Aylis

Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.1.8 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

So I noticed your section for getting a good bow at the start. I thought I'd share one of the guaranteed hidden MLU spawns I found.

Be warned though, it basically trivializes the game, as I'm not sure you can even find a stronger, non-unique bow.

Spoiler

1. Go straight to Angi's Camp in the mountains south of Falkreath. The "camping in the woods" alt start gets you the closest, I believe.

2. Under/on/next to the bed will be a bow. If it's not there, it fell through the cabin floor. Use free cam and the console commands "GetPos Z" and "SetPos Z" to raise it back above ground.

3. Congrats! You now have a Ebony Bow of Immobilizing. Taking it does not count as stealing.

4. Do Angi's quest/befriend her to be able to take her amulet that gives +15% bow damage. Or steal it.

Now you can fight lv 15-20 enemies at lv 1.

I don't recommend doing it though. Not real fun.

@Aylis My man , sorry for bothering you once more:

But i really do not like these armors, yet i cant spot from what mod they are, maybe you or someone else can tell me from what mod they are? i dont seem them much but it still bothers me.  Im pretty sure at least one of them are from vanilla game and i have no idea why they are in my game since i have a replacer for clothes and other for armors,

(im using BD + TAWOBA replacers btw, so it stands out whenever i see those vanilla looking armors)  Also some ice spikes are way too shiny, i have only see them in that same street where this 2 pics where taken, not important.

I also saw that the next update is almost ready, would you recomend swapping to that once it comes out? i hace the current one you have right now on the guide, and so far everything is 10/10. So i have no idea if its worth doing the swap.                       
Thanks for the help once more

Spoiler

90588221_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.25-03_24_45_68.png.11d8e352bb44df9714c2ba545bfa2286.png

Spoiler

1148093836_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.25-03_26_58_55.png.fe8e44535adaa9d103df9e060d8d0e1d.png

Previous update

Updating status to '3.1.1'.

Cleaning the list and updating mods to newer versions.

REMOVED mods:

Foundation:

Premium Pine Upgrades                                                       Doesn't work as i thought it would.

Textures:

Deathbell by Mari                                                                 Got replaced by the AIO

Dragons tongue by Mari                                                                      ''

Hanging moss by Mari                                                                         '' 

Ivy by Mari                                                                                            ''

Juniper by Mari                                                                                     ''

Lavender by Mari                                                                                  ''

Mountain flower by Mari                                                                      ''

Nightshade by Mari                                                                              ''

Nirnroot by Mari                                                                                   ''

Spiky grass by Mari                                                                               ''

Tundra cotton by Mari                                                                          ''

Thistle by Mari SE                                                                                  ''

PC:

CBBE Muscle Solution                                                           Even toned down are some of the results just scary!

CBBE Muscle Solution Patch                                                 Redundant

Armor:

Guards Armor - Bodyslide Files

NPC:

Elegant Queen - Elisif Replacer for SSE                                 V2.0 of the NPC Overhaul makes this redundant

High Poly NPC Overhaul - SSE Loose                                    V2.0 of the NPC Overhaul makes this redundant

Bijin NPCs SE

Bijin Warmaidens SE

Bijin Wives SE

Bijin AIO for USSEP 

Bijin - Your Bodyslide Mesh and Texture

Beautiful Lydia Replacer

Beautiful Jordis Replacer

DJQ Zafira - Rayya Replacer

Weather and Lighting:

Interior Floating Fog Remover                                               Conflicts with the fog.

Windows Shadows Patch Hub                                               Got integrated into the main mod.

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE - Alternative Branches                 For those who want darker branches.

Area:

JK's Blue Palace                                                                     Not sure if i should be happy or not. Whenever i look away JK uploads another mod...

Bleak falls barrow - Revisited

Embershard Mine - Revisited

Halted Stream Camp - Revisited

White River Watch - Revisited

Textures:

Mari's flora 

Armor:

NordwarUAs Guards Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Vanilla Armor Replacer - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Race Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Faction Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs New Legion Armor Replacers - Bodyslide        Renamed 

Override:

RAB Skill experience from reading books                             This one got a bug which i think is actually an advantage. See comments on Nexus

NPC:

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources - KS Hairdos HDT SMP

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0

High Poly NPC Overhaul - HighRes FaceTint 2.04

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Dawn of Skyrim

High Poly NPC Overhaul - MLU Patch

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined SE

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined - Hotfix

Weather and Lighting:

Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS XD Patch

Morning Fogs SSE - Thin Fog                                               Now works as it should and no blocky fog anymore.

