Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@ralchemilla

Thats a false positive. MLU could change the guards but their equipment is already replaced by another mod and thus not affected. So SSEEDIT is complaining about something that can not happen anymore.

No idea where this comes from. The ESL ends up on top and i treat the ESP just like any other ESP. So no change to the LO here.

The DAR animations are interesting. It looks like you don't always have to rerun FNIS or NEMESIS when you install them and they simply work after that.

10 hours ago, wollboi said:

Edit - Fixed my SL issue. Didn't realize you could re-register SLA animations without SL installed. Still having the same issue with animations causing crashes about 25% of the time.

Then it's not an "animation count" issue. It COULD be a bad animation issue. But i would think people would scream loudly and frequently if someone put out a bad animation. But, are they specific animations or a toss-up? i.e. beastality is fine but rape by drauger always causes a crash etc or is it more "no whammy no whammy STOP"

None of the animations should be registered to SLAL until you tell it to add them. And sexlab shouldn't be trying to load an animation until it needs it. (so you should have been able to load back into a game and tell it to re-register in SLAL and been fine.) You might try deleting SLAL and re-install it and then re-register the animations you have. Or it could be a sexlab issue i'm using the 1.67 version and not having an issue. 

@jaeos Yeah, I was confused. You can watch Sexlab load a bunch of animations via the console as it's installing. I guess some come with it by default, because there was stuff from Arrok and Leito that I removed to try to get my animation count down. But re-registering SLA before installing SL stopped that CTD. I want to re-register my Ferrari before I own one.

The animation CTD is different. I literally only have it when I'm either laying down in a bed or taking a bath. Which means it could have something to do with disrobing, as I'm doing both of those in those animations. I dunno. I corrected some of the load order mistakes I had, so I'll see if that makes a difference. It's frustrating because the game seems super stable other than this.

Question! is High Poly Head compatible with Better Vampires? i might have encountered a bug x.x
1073354138_ooox.jpg.8ceaa0d8e8ea7691c76949a980a51236.jpg
i just started a new play-through, and tried the Alternate Start - LAL (vampire origin), so i noticed 2 issues immediately,
1) Face Part remained at option 3,
so while i 'became' an vampire, my head/face (left) did not reflect the 'race change' properly causing it to become (right).. have to manually drag face part 3 to 4 to reflect correctly in showracemenu ; ;
2) Missing effect/fx/smoke?, usually when you become a vampire, you would be enveloped in a black mist/smoke to reflect your fall into vampirism, but i get.. 'blue/purple blocks..'

how should i fix it? or did i missed out a mod that should have fixed the 'vampire transformation black smoke fx'?
(aa! i did try the High Poly Head V1.4's vampire head fix option, but it still shows the same issues)

so sorry to bother ><

@ralchemilla

1. Is a known issue with HPH. Skyrim is stubborn again and reapplies the standard low-poly head when you become a vampire. Reapplying a preset in racemenu should fix this problem.

2. Something with a blueish purple color is always a missing or broken texture.

Yay! Finally through with the companions. Now i can start Dawnguard, redo the last missing pics and test the last mod in my list.

47 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@ralchemilla

1. Is a known issue with HPH. Skyrim is stubborn again and reapplies the standard low-poly head when you become a vampire. Reapplying a preset in racemenu should fix this problem.

2. Something with a blueish purple color is always a missing or broken texture.

Yay! Finally through with the companions. Now i can start Dawnguard, redo the last missing pics and test the last mod in my list.

image.png.7e2e94186ca989c5db1f27201c1e2840.png
@Aylis thank you so much!! i found the issue.. with the missing/broken vampire mist thingy.. the culprit is No Edge Glow - Magic and Transformations

8 hours ago, wollboi said:

@jaeos Yeah, I was confused. You can watch Sexlab load a bunch of animations via the console as it's installing. I guess some come with it by default, because there was stuff from Arrok and Leito that I removed to try to get my animation count down. But re-registering SLA before installing SL stopped that CTD. I want to re-register my Ferrari before I own one.

The animation CTD is different. I literally only have it when I'm either laying down in a bed or taking a bath. Which means it could have something to do with disrobing, as I'm doing both of those in those animations. I dunno. I corrected some of the load order mistakes I had, so I'll see if that makes a difference. It's frustrating because the game seems super stable other than this.

