Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Is anyone else having trouble with Immersive Spell Learning? I'm 8 hours into a playthrough and just noticed it isn't working. I don't even have an MCM for it. Looking at the mod's posts section on Nexus, it seems like a lot of people are having the same issue with it. Which sucks, because it looks awesome. The mod author's response seems to be "lol, I dunno". Manually refreshing the MCM via console doesn't have an effect. Fallrim says there are no scripts to uninstall. I'll try a reinstall of it tomorrow.

@cloudmc That's happened to me a number of times. Clear your Overwrite (after you've already created one for FNIS) and run it again. Basically Nemesis seems to have two errors for me:

1 - It closes on its own. Solution is to open it (without closing MO2, it doesn't seem to like that) and run it again, without clearing your overwrite.

2 - It will finish but complain about missing something. I can't remember off the top of my head but it's something like tkx.block. It's looking for an extension by default which isn't there, and it doesn't need to be there. It's a bug you can read about a lot online. Solution is just to run it again, without clearing your overwrite.

If Nemesis finishes and hasn't created fnis.esp something has gone wrong. Rerun it, this time clearing your overwrite. You can check your overwrite folder after it's finished to make sure fnis.esp is in there. It's a very finicky beast.

1 hour ago, cloudmc said:

I don't see a fnis.esp in the nemesis folder or output :(

Check the bottom of the right side. If there's no FNIS.esp then something went totally wrong.

The worst case i had was that i forgot to activate it. But that is the only issue (besides three days tinkering to figure out how to get it to work) i had.

Wow. Great list. I'd really love to get around to getting that all installed some day.

Can I just install some of this? Or do I need everything that's not listed as (Optional) to make it run properly without issues? I modded none-SE Skyrim a year or so ago and half followed a guide and ran into issues.

If not, is there a smaller, easier list around that has the basics of SexLab and some graphical enhancements?

EDIT: I did find some but they're from 2017 and marked (OLD), or link to mods that are out of date. This pack/thread is the only one I could find that seems up to date, but I don't have the time or the bandwidth to install 200+ mods!

1 hour ago, thefacedude said:

Wow. Great list. I'd really love to get around to getting that all installed some day.

Can I just install some of this? Or do I need everything that's not listed as (Optional) to make it run properly without issues? I modded none-SE Skyrim a year or so ago and half followed a guide and ran into issues.

If not, is there a smaller, easier list around that has the basics of SexLab and some graphical enhancements?

EDIT: I did find some but they're from 2017 and marked (OLD), or link to mods that are out of date. This pack/thread is the only one I could find that seems up to date, but I don't have the time or the bandwidth to install 200+ mods!

Install whatever you like. BUT.. 1. install them as they are listed. 2. Don't run LOOT. 3. Don't run LOOT. If you have a mod you absolutely cannot do without, Use the "sections" to figure out where it goes. Don't be lazy. If you want a different armor mod, put it in the armor mods section not at the bottom. If you want a different player home mod. Put it in the AREA section where the ones here are listed. You do not need to absolutely have nemesis. I refuse to run the damn thing until the author actually fixes it to work with all the older animation mods including the ones here on LL. Probably 70-75% of the mod list is graphics in nature. gameplay changes make the rest. Install and download what you wish. But keep it in order. 

Some things are pretty much a requirement to run a modded game. like jccontainers, skse, if you want clothing to move you need smp, for mods that are not voiced you need fuz-ro-doh. To keep your skyrim from telling bethesda you are modding your game you need achievements enabler. You want new outfits, bodyslide and outfit studio. Most of the textures section can be skipped, most of the AREA section, The PC section some of it can be skipped, but unless you want the stock body with no working parts, you need most of it. Creatures are mostly retextures and can be skipped, Animations you only NEED a few things, like xp32 skeleton, Cbbe 3bbb, sinful cbp (you get the bounce and can shut it off), FNIS (and add-ons). If  you want to use just the stock armors with the stock textures then you can skip the weapons and armor section as well. Knowing what you want is alot easier than figuring out what to cut. 