Important updates:

Window Shadows

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess

UPLOAD:

Updated SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' with the previously missing bodyslides.

Spoiler

Faction Armor                     Optional bodyslides for Unplayable Faction Armors SSE

Guards Armor                     Optional bodyslides for 'Guards Armor Replacer'. (Got an update) 

Modified Vanilla Armor       Optional bodyslides for NordWarUA's Vanilla Armor Replacers SSE

Race Armor                         Optional bodyslides for NordWarUA's Race Armor Expansion

Legion Armor                      Optional bodyslides for New Legion

Added/Updated entries:

Mari's Flora to post #3

Checking out:

13 hours ago, wollboi said:

@dezireal I wouldn't skip the ENB at all. So many things in the list depend on it that it's going to be easy to think you don't need something that you really do. ENBs are ridiculously easy to install anyway. Just copy the files to your Skyrim folder and you're done. Did you not install it because of machine performance issues?

To find out which mod is causing the issue, start a new game and only enable one section of the list at a time. Run/fast travel (you can open the console and type "showallmapmarkers" to quickly fast travel there). Leave Live Another Life enabled to bypass the intro. If you're able to enter the store, then you know the fault isn't in that section of mods and you can go on to the next section (Foundation, SKSE Extensions, UI, etc.). Eventually you'll find the section that has the mod that's causing the issue. Then you'll just have to disable/enable mods until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

Ah I dont know why I didn't think of going that route. An excellent Idea that Im gonna go through and do now. Just going to go through the Updated changed and then will go through each section and will narrow it down and will report back with what i found as the problem and see what i did wrong. 

Yeah I know that the mod collection is based off the ENB I guess I'm not that familiar with the ENB because I know it hits performance big time. Like at the moment without the ENB im sitting around 50-60 fps when in outside in the world. With the ENB it hits me down to 30-40 fps. I have a GTX 1060 6gb and 24gigs RAM with an i7 7700k so i dont know if its me or im not setting it up correctly. 

10 hours ago, axz2 said:

I've never used ENBs partially because of concern about doing it right, but mostly because of concern about performance, playing on a laptop, which does have a discrete graphics chip but its only a 960M with 4GB.

Yep pretty much the short story of why I have avoided the ENB as well as described above. 

@Jessica_Degurechaff

The new bodyslides are for the armors you want to check.

If it is worth it for you is something only you can decide. For me it was. There are very few things left i want to improve on (like the waterfalls and other small things).

@dezireal

The thing is you're missing a lot not using an ENB. Views like this (or the screenshot section) wouldn't be possible without it:

Spoiler

Plains.jpg.1b719a4f46d8b0814d103cd44862f0d3.jpg

ScreenShot1177.jpg.314c358328d24bea4d60c4727aedaaba.jpg

ScreenShot1215.jpg.c1720249e6931c56c74f990f0e540273.jpg

ScreenShot1184.jpg.99abbf70a3d508e19a5a446c51f0a028.jpg

ScreenShot1218.jpg.67c14c30ffb2b17420ee098eec2d4f76.jpg

ScreenShot1195.jpg.38b36220c9182f965f765b93fe5f315a.jpg

ScreenShot1210.jpg.4705544e4935d42673e69d3d995c1c69.jpg

ScreenShot1217.jpg.af1779fafe970b5e4d24ac23eeda4f72.jpg

I've only got an old Radeon 570 (i'd need a year to have enough money to get a new one at the current prices). But the game gives me acceptable FPS despite using Rudy's ENB. At least check out the two Reshades i recommended. They arn't so powerhungry and will improve the visuals.

Also use my ini files for Skyrim to compare them with your own (link at the bottom of post #2). You can gain so much by tweaking the settings there.

In the next few days i'll rework the bodyslides for 'Wrong Body'. A few things in there are propably not needed anymore and i have to reorganize them to follow the same structure as the ones for 'Greek Goddess'.

@Aylis

Re: "I've only got an old Radeon 570 (i'd need a year to have enough money to get a new one at the current prices). But the game gives me acceptable FPS despite using Rudy's ENB."

But it seems like my graphics is about 50 to 80 percent as fast as your Radeon in terms of game performance (less than half in a number of synthetic benchmarks but they are probably less important)

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-960M-vs-AMD-RX-570/m27242vs3924

Would your frame rates still be acceptable if they were 20 to 50 percent lower?

