Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, dividuum said:

@AylisNot sure if it's an error or if I missed something, but your NPCs Section is gone :0

WHAT THE ...!

How's that even possible?

So much for a nice afternoon playing Skyrim... Fixing right NOW! Done

I hate having to go through 30 pages of a thread to find what you're looking for!

9 hours ago, wollboi said:

[...]they look very samey.[,,,]

That is just the thing. For compability reasons any decent npc replacer still defaults back to the vanilla body (or whatever you replaced it with).

So the only real customization option a mod author has is toying around with the weight slider and putting work into the facegen.

Which obviously makes all npcs look fairly similar, especially if you chose a body preset that is memorable.

Now there are a bunch of mods that promise automatic body randomization... they are mostly either crap, performance hogs or both.

Which is kinda hilarious because RaceMenu already has the option to randomize npc bodies while still maintaining compability with all the shiny gear we added. BodyGen is just annoying to setup.

15 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

That is just the thing. For compability reasons any decent npc replacer still defaults back to the vanilla body (or whatever you replaced it with).

So the only real customization option a mod author has is toying around with the weight slider and putting work into the facegen.

Which obviously makes all npcs look fairly similar, especially if you chose a body preset that is memorable.

Now there are a bunch of mods that promise automatic body randomization... they are mostly either crap, performance hogs or both.

Which is kinda hilarious because RaceMenu already has the option to randomize npc bodies while still maintaining compability with all the shiny gear we added. BodyGen is just annoying to setup.

That's not what we mean though, at least I mean the faces and hair, which the mod is for, the older version has more variety which the newer one hasn't yet, but the newer one is higher quality in general.

50 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

I couldn't agree more (and i tested quite a few). 

I've also tried some presets like Gen Body (were different ones at that time, but those i used are gone) to have a wider range regarding the body. But then you run into a big problem with the textures. Slim types don't need a shadow below the breasts, but heavier ones require a shadow to look good. That should be easy to make, but we only have one texture for the skin available in the game. And if you try to find a mix between the two extremes it will still look off.

29 minutes ago, wollboi said:

I'd say the newer version has the potential to be the best of both worlds going forward--aesthetics and technical quality.

That's why i made the upgrade (and being able to get rid of some other mods). Version one will probably not get any updates anymore.

@RedAcer

I have just started the game with an older savegame. Worked here...

The list is the same as mine here (just checked to make sure).

Please check your LO if it is the same as here:

Spoiler

Below the last blue line are the patches that have been there before the update.

Untitled.jpg.2ff34a0eb289c89a43f8ebc7e00d28de.jpg

Also have you rerun the 'Bashed Patch'?

Oh, almost forgot: i did rerun 'NetImmerse Override Cleaner' and 'Skyrim Skse Cleaner'. It might be unrelated to the update, as i usually run those at the end of each month, but you never know.

To anyone using the new high poly npc's, could you go check what alvor in riverwood looks like? I just want to make sure I'm not the only one. For me he has brownish reddish hair with his usual blonde eyebrows and beard even though he is supposed to have blonde hair aswell. Same with Dirge in the thieves guild. A lot of blonde npc's seem to have the same brownish reddish hair.

Re: Presets

That is why I always end up with BodyGen. Every NPC being almost the same body annoys me too much to let it stand so I usually pick the dozen least horrible presets convert them into slidersettings and let the dice roll. Good enough for random bandit #433 and if a more prominent npc ends up with some unpleasing BMI I can use some other mod to undo the bad roll.

3 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

Re: Presets

That is why I always end up with BodyGen. Every NPC being almost the same body annoys me too much to let it stand so I usually pick the dozen least horrible presets convert them into slidersettings and let the dice roll. Good enough for random bandit #433 and if a more prominent npc ends up with some unpleasing BMI I can use some other mod to undo the bad roll.

Again, I don't mean the body, I mean the face, which is covered by facegen and the hairs in the new high poly npc replacer are wigs, which would explain the color mismatch.

1 hour ago, Sinastra said:

To anyone using the new high poly npc's, could you go check what alvor in riverwood looks like? I just want to make sure I'm not the only one. For me he has brownish reddish hair with his usual blonde eyebrows and beard even though he is supposed to have blonde hair aswell. Same with Dirge in the thieves guild. A lot of blonde npc's seem to have the same brownish reddish hair.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1152.png.01004eb81c37afa3100d2d78702a328c.png

On my side he isn't blonde...

Spoiler

ScreenShot1227.png.4675fa487a2f3b8e7573a2c62de24bf7.png

Maybe the look got baked into the savegame?

I'll take a look into it...

@wollboi @Sinastra

€1: With 'Beards' there is a slight discoloration.

Without 'Beards' there is a very obvious difference.

Different lighting:

Spoiler

ScreenShot1229.png.8085850188cbcf2293ad4d6af17d8410.png

€2: Gone through several mods now. There's always a slight discoloration and with some mods it becomes quite obvious.

Seems there's nothing i can do from my side about it.

13 hours ago, Aylis said:

Previous update 

Updating status to '3.1.2'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

This should fix the problems with the patches. Sadly it does require some movement of mods.

REMOVED mods:

None atm.

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Armor:

Unique Armors

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3)                                                                  Moved within the group

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3) SE UNP-CBBE                                                            ''

Gigaduex's Armor Set CBBE                                                                                  ''

Gigaduex BodySlide - CBBE                                                                                  '' 

Gigaduex's Armor Sets SE Physics Addon - CBBE CBP                                         ''

Unofficial Unimmersive Gigaduex's Armor Changes                                            ''

Gigaduex's Armor Set - Hair                                                                                 ''

Gigaduex Amulet Display Version                                                                         ''

Triss Armor Retextured SE - CBBE 3BBB Bodyslide                                               ''

Weapons:

Unique Weapons

CL's Rapier                                                                                              Moved within the group

Hadhafang

Ritevice

Unique Bows

Mirkwood Bow

Rivendell Bow

Lovers Lab:

Subgroup: Futanari

Inserted all mods regarding 'Futanari' from the group 'Lovers Lab'.