Justdon't made a post on modding that has the very very basics in it. Which is here

First, this is easily the single most useful thread I've found on SSE. Period. Huge props for that. I've spent HOURS and HOURS trying to learn on my own, and while that was productive in terms of getting comfortable with Vortex and Wrye and how Skyrim mods work, sort of, this was the content I needed all along.

I am slowly getting my mods more in line with the recommendations here. In doing that a couple of questions

• Can anyone point me to a way to create groups in Vortex that respect load order? The only way I can force things to load in certain positions is to create false relationships between them, which seems dodgy at best. I know one answer is switch to MO2. The question for me is, is that the only answer?
  • Second, after doing some reloading of mods for textures, life is good, BUT, my moss-covered stairs look like crap. There's a term for it, when the same pattern is repeated in a graphic, making it really unrealistic--anyhow, that is happening. Recommendations?
  • Related to that 2nd question, any hints for n00bs on how to take screenshots in Skyrim? Since the window goes away when you ALT+TAB out of it, I can't use the "usual methods."

Load order attached, any other input welcome, of course.

ModOrder.txt

4 hours ago, mknn said:
  • Can anyone point me to a way to create groups in Vortex that respect load order? The only way I can force things to load in certain positions is to create false relationships between them, which seems dodgy at best. I know one answer is switch to MO2. The question for me is, is that the only answer?

OK, re the above.

Found it, and learned something. I had always ignored the plugins part of Vortex, concentrating on the mods section. But you can set groups in the plugins section that are used when determining plugin load order. So I'm working through that list now, bringing it in line with the general groups at the top of this thread. Given that nothing is changing in what plugins are loaded, hopefully this doesn't do anything too wonky to the current save.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:06 AM, cloudmc said:

And crash.... so getting a CTD right when setting up my character.  I can play as Nord, Breton, Altmer, Dunmer, Imperial, Orc, Redguard and Bosmer. But if I go Argonian or Khajit the game crashes immediately.   This is only for females, males it works fine.

Another issue I am having is getting it on my 2nd monitor.  Looking online everyone says to use onetweak but it doesn't seem to be for SSE

Started as a Breton, all I can say is the screen bounces around a lot....

hi buddy did you manage to get the crash sorted ?

i have same problem

Possible relevant objects (4)
{
  [   0]    BSTriShape(Name: `FemaleHeadArgonian`)
  [  20]    TESNPC(Name: `Prisoner`, FormId: 00000007, File: `Skyrim.esm`)
  [  20]    PlayerCharacter(FormId: 00000014, BaseForm: TESNPC(Name: `Prisoner`, FormId: 00000007, File: `Skyrim.esm`))
  [  46]    BSFaceGenNiNode(Name: `BSFaceGenNiNodeSkinned`)
}

Crash_2020_10_29_22-7-2.txt

3 hours ago, mknn said:

OK, re the above.

Found it, and learned something. I had always ignored the plugins part of Vortex, concentrating on the mods section. But you can set groups in the plugins section that are used when determining plugin load order. So I'm working through that list now, bringing it in line with the general groups at the top of this thread. Given that nothing is changing in what plugins are loaded, hopefully this doesn't do anything too wonky to the current save.

Plugins is what you can lock down in MO2 as well, will not stop you from moving the left pane on stuff, but the right stays put.

And... Use MO2 ?

Ran it 2 more times and the FNIS.esp came out.  I did a run engine and it closed itself and then I did a update then run and it took a while but finished.  Once finished the fnis appeared in my load order.    I remember the 1st time being slow also but never got the proxy plugin. 

Started a Khajit and an Argonian. Both do work fine here.