@Aylis Alright yeah i know as far as how things look and the effects are a huge part of ENB, after supper this evening I will sit with the ENB properly and get it installed along with the INI tweaks and see. To be fair the last time I tried to use an ENB was ages ago so definitely wouldnt hurt to try ^.^ thank you for the feedback really do appreciate it 

@wollboi Alright so I did what you suggested with trying it out in section by section. I have narrowed it down to something I honestly didn't even begin to think was a problem. But given to what Aylis mentioned yesterday about it most likely relating to a mesh issue. Turns out SMIM is the problem. It appears that it may have been corrupted or something during download? So im redownloading it now and going to see. 

But again just wanted to say thank you very much for the feedback and advice along with this great collection/installation of mods :) 

@axz2

Before that i had a Radeon 280X. Sort of playable with ~25 FPS (but i wouldn't recommend it ;) ). The small VRAM and constant swapping were the biggest problem. Add an FX 8320 to the mix and it becomes... lets say 'interesting'.

With the switch to the 570 and an SSD, but still the old FX, it became playable. Then the upgrade to the Ryzen and some tuning of the Skyrim ini... that did really help. 

Ouch! With the benchmark this looks really bad. But the big issue with mobile GPU is that they never get close to their 'official discrete couterpart'. If you're lucky it gets close to a 'real' 950, worst case it is more a 940. Neither i'd recommend for playing (especially a heavily modded) game(s).

The prices are nuts. Even my old 570 now costs more than what i payed for years ago? *speechless*

On new game build, so still testing:

1. Had to use the old version of CF. (Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2A-SE). New version just won't work consistently.

2. SLACS was broken for me. It seems to work if SLACS is installed before the new version of Sexlab Aroused Creatures.

@jap2015

1. The big problem i had were old animations. Those almost always failed. Sadly it is not so obvious which belong into that category (i'm only sure about the ones included in Sexlab).

2. For that one you have to go through its MCM (and the right configuration in Sexlab). In the beginning i had a few problems, now it works fine.

@Aylis

1. The new CF simply does not work for everyone. (No one seems to know why, maybe old CPU "I3770k" or "win7" thing).  I felt it was worth mentioning.

And there is an upside for those of us how can't use the newer CF... All animations seem to play well.

2. Yeah, what you said, and also performing at least 2 different sex types (vag, oral, anal) before it kicks in. (Duh).

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

i dont understand what you mean with that, sorry.

What i do mean its that i want to deactivate the mod that adds those, these slides too: (not just dawnguard)

The first pics you showed were partially from NordwarUA. Now you show me pics from CBBE (its in the name). Reinstall CBBE and check the options you choose.

Just some feedback from the issue before, turns out it was SMIM having been corrupted during download initially and now its all fixed and running like a dream. 

Also installed the ENB with the tweaks that you have advised and it is a bit of knock on performance but really not as bad as i thought it was going to be and very manageable. So everything's looking amazing :D 

So got everything up and running :D  thanks once again for the help, advice, hard work and effort being put here, will still be able for the updates! 

5 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The first pics you showed were partially from NordwarUA. Now you show me pics from CBBE (its in the name). Reinstall CBBE and check the options you choose.

I see, they are really similar so i thought they both where from vanilla, thank you. 

Also, some npcs get stuck on (invisible) terrain , this only on the jarl palace entrace at riften, not particulary important since theres no CDT or anything it just that the guards stay there and dont "patrol".     (they do move and chase people both inside and outside the palce so its no that they cant enter

@axz2 As someone who used to play this game heavily modded on a laptop, I 100% understand friend. Sounds like a jet engine taking off.

@dezireal Nice! Happy adventuring.

Been looking forward to this update! Can't wait to see all these high poly faces. (... but no way am I getting rid of CBBE Muscle)

Reminder to re-run JK's Interiors Patch with the addition of Blue Palace to add a patch for Skyrim Sewers.

@Aylis Did you not like the New Legion bodyslide files?

10 hours ago, Aylis said:

@axz2

Ouch! With the benchmark this looks really bad. But the big issue with mobile GPU is that they never get close to their 'official discrete couterpart'. If you're lucky it gets close to a 'real' 950, worst case it is more a 940. Neither i'd recommend for playing (especially a heavily modded) game(s).

