Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

8 hours ago, kesryth said:

Not sure if you are referring to your total plugin count or total ESM+ESP count there.

In my case, I have 343 active plugins, but what matters is the count of ESM+ESP plugins which should be under the 255 limit. ESL's do not count towards the plugin limit, nor do espfe's (ESPs that are flagged as ESL). So fo my 343 active plugins, 215 are ESM or ESLs and the remaining 128 are ESLs.

So my understanding is that as long as the ESM+ESP count is below that 255 limit, you should be golden.

4 hours ago, wollboi said:

@AceMuffins What kesryth said. Hover over the plugins counter on the right side of MO2. If your ESM+ESP count is over 255 then you have a problem, but that probably isn't the case. If it is for some reason, post your plugin list.

Thank you! The game seems to be working well now, the only issue remaining is for me to reinstall a couple mods in which I forgot to tick the right settings, figure out why RaceMenu isn't working at all and then redo the FNIS and Nemesis and Wrye and DynDoLOD things, let's hope all of it works!

@wollboi

Is there a way to reply to someone or do you need to create a new post?

I think I made some progress with creature framework that I wanted to share.  I looked through numerous posts and tried alot of things which didn't yield any progress until I changed the version of creature framework.  I went from pre2a to pre2 and BAM; every arousal and animation has worked.  I am still testing to confirm this and make sure it just wasn't a coincidence but so far its a difference between night and day.

I am going to start looking into the black faces next; this is strange.  At first it was only Solitude but now previously correct faces (Whiterun for example) are going black when returning to the area.

Thank you for the help and hope that the pre2 helps you and others.

CF DL.PNG

This is an amazing guide.
Thank you for sharing it with us newbies.

You stated that Immersive College of Winterburn has too many conflicts with other mods to be considered worth it. Can you be more specific? It was just updated last month and given your advice, I uninstalled it without having yet reached or entered it, but of course now my Dyndlod is showing missing texture errors. Looks like I missed a step somewhere.

4 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Is there any all in one follower management mod like this one in FNV that allow me to manage number of followers, follower house, tell them to wait, follow, etc that plays nice with this guide?

The problem here is not the choice of possible follower frameworks. Plenty of options available.

However most of them are:

- either horribly outdated

- fall apart when used with 'unique' followers (i.e. inigo, sofia, vilya, serena etc etc)

- or don't integrate well with LL mods

Back in oldrim I used EFF (extended follower framework) which was the least worst option available.

Currently I am playing with NFF (nether's follower framework). Which plays along with my choice of LL mods even better than EFF used to.

9 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Is there any all in one follower management mod like this one in FNV that allow me to manage number of followers, follower house, tell them to wait, follow, etc that plays nice with this guide?

I am using Nether's Follower Framework but as alaunus01 said you shouldn't have the follower mod control unique followers like Indigo .  So far I personally like NFF above the other alternatives, plus it was updated recently.

5 hours ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

Can anyone confirm if they got the slavetats mcm with this LO,  mine doesn't show but tats applies normally?  Also been getting the riften CTD bug agine anywhere around the outside, inside a building cell is just fine

I use slavetats exhaustively (dibellian defender needs it and rutah made some really nice norse themed tattoos in addition to his original tattoos. In the MCM it might take a minute to load the tattoos but an actual menu option called slavetats should be there. This is the one i use SlaveTats-1.3.0-beta-2 SE.7z and if you are ussing sanguines debauchery you also need SlaveTatsEventsBridge SE v0.1b.7z so sanguine can apply his rose tattoo to your ass, and you get the whip and cane marks.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:08 PM, wollboi said:

@RedAcer Please let us know when you've tested it further. I'd be very interested in rolling back if that fixes it.

@wollboi

1)  I did numerous testing back and fourth between the two different versions; so far I had 100% better success with using pre2 (not pre2a).  I also lowered arousal and tested with numerous creatures in the same scene with different actors at the same time and all animations showed showed correctly using pre2.  This worked best for me.

2) Black face bug - this was a little tougher to troubleshoot but finally found it (I think).  I had sporadic npc with black face but when first meeting them they did not.   I also have animal mansion mod and one of the NPC's there always had black face.  I moved High Poly NPC Overhaul below animal mansion (which is almost at the end of my list) and all adult npc that I could  check so far are fixed, if I move HP NPC Overhaul above animal mansion it would come back.  That leaves me with the question; is moving the mod and esp of HP NPC Overhaul almost to the bottom going to cause something else?  This change lead to kids having black face but this was resolved by moving realistic rs children overhaul below high poly npc overhaul.

Regarding point 2 do you think that moving High Poly NPC Overhaul and Realistic RS Children Overhaul to the bottom will cause any issues?

Thank you for the help and let me know if your tests yield the same result.

loadorder.txt plugins.txt

@RedAcer I'll check pre2 out.

As for moving High Poly NPC, I don't have any experience with Animal Mansion but I'd assume it's trying to alter the same faces as High Poly NPC Overhaul. I wouldn't want to move High Poly NPC or RS Children Overhaul. Both are ESMs and have a number of dependencies associated with them. Rather than moving anything around, I'd load all of your mods in SSEEdit and look at the NPC faces section. I'm willing to bet you're going to see conflicts, in which case you'd just need to give NPC Overhaul and RS Children priority over any conflicts. Sounds a lot more complicated than it really is. Youtube will walk you through what I'm talking about better than I can describe it. I've had to do this with a conflict with Seranaholic and HDT Werewolves.

---

Unrelated - Novolus Reshade updated for Rudy ENB and Obsidian. Now there's a single file for Rudy Obsidian and Cathedral Weathers for ENB. I'm testing it now.

Checking out:

Better Dynamic Ash SE

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts

Ran into issues:

Equipment Toggle

But remember: i'll need a few days for a thorough testing.

Working mods:

JK's Angeline's Aromatics

Tirk The Riekling Special Edition 1.0.5

@DarkDragoon197

Try this one:

shipwoodfloor01.dds

Maybe the download or the extraction borked the file.

Regarding 'Animal Mansion':

I've taken a look at it some months ago and it had quite a few problems. Thats why it isn't even listed as an optional mod.

38 minutes ago, T-lam said:

An info for max slots

Some places mention 4096 esl, but there is a hard limit for esl on 255.

Go beyond starts overwriting esm's.

509 is max esp slots.

254 esp + 255 esl, fe

Are you certain the overwrites happen because of this and not because of 'bad' esl flags? (i.e. plugins with more than 2048 formids)?

----snipp----

Equipment Toggle needs a much better documentation before it makes sense. Wouldn't just dismiss it yet. Getting rid of a script based solution in favor of skse plugin library sounds worthwhile to me.

@Aylis ill try it out just got home from work, I know you been busy as well with your job, but i do check in from time to time.  Going to wait awhile before updating my list agine. Got things pretty stable right now and still working on my own mod too.  If any are interested I got a discord set up to show case my work and hash out ideas. Just let me know and I'll drop a discord link.

1 hour ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

@Aylis ill try it out just got home from work, I know you been busy as well with your job, but i do check in from time to time.  Going to wait awhile before updating my list agine. Got things pretty stable right now and still working on my own mod too.  If any are interested I got a discord set up to show case my work and hash out ideas. Just let me know and I'll drop a discord link.

Drop a link so i can later take a look at it. It might end up in the list... ;)