Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@ascendentkunglao In your ENB settings, disabling Field of View usually gets you a couple of extra frames (and I hate FoV so it's win-win for me).

Unrelated - The Capital Windhelm Embers XD patch was renamed. Now there are two separate ones for HD and XD. The renaming of the plugin seems to make Wrye unhappy. Pretty sure it's a false positive though.

@Aylis For Windows Shaders, you don't have a purple "Check the instructions in post #3" pointing to your setting instructions for that install.

Alright, so ...

Re - Poser Mods. For me, not really worth it. If you're really interested in screenshotting your Barbie doll, I think there's no better way to do it than PHP (the program, not the web development language - that confused me a few times). Very easy to use, even for a pleb like me that only uses a controller to play this game. Takes a bit of setup, but nothing compared to say DynDOLOD. I play this game mostly to ... play this game, so I ended up using it 0 times after making sure it worked and playing around with it initially. All of the screenshots I take are of the landscape really.

Major downside of the program - You have to copy files to your Skyrim directory's Data folder in order to get it to register the posing animations. Yes, it works "fine" with installing them as normal, running FNIS, and then equipping the godawful rings. But PHP is way easier. But I'm always wary about copying anything to the Data folder, primarily when you want to uninstall it (it eats up SO many FNIS animation slots for the biggest ones). Three folders that are needed can be safely deleted. But you have to put files in the Scripts folder too, which means when it comes time to delete it you're going to want to be VERY careful about what gets deleted, and only delete what has a timestamped "date created" corresponding to the day you copied over the posing mods. By no means rocket science, but since this is the Skyrim SE Beginners Guide, I wouldn't want most people getting used to modding to fool around with this.

I'm testing this at the moment. Looks nice for beast races that want to do a hand-to-hand build (beasts, vampires, and werewolf humans go slashy=slashy, while non-beast races go punchy-punchy). Looks better than the old LE slash animation I use, and I have to go through Nemesis PCEA to use to only apply it to my PC, whereas this uses DAR to apply it to the races you specify (and there are a lot of options). Only downside I see is that it looks kinda goofy with the Nemesis movement animation with your arms outstretched, but it's still a net positive I think. I use Ordinator's Steed Stone, so all movement looks kinda goofy sped up. It's probably super playthrough-specific, but is fun to see a Khajiit actually use their claws. I LOVE DAR.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/34552

And this mod is the current most magnificent thing I've ever seen.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/46030

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Alright, so ...

Re - Poser Mods. [...]

My experience importing a pose mod was getting brutaly smashed in the face with a totally undocumented list of 200+ poses conveniently named 1-200+. And then having to figure out which were solo poses, group ones, bestiality etc etc.

---snip---

CC: Bijin

I would love to use some npc replacers with bijin's level of quality and a bit more diversity.

9 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

CC: Bijin

I would love to use some npc replacers with bijin's level of quality and a bit more diversity.

Right now i'm testing the following mods:

Working fine so far:

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0

High Poly NPC Overhaul - HighRes FaceTint 2.04

High Poly NPC Overhaul - MLU Patch

Sadly this didn't fix the one boss with the black face (and after 24h trying to fix him i'm running out of ideas).

Next will be:

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined SE

Hopefully that will fix the copy/paste of Bijin and still have the quality.

9 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis There's a file in Aroused Creatures RIA that keeps automatic engagements from happening in the newest version of Aroused Creatures. Talked with the mod author about it here:

Ouch. That explains some oddities i encountered (had no error message). Rolling back to the first version of RIA should do the trick... I'll take a closer look.

No older version available so we have to wait for an update. Marking RIA as unusable atm.

Can anyone recheck Hajvar (00080b20) at 'White River Watch'?

I know what is causing the bug (thats the easy part) but i can't get behind where in the LO it happens and why it's only him... Maybe i've missed something and i'm tempted atm to simply add him to the bugs section.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1214.jpg.78418c1b30fdf363c54c93438e8db9fd.jpg

I would just mark Hajvar down as a bug. It isn't like he is seen a lot or for any kind of long term periods. In my games, he is usually fully armored anyway.

Honestly I am a bit concerned about the new NPC Overhaul. Reports are saying that because it makes the characters bald, then adds wigs, that any replacer (Bjiin/ShieldSisters) have double hair, due to their replacers coming with hair then the overhaul adds a wig. Has any of your testing seen double hairs yet?

