Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Updating status to '2.1.4'.

I've been going through 'a few' guides regarding ini-files and i think i got them right now. Textures are almost done (still waiting for one pack from CleverCharff) and the problems with 'Shades of the Rift' are resolved too (Thanks to the very nice OA).

REMOVED mods:

NPC:

Cicero Female                                                         (Got a better replacement)

Sound:

CiceReal Placer                                                       (Old version. Not needed anymore)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Vanilla Watercolor                                                    (Best option for the used water)

SKSE:

SKSE Ini                                                                   (File)

Area:

Smooth Shores (Grass and Ground Remastered)   (Moved from 'Override')

JK's Sleeping Giant Inn

Shades Of The Rift

Textures:

Arri's Snow Elf Ruins Retexture Special Edition

Snow Elf Ruins Upscaled Textures                             (Only the ruins (ASERRUT) are needed)

Riften in High Definition

Riften in High Definition - Optional Cobblestones

CleverCharff's Apocrypha

CleverCharff's Fort Dawnguard                                (Now it looks better with the used mountain textures)

CleverCharff's Mines

CleverCharff's Photorealistic Ash Pile                      (Looks great with the bones)

CleverCharff's SkyHaven

CleverCharff's SkyHaven - Dark Walls

CleverCharff's Solitude

CleverCharff's Soul Cairn

CleverCharff's Soul Cairn - SMIM Patch                  (No flat skulls anymore)

Weapons and Armor:

Unique Thane Weapons

Override:

Away - Come Away

Save the Icerunner - Lights Out Alternate Routes   (Fixes an annoying quest. Now you have choices (something Bethesda has forgotten))

NPC:

CiceReal Placer - Vanilla - Default Outfit

Sound:

Improved River Sound

Weather and Lighting:

Improved Hearthfire Lighting SE                             (Working fine, no conflicts)

Volumetric Mists                                                      (Very nice with DynDOLOD)

Uploaded files:

Skyrim.ini

This is the one with all the changes i use here. Use it ONLY to compare it with your own.

Skyrim.ini

SKSE.ini

Made this one a few days ago. Although the guide was for Oldrim it works fine with SE too and should improve your loading times. Just drop it into the folder of your game (aka where your skyrim.exe is).

SKSE.ini

Finished bodyslides for 'Away - Come Away'

WBody Away.7z

Testing atm:

Spoiler

testing.png.4f76ad6a240549ed20d0b8488a5adb4f.png

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

Testing atm:

Hide contents

testing.png.4f76ad6a240549ed20d0b8488a5adb4f.png

Wait,, you don't use MYIYH? (my home is your home) it works just fine even with my big ass list, and alows you to not need to remeber where the hell all the followers are after you meet them the first time they are a companion. you just take them by the house, and tell them this is their new home.

And i use the jordis replacer here.

@denba666

You're welcome. :)

@jaeos

None of my chars survived so long that i would have needed it. Way too many restarts so none of the previously tested mods would interfere (plus the dozens of chars that died because i ran into incompabilities and/or hidden bugs).

55 minutes ago, slough_monster said:

@Aylis Your skse.ini has a lot of changes, most of which are also in skyrimcustom.ini, why place there here?

'Cause SKSE looks there first and it helps already with the start of Skyrim (at least thats what i got from the guides and comments). Also it is to make sure that they are really used. In my case that ini cut something around 30% of the loading time...

Shades of the Rift (Early morning)

Spoiler

ScreenShot821.jpg.a61e290ab1cafcfdf3b1adfe57e640df.jpg

ScreenShot820.jpg.163068bf71f3dbc663a7ca4a6a0e0296.jpg

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

'Cause SKSE looks there first and it helps already with the start of Skyrim (at least thats what i got from the guides and comments). Also it is to make sure that they are really used. In my case that ini cut something around 30% of the loading time...

Shades of the Rift (Early morning)

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot821.jpg.a61e290ab1cafcfdf3b1adfe57e640df.jpg

ScreenShot820.jpg.163068bf71f3dbc663a7ca4a6a0e0296.jpg

Initial load times on mine are somewhere around 2-3 minutes, to about 10-15 seconds on interior to exterior cell change or fast travel. Gives me time to plug the headset in at least.

And the next mods dropped when i thought i was almost finished... On one hand we get good mods, on the other hand way too much coming way too fast.

Those two look good so far:

KSHair for Dawn of Skyrim

KSHair for JK's Skyrim

Another mod that could possibly replace two other ones:

HD Reworked Dragons Collection 4K

The mods from Bellyache are better than vanilla, but they start to show their age (thats why i want to replace them).

I just added Arri's textures and now there's a replacement with a higher resolution.

Snow Elf Ruins Upscaled Textures (Only the ruins (ASERRUT) are needed) <- Updated post #2 and #2053

And we got a replacement for our female Cicero (shouldn't it be 'Cicera'? My latin is more than rusty). The clipping is gone, non-slooty outfit, great voice acting and the body is CBBE. I'd almost say 'Perfect' (still got to get rid of the heart and tear tattoo/warpaint in the face ;)).

CiceReal Placer - Vanilla - Default Outfit <- Updated post #2 and #2053

15 minutes ago, jaeos said:

It's come a long way in development.

That shows. The old 'Female Cicero' is just OK - this one on the other hand is imho really creepy when she looks at you. I can't really say why exactly, but in RL i would make room for someone looking at me like this.

In other words: very well made.

