Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Updating status to '2.1.5'.

Creatures are back in, but there could still be bugs with them. With almost everything covered (there are still four mods to check) i can resume the work on my own mods which will be added later.

REMOVED mods:

Area:

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered) (Causes some gaps in the landscape in combination with other mods)

LL:

Gritty Goats (Redundant)

Honored Hounds (Interferes with BDIC and doesn't seem to make a real visual difference)

Weather and Lighting:

KD - Realistic Fireplaces V3 (Problems in Windhelm / Size wrong for Hearthfire)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Preinstallation:

Reshade

Reality - A Performance ReShade

Area:

Grass FPS Booster (Working nicely)

KSHair for JK's Skyrim

KSHair for Dawn of Skyrim

Textures:

CleverCharff's Orc Strongholds

CleverCharff's Orc Strongholds - Slate Roof

Creatures:

HD Reworked Dragons Collection 4K

Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition

Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Official Patch and Patch Central

Weapons and Armor:

Realistic Armor (Thats the end for the last eyesores)

Realistic Armor - Textures

Override:

No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations

NPC:

CiceReal Placer - No Makeup

Weather and Lighting:

Arctic - Frost Effects Redux

Get Snowy (Install both patches. Texture pack is NOT needed)

LL:

(Test) More Nasty Critters Special Edition 12.06A

(Test) Creature Framework (This has to overwrite MNC)

(Test) Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures SE

(Test) Canine Update (OLDRIM but works fine in SE)

(Test) (Optional) Horse Fix for MNC (Just to be sure there are no CTD near them)

(Test) SexLab Aroused Creatures SE v04.0 RC3 (Beta 13)

BakaFactory SLAL Animation (Make sure to get the ones for SE!)

Sexual Vampire Feed SE

Creampie and Pregnant Voice Pack 1.1

Final:

KSHair For Alternate Start

Bathing in Skyrim SE - Alternate Start - Live Another Life Patch (Just to make sure nobody overlooks it)

Testing atm:

Ashara SSE Imperial Outfit - UNP - Sundracon

Ashara Imperial Outfits - SSE CBBE BodySlide

KSHair For All Vanilla NPCs

Outfit Switcher

For some reason, Reshade is only working when I run non-modded Skyrim from the Launcher. I'm able to select the preset and everything. But if I run it from MO2 I don't get the option and the Reshade bar doesn't show up on the home screen. Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out. In case anyone is stupid like me, don't accept the default path for Skyrim SE. You need to point it to the skse64_loader.exe. Might be a good idea to put that in the pre-installation section.

13 minutes ago, wollboi said:

For some reason, Reshade is only working when I run non-modded Skyrim from the Launcher. I'm able to select the preset and everything. But if I run it from MO2 I don't get the option and the Reshade bar doesn't show up on the home screen. Any ideas?

Ehm... What?

Run it from MO2?

Did you read the instructions for the installation? It is right here.

Yeah, I followed 'em. I'm not talking about running Reshade from MO2. I mean Reshade options don't show up when I tried to run Skyrim from MO2 after installing Reshade. If I point it to skse64_launcher.exe when installing Reshade (instead of accepting the defaults), then I have Reshade options. Did you just accept the defaults and were able to get it to work?

Hmm, I dunno what's going on with me, but pointing it to the default didn't work. But whatever. It's entirely possible my MO2 is set up weirdly. It works now regardless.

I noticed in the update post you have Get Snowy ENB Version listed, but on the list the link reads just Get Snowy. May be better to specify the ENB Version in the list.

7 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Hmm, I dunno what's going on with me, but pointing it to the default didn't work. But whatever. It's entirely possible my MO2 is set up weirdly. It works now regardless.

I noticed in the update post you have Get Snowy ENB Version listed, but on the list the link reads just Get Snowy. May be better to specify the ENB Version in the list.

OK. Were talking about a game from Bethesda. Surprises are part of the game...

Fixed - It makes no difference which one gets used. ;)

Found the two lost/removed mods for Lakeview again (thanks to my backups). I might upload and list those later. 

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

Surprises are part of the game and the whole Bethesda experience.

Coming soon: Skyrim Denuvo Edition

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!!!

