Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

4 hours ago, ENDERNIKE said:

Hey, idk if i should ask her or on reddit, but when i use improved camera, i can see my weapon on my body, and also one that is floating. Only solution i found is to place the sword on my back with xpmse, but it isn't very immersive with my current playthrough.

That is something you propably should ask on Reddit. Although i would recheck the installation of XPMSSE first. It should give you an option where the weapons show up an the PC.

2 hours ago, Urusaisenpai said:

if one followed the guide without any errors and mistakes. how long time would it take to install all the mods and be in playable state?

This depends on being a premium member of Nexus or not and your internet connection. For me (without premium) it is about a day.

Don't unterstand what is WPF - JK's Skyrim patch, is the mod "JK's Skyrim - Dawn of Skyrim - Patch"? or what mod is?

Do i really have to add '< the mod you installed just a moment ago'?

55 minutes ago, lRaven said:

and have no idea what Use the sorting A-I-E means :)

What could i possibly mean with that? ?

Spoiler

AIE.jpg.78bc8e667763e9ffb3362f89ba74695e.jpg

24 minutes ago, lRaven said:

Works and look cool, maybe it good replace for yours canine fixes?

Heavens, no!

That one was one of the reasons i completely removed the creature stuff at one point. I only had problems with it. Unless there was a major update i wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

When creating a new save, how can I undress my character at the Character Creation Screen?

And if I can't, what do I have to install to make it possible?

(Edit)

Open the console, click and select your character, type unequipall, change the character weight up or down, that updates your body and suddenly you are naked... :smile:

*Edit* Typing prid 14 should do the same as clicking yourself, and I think console command player.removeallitems works as well...

On 10/15/2020 at 1:20 AM, jaeos said:

here is what mine look like spells equipped and not. 

hey, what's armor on the screenshot?

20 minutes ago, 101jojo92 said:

When creating a new save, how can I undress my character at the Character Creation Screen?

And if I can't, what do I have to install to make it possible?

create something, strip the character, write showracemenu in console

Ok, everything is working well for me. The game looks good, everything seems to work.

Now, if I want to change some of the sliders in BodySlide and batch everything again..

Do I have to delete and re-generate FNIS Outputs and Nemesis Outputs too?

Would that mess up my savefile and/or other mods settings that I already have configured?

Will I loose my ingame mod settings (ex: SexLab reinstalling itself after loading ingame)

I read that I can't edit in bodyslides a single NPC if I have a Replacer Mod for it, like for example Lydia.

I'm just trying to figure out if I can eventually Juice something specific up and keep going with the same playthrough.

You don't need to re-run FNIS/Nemesis for Bodyslide. Just delete your Bodyslide Overwrite if you made one. The only time you would need to rerun FNIS or Nemesis is if you add or remove a custom animation. Bodyslide only alters body proportions and how clothing fits.

Sexlab will not be affected by any of this. No MCM menu setting should ever change on its own unless it's intended to or you change it.

3BBB lets you have two separate bodyslides settings - 1 for you, and 1 for everyone that's not you. To the best of my knowledge, there's no way outside of probably some Creation Club nonsense to have a different bodyslide setup for a specific NPC.

3 hours ago, wollboi said:

Has anyone experimented with Alternate Conversation Camera lately? I used it before and remembered it was fine. But now that everyone has a high poly head I'm wondering if it's more or less fitting. Gonna give it a try.

I tested it a few weeks before. For me it is somewhat irritating as it doesn't go back to the angle you had before starting the conversation.

6 hours ago, wollboi said:

You don't need to re-run FNIS/Nemesis for Bodyslide. Just delete your Bodyslide Overwrite if you made one. The only time you would need to rerun FNIS or Nemesis is if you add or remove a custom animation. Bodyslide only alters body proportions and how clothing fits.

Sexlab will not be affected by any of this. No MCM menu setting should ever change on its own unless it's intended to or you change it.

3BBB lets you have two separate bodyslides settings - 1 for you, and 1 for everyone that's not you. To the best of my knowledge, there's no way outside of probably some Creation Club nonsense to have a different bodyslide setup for a specific NPC.

Not entirely true. 

this.

this.

and this.

