Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@Aylis

Re: "I've only got an old Radeon 570 (i'd need a year to have enough money to get a new one at the current prices). But the game gives me acceptable FPS despite using Rudy's ENB."

But it seems like my graphics is about 50 to 80 percent as fast as your Radeon in terms of game performance (less than half in a number of synthetic benchmarks but they are probably less important)

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-960M-vs-AMD-RX-570/m27242vs3924

Would your frame rates still be acceptable if they were 20 to 50 percent lower?

@Aylis Alright yeah i know as far as how things look and the effects are a huge part of ENB, after supper this evening I will sit with the ENB properly and get it installed along with the INI tweaks and see. To be fair the last time I tried to use an ENB was ages ago so definitely wouldnt hurt to try ^.^ thank you for the feedback really do appreciate it 

@wollboi Alright so I did what you suggested with trying it out in section by section. I have narrowed it down to something I honestly didn't even begin to think was a problem. But given to what Aylis mentioned yesterday about it most likely relating to a mesh issue. Turns out SMIM is the problem. It appears that it may have been corrupted or something during download? So im redownloading it now and going to see. 

But again just wanted to say thank you very much for the feedback and advice along with this great collection/installation of mods :) 

@axz2

Before that i had a Radeon 280X. Sort of playable with ~25 FPS (but i wouldn't recommend it ;) ). The small VRAM and constant swapping were the biggest problem. Add an FX 8320 to the mix and it becomes... lets say 'interesting'.

With the switch to the 570 and an SSD, but still the old FX, it became playable. Then the upgrade to the Ryzen and some tuning of the Skyrim ini... that did really help. 

Ouch! With the benchmark this looks really bad. But the big issue with mobile GPU is that they never get close to their 'official discrete couterpart'. If you're lucky it gets close to a 'real' 950, worst case it is more a 940. Neither i'd recommend for playing (especially a heavily modded) game(s).

The prices are nuts. Even my old 570 now costs more than what i payed for years ago? *speechless*

On new game build, so still testing:

1. Had to use the old version of CF. (Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2A-SE). New version just won't work consistently.

2. SLACS was broken for me. It seems to work if SLACS is installed before the new version of Sexlab Aroused Creatures.

@jap2015

1. The big problem i had were old animations. Those almost always failed. Sadly it is not so obvious which belong into that category (i'm only sure about the ones included in Sexlab).

2. For that one you have to go through its MCM (and the right configuration in Sexlab). In the beginning i had a few problems, now it works fine.

@Aylis

1. The new CF simply does not work for everyone. (No one seems to know why, maybe old CPU "I3770k" or "win7" thing).  I felt it was worth mentioning.

And there is an upside for those of us how can't use the newer CF... All animations seem to play well.

2. Yeah, what you said, and also performing at least 2 different sex types (vag, oral, anal) before it kicks in. (Duh).

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

i dont understand what you mean with that, sorry.

What i do mean its that i want to deactivate the mod that adds those, these slides too: (not just dawnguard)

The first pics you showed were partially from NordwarUA. Now you show me pics from CBBE (its in the name). Reinstall CBBE and check the options you choose.

Just some feedback from the issue before, turns out it was SMIM having been corrupted during download initially and now its all fixed and running like a dream. 

Also installed the ENB with the tweaks that you have advised and it is a bit of knock on performance but really not as bad as i thought it was going to be and very manageable. So everything's looking amazing :D 

So got everything up and running :D  thanks once again for the help, advice, hard work and effort being put here, will still be able for the updates! 

5 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The first pics you showed were partially from NordwarUA. Now you show me pics from CBBE (its in the name). Reinstall CBBE and check the options you choose.

I see, they are really similar so i thought they both where from vanilla, thank you. 

Also, some npcs get stuck on (invisible) terrain , this only on the jarl palace entrace at riften, not particulary important since theres no CDT or anything it just that the guards stay there and dont "patrol".     (they do move and chase people both inside and outside the palce so its no that they cant enter

@axz2 As someone who used to play this game heavily modded on a laptop, I 100% understand friend. Sounds like a jet engine taking off.

@dezireal Nice! Happy adventuring.

Been looking forward to this update! Can't wait to see all these high poly faces. (... but no way am I getting rid of CBBE Muscle)

Reminder to re-run JK's Interiors Patch with the addition of Blue Palace to add a patch for Skyrim Sewers.

@Aylis Did you not like the New Legion bodyslide files?

10 hours ago, Aylis said:

@axz2

Ouch! With the benchmark this looks really bad. But the big issue with mobile GPU is that they never get close to their 'official discrete couterpart'. If you're lucky it gets close to a 'real' 950, worst case it is more a 940. Neither i'd recommend for playing (especially a heavily modded) game(s).

The prices are nuts. Even my old 570 now costs more than what i payed for years ago? *speechless*

The benchmark link I put in my last post was for the mobile version.  Desktop version wouldn't be as bad.   If you could upgrade my laptop's graphics I would, but I'd have to buy a new computer to do that.  And playing Skyrim LE (and the limited extent that I've played SE) without an EMB has mostly resulted in OK performance as long as I don't try to put a bunch of high-res textures (normally 2K or sometimes less).

I have been playing for about a week with the mods, but I was getting less than 20 fps outside so I had to disable all the lod gens and tree mods to get it to at least 25-30 fps with ENB. Did I mess up something? Im playing on r7 1700x, rx 580 8GB, 32GB ram. I mostly used 2K textures and although the Tips and Tricks advise to disable the mods marked with (FPS), there is only one like that and I dont think its even activated in daylight outside in forest without any action going on. If I had 17 fps outside I would still only get like 23 fps with enb disabled. In vanilla with the same enb I was getting around 47 fps minimum outside.