The prices are nuts. Even my old 570 now costs more than what i payed for years ago? *speechless*

The benchmark link I put in my last post was for the mobile version.  Desktop version wouldn't be as bad.   If you could upgrade my laptop's graphics I would, but I'd have to buy a new computer to do that.  And playing Skyrim LE (and the limited extent that I've played SE) without an EMB has mostly resulted in OK performance as long as I don't try to put a bunch of high-res textures (normally 2K or sometimes less).

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

Did you not like the New Legion bodyslide files?

Oooops, overlooked that one...

Thanks @wollboi

Added:  🟡 JKs Blue Palace - LoS II - TML Patch.esp < JK's Interiors Patch Collection

I have been playing for about a week with the mods, but I was getting less than 20 fps outside so I had to disable all the lod gens and tree mods to get it to at least 25-30 fps with ENB. Did I mess up something? Im playing on r7 1700x, rx 580 8GB, 32GB ram. I mostly used 2K textures and although the Tips and Tricks advise to disable the mods marked with (FPS), there is only one like that and I dont think its even activated in daylight outside in forest without any action going on. If I had 17 fps outside I would still only get like 23 fps with enb disabled. In vanilla with the same enb I was getting around 47 fps minimum outside.

Also, what could cause this weird blending issues on terrain? Happened from the start regardless of any lod gens being active. The initial ride was kinda ugly (and shaky) because of this.

Spoiler

ScreenShot3.png.bdc4ffb6d90abef4bd4067676cc8e6b2.png

Also, do I need to re-run FNIS when disabling non-sexlab related animations like new idles or combat animations?

Thanks in advance.

Quickie question for anyone....is there any crafting overhaul included somewhere on this list?  I'm so used to having Complete Crafting Overhaul (CCOR) on the list, I have no idea how crafting would work without it.

@Ahtala

You got a better system than i do, i use mostly 4K textures and all the bells and whistles available, and you got worse FPS? There is something seriously wrong on your side.

1. Check your AV and make sure that your steam folder is excluded from it.

2. Make sure that your system is up-to-date. OS and drivers.

3. You did modify your settings for Skyrim (bottom of post #2), right?

4. Close unnecessary browser windows. Some browsers are a bit excessive.

5. Use DynDOLOD. It actually helps with the FPS.

Now to the pic. Make sure that the LO is correct and that you got the right versions of the snow mods. Not all shaders are working correctly with the list ('til they get updated/patched). Groundtextures should have a high quality. They are the ones you'll constantly see.

Depends on the used mod. DAR is just 'install and play', the rest often requires FNIS or Nemesis.

Anyone got tips for maximizing FPS and minimally effecting the visual fidelity.  I am in awe everytime I play, but near Windhelm I'm literally hovering over 20-30s on frames.  I'm rocking a 5600X and 5700XT, I'm just trying to gather some suggestions.  Also curious to what other peoples frames are looking like?

@AylisTotally looking for any advice on what you would do or if you have any suggestions.  Beth INI?  Lowering the Dyndolod settings from 512 to 256 (which I tried but doesn't really boost much?)  Maybe even downsizing the textures of installed mods?  Did I miss something amongst your very generous and well thoughout guide!? LOL  

THANKS, I have a beautiful Orc waifu...

56 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Ahtala

You got a better system than i do, i use mostly 4K textures and all the bells and whistles available, and you got worse FPS? There is something seriously wrong on your side.

1. Check your AV and make sure that your steam folder is excluded from it.

2. Make sure that your system is up-to-date. OS and drivers.

3. You did modify your settings for Skyrim (bottom of post #2), right?

4. Close unnecessary browser windows. Some browsers are a bit excessive.

5. Use DynDOLOD. It actually helps with the FPS.

Now to the pic. Make sure that the LO is correct and that you got the right versions of the snow mods. Not all shaders are working correctly with the list ('til they get updated/patched).

Depends on the used mod. DAR is just 'install and play', the rest often requires FNIS or Nemesis.

Well I have a few questions "AV" is what exactly? Do I use your ini files to edit it through SKSE or just drag to where my .exe is located?

3 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

Quickie question for anyone....is there any crafting overhaul included somewhere on this list?  I'm so used to having Complete Crafting Overhaul (CCOR) on the list, I have no idea how crafting would work without it.

You should be able to add CCOR just fine. It just eats performance (only an issue if you are at the lower end of recommended system specs) and the various armour replacers in this list need some fiddling to play nice. (i.e. make your own compability patch like outlined in the CCOR tutorials)

----snip----

AV = anti virus