@Aylis  That grass mod raised my FPS outside by up to 20 frames.  Before I was struggling to get above 60, in some places, like Falkreath, I was sitting from 40 to 50.  Now it is always above 60, usually above 100. Thank you! 

8 hours ago, Aylis said:

Ehm... What?

Run it from MO2?

Did you read the instructions for the installation? It is right here.

Yeah, well those instructions suck. They far underestimate my stupidity.

1st part the directions didn't tell me which rendering API Skyrim uses.

2nd part didn't tell me I had to click on the name Default settings to get the drop down menu.

Everything else was pretty clear.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:09 AM, jaeos said:

i have a question, and it's purely about your name.. you don't live in texas do you?

Nope, Italy, and I can assure you I'm not an hacker, but I love computer science

It's a name I came up with when I was very young

3 hours ago, jap2015 said:

Yeah, well those instructions suck. They far underestimate my stupidity.

1st part the directions didn't tell me which rendering API Skyrim uses.

2nd part didn't tell me I had to click on the name Default settings to get the drop down menu.

Everything else was pretty clear.

@Aylis I just skimmed the install, and yeah. they really do suck. It doesn't take into account the average american only has a reading comprehension of a 6th grader. Thats why there was/is a game show (not kidding) called Are you smarter than a 5th grader. And unless the kids were up against someone who went to a higher education for things like science and math they soundly trounced the adults most of the time. 

According to the list (under Textures & FX) I need to install Skyrim HD se I+2+3..... However this mod requires some other mods that are not listed.... Should I install anyways, and just ignore that, or can someone tell me where to place the required mods??? The mods are as follows:  

Blended Roads required because my road textures are designed to work with this mod.
Realistic Aspen Trees SE required because my own aspen tree textures are included. only the meshes needed.
Realistic Water Two required for Water HD for ENB.
3 hours ago, jaeos said:

@Aylis I just skimmed the install, and yeah. they really do suck. It doesn't take into account the average american only has a reading comprehension of a 6th grader.

When I first saw all those fx's "did not install" in big red letters, I panicked and thought I did something wrong. BTW Longview

45 minutes ago, wa55a said:

According to the list (under Textures & FX) I need to install Skyrim HD se I+2+3..... However this mod requires some other mods that are not listed.... Should I install anyways, and just ignore that, or can someone tell me where to place the required mods??? The mods are as follows:  

Blended Roads required because my road textures are designed to work with this mod.
Realistic Aspen Trees SE required because my own aspen tree textures are included. only the meshes needed.
Realistic Water Two required for Water HD for ENB.

Required mods are not needed in this rare case, Skyrim HD doesn't contain a esp or a esm that would make it dependent

Hi! About the removed mods...
Any safe procedures for those who are already playing with a save from the last guide version?
Removing the listed mods, loading my last save and rewriting it with a new one will cause later issues?
Thanks in advance.

34 minutes ago, jap2015 said:

Required mods are not needed in this rare case, Skyrim HD doesn't contain a esp or a esm that would make it dependent

Okay thanks.... 

My next question is related to the following: 

(Optional) (Group 1) Wet Function Redux SE 

(Optional) (Group 1) WetFunction CBBE texture 4K  

(Optional) (Group 1) Wet Function Redux - Male Textures

I see this in the guide.... Does that mean that I can download all 3 of them... I don't really understand the Group concept. Can someone explain

6 hours ago, wa55a said:

Okay thanks.... 

My next question is related to the following: 

(Optional) (Group 1) Wet Function Redux SE 

(Optional) (Group 1) WetFunction CBBE texture 4K  

(Optional) (Group 1) Wet Function Redux - Male Textures

I see this in the guide.... Does that mean that I can download all 3 of them... I don't really understand the Group concept. Can someone explain

Yes, you should download all 3 of them if you want the best textures for the female body and the male body. The base mod is the first one, the other two are better texture replacements.
The group concept is just about which group of mods are the recommended to achieve a determined effect in the game with this modlist in mind.

12 hours ago, denba666 said:

Hi! About the removed mods...
Any safe procedures for those who are already playing with a save from the last guide version?
Removing the listed mods, loading my last save and rewriting it with a new one will cause later issues?
Thanks in advance.

See post #5. ;)

The optional (<- fixed ;)) numbered groups are some sort of 'Don't like it - skip them all'.