Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Dvisraak

6 hours ago, Dvisraak said:

So where can i find the load order in this guide?

In the "Modlist", the second post of aylis...  see what mod you have and mimic the order it has in that post.

a rough description of the load order:

1. Foundation: this is a little tricky, usually mods that change the poly of the object in skyrim, DynDoLOD resources, anything that require it DynDoLOD, TexGen, xLODGen... etc.

2. SKSE Extensions: usually scripts for SKSE and Skyrim, pretty much anything that works in the backstage of skyrim, you should check it out.

3. UI: anythig that modify/add or remove the UI. 

4. Area: anythig that modify/add or remove the terrain of skyrim (the exterior and interior of caves, houses, fortress, cities).

5. Texturas: anythig that modify/add or remove the textures of plants or objects in skyrim, check it out, you may find somethig of your like. 

6. PC/Player: anythig that modify the player (meshes, poly, textures, hair, etc).. but not the skeleton (the skeleton that skyrim use for apply physics), that is way lower.

7. Creatures: the same as PC/Palyer but for Creatures, anythig that modify/add or remove creatures in skyrim  (meshes, poly, textures, creatures, etc).

8. Physics and Animation: Here goes the skeletons, physics and pretty much any animations. (remember to check which animation generator you will use FNIS, Nemesis or both)

9. Armor: anythig that modify/add or remove armors in skyrim.

10. Weapons: anythig that modify/add or remove Weapons in skyrim. (you could combine or interchange the order of point 9 and 10)

11. Override: Mods that change how the game works, add spells, quest, overhauls..., etc, check it out.

12. NPC: anythig that modify/add or remove NPCs (meshes, poly, textures, hair, NPC, etc).

13. Sound: ... self explanatory.

14. Weather and Lighting: ... self explanatory.

15. Lovers Lab: ...  :classic_angel: ...

16. Patches:  Another tricky one, usually you can install the patches after the mods that require it, however some mods come integrated with they're one patches, and they auto detect which mods you have installed, in that case reinstall and combine that kind of Mods here, this will allow to leave the previous plugins/add-ons where they were and add a patch that may or may not be missing, the best part its that the new plugins/add-ons are leave at the end of the list so its no trouble, just remember to activate them (only if you use MO2 of course).

17. Final: In this section are the bodyslides (files generated by BodySlide and Outfit Studio [the sizes of the armor]), the generated animations (files generated by FNIS or Nemesis, without these, the animations wouldn't work,), Bashed Patch and DynDoLOD/XLODGen outputs.

and remember "Nothing is carved in stone ..."

22 minutes ago, zattoru said:

@Dvisraak

In the "Modlist", the second post of aylis...  see what mod you have and mimic the order it has in that post.

a rough description of the load order:

Hide contents

1. Foundation: this is a little tricky, usually mods that change the poly of the object in skyrim, DynDoLOD resources... etc.

2. SKSE Extensions: usually scripts for SKSE and Skyrim, you should check it out.

3. UI: anythig that modify/add or remove the UI.

4. Area: anythig that modify/add or remove the terrain of skyrim.

5. Texturas: anythig that modify/add or remove the textures of plants or objects in skyrim, check it out, you may find somethig of your like. 

6. PC/Player: anythig that modify the player (meshes, poly, textures, hair, etc).. but not the skeleton, that is way lower.

7. Creatures: anythig that modify/add or remove creatures in skyrim  (meshes, poly, textures, creatures, etc).

8. Physics and Animation: Here goes the skeletons, physics and pretty much any animations.

9. Armor: anythig that modify/add or remove armors in skyrim.

10. Weapons: anythig that modify/add or remove Weapons in skyrim.

11. Override: Mods that change how the game works, add spells, ..., etc, check it out.

12. NPC: anythig that modify/add or remove NPCs (meshes, poly, textures, hair, NPC, etc).

13. Sound: ... self explanatory.

14. Weather and Lighting: ... self explanatory.

15. Lovers Lab: ...  :classic_angel: ...

16. Patches:  Another tricky one, usually you can install the patches after the mods that require it, however some mods come integrated with they're one patches, and they auto detect which mods you have installed, in that case reinstall and combine that kind of Mods here, this will allow to leave the previous plugins/add-ons where they were and add a patch that may or may not be missing, the best part its that the new plugins/add-ons are leave at the end of the list so its no trouble, just remember to activate them (only if you use MO2 of course).

