Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

6 hours ago, Dpstyle said:

So im puzzled again lol.  tried all the "fix" i could find, even a total wipe and re-install but still get that issue where whenever loading a save (newly made or old save) all mods are reset and and re-initializing as if they were just installed for the first time, that also seems to be what breaks the dripping mod. it also causes progress loss in everything from mods.  i.e. Saved  game on 8th day of pregnancy, died to a vampire attack, it reloaded the game from last save but no longer pregnant as Fertility Mod (and all others) were reinitializing, lost the Sthalrim armor/weapon she was wearing on the save due to it being added by Justice Sthalrim too. tried reloading previous save on 5th day of pregnancy with the same results.. im running 378 active plugins and 238 ESPs  (so its not a cap thing, as reading online said limit is 450 plugins and 255 ESPs, unless i got that wrong ?)

Or it could mean your antivirus blocked the read-write function for "protected files" after you were in-game and your new saves are a sacrifice to the old gods of windows..

On 6/1/2020 at 6:40 PM, Aylis said:

You're right on that one and i'm already on it. ;)

@All

Please wait a day or two before updating. I got another texture pack from CleverCharff i want to include and i'm also reworking the snow and some other small things. I'm on my 258th rerun of DynDOLOD. No need for you to get to this number too...

And this is why i don't just modify my mod list every time a mod is changed for something better... ?

31 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Or it could mean your antivirus blocked the read-write function for "protected files" after you were in-game and your new saves are a sacrifice to the old gods of windows..

The 'ransom ware protection' would be that in an AVS.

3 hours ago, Dpstyle said:

Sadly, unchecking "read-only" on mod folder didnt solve the issue,  upon death & reload.. all mods still re-initialize 

I don't really understand the errors you are seeing, but where is your skyrim directory?  If it is in Program Files, that might be your issue.  If that is the case, you should have steam move your game folder outside of Program Files.

i have a seperate HDD for all my games. my skyrimSE is set to D:Games/Steam

as for the antivirus, im using McAfee Total Protection, im not sure how to go change it though
also.. it seems my windows10 did an update recently, could it be what bugged my entire setting?

1 hour ago, Dpstyle said:

as for the antivirus, im using McAfee Total Protection, im not sure how to go change it though
also.. it seems my windows10 did an update recently, could it be what bugged my entire setting?

1. I only use 'Defender' which is included in Win10 and good enough. But there should be an option in McAfee too. Either to exclude specific folders or to completely deactivate that function. 

2. Then a lot more people would have the same problem (and me too ;)).

Now to something different. Moving a few mods around i could improve the ground textures and the roads got way better now (although i had to make a patch). Same goes for the mountains. We already have 4 different mods that include mountain textures so adding a separate one (that very much looks like the included textures from CleverCharff) is a bit overkill.

The snow, as usual, is quite tricky. Either it is more grey than white but blends together or it is white but you got obvious seams. But i'm on it and will figure it out...

this is a nice mod set.i got some bug in the beginning but now it seems solved.

ps for who has old gpu like gtx 970 or lower try overclock and don't include "fps" in your mod list or you will have massive fps lag. anyway you will need to overclock gpu and you will have only little fps lag spyke. also "real bows" that is for skyrim not se gave me weird bug with npcs inside red triangle in game i suggest the se port https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3144?tab=description

7 hours ago, Aylis said:

The 'ransom ware protection' would be that in an AVS.

yes it would be. it takes certain folders and "protects" them so your personal files are "safe" from ransomware usually almost your entire C drive program files, user files etc

7 hours ago, Dpstyle said:

i have a seperate HDD for all my games. my skyrimSE is set to D:Games/Steam

let me guess.. free with computer? mcaffee is as bad or worse than some viruses. 

1 hour ago, bluesblu said:

this is a nice mod set.i got some bug in the beginning but now it seems solved.

ps for who has old gpu like gtx 970 or lower try overclock and don't include "fps" in your mod list or you will have massive fps lag. anyway you will need to overclock gpu and you will have only little fps lag spyke. also "real bows" that is for skyrim not se gave me weird bug with npcs inside red triangle in game i suggest the se port https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3144?tab=description

NPC inside a red triangle means a missing texture file, the "skin" so to speak. Since this is for SE and not LE, putting an LE mod into SE (with a few exceptions "skeletons of daggerfall"and "slavetats packs" comes to mind) are not interchangable between the two games. 

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

1. I only use 'Defender' which is included in Win10 and good enough. But there should be an option in McAfee too. Either to exclude specific folders or to completely deactivate that function. 

2. Then a lot more people would have the same problem (and me too ;)).

Not always, Windows doesn't do a global distribution of patches, it's regional. Even with 5 computers in the house 1 might update on (example) 5/31/2020 another might update 6/3/2020 etc unless you force windows to check for updates on the rest. I've updated mine and it will take windows another 2 days to update my sons, another week to update computer 3 (other sons) ETC.

Upcoming changes/added mods:

SkuUI - SE - Flashing Savegames Fix (Thanks for the suggestion) ?

Jaxonz MCM Kicker SE

Torch Remover

CleverCharff's Nordic Ruins (Got to replace one texture)

Snow Effects SE (Renamed to make it easier to find)

Texture Patch (Still working on it)

SexLab Shrines (Not really required but a nice little mod)

Moved mods:

Alternate Start and patches

No Grassias Extended

Looks like Pandorable is the culprit for some overly painted NPC. This becomes VERY obvious with the reshade and i'm working on a solution for that too. 