5 hours ago, Alaratt said:

Has any of your testing seen double hairs yet?

No problem so far. But, as i just started anew, i havn't seen all yet. Outskirts of Windhelm, Whiterun, Riverwood and Falkreath seem to be fine. Sadly Hajvar is not included (thats why i initially upgraded to the new version).

Thinking about it: the problem they have could be caused by simply adding the wigs to the LO. I havn't installed any wigs here and i'm fine so far.

I killed Hajvar not too long ago and he didn't have blackface. I'll check it again.

@Aylis I was wrong. He's blackfaced in mine too. Never noticed with the helmet on. Looking in SSEEdit there aren't any conflicts. Only other mod that touches him is Unplayable Faction Armors. Speaking of which, apparently there's a Bodyslide mod for NordWar's armor now?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43103?tab=description

It had been a while since I had played Skyrim, so I redid this list and just wanted to say:

1. You don't mention the JK's Winking Skeever - Skyrim Sewers Patch that's part of the Interiors Patch Collection.

2. The Windhelm EmbersXD patch gives a missing masters flag for the .esp (non esl-ified) version. Like what was said above, I'm assuming it's a naming error on the patch, not a functional one.

Also, I've been getting some wonky stuff in character creation. Beard clipping, disfigured faces (particularly elves and male bretons), and some slider settings persisting if I switch between sexes/races or default presets. There's also a neckseam on female characters, but isn't very noticeable outside of racemenu. Don't know if it's a racemenu/polyhead/GreekGoddess problem, but it doesn't bother me enough to care and try to fix it. Argonian tails also don't connect appropriately, which is something I've only noticed with Greek Goddess.

Khajiits look just fine though. Good excuse to do a punch-kitty run.

@ddfde 1 - The guide doesn't mention any of the patches Interiors Patch Collection entails because the AIO picks everything you'd need. You should have seven patches from that mod.

2 - Yeah, I've also noticed that. It didn't seem to cause any errors when I re-ran Wrye.

Punch-kitty is amazing. One of the most fun builds I've ever done.

Spoiler

23 hours ago, wollboi said:

@ascendentkunglao In your ENB settings, disabling Field of View usually gets you a couple of extra frames (and I hate FoV so it's win-win for me).

Unrelated - The Capital Windhelm Embers XD patch was renamed. Now there are two separate ones for HD and XD. The renaming of the plugin seems to make Wrye unhappy. Pretty sure it's a false positive though.

@Aylis For Windows Shaders, you don't have a purple "Check the instructions in post #3" pointing to your setting instructions for that install.

@wollboi, thanks for the quick tip.  I'm not hundred percent sure you meant Depth of Field.  That's in the ENB Menu in game, or do I need to go to the INI files?

@wollboi I know, I just noticed it because I already had Sewers installed when I installed the AIO and it added it. But if you follow the install order in the list, you'd miss it. It mentions bringing down the Thieves Guild Requirements patch, but not Sewers.

I haven't done punchcat since base-game. Wonder how it does with MLU with the non-leveled enemies.

44 minutes ago, ddfde said:

2. The Windhelm EmbersXD patch gives a missing masters flag for the .esp (non esl-ified) version. Like what was said above, I'm assuming it's a naming error on the patch, not a functional one.

Unless I installed the wrong one, the list uses the HD pack, not the XD pack. Grab the other patch for Embers on that page

Yeah, the esp version is HD. The XD verion is an esl, which the list says not to use.

@ascendentkunglao Disable it in the ENB menu in-game. ENB also has an FPS indicator that will change as you alter your settings, which is another good way to get an idea of what you can afford to cut.

@ddfde Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, that should probably get moved below Sewers.

Use the training dummies a while and spend all your perk points on Light Armor to increase unarmed damage if you're using Ordinator. Maybe do some easier dungeons, like some of the forts. Bleak Falls Barrow is very doable, just have to save scum a bit. Once you hit the perk to give your unarmed attacks poison damage the game is on easy mode. You can punch a dragon a few times and run away and watch it die from poison damage. Miraak goes down in three hits and I'm 10 levels below him. It's ridiculously fun.

