Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

13 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

about the Updatepath

Don't be so eager to use everything i post. That is just an info on what mods i'm working atm - that is NOT to be used immediately and can change after more tests!

I just found Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul and The Grass Must Grow. Those two mods could possibly replace several mods in the list... But i have to test them and see how they interact with the other mods in the list and the ones still in testing.

Those two didn't work out...

Added the entry 'ESM/ESP/ESL' to post #2. Hopefully this finally clears the confusion about that...

1 hour ago, narkoface said:

Sorry if this should be known, but what is your opinion on the Skyrim 2020 Parallax by Pfuscher mod? Will it be integrated? Or should we avoid it?

On 10/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, Aylis said:

Pfuscher still needs some time so i guess i'll include his pack when he starts to work on 'Skyrim 2021'.

19 hours ago, Aylis said:

Don't be so eager to use everything i post. That is just an info on what mods i'm working atm - that is NOT to be used immediately and can change after more tests!

I just found Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul and The Grass Must Grow. Those two mods could possibly replace several mods in the list... But i have to test them and see how they interact with the other mods in the list and the ones still in testing.

Those two didn't work out...

Added the entry 'ESM/ESP/ESL' to post #2. Hopefully this finally clears the confusion about that...

Bummer those mods didn't work out. Finding good, but high performing grass/landscaping has been a challenge...

As for your ESM/ESP/ESL entry, its really good to include that! Great idea! It might also be helpful for beginners (of which I admit I am just getting past myself) to add how to find the actual current number in MO2, and the highest that number can be, as displayed in MO2. My understanding is you have to hover over the little "Active" window number above the right-hand Plugin list to really see the "ESM+ESP": active column. Would the number be 255? 256? My load order is currently near the limit.

Also, is there an easy way in MO2 to display which mods are ESL and/or ESL flagged? It would be helpful when deciding which mods to eliminate for the next build (I know its bad to uninstall DURING a play-through).

And, just out of curiosity, what is the actual number for this guide, if followed exactly? How "full" is it?

Thank you for the obvious massive care and effort you have gone through with this guide!

58 minutes ago, trgdolors said:

Bummer those mods didn't work out. Finding good, but high performing grass/landscaping has been a challenge...

As for your ESM/ESP/ESL entry, its really good to include that! Great idea! It might also be helpful for beginners (of which I admit I am just getting past myself) to add how to find the actual current number in MO2, and the highest that number can be, as displayed in MO2. My understanding is you have to hover over the little "Active" window number above the right-hand Plugin list to really see the "ESM+ESP": active column. Would the number be 255? 256? My load order is currently near the limit.

Also, is there an easy way in MO2 to display which mods are ESL and/or ESL flagged? It would be helpful when deciding which mods to eliminate for the next build (I know its bad to uninstall DURING a play-through).

And, just out of curiosity, what is the actual number for this guide, if followed exactly? How "full" is it?

Thank you for the obvious massive care and effort you have gone through with this guide!

In MO2, you can see the esp/esm/esl in the right pane. The Mod Index will say FE:#### for esl flagged esp. It will also tell you when you hover over an esl flagged esp in the tooltip

29 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

In MO2, you can see the esp/esm/esl in the right pane. The Mod Index will say FE:#### for esl flagged esp. It will also tell you when you hover over an esl flagged esp in the tooltip

Oh yeah, I had deactivated the "Mod Index" column. You are correct. I had converted several mods to ESL in xEdit, partially using this info, so I should have realized...

Thanks, Alaratt! So that answers one of my questions...

@All

Atm the next update is on hold. I'm sitting here wrapped in three blankets and as close to the heating as i can get - without burning myself - and still feel ice-cold and shake like a leaf.

Hopefully i'll be able to fight that sickness off within a few days, but for now i'm almost completely out... krank2yqdk3.gif.db28336fc299e4633435fe90e8987808.gif

20 minutes ago, wickedkat said:

@Aylis  Could using CleverCharff's AIO replace all the individual ones without messing anything up? (Hyper Link to The Nexus Mod page)
im extremely new to modding Skyrim so im learning a lot in your guide and was just wondering about this to make some parts not be around 70-90 items.

if it doesnt work i probably would be too stupid to know why.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:06 PM, Aylis said:

Not to be used:

CleverCharff's AIO An AIO is always nice. But some of his creations look out of place and even with instructions to get the right textures it will be confusing. In the end it is imo easier to use the separate files and make a specific installation order to achieve the desired effect.

