Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@ All

Thanks guys and gals. 

1 hour ago, 101jojo92 said:

I feel like this is simple but I can't figure it out. xD

No idea how that wrong link happened or survived this long... The second mod is the correct one. Fixed

@101jojo92 The plugin order definitely matters. You should install everything in the order listed, then follow the instruction after the list to move all the ESMs up to the top, and move the few plugins with the yellow circles that need to be manually placed.

Usually if you reinstall a mod, it will get placed back in its original order, both in load order on the left and in the plugin list. But it's worth checking. If it turns up at the bottom of your plugin priority, you need to search for its place and manually drag it back up there, so the mods that might overwrite it do what they're supposed to do.

Those refer to plugins then, I didn't know that. 

? XYZ         : Patch from another mod that has to be moved to this spot in the load order

From reading this as a beginner I thought it was referring to moving mod patches.

Thank you @lolthisis.

Unfortunately by now I have 583 installed already. ( I even make the separators and renamed them all correctly to check everything. )

I'm using MO2 and I'm thinking.

How do I know if I should I restart from scratch? 

I started doing this just a few days ago, can someone point me to further tutorials I should know about?

I already read and did everything said here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/wiki/begin2

I already learned about LODs, FNIS, Bodyslide, Creation Kit, DynDOLOD, Nemesis. 

I haven't used LOOT or SSEEditQuickClean at all. 

Also, I heard there is a mod limit 250 something ESPs before the Skyrim engine crashes, but for ESLs the number is much higher.

I don't yet know which mods I should convert nor do I know how to group the mods indicated in the post. 

Where can I learn about that?

I'm asking these things after failing to find the answers for a couple day now, by searching everywhere.

@101jojo92 You might be overthinking it.

I wouldn't start from scratch. Right now you're learning how to use it. Chalk a couple of your playthroughs to just messing around. Don't be afraid to break them and start over. You're just figuring everything out, and to me that's how I go about learning.

I would just watch tutorials as you come across something you're not sure about. Anything done by GamerPoets on Youtube is going to be INCREDIBLY helpful and easy to follow along. He does step-by-step instructions that anybody can follow. And--speaking as a strictly heterosexual male--his voice is liquid sex. Particularly watch the DynDOLOD installation and operation video when you get ready to mess with. It's very well done.

The only reason to ever use Loot is to look at the quick-clean instructions. It will take you to a web page that's very easy to follow. I *think* the Cleaned DLC file in the mod list means you shouldn't have to bother. Just make sure when Loot is open to not sort anything using it. Ignore any error messages it yells about.

The ESP limit shouldn't be an issue if you're using this list. You have 250 maximum ESPs. MO2 will let you know if you've gone over and try to launch the game. ESLs and ESMs don't count towards that number, and some ESPs are flagged by the mod creator as ESLs, so they won't actually count towards the 250. Basically, don't worry about it. Just remember to follow the list's instructions at the bottom to move ESMs to the top of the load order when you're done installing everything (there is a picture provided). You DO NOT need to convert anything yourself. That's asking for trouble. Some users talk about merging patches with mods. I don't bother and my game runs great. Just get the load order right.

The 538 number is irrelevant. This is the number of mods you have installed, not the number of plugins. I have 563 installed and my game runs better than it did when I had 100 installed. A lot of mods do not use plugins, especially anything under the Textures or Creatures sections. The number on the right is the number of plugins you have (total ESP, ESL, ESM, and ESPN ... wait, forget that last one). Again, if you're using this list, it's irrelevant. Don't worry about it. Just make sure you have the load order correct. Whenever there is a big update, I will deactivate all my mods and then start checking the boxes one by one. This means my plugin load order will match the list's order. I just have to worry about moving the yellow dots as they come up and the ESMs at the end. Sounds more complicated than it is, and takes about 20 minutes.

I'd say when you're looking for answers to check here first. If there's a more in-depth answer or tutorial, someone can link to it. But people on this thread are generally awesome and very helpful.

From reading this as a beginner I thought it was referring to moving mod patches.

Thats correct (plus some additional info when needed).

Unfortunately by now I have 583 installed already. ( I even make the separators and renamed them all correctly to check everything. )

That number doesn't matter. I got 628 mods installed and not all mods got an ESM or ESP.

I'm using MO2 and I'm thinking.

How do I know if I should I restart from scratch? 

Why would this be needed? Worst case is deactivating all and then reactivating them one by one.

Also, I heard there is a mod limit 250 something ESPs before the Skyrim engine crashes, but for ESLs the number is much higher.

255 is the limit for ESM plus ESP. Minus one for all the used ESL.

I don't yet know which mods I should convert nor do I know how to group the mods indicated in the post. 

Atm there's no need for that (and i havn't looked into it).

1 hour ago, lRaven said:

Well, I'm not sure about ENB... it seems to have done everything right, but something is wrong with it, orange dungeons, light snow in the night, etc... and definitely need to change the sky.

Aylis, can you upload your ENB files?

That wouldn't help. I'm using the standard settings and some smaller changes which are already uploaded on page #1.

The lighting depends on the light source. Torches and fire in general are more orange - dwemer ruins blueish white - glaciers more blue

@ All

'JContainers SE' got updated

ENB got one as well

53 minutes ago, wollboi said:

That is so right, hahahaha.

Anything done by GamerPoets on Youtube is going to be INCREDIBLY helpful and easy to follow along. He does step-by-step instructions that anybody can follow. And--speaking as a strictly heterosexual male--his voice is liquid sex. Particularly watch the DynDOLOD installation and operation video when you get ready to mess with. It's very well done.

