Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, ralchemilla said:

Rally's All The Things is there options you should not toggle it on in the installer, i'm daunted by the variety of choices, in fear of messing up the Textures section x.x

Nope. You can use them all or skip a few. Thats up to you.

Fixed the bodyslides for 'Topless Forsworn Armor' (EVA Body). I totally screwed up with it using the wrong preset. Sorry! Uploaded fixed file.

Sorry I haven't been on here lately been making follower the last week. He looks good in LE. just a few clipping issues to take care of.  Also made him a blacksmith merchant.   So you should be able to sell stuff to him. Not currently working atm?  But I haven't forgot you guys.  On a side note anyone know how to fix the eyes bug when using high poly heads 1.4?

7 hours ago, jaeos said:

I may have grabbed the wrong bijin AIO, the one i'm using is this (for some reason the esp needs to be renamed to work) 

The big problem is that there are two different AIO and two different patches. It is too easy to mix them up.

4 hours ago, Dirknina said:

On a side note anyone know how to fix the eyes bug when using high poly heads 1.4?

I've seen something about an eye bug (not thinking about a tadpole ;)). Afaik it was the mix of meshes and textures that caused it. There should be patches around. Check the FOMOD of HPH, i think it got something in there.

2 hours ago, ralchemilla said:

is frostfall + campfire compatible with this guide modlist? or is it not really ideal due to conflicting mods, or perhaps it was tried before and the results wasn't worth it?

Can't say. I havn't tested any of them (see post #1).

I'm just going to remove the HPH mod from my follower mod  I tried everything  but still no eyes showing.  Luckily I made lots of backups this time around. got over 600 records in it so far  and that's just for the character not including voice or quests.  Once I get some stuff worked out i might need some beta testers.

@ralchemilla Frostfall and campfire SHOULD be pretty compatible with everything except devious devices (no clothing, you'll freeze... go figure..) But frostfall (if i remember correctly) has settings to change the "warmth" and "coverage" of worn items for just such occasions.

one of the race mods i use is forest nymphs by trykz. She ONLY has a carry capacity of 30 at start so toting any firewood, or tinder or even a tent is out of the question until i can craft a backpack to carry 300 units more, so i don't use it anymore.

2 hours ago, DarkDragoon197 said:

I'm just going to remove the HPH mod from my follower mod  I tried everything  but still no eyes showing.  Luckily I made lots of backups this time around. got over 600 records in it so far  and that's just for the character not including voice or quests.  Once I get some stuff worked out i might need some beta testers.

Are you using a custom head or a stock head? Thedre are a few race mods out there using modified stock heads and the eyes don't show up right (double eyelashes, or the eye is half "up" out of the socket if you change eyes from stock) Perhaps taking a look at how those were done could bring about an AH-HA moment on facial sculpting.. (that lady down in the ratway is really underpaid)

18 hours ago, Aylis said:

Nope. You can use them all or skip a few. Thats up to you.

Fixed the bodyslides for 'Topless Forsworn Armor' (EVA Body). I totally screwed up with it using the wrong preset. Sorry! Uploaded fixed file.

OR for those that want the SLootiest armor they can find they could use this and zap the top on the forsworn armor :P 

I toyed with Frostfall/Campfire with this list a long time ago. It worked fine, but the placement in the order is finicky, there are a billion patches for both of them in order to keep up with the other mods in the list, and the survival aspects got suuuuuper repetitive to me. The best thing I liked about it was the animation for warming your hands by a fire. :| If you're using a follower and Amazing Follower Tweaks, just tell your follower to set up camp and then pretend you're both really cold.

Has anybody had problems with the Wet Function Redux head textures? I started a new character and now it's not being applied, although the other textures are. Load order hasn't changed (other than I added the upcoming CBBE Muscle Solution to the list, but that shouldn't matter). Wondering if it's High Poly Head and I never noticed.

5 hours ago, jaeos said:

OR for those that want the SLootiest armor they can find they could use this and zap the top on the forsworn armor :P 

verwandlung.gif.b06f6015ca34855b10d6c8466824dbfe.gif

5 hours ago, wollboi said:

Has anybody had problems with the Wet Function Redux head textures? I started a new character and now it's not being applied, although the other textures are. Load order hasn't changed (other than I added the upcoming CBBE Muscle Solution to the list, but that shouldn't matter). Wondering if it's High Poly Head and I never noticed.

I've heard now several times that it causes problems. Atm i'm running without it and i actually don't miss the mod. It might be removed with the next update...

Hmm, would hate to do without it. I really like how it mixes with Dirt & Blood. There's a newer version than I've been using with updated textures and two different head textures, so I think I'll fool around with that.

I'm also getting CTDs about 25% of the time when a FNIS animation starts (bathing or laying down). Tried redoing my FNIS/Nemesis overwrites, but still getting it.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

I'm also getting CTDs about 25% of the time when a FNIS animation starts (bathing or laying down). Tried redoing my FNIS/Nemesis overwrites, but still getting it.

Sounds like something wrong with the LO or a new mod causing trouble.

Almost got everything. The Beta of my new skin.

Aylis Skin - CBBE V1.6B.7z

Should i tone down the freckles? I'm a bit torn about it. Sometimes it looks great and then from a different angle i think it is just a tiny bit too much...

@Aylis The really weird thing is that it's basically guaranteed to CTD, but then doing the same action again after reloading the game will work fine. But go to another bed -> save -> sleep -> CTD -> reload -> sleep -> completely fine. I've never seen a bug act like this. It happens every time.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Updated to the new one. I'm thinking I might have too many animations.

um. how many do you have? under 10k you should be fine, 12k is getting into the realm of maybe, 14 is getting into unstable even with the 20k xxxl thing fore made. But you know all this already.

2 hours ago, jaeos said:

um. how many do you have? under 10k you should be fine, 12k is getting into the realm of maybe, 14 is getting into unstable even with the 20k xxxl thing fore made. But you know all this already.

Yeah, just shy of 9k (Nemesis included). I've removed other SLAL animations I was using that weren't part of the list. Now using only what the list ... lists. Testing with a new character, and now I'm getting CTD whenever Sexlab starts to load its animations (this also happened when starting my main new playthrough, but miraculously stopped on the fourth or fifth try).

Papyrus says SL is trying to load the animations I've already removed (and then ran FNIS, Nemesis, sacrificed a goat, etc.). Really weird. Maybe re-install SL Framework?

Edit - Fixed my SL issue. Didn't realize you could re-register SLA animations without SL installed. Still having the same issue with animations causing crashes about 25% of the time.

1 - It looks like MLU is above Guard Dialogue in the mod name column (on the left). I'm guessing it's switched in your plugin load order column (on the right), and that's what SSEdit is talking about.

2 - I think anything in bold should be treated like an ESM. Wrye is right about Diverse.esp. No idea why it would think Expressive.esl is an ESM.