Subgroup: Creatures

Inserted all mods regarding 'Creatures' from the group 'Lovers Lab'.

Subgroup: Additional Animations

Inserted the optional animations from the group 'Lovers Lab'.

Patches:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection                                                                      Moved from 'Area'

JK's The Winking Skeever - AS Patch                                                           Moved from 'Override'

MLU - JKs The Drunken Huntsman-ESL                                                                       ''

MorrowLoot Ultimate - Guards Armor Replacer Patch                                                ''

Vanilla Armor Replacers Patches                                                                                  ''

? Reinstall: Reliquary of Myth - Artifact Overhaul                                     We want to add its patches here while the mods ESP stays where it was.

Capital Windhelm Expansion - JK Skyrim Patch                                            Moved from 'Weather and Lighting'

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Dawn Patch                                                                 ''

Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS XD Patch                                                       ''

QUASIPC                                                                                                       Moved from 'Final'

lilebonymace's patches                                                                                                ''

Important updates:

None atm.

UPLOAD:

None atm.

Added/Updated entries:

Added the group 'Patches' to the modlist.

Added 'Unique ...' and 'Subgroup: ...' to improve the acessability of the list.

Checking out:

Reveal hidden contents

Just tried to update and I feel like I'm at my limit with plugins, everytime I try to use all that patches for JK's mods it ends up crashing after loading the save file.

1 hour ago, cloudmc said:

The 2.0 one is currently just replacing everything in the main download also

That are awful big billboards... I guess thats an error the OA made.

I'd stick with the older version (aka 1.3.2) for now. Added that to the list.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!! some crazy dude has shaved women while they were  sleeping in skyrim, if someone has information on who is the crazy dude pls report to the authorities.

ScreenShot1.jpg.c641d03918a7def360a245bd27fcac68.jpg

in others news, i think a mesh is missing (?) ...

ScreenShot0.jpg.f416a0a09d86d19481e31fadc194f2b2.jpg

and finally the" Player Size Adjuster and First Person Camera Height Fix"  does not initialize, it appears in the MCM but it doesn't activate when I click "click to enable", suggestions?

@zattoru

First of all: screenshots belong into spoilers!

Second: JPG not PNG!

1. Hair not set up correctly.

2. Missing textures.

On 3/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, Aylis said:

General tips for issue

Spoiler

Blue/purple look        - Missing textures

Invisible objects         - Usually missing meshes

CTD at a certain spot - Usually a problem with meshes - sometimes a texture

Random CTD             - Could be Skyrim being Skyrim... Or anything else. Those are hard to fix.

Lagging execution     - Too many scripts for the used system.

Overlapping objects  - Two mods modifying the same spot.

Infinite load               - Usually either a missing master or the wrong mod for LE in the LO.

Managed to fix the conflict between 'Sleep Tight SE' and 'Go to Bed'. We need to add 'Sleep Tight no boots' and then set the 'Sleepwear' in 'Go to Bed'.

Updating the list and post #4978. Done

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@zattoru

First of all: screenshots belong into spoilers!

Second: JPG not PNG!

1. Hair not set up correctly.

2. Missing textures.

Managed to fix the conflict between 'Sleep Tight SE' and 'Go to Bed'. We need to add 'Sleep Tight no boots' and then set the 'Sleepwear' in 'Go to Bed'.

Updating the list and post #4978. Done

? Upss... my bad... Done !, I already put the spoiler tag and change the format of the images ... as for the mods:
1. It seems that when I installed "KS Hairdos - HDT SMP (Physics)", I didn't activate the wigs option in the FOMOD, my bad, but in my defense I installed it a year ago and since it wasn't updated I didn't pay much attention to it. ..
2. the problem was that I had installed the meshes for DSR (Dual Sheath Redux). I'm not really sure even when I install it, hahaha.
Thanks

Thank you!!! :D

58 minutes ago, Dvisraak said:

can someone help me with this load order , i'm still a newbie thoughloadorder.txtmodlist.txt i experienced CTD when try to open my character's clothes, when looting and when to fight animals or bandits I appreciated your help

1. Well I'm not the best, but you can try to mimic the way load order is handled in this guide, it's very effective.
2. the add-ons (plugins) flagged as ESM (MO2 shows them in Bold), you should manually move them to the top (keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch.
3. Avoid sorting the order of the the add-ons (plugins)  with LOOT and MO2.  However you can use LOOT for incompatibility or missing patches (note that LOOT uses a database for this so you should see if there is an update)

6 minutes ago, zattoru said:

1. Well I'm not the best, but you can try to mimic the way load order is handled in this guide, it's very effective.
2. the add-ons (plugins) flagged as ESM (MO2 shows them in Bold), you should manually move them to the top (keeping the order in which they were installed) and check that the patches are below the mods they are supposed to patch.
3. Avoid sorting the order of the the add-ons (plugins)  with LOOT and MO2.  However you can use LOOT for incompatibility or missing patches (note that LOOT uses a database for this so you should see if there is an update)

So where can i find the load order in this guide?

Great guide, however, I can't help but feel that not enough of the mods are marked as FPS heavy or scriptheavy. I'm gonna run skyrim se on an old-ish gaming laptop and I know it will struggle with half the mods. I have plenty of experience modding on a strong rig.

It would be helpful if there was a "not-so-severe, but still fps-heavy" marker for some of the mods. I might come back with a list of mods deserving of such a marking.