@Alaratt The patch was added to the list before the XD patch was created. I switched to it and haven't had any issues. The note to not use the ESL is for Embers XD itself, not the Capital Winterun/Embers XD patch.

19 minutes ago, wollboi said:

The patch was added to the list before the XD patch was created. I switched to it and haven't had any issues. The note to not use the ESL is for Embers XD itself, not the Capital Winterun/Embers XD patch.

The version of EmbersXD I am using came with an EmbersHD.esp (The esp NOT marked as an esl), and using the patch for Capital Windhelm Embers HD Patch, I do not get a warning for missing masters. If your version of EmbersXD has a EmbersXD.esp (which is either the esl version or the esp marked as an esl) then you have the wrong version of EmberXD that the list recommends. I cannot speak beyond that, nor am I saying Capital Windhelms patches being an ESP-FE is a problem.

@Alaratt From reading the posts on Nexus, it seems the EmbersXD author left the EmbersHD.esp because a lot of patches used that as a master. So I guess it's safe to assume that means EmbersHD patches are compatible with EmbersXD. If that's true, this list should mention to download the HD patch and not the XD one.

Would be really nice if authors actually put descriptions in their patches, especially for cases like this.

EDIT

And after downloading the HD patch, the .esp mentions that it's for EmbersXD. Mod author really screwed up on his naming.

I got a CTD whenever i try to change to the HighPoly face on the character creator, i did check that it was installed like in Tip and tricks.
Update: still CTD as soon as i pick past HighPolyHeadVampire, (the 4th head on my list)
So in theory i do have Highpolyhead, its just that im not sure what the other 2 last heads are (4 to 6), or why are they giving CTD when i pick them. But overall i thik i can ignore it? Since i get to pick HighpolyheadNord and the rest, its just those 2 that instanty CTD.

But way more importantly is this:
The trees look.. flat? I noticed that in none of the installation steps (DyndoLods, TexGen etc) we get to build tree lods, is that a mistake or something?
As i said, the trees look flat, like 2D flat:

Spoiler

1481593154_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.23-01_11_50_45.png.6d4eaf5fdc9e74a40fcd2d387036b01a.png

Theres aso the females on my game having way too thin legs/feets, but i think thats just my bodyslide preset. Will look into it.

6 hours ago, ddfde said:

1. You don't mention the JK's Winking Skeever - Skyrim Sewers Patch that's part of the Interiors Patch Collection.

Also, I've been getting some wonky stuff in character creation. Beard clipping, disfigured faces (particularly elves and male bretons), and some slider settings persisting if I switch between sexes/races or default presets. There's also a neckseam on female characters, but isn't very noticeable outside of racemenu.

1. That one is automatically included if you use sewers.

2. This one still isn't part of the official release.

3. You did set the flag for HPH, right? Sounds like you didn't.

5 hours ago, ddfde said:

@wollboi I know, I just noticed it because I already had Sewers installed when I installed the AIO and it added it. But if you follow the install order in the list, you'd miss it. It mentions bringing down the Thieves Guild Requirements patch, but not Sewers.

Sewers are in slot 48 here, the patches in slot 118. So there's no sewers patch to be moved as it is already in the right spot.

4 hours ago, Alaratt said:

The version of EmbersXD I am using came with an EmbersHD.esp (The esp NOT marked as an esl), and using the patch for Capital Windhelm Embers HD Patch, I do not get a warning for missing masters. If your version of EmbersXD has a EmbersXD.esp (which is either the esl version or the esp marked as an esl) then you have the wrong version of EmberXD that the list recommends. I cannot speak beyond that, nor am I saying Capital Windhelms patches being an ESP-FE is a problem.

You got it right. :)

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.ef4cff38f295c7b21982b5507eea6b15.jpg

No missing masters or other issues...

Why do you always have to jump the gun when i mention a mod or agree to add it later?

Wait 'til i officially add it to the list!

All that before i even had my first coffee... smiley_coffee.gif.416b6938b68cf187652f17e0d2d825eb.gif

Regarding shield sisters together with bijin, I have been using both of them for around 4 days and it works perfectly for me, you just have to put shield sisters and if you want the other mods from froztee after the bashed patch. I'm also using the ordinary women mod which overhauls some more characters on the same quality as shield sisters (at least I think so). I had seam problems at first and some brown face problems as well in the beginning, what fixed it for me was to use the two mods, bijin skin for bijin family and mitsuirou's follower body overhaul. That fixed the seam problem for me but some still had brown face (mostly the dudes). Starting a new game fixed that for me as well, except unmid snow shod, only the brown face fix mod that someone posted in this thread fixed him for me.

