Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

On 5/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, asebw said:

@Aylis

The dissapearing creature schlongs is an ongoing issue with creature framework and/or v12 of NMC. They're still trying to pin down the issue. MadMansGun has some troubleshooting things to try out on the NMC Thread (Being updated regularly it seems). However, it doesn't seem to be working for everyone. The other alternative is to go back to v11 of NMC. You will need to reinstall the creature framework standalone.

Then there is hope to readd it later again.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:33 AM, Daikomyo said:

@Aylis - Rudy ENB mentions installing ELE - SE, ELFX SE or RLO SE - I did not see any of these in the list (except a screenshot comparison between RLO and Luminosity) - so Luminosity can be used in place of these?  Or which are you using?  Then "Use ELFX with Enhancer" and "Place the Interior Lighting mod after the Weather mod in your load order" are also mentioned - leaving a bit confused on how to truly install Ruby ENB!  Can you offer some clarity here?  Thanks!

You can use whatever you like, just check for incompabilities and you might have to change the order in the group a bit.

I've tested them all. See post #20.

On 5/5/2020 at 1:55 AM, slough_monster said:

That was it.  I feel stupid now.  Thank you!

Don't. When i ran into the problem with the shiny rocks it took me days to figure it out.

The interactions between the mods isn't always easy to get and it is a looooong list. ;)

On 5/5/2020 at 3:36 AM, jaeos said:

i found another mod you might like @Aylis

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7213 Death is highly overrated

I'll take a look.

Upcoming changes/additions:

<SNIP>

Foggy autumn morning:

Spoiler

ScreenShot764.jpg.33821643438b6b8d6b690745ecc7c7cb.jpg

Yoga extreme:

Spoiler

ScreenShot767.png.c5795b6549f6b97aa0f4ed30e830fbb6.png

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

a reproducable ctd while moving is usually a mesh. a ctd while saving is a skyrim bug that has never been fixed. here is a reddit thread about it. 

as you can see.. it's a 3 yr old reddit about save game crashes 

I did happen to see this reddit during my research and it is true that I have not attempted this procedure yet.  However, my ctd is not just limited to only when saving.  It also happens when passing time in the same spot.  However, at the alchemist shack, I have no problem passing time and it's where I last saved.  This implies something wrong within the cell, again from the little that I understand.  It also had a ctd when I tried to enter the nearby beastess lair, and another time when I tried to just keep moving toward Riften.  I uninstalled beastess lair, since I thought that might have been the cause and I don't even use them, but it didn't solve it.  My next attempt to solve it would be to fast travel home and wait 30+ days inside, since that is supposed to force a cell reset.  Don't know if it will really work, and if it doesn't, then I will probably try the killing self one.  It's just that since it's not limited to just when I save, I didn't think the killing myself fix would help.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:09 AM, Angelborn07 said:

So, don't know if anyone else is running into this issue, but I guess I'll ask.  I'm running into ctd issues when trying to save in the area south of Ivarstead, where the road splits to go toward Riften and Helgen.  I was able to save near the abandoned alchemist shack, but at that crossroads, every time I try to save or even pass the time, it ctds.  Researching implies that this means a corrupted mesh/texture/cell in the area, probably from a mod.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I have modified Aylis's list here a bit, but the only mods I can think might be causing this is the various texture/grass/rock/tree/etc... and possibly the weather mods.  Just reaching out to see if anyone else had similar issue, or if I just messed something up.  Oh, I have tried cleaning the plugins and cleaning my save, but to no avail.  I even tried waiting 31 days near the shack to try and reset the cells.  Still nothing.  Would appreciate some insight if anyone knows about it.  Thanks all!

I've had this problem in the past. At the time when I googled it seemed to have some connection whether you had cleaned the master files or not and I couldn't narrow it down to a specific mod. What solved it for me was console command 'coc ivarsteadexterior01' once Ivarstead loads up I could run back out of town and the crash didnt happen anymore. Worth a shot maybe if you are still having issues. 

32 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Angelborn07

What happens if you deactivate the 'Beastess Lair' in the area and/or DynDOLOD? Just to make sure...