8 minutes ago, Aylis said:

That shows. The old 'Female Cicero' is just OK - this one on the other hand is imho really creepy when she looks at you. I can't really say why exactly, but in RL i would make room for someone looking at me like this.

In other words: very well made.

the other mod was thrown together with shit voice recording. This one uses the new voice recording already built in, and you do not need 2 more mods with this one to work and sound right. (lipsync fix/voice recording replacer).

2 hours ago, jap2015 said:

Rowboats of Skyrim

Rowboats of Skyrim DynDoLod Patch

Lilly - A fully-voiced female courier replacer and follower

I noticed I had these installed and not in your list. So I'll D99 Lilly for sure, but are Rowboats a problem?

I'm not aylis (obviously) but i have lots of stuff thats not on aylis's list, like flying, animated dragon wings, just because it's not on her list isn't up to her. It's your game, if you choose to install the list here every mod, every file, every ini, then it's not YOUR game. It's a recreation of hers. So adding mods like those you listed, if it is what you want and are happy with, put them in and enjoy them, hell the lilly courier replacer might be a good thing to look at for the list, same as rowboats. 

8 minutes ago, jaeos said:

I'm not aylis (obviously) but i have lots of stuff thats not on aylis's list, like flying, animated dragon wings, just because it's not on her list isn't up to her. It's your game, if you choose to install the list here every mod, every file, every ini, then it's not YOUR game. It's a recreation of hers. So adding mods like those you listed, if it is what you want and are happy with, put them in and enjoy them, hell the lilly courier replacer might be a good thing to look at for the list, same as rowboats. 

Thanks for reply, I just started SSE about 3 weeks ago and I've never played a more beautiful and stable Skyrim before, so I give a bow to Aylis-sama Though my play style is different than hers (still trying to find that Deadric Armor she won't share), I love the environment that's been painstakingly complied and tend to defer to her texture choices

6 hours ago, jap2015 said:

Rowboats of Skyrim

Rowboats of Skyrim DynDoLod Patch

Lilly - A fully-voiced female courier replacer and follower

I noticed I had these installed and not in your list. So I'll D99 Lilly for sure, but are Rowboats a problem?

Yes they are. Massive clipping in riverwood, sometimes water in the boat etc. Tested that one a few days ago...

Lily should be in 'Mods worth mentioning' and one i might add later.

At the docks of Solitude

ScreenShot810.jpg.56f110c8a031b7bdb309de34b7410888.jpg

4 hours ago, jap2015 said:

Thanks for reply, I just started SSE about 3 weeks ago and I've never played a more beautiful and stable Skyrim before, so I give a bow to Aylis-sama Though my play style is different than hers (still trying to find that Deadric Armor she won't share), I love the environment that's been painstakingly complied and tend to defer to her texture choices

i use dibellian defender for armor (slavetats pack) so yeah, i run around naked but have more armor than daedric, a bow with explosive arrows fire/shock/ice depending on the tattoo i have on the hand and can kill most ancient dragons in 3-4 arrows. Farkas on the other hand wont get the hell out of his armor and wear the ebony armor i crafted for him. niether will lydia or jordis for that matter.. 

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

Yes they are. Massive clipping in riverwood, sometimes water in the boat etc. Tested that one a few days ago...

So wouldn't it be on a mod worth watching page, i mean if it's a new mod the OP might clean it up and has not gotten to it yet. 

1 hour ago, jaeos said:

So wouldn't it be on a mod worth watching page, i mean if it's a new mod the OP might clean it up and has not gotten to it yet. 

Don't expect an update. The author considers it finished and locked his thread.

20 hours ago, jap2015 said:

Don't expect an update. The author considers it finished and locked his thread.

And rightly so. The boat is finished and looking great. I really wish i could add it.

But, and that's the big problem, almost every modcreator, that uses a boat in his mod or changed the landscape in an area with boats, would have to make a patch for it. I don't see this happening. 

And the next one:

KSHair For Alternate Start

Still not sure about (this could potentially be very problematic):

KSHair For All Vanilla NPCs

Thankfully she's doing ESL otherwise i wouldn't consider adding a lot of her mods.

I'll also be checking Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition <- Nice in combination with Morrowloot

50 minutes ago, slough_monster said:

Guard Dialogue seems to have a lot of conflicts with MLU with armor and weapons when looking at it with xedit.

Just an observation.

I have also been to Windhelm for the first time in this playthrough and for me, the grey quarter has a ton of flickering.

Not see anything other than 1 lamp that flicker on and off. Its the first lamp you see when walking down the stairs.

2 days ago I was in Windhelm trying out the mod "Blood on the Ice", saw no problems. Checked during day and night, with and without torches

I was playing today and found a small bug, maybe I've done something wrong.
I've used frostbite staff against a enemy and the spell effects were bugged. Instead of the expected effects there were strange squares floating against the enemy.
Any advices? Did someone have the same problem?

Edit: Nevermind. I have solved the problem installing Arctic - Frost Effects Redux.

2 hours ago, denba666 said:

Arctic - Frost Effects Redux.

That one is on my list. What do you think of it?

41 minutes ago, jap2015 said:

Speaking of bugged staffs, you think someone would have fixed this one by now

Where's that?

23 minutes ago, Aylis said:

That one is on my list. What do you think of it?

Where's that?

Player home in Windhelm. If you try to try to put a staff in that weapon rack, swords and what not are fine. But I remember seeing this in LE

BTW save before trying, it will kill each slot you try it in.