Sup guys?

Regarding the black face bug that happens with the bandit from White River Watch, did you try setting NPC weight to any value?
Open the console, click the bandit and type: "setnpcweight
80", for example,

I don't know why, but that had already solved many issues for me reggarding this annoying bug.
I know that's not the best solution but at least it is less stressing than testing a lot of mods and patches.

Plans for the next update.

REMOVAL

Elegant Queen - Elisif Replacer for SSE                                 V2.0 of the NPC Overhaul makes this redundant

High Poly NPC Overhaul - SSE Loose

Interior Floating Fog Remover                                               Conflicts with the fog.

Guards Armor - Bodyslide Files

Deathbell by Mari

Dragons tongue by Mari

Hanging moss by Mari SE

Ivy by Mari

Juniper by Mari

Lavender by Mari SE

Mountain flower by Mari SE

Nightshade by Mari

Nirnroot by Mari

Spiky grass by Mari

Thistle by Mari SE

Tundra cotton by Mari

Premium Pine Upgrades                                                       Doesn't work as i thought it would.

Windows Shadows Patch Hub                                              Got integrated into the main mod.

ADDING

Mari's flora 

Bleak falls barrow - Revisited

Embershard Mine - Revisited

Halted Stream Camp - Revisited

White River Watch - Revisited

Morning Fogs SSE - Thin Fog                                          Now works as it should and no blocky fog anymore.
 Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS HD Patch

NordwarUAs Guards Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Vanilla Armor Replacer - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Race Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Faction Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

RAB Skill experience from reading books

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE - Alternative Branches           For those who want darker branches.

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0

High Poly NPC Overhaul - HighRes FaceTint 2.04

High Poly NPC Overhaul - MLU Patch

JK's Blue Palace                                                                Not sure if i should be happy or not. Whenever i look away he uploads another mod...

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined SE

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined - Hotfix

Updated

Window Shadows

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess

CHECKING

Maidens of Skyrim - Serana 

Serana Dialogue Add-On

Serana Dialogue Add-On - RDO Patch

Serana Dialogue Add-On - SL Patch

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

DAR - Feral - Go for the Throat 

Sleep Tight no boots

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

1. That one is automatically included if you use sewers.

Sewers are in slot 48 here, the patches in slot 118. So there's no sewers patch to be moved as it is already in the right spot.

Really? Sewers doesn't add its own patch. I only mentioned it because Interiors came before Sewers on the list in page 1.

5 hours ago, Aylis said:

2. This one still isn't part of the official release

Why do you always have to jump the gun when i mention a mod or agree to add it later?

Wait 'til i officially add it to the list!

Guess I should have noticed Windhelm updated its patches after the list was updated. I hadn't read other update posts ?

Spoiler

?imw=268&imh=268&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter

Reinstalling HPH did fix the Racemenu problems. Weird since I don't notice anything new and it worked before.

@Aylis
1- CTD as soon as i pick past 00KLH_JHighPolyHeadNordVampire, (the 4th head on my face part in Racemenu)
So in theory i do have Highpolyhead, its just that im not sure what the other 2 last heads are (4 to 6), or why are they giving CTD when i pick them. But overall i think i can ignore it? Since i get to pick HighpolyheadNord and the rest, its just those 2 that instanty CTD.

2-But  far more importantly is this:
The trees look.. flat? I noticed that in none of the installation steps (DyndoLods, TexGen etc) we get to build tree lods, is that a mistake or something?
As i said, the trees look flat, like 2D flat, the grass and flora in general seem strange, like the light dont match (only noticeable at dawn), theres also a 3-legged bunny whenever i look at the sun from certain angles, wtf:

Flat trees:

Spoiler

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2021.02.23 - 01.11.50.45.png

Grass/flora with weird light:

Spoiler

973371606_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.23-11_58_16_04.png.c79b80df1dc7c37876d093b5ebec765e.png

The bunny when i look at the sun:

Spoiler

2090150878_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.23-11_57_31_42.png.0da581237b606b4dc170135619d22f8b.png