Vigilants of Stendarr - Paladin 

StendarrPaladin.jpg.e20f5143d33dcb7579ffb20489dbabf6.jpg

I've uninstalled the beastess lairs but I haven't deactivated dyndolod, didn't know that that could have an effect as well, so might be worth trying.  I had run into problems around the beastess lairs before and since I haven't even used them, it won't be much of a loss.  I like the idea of them, but not if they cause crashes.

2 hours ago, menehillion said:

I've had this problem in the past. At the time when I googled it seemed to have some connection whether you had cleaned the master files or not and I couldn't narrow it down to a specific mod. What solved it for me was console command 'coc ivarsteadexterior01' once Ivarstead loads up I could run back out of town and the crash didnt happen anymore. Worth a shot maybe if you are still having issues. 

I already cleaned all of my pluggins, including the DLCs (which are the worst of the lot for needing cleaning, thanks Bethesda...), and I script cleaned my save with Fallrim Tools, but I never saw that console command as a suggestion.  I'll have to try that as well, so thank your for that.  Hopefully one of these will work.

5 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@Angelborn07 Are you running Lawbringer with the all-in-one option? I ask because I had constant CTD whenever I accessed a menu when I was in that particular area you're describing. Switching to the pick-each-option version fixed it immediately.

I am running Lawbringer, but I had read about the all in one issues, so I made sure to use the separate ones.  Again, I think this is a cell issue, due to it seemingly only happening in that area.  I haven't tried working on it yesterday or today because I've been watching anime instead.  Needed a bit of a break from the game having issues, but I might try some of the fixes tonight.   Thanks again for all the suggestions.

So update.  Tried the console command that was suggested.  Didn't work.  Tried deactivating all DynDolod parts.  Didn't work.  Tried fast traveling home and waiting for 31+ days inside breezehome to force a cell reset.  Traveled back to the crossroads.  Didn't work.  Reran both parts of DynDolod and replaced the old ones.  Didn't work.  This all implies that one of the mods I have is loading a corrupted mesh/texture in that area, and I now have the (fun) task of trying to figure out which motherfu-akljghaklgasdk son of aalkhfakjh aj... ahem, I mean WONDERFUL mod it is...  And then slapping the crap out of it...

/sigh

Thanks again everyone.

@Angelborn07

Been through the area for two hours now and couldn't find a problem. The only things left i could see possibly causing a problem could be:

Creatures (Wolves, Bears and the giant spider) - did you change them or added something?

The book and the armor at the column.

The rest should be fine (or cause a problem everywhere else too).

Updating status to '2.1.3'.

Mostly textures. The rest is convenience stuff and optional visual changes to the game. Also i'm combining the groups 'Area' and 'Area Expansions' into just 'Area'. Those two have shrunk over time so they don't need to be separated anymore (in MO2 just delete the separator ;)).

The changes also mean you have to rerun DynDOLOD. But it is totally worth it...

REMOVED mods:

Area:

Cathedral Snow (SSE or VR)                                   (Not needed and started to cause problems)

Lanterns of Skyrim SE

Physics and Animation:

Realistic Ragdolls and Force                                   (Not needed anymore)

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Cleaned DLC

High Poly Project                                                      (Moved within the group)

Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB                                  (Moved from 'Weather and Lighting)

Extra Smooth Mesh Mod                                          (Fixes quite a few angles and edges)

SKSE:

SSE Parallax Shader Fix (BETA)

(SKSE64) Havok Fix                                                 (Doesn't seem to do much for my system. But might be useful for you)

UI:

Better MessageBox Controls

Area:

Overgrown Cottage in Riverwood                             (A tiny little starterhome in Riverwood)

Various Better Dynamic Snow Patches

Textures:

Better Falmer Cave Ceiling Glow

Cleaner Bridges - No More Bridge Dirt                      (Use the first option)

CleverCharff's Caves - No green grass                     (Renamed it to keep the patch separate and easier to identify)

CleverCharff's Markarth and Dwemer Ruins (Video)

CleverCharff's Markarth and Dwemer Ruins - Grey  (Use the option you like. Renamed it to keep the patch separate and easier to identify)

CleverCharff's Castle Volkihar

CleverCharff's Castle Volkihar - Stone Tiles              (Renamed it to keep the patch separate and easier to identify)