3 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Thanks for the quick reply. sorry i didnt see that post earilier, im still melting my mind going through with three windows open to make sure i dont muck it up.. also could i exempt some of the armor mods for more skimpier versions? or would i be better off just puting mine under the rest so it takes order priority?

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@All

Atm the next update is on hold. I'm sitting here wrapped in three blankets and as close to the heating as i can get - without burning myself - and still feel ice-cold and shake like a leaf.

Hopefully i'll be able to fight that sickness off within a few days, but for now i'm almost completely out... krank2yqdk3.gif.db28336fc299e4633435fe90e8987808.gif

So sorry to hear that! Don't take chances; get help if you need it! Good luck...

mmmh, what should i pick here? (the animation rigs options on XP32) @Aylis  i went with Physic Extensions (1- option) but better safe than sorry

also for the animations variants (pretty combat variations) i picked none since im not sure if they will conflic with something later. same for the Weapon Style Randomizer

Spoiler

image.png.d9145c540e0312a0720b7740240e966a.png

And hope you get past this sickness fast, it must suck

@wickedkat I would put them at the end of the armors section. Make sure that you're thinking about your addition the right way, though. If it's an overwrite it's going to take priority over the mods before it, but if it's a standalone then you get the best of both worlds - NordWarUA's amazing armor and whichever ones you add. If you're not sure, double click on the mod name in the left pane and see if there are any conflicts.

@Aylis Get better soon! Remember, alcohol kills germs.

56 minutes ago, wollboi said:

@wickedkat I would put them at the end of the armors section. Make sure that you're thinking about your addition the right way, though. If it's an overwrite it's going to take priority over the mods before it, but if it's a standalone then you get the best of both worlds - NordWarUA's amazing armor and whichever ones you add. If you're not sure, double click on the mod name in the left pane and see if there are any conflicts.

Good idea i was thinking if i slapped a overwrite on it the male NPC's would still have the nice armor mods. i was looking into the old reliable DBs armors for the pack i would get for 3BA unless you guys know a better one thats level listed (*my peeve is non-listed armors)

*[Not ragging on the Authors who do this. just not my kind of thing]

First of all, I would like to leave a big thank you for the guide, he has already helped me to put on a really nice Skyrim a few times, even if I only use it as a guide in many places, because my personal taste (especially with armor & Weapons) on the other hand, I want to use some mods that are not in your guide and above all my LoversLab area opposite yours explodes.

Despite your good guide, I had to struggle with the Black Face Bug again and again until I recently came across the "Face Discoloration Mod" on YouTube, it has now also solved the last problems there and since it is an SKSE plugin it still costs not even ESP resources. Maybe this mod helps one or the other Face Discoloration Fix - Nexus Mod

1 hour ago, wickedkat said:

Was looking for some help getting TK dodge to work right, i did all the steps showing in installation to the T but TK doesn't play any animations on the roll. just drains stam. should i try running the nem patch for it instead of the FNIS patch?

There are a couple ways to fix that. One is to run it in NEMISIS instead of FNIS. Another is to run it in either FNIS or NEMESIS and then reinstall TK Dodge. There is also an MCM that you can check the weight modifier, if using a cheat carry weight in some way. I had the same problem, but after reading through its nexus page, those were some of the fixes listed. Might be another fix I cannot remember too.

15 minutes ago, Greylock79 said:

First of all, I would like to leave a big thank you for the guide, he has already helped me to put on a really nice Skyrim a few times, even if I only use it as a guide in many places, because my personal taste (especially with armor & Weapons) on the other hand, I want to use some mods that are not in your guide and above all my LoversLab area opposite yours explodes.

Despite your good guide, I had to struggle with the Black Face Bug again and again until I recently came across the "Face Discoloration Mod" on YouTube, it has now also solved the last problems there and since it is an SKSE plugin it still costs not even ESP resources. Maybe this mod helps one or the other Face Discoloration Fix - Nexus Mod

That is a pretty cool mod to have when you cannot figure out an issue with facegen files, but remember the authors own warning; "this prevents the bug from showing, but isn't actually fixing the problem."

