry once more)

image.png.8e55f4a6b94e3cfa7f3cf30415b80742.png

As i said: its not clear about itimage.png.7bf4f2c256b260cc03a27884560400a2.png

(paste? the rar file? extracted? the content inside the folders? (esp or whatever it may be)  I know im dense af, but men, how im supposed to know this?)

15 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Here i come with another obvious and probably stupid question yet i cant figure this miself.

Inside the Addon options from Rudy, the ones im supposed to install, they are all are RAR, so im supposed to install those using MO2 ? (like anything that aint from nexus)

Or extract then paste inside the game folder just as they come (So they all end up on data, since once you extrat all of the compressed files they all are called Data)                               or what exaclty? Rudy page isnt clear about this, and i have no clue either.

My gut feeling tells me that its just extract rar>paste as they are inside the game folder. 

Halp.

(Just to clarify, rude does tell us where to put the *main files* i havent see anything about Addons on the installation steps, im sorry once more)

image.png.8e55f4a6b94e3cfa7f3cf30415b80742.png

As i said: its not clear about itimage.png.7bf4f2c256b260cc03a27884560400a2.png

(paste? the rar file? extracted? the content inside the folders? (esp or whatever it may be)  I know im dense af, but men, how im supposed to know this?)

There's 3 files you have to download for ruby: the two you install in Mo2, and the third, which is a manual download that contains the enb presets and the Addon folder in question. You extract that one in your Skyrim SE folder. Inside is a text file with instructions on what to take out of that folder. Inside the ADDONs folder is the ruby enb mods you need to install. Just open them with MO2 as normal.