17. Final: In this section are the bodyslides (files generated by BodySlide and Outfit Studio [the sizes of the armor]), the generated animations (files generated by FNIS or Nemesis, without these, the animations wouldn't work,), Bashed Patch and DynDoLOD outputs.

and remember "Nothing is carved in stone ..."

I don't understand it doesn't show load order only the modlist

@zattoru

Darn. I can't give enough likes for that post...

Spoiler

Clap.gif.b86c28ab3533bbdd62bf2fd5f4c48597.gif

I might borrow that one. ;)

@Dvisraak

You have to read more (and thats something i can't help with). There's a reason why there are several posts regarding the list on page #1.

1. Overview

2. Modlist

3. Installation - Recommended Settings

4. Screenshots

5. Troubleshooting 

6. Tips and Tricks - Start up

7. Downloads

On 3/17/2019 at 7:03 PM, Aylis said:

Installation

The most important thing first: DO NOT CHANGE THE LOADORDER WITH LOOT!

With that out of the way the Installation is quite forward:

1. I always install the mods in the same order they are listed. At the end, when everything is installed i manually move the ESM to the top (while keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch.

Reveal hidden contents

LO.jpg.1d51a017f4478b0edb4c89038a5134c5.jpg

2. Then come the last few steps. Creating the bodyslides, FNIS, Nemesis, the bashed patch and at last DynDOLOD. The ESP from DynDOLOD always has to be at the bottom of your load order.

In other words: the modlist is the loadorder!

Heya Aylis, I've managed to screw up my mod set up once again and was looking at giving yours a shot this time round. just got two questions before I get started:

1 - Is there a load order to this that can be followed? Am I right in thinking that if installing from scratch just go through hte mods from top to bottom?

2 - how expandable is it? I fully expect that the odd armour or clothing mod isn't going to be an issue, but what about swapping out city over hauls?

@Silk

4 hours ago, Silk said:

Heya Aylis, I've managed to screw up my mod set up once again and was looking at giving yours a shot this time round. just got two questions before I get started:

1 - Is there a load order to this that can be followed? Am I right in thinking that if installing from scratch just go through hte mods from top to bottom?

2 - how expandable is it? I fully expect that the odd armour or clothing mod isn't going to be an issue, but what about swapping out city over hauls?

1- Yes. Yes, you are correct, there even instruccions for the FOMODs (post #3). 

2- I have been in every place of skyrim except riften, and I can tell you from experience that I haven't found any major issues, although if you don't want to modify the cities you can skip that mods, just make sure  you don't install the patches these mods ask for.

Still working around DynDOLOD (and it is still a pain to work with). And the ambient Occlusion doesn't seem to do much. Run #283 incoming...

But i found something interesting:

Spoiler

Old version of the list.

Sawmill.jpg.50df9516fd2646f2e07ea1c4c9a1b8fc.jpg

New version of the list.

ScreenShot1239.jpg.811a029951f59ad4d3fbe18233022bce.jpg

If you constantly improve something the changes are slow and you don't really notice it. And then you find an older screenshot...

Maybe some of you will find this useful. The save is just before selecting the starting point of the game and every mod, that has been active at this point, has been configured. This should save you quite some time in the MCM.

Aylis Save 01.7z

Active mods not in the list (those are easy to remove with Fallrim Tools):

Spoiler

Creation Club:

CC - Arcane Accessories

CC - Arcane Archer Pack

CC - Nordic Jewelry                                                            <- You can get this one for free atm.