Also, what could cause this weird blending issues on terrain? Happened from the start regardless of any lod gens being active. The initial ride was kinda ugly (and shaky) because of this.

Spoiler

ScreenShot3.png.bdc4ffb6d90abef4bd4067676cc8e6b2.png

Also, do I need to re-run FNIS when disabling non-sexlab related animations like new idles or combat animations?

Thanks in advance.

@Ahtala

You got a better system than i do, i use mostly 4K textures and all the bells and whistles available, and you got worse FPS? There is something seriously wrong on your side.

1. Check your AV and make sure that your steam folder is excluded from it.

2. Make sure that your system is up-to-date. OS and drivers.

3. You did modify your settings for Skyrim (bottom of post #2), right?

4. Close unnecessary browser windows. Some browsers are a bit excessive.

5. Use DynDOLOD. It actually helps with the FPS.

Now to the pic. Make sure that the LO is correct and that you got the right versions of the snow mods. Not all shaders are working correctly with the list ('til they get updated/patched). Groundtextures should have a high quality. They are the ones you'll constantly see.

Depends on the used mod. DAR is just 'install and play', the rest often requires FNIS or Nemesis.

Anyone got tips for maximizing FPS and minimally effecting the visual fidelity.  I am in awe everytime I play, but near Windhelm I'm literally hovering over 20-30s on frames.  I'm rocking a 5600X and 5700XT, I'm just trying to gather some suggestions.  Also curious to what other peoples frames are looking like?

@AylisTotally looking for any advice on what you would do or if you have any suggestions.  Beth INI?  Lowering the Dyndolod settings from 512 to 256 (which I tried but doesn't really boost much?)  Maybe even downsizing the textures of installed mods?  Did I miss something amongst your very generous and well thoughout guide!? LOL  

THANKS, I have a beautiful Orc waifu...

56 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Ahtala

You got a better system than i do, i use mostly 4K textures and all the bells and whistles available, and you got worse FPS? There is something seriously wrong on your side.

Now to the pic. Make sure that the LO is correct and that you got the right versions of the snow mods. Not all shaders are working correctly with the list ('til they get updated/patched).

Depends on the used mod. DAR is just 'install and play', the rest often requires FNIS or Nemesis.

Well I have a few questions "AV" is what exactly? Do I use your ini files to edit it through SKSE or just drag to where my .exe is located?

3 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

Quickie question for anyone....is there any crafting overhaul included somewhere on this list?  I'm so used to having Complete Crafting Overhaul (CCOR) on the list, I have no idea how crafting would work without it.

You should be able to add CCOR just fine. It just eats performance (only an issue if you are at the lower end of recommended system specs) and the various armour replacers in this list need some fiddling to play nice. (i.e. make your own compability patch like outlined in the CCOR tutorials)

----snip----

AV = anti virus

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Ahtala

Now to the pic. Make sure that the LO is correct and that you got the right versions of the snow mods. Not all shaders are working correctly with the list ('til they get updated/patched).

I reinstalled drivers just to be sure, copied your settings in (I dont think they were in the guide when I did the final install), closed everything unnecessary and still got like 20-23 fps in the forest between Ivarstead and Riften. Think I gained like 3 fps but dont know whether its because of your .inis or just because I restarted the system after its been up for like a week.

Its very hard to play with the lods and tree addons enabled. On top of that, I just tried disabling all of the Kynes grass esps and the fps went up by 10-12 in the same area. Still got like 25 in Riverwood but if its just some hi-res plants preventing me from having a smooth experience then Im gonna be definitely disabling some more.

I dont know what the cause could be since there are so many mods, but my guess would be that some setting(I have set mine to ultra in launcher before doing the guide) handles perhaps shadows or transparency very poorly with the new mods active. Will do some more tests. Thanks for reply.

@Ahtala

'Kyne's Grass' is for the quality of the visuals and the combination of '3D Mountain Flowers' and '3D Pine Grass' cuts down its volume and fills gaps in KG. This combination actually improved the visuals and FPS here. The landscape mod i used before, and which they replaced, was requiring quite some horsepower. 

This are my standard settings (rest is done later via ini in MO2):

Spoiler

Settings.jpg.03bff1ac5fe9c05874ecae6207559112.jpg

Added the missing bodyslides to SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess':

Legion Armor                      Optional bodyslides for New Legion

Added to the list and post #4929 Done

NordwarUAs New Legion Armor Replacers - Bodyslide (Renamed) 

Reworked a few names and descriptions so you're better able to see that they belong together (sometimes the connection of the mods wasn't obvious).

?

Just saw that the thread got one million views...

When i started the thread, with ~200 mods, i thought one or two updates would be enough. Well, that didn't end up being the case. I completely underestimated the work and all the changes it would need (especially with all the updates to mods and new developments).

Adding to that were quite a few blunders on my side. I guess it only proves that i'm only human after all. ;)

Starting to create mods was something i never even considered. Then @Kokan gave me some textures for her player character. Weeks of cursing and tinkering later, her textures were for UNP while i needed them for CBBE, my first version of a texture pack was released. Now we are at Version 1.7 and i'm quite happy with it.

Best of all is all the support in bughunting and feedback i got and all the suggestions for mods i hadn't even considered. Without you guys and gals the list would be much different and we all (including me) would have a less goodlooking game. 

So it is my turn to say:

'Thank YOU. For everything YOU did'. ? 

Thank you, Aylis. I woke up one day and thought maybe I'd figure out if I could get one particular mod I saw on Youtube working. A few years later and modding this game is my #1 hobby, primarily due to this thread.

Seriously, you should think about starting a Patreon. I know you'd get more than a few subscribers just from here.