Rally's Raven Rock

Rally's Tel Mithryn

Rally's Tel Mithryn - LOD                                            (Renamed it to keep the patch separate and easier to identify)

Nordic Mountains                                                       (Use the darker version)

Parallax Pelts

PC:

Aesthetic Elves

Physics and Animation:

Motion Sensitive Fix SE

Weapons and Armor:

RUSTIC AMULETS - Special Edition

Override:

Immersive Weapon Integration to MU Patch              (Moved from 'Weapons and Armor')

We Don't Float

NPC:

Humanoid Vampire Lords

Sound:

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul - RDO SE

LL:

Ammo Unequip on Sexlab Animations 1.02               (Moved from 'Override')

Final:

NoGrassias Extended                                                 (Fixes (almost) all overgrown streets)

Testing atm:

Textures, textures, textures...                                      Btw. did i mention textures?

DynDOLOD Occlusion

Spoiler

Testing.jpg.c52e6289ed978fb8185ebcc7241a52d1.jpg

DJQ Zafira

Does not play well with the pubic hair.  It was on the sides of the legs.

Got a little laugh at that and though....  Porkchops for women!

Haven't checked the other UNP bodies. Might want to disable the hair or pick shaved when meeting her. Unless you like the Porkchops.....

42 minutes ago, e27spd said:

DJQ Zafira

Does not play well with the pubic hair.  It was on the sides of the legs.

Got a little laugh at that and though....  Porkchops for women!

Haven't checked the other UNP bodies. Might want to disable the hair or pick shaved when meeting her. Unless you like the Porkchops.....

Unsexiest kind of legbeard.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:08 PM, Angelborn07 said:

I've uninstalled the beastess lairs but I haven't deactivated dyndolod, didn't know that that could have an effect as well, so might be worth trying.  I had run into problems around the beastess lairs before and since I haven't even used them, it won't be much of a loss.  I like the idea of them, but not if they cause crashes.

I already cleaned all of my pluggins, including the DLCs (which are the worst of the lot for needing cleaning, thanks Bethesda...), and I script cleaned my save with Fallrim Tools, but I never saw that console command as a suggestion.  I'll have to try that as well, so thank your for that.  Hopefully one of these will work.

What mods did you add other than the list aylis put up? i would look at those. it could be a missing texture like sanguines debauchery had going on. all was good until you entered the temple, senna was the first missing texture, mother hamal was the second (or was it one of the statues?). But those were reproducible in very specific ways. CTD as soon as you started the turn on the last staircase after you first get senna fixed, Yours seems more like a memory cascade (saving or waiting) try this. turn off autosave on wait. then well.. wait.. if it doesn't crash it's a save glitch. But you are not crashing walking through ivarstead right? just on save or wait? not while roaming around?

I suspect it might have to do with the creature mods that Aylis ended up removing from the list.  Unfortunately, those were somewhat recently removed and I had downloaded the list previous to this revision.  Now my saved game has those as part of it's list and if I try to deactivate Aroused Creatures, I get the "page is ruined and cannot be read" error when loading my save.  Unfortunately I don't think loading an earlier save will help, since these mods were loaded since I started this save.  Which means I would have to start a brand new save, and I'm not even certain these are the mods causing the problem I'm having.  It's just a strong possibility.  Unless someone knows how to salvage my save from the cannot be read error.

@Angelborn07

If the stuff is working for you then just keep them in. I had major issues with them and thats why i removed those mods from the list.

Last setup:

Spoiler

LL.jpg.300de2be0b64d7821870998042edd8e4.jpg

Found some older mods which might be interesting:

Daedric Realms - Volume I The Hunting Grounds   (Daedra/Werewolf/Hunter)

Path of the Revenant                                                (Dungeon/Necromancy)

Adept - Magic of Ash                                               (Dunmer/Alteration magic)

Reach Magic                                                             (Forsworn/Nature magic)

Are you guys interested in something like those mods?

