Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@rodrigo2

1. Some animations still require FNIS, but Nemesis got a faster execution when it comes to animations it does support. So using both is the best solution atm.

2. It is a mix of halfdone stuff from Bethesda and changes modders did. I prefer mods that were completely done by modders. Add to that all the patches we'd need and i don't think it is worth it.

Added the tag:

? XYZ         : Instructions to improve the gameplay or prevent bugs

I hope this will make important things more visible.

Updated the link for Billyy's SLAL Animations. Found no problems with it, but you have to make sure to get the right version (aka the one for SE).

I'll be dropping 'EVA Body' completely. The lack of any included presets for clothing and armor is something i can't ignore any longer. Especially after i've seen what an impact it has with 'Wrong Body' or 'Greek Goddess'. 

Also reworked a few entries and removed/updated outdated informations.

Cooleoj's 'Revisited' series seems to be interesting. If you've gone through some of the caves and dungeons again and again they could provide a new challenge (or at least spice it up a bit).

15 hours ago, Aylis said:

@rodrigo2

1. Some animations still require FNIS, but Nemesis got a faster execution when it comes to animations it does support. So using both is the best solution atm.

2. It is a mix of halfdone stuff from Bethesda and changes modders did. I prefer mods that were completely done by modders. Add to that all the patches we'd need and i don't think it is worth it.

Added the tag:

? XYZ         : Instructions to improve the gameplay or prevent bugs

I hope this will make important things more visible.

Updated the link for Billyy's SLAL Animations. Found no problems with it, but you have to make sure to get the right version (aka the one for SE).

I'll be dropping 'EVA Body' completely. The lack of any included presets for clothing and armor is something i can't ignore any longer. Especially after i've seen what an impact it has with 'Wrong Body' or 'Greek Goddess'. 

Also reworked a few entries and removed/updated outdated informations.

Cooleoj's 'Revisited' series seems to be interesting. If you've gone through some of the caves and dungeons again and again they could provide a new challenge (or at least spice it up a bit).

Many thanks for the quick response!

Also, is there any special AI Overhaul mod?  Any special lighting mods?

@rodrigo2

Nope, there are so many changes to cities that AI-Overhauls usually dont work without major issues.

Lighting? I'll quote myself:

On 3/25/2019 at 6:17 PM, Aylis said:

Entered a few locations and it looks like the ENB also has an influence in regard to the used lighting mod. 'Yngvild' was way to bright and the 'Shimmermist Cave' way to dark. My last visits looked different...

I'm trying a few combinations now (DynDOLOD alone will cost 'a few' hours) and will also give Luminosity ... a shot.

RLO

An old favourite of mine. Most areas look absolutely fine, but others don't. 'Shimmermist Cave' is so dark you can't see anything at all... It is almost as if it was forgotten while creating the mod. It also removes some light sources.

ELFX

Removes quite a lot of the lightsources and still got the problem with the flickering (aka lights vanish when you change direction) in some places.

Relighting Skyrim

Very good idea but some areas in dungeons or caves are way too dark.

ELE

Not bad, not bad indeed. Still suffering from being too dark in some places.

Luminosity

Now thats unexpected. Thats the one i think fits best... (and i thought nothing could beat RLO). Dark where it should be and the lights fit the scene. 'Ysgramor's Tomb' suddenly looks so much better, i didn't even know that there were so many candles. The 'Shimmermist Cave' is gloomy and not just pitchblack.

I dismissed this one, as it looked way too bright in the videos i checked. Now it seems to be the lighting mod which works perfectly with the ENB. Surprisingly, as it doesn't cover the exteriors, the outside world also seems to look better than before. Also it reminds me quite a lot of ELFX when it comes to colors.

Hi there, Im going through this (new to skyrim modding on this scale) and I wonder whether its ok to download and install the mods first and then start enabling them, or should I install and enable every single mod right after downloading it? Just asking because I noticed that some mods seem to enable patches just based on the previous installed mods, while other mods (like "Reliquary of Myth") allow me to install patches only when the required mods are enabled. Also, is it safe to exclude the whole "Textures" category? I really dont care about most of the things there and my hdd is running low on space already. Thanks in advance.