You cannot make Gerder look like a common mill worker (big, well muscled) and Carmella look like the runner up of a Miss Skyrim Pageant (bodywise) without some serious modding of the game files (races all use a "range" for that race) BUT. there are mods that edit that range to be more than the few percent the original game allows. 

@101jojo92 why are you wanting to re-do the bodyslides? to change your pc? no need. open the race menu and change the sliders there and it will change any outfit you put on. I mean if you want to add in the extra steps, but you really don't need to.. (an exception to this is if you do start morphing in race menu and things start acting funny.. seams at the leg joints, nipples looking like the old scrambled tv versions etc (i ran into this yesterday) then yeah, redo the bodyslides.

Fnis/Nemeses is animations (think of a stick figure doing them) bodyslide is just the exterior that you see. you can make the exterior look however you want. the stick figure is still there inside moving around. 

As far as lydia (i.e. changing her body) you can certainly try in outfit studio to chnage the reference body thats in the files for her in that mod, but most mods are just facegen files and not actual body. 

@jaeos Ah, cool. Probably overkill a bit, but neat that the option is there.

@Aylis I'm digging it okay thus far. I like how it actually gives my dark-ass TV an excuse to show the characters' faces. There's a setting in the ini file for Improved Camera that helps with I think what you were seeing. Only downside I see is it's kind of jarring when it switches back and forth, but so far it's fun.

Also it's funny when my character is being accused of stealing something and it switches dynamically 180 degrees to focus on her face and she's wearing Nightingale armor and is like "Nah, bruh, what, me, nah?"

1 minute ago, wollboi said:

Also it's funny when my character is being accused of stealing something and it switches dynamically 180 degrees to focus on her face and she's wearing Nightingale armor and is like "Nah, bruh, what, me, nah?"

WUt? ME? STEAL? Ya must be DAFT. It was the street urchin that just left.

1 hour ago, Cyrodiil_Sword said:

The only way to do that is to make them a different race. 

Nope.

You only need separate folders for the meshes of a NPC (like for example Serana). Especially with Bijin you have options without changing the race. It is just a bit of work to do so.  

29 minutes ago, lRaven said:

TLM is TML? patch for Tamriel Master Lights? Without it the lanterns flickering. With patch the lights are normal.

what am I missing? :)

Oooops, i hate typos... Fixed

TML and the patch come later in the list.

7 hours ago, jaeos said:

This is awesome! I think I'll use all three of them. I'll start reading their descriptions in a moment.

7 hours ago, jaeos said:

why are you wanting to re-do the bodyslides? to change your pc?

No.

For now, I feel like Lydia is too flat. I want to make her a little thicker. Mostly for learning purposes. As I had no idea how all those things behaved until now.

Now, I understand the range body thing. I wasn't aware about that yesterday.

As of right now, All I did was:

Open Bodyslide MO2 > Modif[y Executables > BodySlide x64 > Checked the box "Create files in mod instead of overwrite (*) [BodySlide Output]" > Apply

After that I opened BodySlide through MO2 > edited the body range for CCBE Body with the Curvy preset selected (I chose that when installing) > while holding CTRL I hit Build.

Having done that, I can't tell if anything changed in game.

7 hours ago, jaeos said:

As far as lydia (i.e. changing her body) you can certainly try in outfit studio to chnage the reference body thats in the files for her in that mod, but most mods are just facegen files and not actual body. 

The one I have installed is just facegen files. That means her body will in fact get updated by editing the range, right? 

I've been using racemenu on my personal character all the time, since you thought me how to open it through console.

By the way, people in this topic are actual lifesavers.

The amount of misinformation and outdated things being flooded at you when you're trying to research and learn about these thing is unholy. At least I've been having a hard time.

If it wasn't for you people answering questions and helping out others learn, life would be waaay harder.

2 hours ago, lRaven said:

why not?

It is really important to create a Bashed Patch from overwrite?

It is bad practice to not create a mod from overwrite since everything that is not in a mod will end up there (think temp files for editors, created files from Bodyslide studio etc).

If you want to keep track of which file is for what I highly recommend creating that mod.

Also, in general, you would want the overwrite folder to be empty so you know your Skyrim is not polluted by random files.