Hi All. returning after a long unwelcomed hiatus (PC died). and restarting from scratch on a new PC (so it should be a clean install, right? lol)

I had a question prior to my misfortunate PC death.. concerning DynDolod and LODs in general.  Can a missing LOD cause CTD?  (bear with me on this..  its been a while) like i remember being confused and put down by the whole Dyndolod and ended up never doing it, just leaving vanilla LODs.  but kept having CTDs when nearing towns and cities. could it be because my LODs didnt match? 

on another note @Aylis i would definately be interested in the Reach Magic and anything Druid/Nature oriented, as i tend to play Bosmer alot, when its not Breton or Custom races. (kinda liking the Succubus paired with Animated Wings & Flight mod at the moment, speaking of.. been playing with those in your list for 2 days now without issues so far. if you wanna check them out ;)Succubus Race , Animated Wings , Flying Mod. the one downside that i found is that you cant use the wings from the Succubus mod by themselves to fly even if you pick the animated ones in the FOMOD,  i had to add Animated Wings Ultimate and have to pop those out whenever i wanna fly. but the MCM is neat, allows for keybinding and all. for instance, i press Y to spread/fold  the wings, G to fly.. also works when falling, spreading wings in falling makes you auto-glide after a meter or two, and G lets you take flight from there.  its interesting and makes for a very different view of Skyrim ?

Edit:  i didnt explore alot yet, though. so idk the length of how "stable" they are yet in terms of the map (DLC areas & whatnot) finished my install of your list yesterday around noon (US EST) and only played a couple of hours. but might be worth to test more in depth

5 minutes ago, Dpstyle said:

Hi All. returning after a long unwelcomed hiatus (PC died). and restarting from scratch on a new PC (so it should be a clean install, right? lol)

I had a question prior to my misfortunate PC death.. concerning DynDolod and LODs in general.  Can a missing LOD cause CTD?  (bear with me on this..  its been a while) like i remember being confused and put down by the whole Dyndolod and ended up never doing it, just leaving vanilla LODs.  but kept having CTDs when nearing towns and cities. could it be because my LODs didnt match? 

on another note @Aylis i would definately be interested in the Reach Magic and anything Druid/Nature oriented, as i tend to play Bosmer alot, when its not Breton or Custom races. (kinda liking the Succubus paired with Animated Wings & Flight mod at the moment, speaking of.. been playing with those in your list for 2 days now without issues so far. if you wanna check them out ;)Succubus Race , Animated Wings , Real Flying. the one downside that i found is that you cant use the wings from the Succubus mod by themselves to fly even if you pick the animated ones in the FOMOD,  i had to add Animated Wings Ultimate and have to pop those out whenever i wanna fly. but the MCM is neat, allows for keybinding and all. for instance, i press Y to spread/fold  the wings, G to fly.. also works when falling, spreading wings in falling makes you auto-glide after a meter or two, and G lets you take flight from there.  its interesting and makes for a very different view of Skyrim ?

Edit:  i didnt explore alot yet, though. so idk the length of how "stable" they are yet in terms of the map (DLC areas & whatnot) finished my install of your list yesterday around noon (US EST) and only played a couple of hours. but might be worth to test more in depth

I'm pretty sure mismatching lods causes the game to freak, but dyndolod isn't that hard to run, it just takes time, and there are some good vids that show exactly how to install and run it if you are like me and just words do not help at times.

i know i'm not aylis but.. natureborn overlays and spells and if you are feeling really wild and crazy, you could try this race mod. Forest nymphs

gonna look, Thanks.  i remember trying the Nymph before, but it was barely "ported" to SE and i kept having a bug where she would turn invisible whenever getting wet (bathing, swimming or even just Dripping when aroused lol)

Thanks @Aylis for the guide. Just noticed this during the update and ran into a problem.

SKSE Extensions:

DLL Plugin Loader (Is NOT needed!)

So I could not fine a "how to uninstall" in the op or the forum. Other than deleting the 2 dll's, what else needs to be done? Game will not launch without them.

Edit: Okay I think i got it. I deleted binkw64.dll and renamed binkw64_dll to the former...Correct?

7 hours ago, Dpstyle said:

gonna look, Thanks.  i remember trying the Nymph before, but it was barely "ported" to SE and i kept having a bug where she would turn invisible whenever getting wet (bathing, swimming or even just Dripping when aroused lol)

this forest nymph isn't a port.. it's a race mod made by trykz for only se. i think you are thinking this mod nymph girls of skyrim. I've used both, forest nymph every thing but giants and wolves hate you (and the mailman).