If it's always when disrobing what about that sleeping while naked mod aylis has in the order? i don't use the damn thing since DCL makes you sleep naked anyways (when i use it) 

4 hours ago, jaeos said:

If it's always when disrobing what about that sleeping while naked mod aylis has in the order? i don't use the damn thing since DCL makes you sleep naked anyways (when i use it) 

Think I'm close to figuring out what's going on. It was odd that it occurs when disrobing. Made me think there would have to be something wrong with at least two separate mods, and that doesn't make sense.

Then I thought it was AllGUD (which I'm still using, but debating getting rid of it). I hadn't run the mesh/skeleton scripts since installing Immersive Weapons Integration. Don't know why it never occurred to me, but it was running correctly before now anyway. Re-ran it, no errors to speak of in its logs, back at it and everything looks fine until I disrobe again and it CTDs.

So now I've figured out that if I unequip my weapon, I'm almost guaranteed to get a CTD. It makes sense. Go to Bed strips it, Dirt and Blood strips it, me stripping it strips it. So maybe it's got something to do with that? @Aylis was saying a few posts ago that she's thinking about tossing it out of the list. Or, yeah, I'm in denial and have to live without having a sword, bow, and battleaxe strapped to my armor.

Edit - Nope. It's not AllGUD. Uninstalled per instructions from author and still CTD when I unequip a weapon.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Think I'm close to figuring out what's going on. It was odd that it occurs when disrobing. Made me think there would have to be something wrong with at least two separate mods, and that doesn't make sense.

Then I thought it was AllGUD (which I'm still using, but debating getting rid of it). I hadn't run the mesh/skeleton scripts since installing Immersive Weapons Integration. Don't know why it never occurred to me, but it was running correctly before now anyway. Re-ran it, no errors to speak of in its logs, back at it and everything looks fine until I disrobe again and it CTDs.

So now I've figured out that if I unequip my weapon, I'm almost guaranteed to get a CTD. It makes sense. Go to Bed strips it, Dirt and Blood strips it, me stripping it strips it. So maybe it's got something to do with that? @Aylis was saying a few posts ago that she's thinking about tossing it out of the list. Or, yeah, I'm in denial and have to live without having a sword, bow, and battleaxe strapped to my armor.

Edit - Nope. It's not AllGUD. Uninstalled per instructions from author and still CTD when I unequip a weapon.

could it be the actual unequip animation? possibly xpmse since it adds animations for weapons? and yeah. a really dumb idea, but i don't have ctd on unequip. BUT I also don't use Nemesis. Is it possible it is something you added for that framework? 

@jaeos Yeah, I thought about that too. But Nemesis is working fine. I've only got two other animations installed beyond the ones from the list, and they've been fine through a 100-hour session.

I THINK I might have fixed it, and it's the dumbest thing of all time. There's a generic weapon called "Blood Horker's Axe". Every time I tried to unequip it, drop it, whatever, it would freeze. I thought that other weapons had the same result, but it was just this one (like switching from this one to another weapon caused the crash). I thought it was from Immersive Weapons Integration, but it's actually from Unplayable Faction Armor. I guess the mod also includes some weapons. Removed the weapon via the console and everything seems to work fine. Switched rapidly between four different weapons, dropped them on the ground, spawned new ones from the console. Nothing. Taking a bath and sleeping so far have not caused any crashes for the past two hours or so. Still being really cautious.

Have no idea what could cause this. There's nothing on the UFA forum about it. Maybe a bad mesh or something? It wouldn't surprise me that no one picked it up, as it's a bad weapon and I literally just picked it up because I liked the look of it. Reminds me of the monkey's paw story.

TL;DR - I dunno. I'm going to go kill draugr and forget this ever happened.

I put this list together, including the changes from Oct 3, and I'm getting a weird issue while using the bow. When drawing the bow in First Person, the character is aiming the bow in a right angle to the left, and shoots from the top left corner to wherever I'm aiming. Using the bow in FP also causes CTD frequently.

I'm not sure what could be causing it.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Apparently, I had forgotten that XPMSSE has a Joy of Perspective setting.