I've been doing that already. Even the 1 hour long DynDOLOD video.

Thank you @wollboi and @Aylis.

I was definitely conflating the mod numbers, plugins and everything.

This was very helpful.

50 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Why would this be needed? Worst case is deactivating all and then reactivating them one by one.

I was worried I might have installed something in the wrong order or messed something up along the way. Mainly because of the error I'm getting when trying to install Devious Devices. (Image attached)

What is that?

people on this thread are generally awesome and very helpful.

I can already agree with that.

deviouserrorinstall.jpg

I was worried I might have installed something in the wrong order or messed something up along the way. Mainly because of the error I'm getting when trying to install Devious Devices. (Image attached)

As you're using MO installing things in the wrong order doesn't exist. You can change the order in which the game uses assets (left panel in MO) in the same way you can change the loadorder, you just move things up or down if needed. But if you install mods in the order described in the guide you shouldn't need to worry about it, the install order is already optimized and the cases where you need to tweak the loadorder (for example to move the esm files near the top) are included in the written instructions. Just take your time and read everything thoughtfully.

The error you get in the DD install is MO telling you the source for a file is not available. You can ignore that as the source is only needed for modders or people willing to edit and compile the file.

34 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Ignore it. Wrye throws out false positives. I recognize most of the errors from the picture from the last time I ran it.

Well, I deleted what I just posted because I managed to fix it 

The plugins for those master really where out of place.

I moved and the errors went away.

I suppose I can use Wrye Bash to check if I forgot to move some master plugin that I should have moved.

(Images attached, backtracing out of place plugins via Wrye Bach error)

Wynerror.jpg

Wryeerrorafter.jpg

Thank you very much for such a comprehensive guide, thanks for making it noob-friendly and not making Skyrim look like a shiny summer golf club with tits (like a lot of people do these days).
3D Plants (cut) didn't work well for me, it somehow replaced a lot of grass with trees, and in vanilla there's a lot of places like outside of Windhelm, where grass grows out of stone. It works for grass visually but not for trees, so I removed it (maybe I fucked something up).

I was playtesting vampires, I switched from Better vampires to Sancrosanct, not going back, it's better in almost every way, better progression, better spells, nice combo with Ordinator (same author), better vampire lord skill tree.

Now speaking of vampire lords, I'm using this setup (no esps, nothing, uses vanilla animations)

Grimoas Vampire Lord Vanilla Armour adds wings to VL form (vanilla animated)

XP32 VERSION Bigger VL Wings - 50 percent bigger upscales wings

Vampire Lord Retexture Armoured retexture for VL and VL armor, no more blue plastic.

can be anywhere in the list after xp32 skeleton I guess. Haven't tested a Dawnguard questline yet, but I guess it shouldn't break anything.
player.addspell 2003577 and player.addspell 200283b for quick playtesting (first '2' is dawnguard load order number)

If you guys got anything better for VL please share it. I'm also using 

Elizabeths Tower - Azura Shrine SSE sadly no new textures for it, but adds a lot to the landscape

Spoiler

ScreenShot43.png

6 hours ago, 101jojo92 said:

Well, I deleted what I just posted because I managed to fix it 

The plugins for those master really where out of place.

I moved and the errors went away.

The ash belongs after snow

The order for DD is on page #1

6 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

question! d-do we apply everything from lilebonymace's patches?

image.png.eeef2f2fefa6a76941fa9cd5b9c442cb.png
also.. i just updated DynDOLOD(Sept 11 Version) do we still leave out Tree LOD generation, it's starting... to warn me about it x.x

Lilebonymace is automatic simply go on 'til you get the button 'install'.

Thats why i uploaded an ini for DynDOLOD.

@Eien808

Sounds like a false positive to me. Had no issues here and the AV didn't complain.

51 minutes ago, Aylis said:

The ash belongs after snow

The order for DD is on page #1

Lilebonymace is automatic simply go on 'til you get the button 'install'.

Thats why i uploaded an ini for DynDOLOD.

@Eien808

Sounds like a false positive to me. Had no issues here and the AV didn't complain.

image.png.a8abc8e9d8696eb918478038b2c6ccbb.png
@Aylisthank youu!! really weird.. i did have the ini placed in after updating DynDOLOD to its current version (Sept 11th) but it still show the ''warning'' I'll try to rebuild it again

30 minutes ago, ralchemilla said:

@Aylisthank youu!! really weird.. i did have the ini placed in after updating DynDOLOD to its current version (Sept 11th) but it still show the ''warning'' I'll try to rebuild it again

To quote Aylis

INI with the required changes for DynDOLOD (copy that to '…/DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD'). It makes sure that the LOD for the 3D trees is applied correctly. 

So not in the MAIN directory of DynDOLOD

4 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

everyone here in this thread are so knowledge about modding >:D

By a lot of trial and many many errors. ;)

We all went through that at one point or another. And, thankfully, we are all helping each other. Nobody knows everything and there are still a lot of mods to discover. Which btw. is something that some of users here in the thread helped with.

So a big 'Thank you' to everyone who made suggestions (if they ended up in the list or not). :)

Only 2 slots for the screenshot section left. Then i'll start to remove/replace some if i find a good replacement.

13 minutes ago, LeonToralla said:

Don't unterstand what is WPF - JK's Skyrim patch, is the mod "JK's Skyrim - Dawn of Skyrim - Patch"? or what mod is?

WiZkiD Parallax Farmhouses - JK Skyrim patch

compatibility patch

btw I haven't found it too, same as  RoM - ISC + MLU

and have no idea what Use the sorting A-I-E means :)