Mods in the test phase: 

Somebody Else's Problem

Serene Wispmothers                                                    Hope this is as good as in the screenshots

Hermaeus Mora - Water and tentacles

DX Dark Knight Armor                                                  Finally a DX armor without high heels! Always wanted this armor...

DX Dark Knight Armor - Update

DX Dark Knight Armor - Ebony Color

DX Dark Knight Armor - CBBE

DX Dark Knight Armor - Smaller Shield

Aldamar - Druid Mushroom Home                               Hope this is as good as in the screenshots

@Silk Well as he mentioned in the above post. The order in it is listed is the order of the load order. I have messed it up a few times. All i do to fix it is disable all mods (im using MO2) and just go down the list enabling them one at time. But yeah the load order is the order of the mod list. Just make sure to move certain mods around in the plugin section that is noted in the mod list as well as moving your ESM files to the top while maintaining the order they were loaded in. 

I have added extra mods and I have had no real issues. Only thing to be wary of is animations. If you go beyond 12000 animations in total nemesis will freak out and you will get a sliding character with no animations and if you go beyond 15000 animations you will get CTDs. Other than that I have added various mods that i personally enjoy having in my game and I have no conflicts or issues provided that you check the mod you are adding because sometimes there can be a conflict if its doing something with a mod from the list. So you will need to do a bit of reading and understand how your mod will interact with the other mods. Just from what I have encountered so far. 

23 hours ago, wollboi said:

@ascendentkunglao Have you tried reinstalling it? It will automatically catch anything that it needs based on your load order. And are you absolutely sure it's JK's Interiors that's causing the issue?

I could be wrong I think I got it stable recently by redownloading patches and the JK's main files but I honestly don't know what fixed it.  I just redownloaded, reinstalled, did the same with patches, placed them towards the bottom of the load order and reflected @Aylis screenshot and it solved itself. 

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Later (got enough here atm) i'll take a look at Highly Improved Male Body Overhaul -HIMBO-. It looks imo more realistic than the bodybuilder style we got now.

This is very relevant to my interests, as I will be creating a new Skyrim SE install for a bard character who is most definitely not your 'ripped to shreds' male body type.

I was originally going to follow the 'Skryim 2021 Modding Guide' on Nexus, and it looks like your (very well-written!) guide has some cross-over with it. Have there been users who have followed both guides? I want to make sure there are no major conflicts, or if following your guide exclusively will serve the same 'smooth gaming experience' function I'm going for, and have achieved with Fallout New Vegas.

On 2/28/2021 at 1:04 PM, wollboi said:

@ascendentkunglao All of the patches for JK's Interiors are ESL-flagged ESPs. They aren't going to count towards your limit.

Okay it seems to me when I place Radiant Raiment in the plugin load order based on the guide it causes a CTD after loading game save, but when I just had it at the bottom randomly when I reinstalled it worked fine?  I'm confused a bit, any tips?

Yup just confirmed it ran it with it in the plugin load order based on the guide with it next to all the other "Area" mods and CTD but with it at the end gets past the save loading and seems fine.

1 hour ago, ascendentkunglao said:

I could be wrong I think I got it stable recently by redownloading patches and the JK's main files but I honestly don't know what fixed it.  I just redownloaded, reinstalled, did the same with patches, placed them towards the bottom of the load order and reflected @Aylis screenshot and it solved itself. 

It happends to me quite often since (duno if its just the CND server) Nexus gets down constantly, and you can still download files yet they will get corrupted, it can even happend if you download it manually.

Sadly theres no way to tell if a download got corrupted, but if you see a download reestarting a couple of times (or once) on any modmanager its a good sign that the mod might get corrupted. Even if you can install it just fine.

@Aylis
Out of curiosity, whats the process you are doing on DynDOLOD? I dont mean details but just how tf you do that changes? it blows my mind.

Btw that savegame you posted on the other post can be used as an example to config the mods on MCM? im getting problems to configure it correctly and since im still testing a mayor mod i included on the list (skyfem) is a pain to configure MCM every time i do a new save game to test stuff. 