Remembering which of these has which setting is the worst thing about modding, imo

On 10/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, wollboi said:

Has anybody had problems with the Wet Function Redux head textures? I started a new character and now it's not being applied, although the other textures are. Load order hasn't changed (other than I added the upcoming CBBE Muscle Solution to the list, but that shouldn't matter). Wondering if it's High Poly Head and I never noticed.

image.png.c8860b991ef7a116ace022b6498ff32c.png
I'm currently using High Poly Head both V1.3 and V1.4 separately ( i managed to fix the vampire head bug), i didn't encounter any issues with Wet Function Redux  for not applying wetness/glossiness yet, could it be CBBE Muscle Solution?

8 hours ago, wollboi said:

There's a generic weapon called "Blood Horker's Axe". Every time I tried to unequip it, drop it, whatever, it would freeze.

I'll take a look at it. Did you already try to reinstall the mod?

34 minutes ago, lRaven said:

If I run SKSE from the Skyrim folder, everything is in English, if I run SKSE through MO2, in Russian, grrr

Moreover, all mods are disabled. I just don't understand where it gets the localization files from ...

Afaik changing the language is done via Steam (never had to). What happens if you start the game via launcher?

@ralchemilla It very well could be. I jumped the gun and installed it before it's official debut on the mod list, so I'm guessing at it's placement at the moment. I think it is actually applying the face textures, but there's a seem and it doesn't look as detailed as I thought it was.

Incidentally, I'm slowly sliding up the size slider on my character as she gains a higher load carry weight. I feel it's pretty immersive, like she's putting on extra muscle as her adventuring goes on.

@ddfde That's weird. I used a stealth archer character with bodyslide and it never messed anything up. Switching to Improved Camera has been weird though. Having my character's perspective coming from her head rather than the chest region means it's harder to see my weapons and shield, which is taking a lot of getting used to. There's a setting to change it that I need to play around with.

@Aylis Not yet. Honestly after seemingly figuring it out I was just happy to play the stupid game for a while. Now that I think about it though, spawning it from the console didn't seem to cause the crash, so testing it might require a trip up to the island and the subsequent quest.

3 hours ago, lRaven said:

After starting from the launcher, it began to run normally through MO. Did it really help? I killed half a day for this: D

Sounds like you didn't properly initialize the game before. Happened to all of us. ;)

On 10/12/2020 at 1:13 PM, lRaven said:

Hey, where better to put Amorous Adventure in loadorder? Or not worth it?

I would put it just under DD and see how it works there and adjust accordingly as you play

as far as link broken thats because yinkle deleted all files. but here you go. 

Spoiler

EDIT @Yinkle requested none of his files be re-uploaded so /shrug you're SOL

@wollboi Yeah, Improved Camera is taking a while to get used to, having to check with third person to see if I put my spells away, using audio cues to see if I'm actually double casting spells, the camera shake during slight movement, etc. I also never realized how tall my characters were, lol. I get that you can change settings for the camera with the .INI, but that's something I have no experience in and would rather not waste the time trying to do it.

As a side note, I'm pretty sure I was getting CTD through PC Head Tracking, especially when switching back and forth from 1st and 3rd person view (which I do all the time). I disabled it in MCM and I haven't had any issues since.

Well, except for a minor glitch where my character model occasionally disappears, but going through a load screen seems to fix that.

1 hour ago, ddfde said:

@wollboi Yeah, Improved Camera is taking a while to get used to, having to check with third person to see if I put my spells away, using audio cues to see if I'm actually double casting spells, the camera shake during slight movement, etc. I also never realized how tall my characters were, lol. I get that you can change settings for the camera with the .INI, but that's something I have no experience in and would rather not waste the time trying to do it.

You can go back to vanilla arms + visible body with:

; Enables third person arms when in first person

bUseThirdPersonArms=0

bUseThirdPersonArmsBow=0

bUseThirdPersonArmsBowAim=0

These lines are near the bottom of the ini.

1 hour ago, ddfde said:

Well, except for a minor glitch where my character model occasionally disappears, but going through a load screen seems to fix that.

Does this happen only when you use Improved cam? curious as I had this for a while and I'm not sure what I did to fix it (or if it's fixed at all).