Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@rodrigo2

I didn't like it.

@LeavingUrBag

You won't find much support for NMM here. Havn't used it for many years now.

@wollboi

Havn't used a poser mod before. If you got any tips i'll gladly add them to 'Tips and Tricks'. :)

Btw:

In a few days i can finally restock my mead (recommended set if you never tried it). I usually buy a bit more of the 'Wikingerblut' (aka the red one). ;)

@Aylis I'm on the fence about it now. It looks nice, and there are a lot of nice posing sets out there, but each one eats up an animation space for FNIS. If we were only using Nemesis, I'd probably say it's worth it (as an optional inclusion), but with FNIS in the mix for the creature animations and the animations already in the list it just might not be worth it. I included about half a dozen posing sets thinking it would be fine, but had to end up manually uninstalling the files used to set them up and only going with one set in order to get under the FNIS animation limit.

I'll keep playing around with them before I throw in my two cents. If anyone is interested, it takes a bit of setup but isn't too bad. Here's the video I used to set it up.

Spoiler

@LeavingUrBag If you're just getting started, you should really switch to MO2. This guide is set up to specifically work with it. It'll be much less of a hassle. Look up some of Gamerpoets's videos on how to set it up. It's pretty painless, and the tips in the guide will walk you through the tricky bits.

5 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis I'm on the fence about it now. It looks nice, and there are a lot of nice posing sets out there, but [...]

Here is the thing. Most pose collections use items to trigger their poses which is clunky as hell so your idea to use Poser Hotkeys went into the right direction. However you need to correctly import the collections into that mod which is a metric crapton of work to do properly. Unless you luck out and find the right file for the correct version from someone who did more than just running the automatic importer you ought to be in for a scary surprise. I mean everybody making a pose mod with hundred or more poses is documenting them properly so it's easy to curate right? RIGHT?!?

A couple of questions from the textures section:

1.  "Ruins Clutter Improved" has a set of recommended settings in Post #3, but no FOMOD popped up when I installed it.  Did I do something wrong?

Edit:  Never mind.  I didn't realize we were supposed to use the version with NMM.  That one does have a FOMOD.

2.  Under Textures, I find listed:  4K Traps (File)  I find no link to any such file, however.  Did I miss something?

@rodrigo2 Check post #7, at the very bottom.

@alaunus01 The video I linked walks through the steps very well and I didn't have trouble getting it to work. You're not wrong in that it takes a little work, which is why I'm not 100% sure it's worth including. But I wouldn't say it's a crapton of work, and I didn't have the experience of needing the poser author to have all their documentation lined up. The executable does all that for you. The MCM for Poser Hotkeys Plus is very nice. The main reason I'm on the fence is the FNIS limit. I think if Nemesis supported the creature framework animations it would end a lot of heartache.

Another option could be manually deleting certain animations before running FNIS. I don't plan on fornicating with a slaughterfish any time soon. But again, not sure if that's worth it.

19 hours ago, LeavingUrBag said:

Any advice for the game failing to launch? I've got no clue where to get an output from NMM to diagnose the issue, but everything was running up until the NPC section (I didn't run any more test saves after then)

as in failure to even get the loading screen?  did you install the rest of the mods or stop after each section and try to launch? there are a few mods that are high up on the list that require a mod further down in the LL section. (sexlab to be exact) that if all needed masters are not there it causes a CTD. If it just acts like it is endless loading you have to many animations for FNIS. as far as NMM i've never used it, but you stated it worked up until AREA was completed, and I'll add something thats in the first post. DO NOT USE LOOT TO SORT. However.. Using LOOT to see if any masters are missing? You can do that.

MO2 has updated with ****ing collapsible separators! And probably other stuff. But collapsible separators!

Other things that stood out to me as great:

* Collapsible separators

* Drag a mod onto a separator and it will place it at the end of that separator

* Drag a download from the download list to the mod list to install at a particular priority location (same works for manually downloaded files)

* New themes. The Skyrim one looks fantastic.