@zattoru and @dezireal Thank you for the information, gonna bear it in mind if and when I have to re-do my install. Main thing that keeps screwing me over is the creature framework, no matter what I do I can't seem to get things working correctly, and if I tinker too much I seem to have problems elsewhere.

O.o, so many questions... 

@BlueInkAlchemist

First, welcome to LL (and the thread).

I don't know the other guide so i can't say anything about it. Only, if you take a look at the most endorsed mods at Nexus, that a lot of them are listed here as well. Those mods have proven themselves over the years so they appear in almost every guide for Skyrim SE. The bigger differences are based on personal preference and some hidden gems that most don't even look for.

Especially the later part was something where i spent weeks on and why there are so many small (especially texture) mods included. The whole look has to flow together and nothing should be there that sticks out like a sore thumb. Atm there are three minor things i'm still not so really happy with (i just hope that they are not engine related), but it is only a matter of time 'til i manage to fix them too.

For a smooth experience check out my recommended system specs. If you exceed those 'minimum specs' you should have a lot of fun.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

1. By spending a lot of time testing. I just finished the 283rd rerun (aka 566+ hours for that mod alone) and hoping that it doesn't have or cause issues. Sadly the instructions are spread around, sometimes quite old, hard to read and/or even conflicting... Right now i'm throwing AO at the wall and hope it sticks.

2. Thats the plan. I might later™ make one without optional mods and the mods in testing. But i got no ETA when i'm able to do so. As it is now i need ~one hour to get through the MCM and then i might still have forgotten a setting or two. That is the part of the character creation i really hate.

3. Atm it is standard (aka only one).

@ascendentkunglao 

You might want to recheck the lighting mods. Last time i heard something similar it was the lighting/meshes in that area (the palace if i remember correctly) causing issues.

@Silk

That part is the thorn in my side. Way too many modders adding their own spices into the same dish. And we're the ones having to figure out how it is supposed to work together. And when an update drops the whole 'fun' starts again...

As some of you asked me to do that i started a Patreon. Nothing special and thats me doing something like this for the first time in my life...

Most of the time i will be here, so that one is for those of you that want to support me with all the work on this guide (better said providing me with a steady supply of much needed coffee and cookies ?).

So I was checking on a Trees Addon update that might have fixed the billboards issue and then Nexus exploded.

Edit - Nevermind, it's back up. The author of Trees Addon fixed the issue with billboards. I think it's probably good to update now. I'll update it and run DynDOLOD, but might not be able to test it tonight (got to be at work at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow).

Edit Edit - Actually, since it's a reupload of the last version, it's probably good to leave it alone. It has gone back to version "1.0" though, so @Aylis may want to remove the note to use 1.3.2.

@Silk If your creature mods aren't playing nice together then I think that means they're working as intended. I'd say that if they were all working properly, then something has to be wrong.

49 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Actually, since it's a reupload of the last version, it's probably good to leave it alone. It has gone back to version "1.0" though, so @Aylis may want to remove the note to use 1.3.2.

Thanks for the info. Done

Updated the entries for the 'Creation Club'.

@Aylis, thanks for the tip.  Just would've never thought to check the lighting mods when it comes to JK's mods and it's patches.  Weird. 

Well I'll troubleshoot from there just really odd that there were no issues until I started the last update...mmmmm very interesting!  

Cheers again all you people in here! 

So I'm in Weather and Lighting section, and noticed that I didn't have the patches for Window Shadows for all the JK stuff.  Wish me luck!

Okay, still no idea I just installed all the patches for Window Shadows in "Weather and Lighting" had Radiant Raiment in load order spot with the rest of JK's mods and CTD upon loading save.  Moved Radiant Raiment right above the USSEP patch and I'm good.

Any idea how that placement would effect the game or should I just do more troubleshooting?

4 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

Or does Attraction do something different?

Initial attraction and attractiveness levels influence relationship with NPCs. NPCs are friendlier to those they are attracted to.

Arousal is how horny everyone is.

2 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Any idea how that placement would effect the game or should I just do more troubleshooting?

I'll try to think of something...