@Ahtala

Ouch, a tough question in there...

1. That should work both ways. For me this guide has been growing and changing over time, thats why i can only say 'should'. But i don't see why it wouldn't work either way. Downloading them first would make it easier to check the instructions or recommendations i wrote.

2. Now to the hard one. While 'Noble Skyrim' is a good foundation (and i'm thankful for its existence) it is simply not the best texture pack out there. Especially when it comes to plants (you really really do not want skip the 3D ones) or improved ground textures. The only ones i can think of would be:

But i'd rather recommend using those packs with a lower resolution (where available). You will loose a lot not using them.

@Ahtala I think the only one that would really give you any trouble would be Reliquary of Myth. I'd say maybe just reinstall that one after you've got all the mods in place, then manually move the plugins per the list. Everything else should be fine. JK's patches are going to be installed after the JK area mods, and the QUASIPC and lilebony patch compendiums are at the end anyway.

Also, welcome to the board!

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Why should that be the case?

Hide contents

Untitled.jpg.6458d366d6aa1b31b265c1af3d56f8dc.jpg

Untitled.jpg.c7ae81817c35fa0e54ddab60b2f0947b.jpg

The two required patches look fine.

DOS 1.4 has Blues Skyrim.esp .    The "No relighting" patch under Optional files requires "Dawn of Skyrim.esp" as a master.  The Riften patch under "Main Files" will work with Blues Skyrim.esp BUT requires the Relighting mod as well which the list excludes.

@Aylis Tons of new patches for Capital Windhelm now:

* Dawn of Skyrim Patch - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42990?tab=files

* Embers XD Patch (released today) - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42990?tab=files

* JK's Skyrim Patch (not sure about this one; guessing it's not needed) - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42990?tab=files

* Guards Armor Patch (not sure about this either; pretty sure I've seen guards wearing the correct armor, but I'll check again) - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45439?tab=files

I just checked the links, reinstalled the patches and it still works.

2 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

The "No relighting" patch under Optional files requires "Dawn of Skyrim.esp" as a master. 

The update for DoS (with the new ESP) is from 2020, but the patch is from 2018. How can an old patch require a renamed master which was created two years later?

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.fa1219ddc4379ee31ba86fdd22b802fe.jpg

2 hours ago, rodrigo2 said:

The Riften patch under "Main Files" will work with Blues Skyrim.esp BUT requires the Relighting mod as well which the list excludes.

Yes, correct. But thats exactly the file that we don't use.

Sounds to me that you mixed up some files.

@wollboi

Dang, i use them but forgot to list them. Fixed

I'll add the one for embers to make sure there's no problem. But the floating fire(s?) seems to be hidden well as i saw none.

The one for the armors doesn't seem to be needed. I saw nothing unusual...

I hate being sick...

27 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis You've got them listed under Area and Weather & Lighting now. Actually they were probably there before and I overlooked them somehow :( (checking like twelve things at once today). Shouldn't the Embers XD patch be below Embers XD though?

Yeah. There was something about lighting... Fixed V2

Maybe i should stop for today. Looks my brain went down to emergency mechanical mode... and i can't find the starting crank. krank2yqdk3.gif.1230d335f10a63a51a0b79e5f03a1953.gif

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

I just checked the links, reinstalled the patches and it still works.

The update for DoS (with the new ESP) is from 2020, but the patch is from 2018. How can a patch require a renamed ESM which was created two years later?

Yes, correct. But thats exactly the file that we don't use.

Sounds to me that you downloaded the wrong files.

Many thanks for your patience.  I downloaded the "No relighting" patch again and this time it requested the right Master.  I've no idea what went wrong last night because I know I downloaded the "No relighting" patch before and got the "Missing Masters" error message.  Anyhow, back to downloading...