@rodrigo2

There are so many variables involved that a direct comparison is difficult. The calibration of your used screen alone makes a difference, and Demoniac would require roughly a dozen to compare it to itself. Install all three, switch between them to have only one activated and then compare it yourself is the best you can do.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

It means you havn't looked at the ?, and now stuff is in the wrong order.

Revisited series:

The first one is quite good, but it looks like that you either need a new game or havn't entered the location yet. Otherwise there could be problems with floating objects or 'misplaced' parts of the interior.

Bleak falls barrow - Revisited

Embershard Mine - Revisited

Halted Stream Camp - Revisited

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

White River Watch - Revisited          Great layout, but the leader got a black face. Nope, thats something else...

To remove:

Interior Floating Fog Remover               Conflicts with the fog.

To add:

Morning Fogs SSE - Thin Fog                Now works as it should and no blocky fog anymore.

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

It means you havn't looked at the ?, and now stuff is in the wrong order.

Mmmh, im pretty sure i always download and then install everything in order since i even download everything in manual files.

Anyway, out of curiosity, why does Wyre says missing masters but ModManager dont?

37 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

You got no missing masters, but master errors (masters below patches). MO2 can only see the first and Wyre identifies both. 

Well, do you recommend me installing the list again? (i have all the guide mods, in categories, in order and inside a folder)

Or just checking each error and trying to get it fixed?

Edit: nvm just got it fixed, easy to do, god bless MM2

On 2/15/2021 at 11:01 PM, Aylis said:

Previous update

Updating status to '3.1.0'.

Hotfix for the now missing cloud textures. Plus a few new ones i've found.

REMOVED mods:

SKSE:

Skyrim SE Shader Bundle - 1.5.73 and earlier      Not required anymore. Don't forget to update your ENB.

Override:

Footprints Transparency Fix

Weather and Lighting:

Beautiful Clouds                                                    Was removed by the OA

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Area:

JK's The Winking Skeever                                      Not a fan of the loft, but the interiors are great.

NVP - Temple of Kynareth Redone

NVP - Temple of Kynareth Redone - Parallax

The Notice Board

The Notice Board Redefined

The Notice Board SMIM 3D Ropes Fix

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Embers XD Patch

Textures:

Tankard HD

Physics and Animation:

DAR - Go To Bed                                                   Renamed

Override:

Namira for Good Guys                                          Works perfectly

Footprints - ENB                                                   Renamed. 'enb square test alpha test test file' is a mouthful

Sleep Tight SE Fixes

Reading Is Good (SKSE)

JK's The Winking Skeever - AS Patch                    

Weather and Lighting:

Ethereal Clouds

Important updates:

Billyy's SLAL Animations

UPLOAD:

None atm.

Updated entries:

None atm.

Checking out:

Somebody Else's Problem

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined

Hermaeus Mora - Water and tentacles

Damn it, I found a way to fuck up my game again.  Any reason I get a CTD upon loading a save file from the main menu.  Anything to track down first.  Could it be my TexGen, Dyndolod, or Terrain LOD?

I also updated ENB to the latest version.  Appreciate all the help, and the constant transparency. 

Honestly, the only reason I play the game is because of the modding community and you'll be considered one of the greats, plus "research".

1 hour ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Damn it, I found a way to fuck up my game again.  Any reason I get a CTD upon loading a save file from the main menu.  Anything to track down first.  Could it be my TexGen, Dyndolod, or Terrain LOD?

I also updated ENB to the latest version.  Appreciate all the help, and the constant transparency. 

Honestly, the only reason I play the game is because of the modding community and you'll be considered one of the greats, plus "research".

@Aylis, I think I just had to many plugins to be honest xD...fuck.  Well fixed it any tips on performance super snowy area next to the College of Winterhold and I'm hovering around 25-35 FPS.  Any tips?  

If it helps knowing my GPU it's a 5700XT with 8GB VRAM