Spoiler

Prison cell

A01.jpg.4ed150605e88520d3ef654cb5c3f11d4.jpgk01.jpg.8862944f368a5635d102ea1442fc5a48.jpg

Start in Windhelm

a02.jpg.e6763bb77ba8348a3ee7ba745c7386b4.jpgk02.jpg.29719f6b366be2d0e0ff4f50cd61b7ae.jpg

Changing races and gender back and forth works too. So i have no idea why some people run into problems doing the same...

On 10/28/2020 at 11:14 PM, wollboi said:

@lolthisis I'm guessing it was Beastess Lair.

Hmm, I'm thinking about trying Lawbringer out again. Maybe next playthrough.

@Urusaisenpai Wait, when you say that it's crashing when you activate it, what do you mean?

My steps for getting it to work. Going to go super step-by-step here, hopefully this is useful.

1 - Delete FNIS Overwrite and Nemesis Overwrite if necessary.

2 - Make sure FNIS is checked and Nemesis is unchecked. Leave FNIS Creature Framework checked if you use it.

3 - Clear Overwrite.

4 - Open FNIS. Click the de-install creatures button if you use Creature Framework. This prevents a lot of t-posing. Tick the box for gender. If you use the dodge mod from the list, check the box for it. Run FNIS as normal.

5 - When FNIS is finished, create your FNIS Overwrite.

6 - Uncheck FNIS. Check Nemesis.

7 - Run Nemesis. Check Jump Behavior and Movement Behavior. Update Engine. When finished, Launch Behavior Engine. Nemesis is buggy and may through out errors or close on its own. If it does, just rerun it again until you get the complete message without errors. Sometimes it takes me three times but it's fine.

8 - When Nemesis is finished, create your Nemesis Overwrite. You don't need to touch the checkboxes afterwards.

9 - Launch the game. You don't need to configure anything in-game.

I've done it this way like two dozen times troubleshooting for a problem that didn't exist, as is Skyrim modding tradition. Works fine every time.

I think i did it but im not sure tho. but i don't crash anymore atleast :)
But i have all of the fnis checked. This was the Only way i can launch the game without crashing idk why the animation work tho so im not sure.
image.png.55d6fbc145051c9f563656e0a1dab713.pngimage.png.f13c19e34b2e4809ee028cb4b9401e04.png 

On 10/29/2020 at 10:47 AM, mknn said:

Update. Figured out how to use Steam for the screenshots. This is what I mean on the moss.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.d870e8f0dc794d3891f262198098899e.png

Just bumping since I had a lot of other noise around it. If anyone can either point me to an existing good mod that addresses the above or just LMK what category it falls into (that is, is this stone or moss or road components or ....) I can probably hunt one down.

@mknn

Trust me you don't want to go through everything just to hunt down a single texture. That is bordering torture.

It is way easier to go with a texture pack for the region/city the problem shows up. Thats why SMIM and 'Noble Skyrim' are in foundation as they are the solid base for everything else. 

32 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@mknn

Trust me you don't want to go through everything just to hunt down a single texture. That is bordering torture.

It is way easier to go with a texture pack for the region/city the problem shows up. Thats why SMIM and 'Noble Skyrim' are in foundation as they are the solid base for everything else. 

I have both of those installed as foundation. Which means something else is overwriting them poorly. Uh oh  ... ?

12 minutes ago, mknn said:

The challenge is I don't know what I'm looking for

(Personally I'd get the Lydia problem sorted before moving on to the next one).

Fire up T5E and look at the SMIM esp.

It's difficult to say from your screenshot but it looks like that is just the 'base tile' with no specific texture on it.

Is Vortex saying anything about unresolved conflicts or giving any other messages?

16 hours ago, mknn said:

I have both of those installed as foundation. Which means something else is overwriting them poorly. Uh oh  ... ?

Then temporarily move Noble down (i'd guess at the bottom of textures is enough) and check for a change of that texture. Then move it up a bit and recheck. This way you can at least find the culprit.

@Urusaisenpai

Thats an information about your LO. Some patches/addons are not in the right spot and you have to move them (see ? in the list).