Btw. DynDOLOD seems to have fixed the issues with 'Bathing in Skyrim'. Can someone confirm that so i can remove the entry in 'Bugs'?

@Aylis @jaeos and everyone: THANK YOU!! I've been lurking, following, and (ab)using this modlist for a while, and it's one of the best! I consult STEP guides sometimes but my build gravitates towards this list.

Reason why I love the list and this thread:

1. Super easy to follow
  2. Frequently updated with much expert discussions too! All the answers are here, why post when I can read and learn instead? ? (yes, introvert here. ahem)
  3. Holy stability batman!
  4. Intro to DAR: "I won't take part in this civil war" between FNIS and Nemesis ? what a great mod! PCEA? Different animations for followers? no need to run generatefnisforusers or nemesis engine and T-POSEing fingers? yes please!
  5. Bijin skin: probably has the best SSS implementation out there. SSS is a must pour moi due to the amount of skin exposed.  Bikinis in a snowstorm? that would be my entourage ?
  6. Wetfunction Redux: didn't even know about this before your list!
  7. Great SL integration ?
  8. ReShade alternatives. Yaay! Getting tired of reading ENB fanatics saying "use this or your Skyrim becomes fugly". I use ENB for all the needed integration stuff (weathers, shadows, complexparticlelights (yeah!!!!), SSS, SSAO/IL--> Boris' implementation seriously kicks ass). I use ReShade for non-integrated image post-proc, like sharpening, LUTing, AA, etc, because squeezing more fps is always fun. 

Comment on Rudy ENB for Obsidian:  not modular enough, too many hardcoding in his enbeffect.fx. Don't take my word, test it: I turned off every checkbox except "enable effects" and it still takes a whopping 10 fps off my crap system... expensive...  I (currently) use Ljoss's adaptation of Rudy's: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30971?tab=description. Has weathers, not too expensive, and much more modular. Only one edit required for me, and that is no SMAA; for me it's cheaper to ReShade that part har har har. YMMV though. Will be monitoring this thread if folks have other suggestions.

Oki... already said too much..  back to reading and lurking for me ?

toodles!

11 hours ago, bluesblu said:

Also "real bows" that is for skyrim not se gave me weird bug with npcs inside red triangle in game i suggest the se port https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3144?tab=description

No idea how you got that. My link is to the version for SE. ?

Also check out the entry 'Hardware' in 'Tips and Tricks'. Finetuning? Always. ? But no overclocking. I prefer to have the warranty.

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

Also check out the entry 'Hardware' in 'Tips and Tricks'. Finetuning? Always. ? But no overclocking. I prefer to have the warranty.

Mine is still under warranty and it is mildy overclocked.. amd 3900k

Is there any way to diagnose a NPC with an invisible body ? I'm assuming its not happy with whatever armor it is wearing. 

It sometimes happens to kid's, you have head/hand/feet moving around but no legs or torso.

I dont know if the kids mod is stand alone or if any other armor mods affect what they wear.

Took me two days to finally get everything right but all I gotta say is "WOW!"  Thank you very much for all of your hard work with this guide.

One question please...

If I were to add things like Legacy of the Dragonborn, Falskaar, etc..., would it still run properly?  

Thank you again for all of your hard work.

56 minutes ago, mayorez said:

Took me two days to finally get everything right but all I gotta say is "WOW!"  Thank you very much for all of your hard work with this guide.

One question please...

If I were to add things like Legacy of the Dragonborn, Falskaar, etc..., would it still run properly?  

Thank you again for all of your hard work.

TWO days?!? You are super fast! It took me 2 weeks to read, understand, and implement Aylis' Load order. Another 2 weeks resolving, SSEEdit'ing conflicts on my additions har har har.

"Will other additions work?"

Definitely maybe! Got Arthmoor's towns on top of clockwork, forgotten city, follower frameworks, other weapons, armors, etc. A shitload of patches and SSEEdits later, and I'm stable.

tldr; veer off list, and be prepared to resolve conflicts yourself. Don't expect Aylis to do your homework, silly you :)  

@shoxxx

The mod for the kids is stand alone. Check the version and if you got all patches. Otherwise i got no idea what could be wrong with that mod.

@mayorez

Maybe. ?

'Beyond Bruma' worked - so those should too. But they will need patches... Lots of patches...

@kwekmaster

I'll take a look.

@All

Finally finished the snow and could resolve a visual bug too. I thought that one would be caused by a single mod... Nope, it was four different mods that caused a similar/another problem. I had to deactivate all mods in my build to find the problematic ones.

My patch for the textures and meshes is coming along. Still have to find a way to make it smaller (1GB atm). So the next update will be in 2-3 days but that depends how well all the other things go. Looks like i have to take a closer look at Bijin, the heavy makeup from Pandorable is starting to annoy me more and more.

I also have to check more mods for redundancy. I might have found a few more that arn't really necessary and can be safely removed.

17 hours ago, shoxxx said:

Is there any way to diagnose a NPC with an invisible body ? I'm assuming its not happy with whatever armor it is wearing. 

It sometimes happens to kid's, you have head/hand/feet moving around but no legs or torso.

I dont know if the kids mod is stand alone or if any other armor mods affect what they wear.

the kids i run acrosds in game will always have their own clothing on, but any that i adopt mthen give clothing to has this problem, so i just give them daggers and dolls