I am having an issue with Enhanced Vanilla Trees mod, specifically when I am running DynDOLOD. On my map, they show up almost like black Xs. I got rid of it once somehow, but I cannot figure out what I did and it's back again. Has anybody seen this issue before and know how to prevent it. I been looking through the pdfs for DynDOLOD, but there are sooo many pages.

14 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

i went with Physic Extensions (1- option) but better safe than sorry

also for the animations variants (pretty combat variations) i picked none since im not sure if they will conflic with something later. same for the Weapon Style Randomizer

This is the way i use it here...

11 hours ago, wollboi said:

Get better soon! Remember, alcohol kills germs.

Good instructions for other armors. ?

Sadly it's a virus. Plus i only need to look at a glass of beer to get drunk. *hic*

2 hours ago, wickedkat said:

Was looking for some help getting TK dodge to work right, i did all the steps showing in installation to the T but TK doesn't play any animations on the roll. just drains stam. should i try running the nem patch for it instead of the FNIS patch?

The one in Nemesis is afaik for the LE version.

1 hour ago, Greylock79 said:

The socalled 'Black Face Bug' is always a problem with the LO. With it the textures of the faces (incl. overlays) don't match with the underlying meshes.

The mod you mention only hides the problem but is no real solution.

51 minutes ago, Alaratt said:

I am having an issue with Enhanced Vanilla Trees mod, specifically when I am running DynDOLOD. On my map, they show up almost like black Xs. I got rid of it once somehow, but I cannot figure out what I did and it's back again. Has anybody seen this issue before and know how to prevent it. I been looking through the pdfs for DynDOLOD, but there are sooo many pages.

My guess is that you accidently used the generation of tree LOD. What you describe is exactly why i went for 3D trees which ignore Dyndolod. But, and that is something i have to check more, the new update of Dyndolod might be the problem. 

Back to my stiff grog with lemon juice and honey. *hic* Gotta get warm somehow. *hic*

7 minutes ago, Aylis said:

My guess is that you accidently used the generation of tree LOD. What you describe is exactly why i went for 3D trees which ignore Dyndolod. But, and that is something i have to check more, the new update of Dyndolod might be the problem. 

Actually I cannot do that. The option is unchecked and greyed out for me. Trying a few things from the sticky on the mod page to see if they help, just takes so long to generate LOD for all my mods, figured it couldn't hurt to ask why I'm waiting.

Hope you feel better soon!

On 2/9/2021 at 12:03 PM, Alaratt said:

Actually I cannot do that. The option is unchecked and greyed out for me. Trying a few things from the sticky on the mod page to see if they help, just takes so long to generate LOD for all my mods, figured it couldn't hurt to ask why I'm waiting.

Seems to be the new version. I'll see what i can do about it.

Finally got the LOD generation for the terrain working. Now it looks much better, but the setup to get there is tricky.

Four zones that had very noticable pop-ins of terrain textures are now much much smoother.

Updatepath:

Mods to remove:

JK's Arcadia's Cauldron - USSEP Patch                          (Now included in AIO) 

JK's The Drunken Huntsman - USSEP Patch                  (Now included in AIO)

Skyrim 3D Landscapes                                                   (A little less density does work) Bye bye beautiful. You've been with me for years...

Skyrim 3D Landscapes Billboards                                  (Not needed anymore)

Working mods:

Ash's Rest - Solstheim Dunmer Player Home                (Perfect little house) 

JK's Interiors Patch Collection                                        (Combines all patches in an automatic AIO)

Window Shadows                                                          (Subtle but very nice) And no crashes anymore.

Window Shadows Patch Hub

XLODgen                                                                        Finally got it working. 

Terrain LOD Output <- Created via XLODgen (Tip)

Velvet ReShade

Shrine to Kyne                                                               (Its always nice to have something like this tucked away)

Capital Windhelm Expansion                                        (It would be a crime not to include this)

Capital Windhelm Expansion - JK Skyrim Patch

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Dawn Patch

Capital Windhelm Expansion - RRS Children Patch

Dirt and Blood HD Retexture

Juniper by Mari

Important updates:

Dyndolod

Dyndolod Ressources

ENB

SexLab Aroused Creatures SE

Majestic Mountains-BDS-LOD Fix

(Re)Testing:

First Person Magic Animation for SSE

Dynamic Volumetric Lighting and Sun Shadows          MASSIVE script lag!

DVLaSS Skyrim Underside                                            Not needed

The Great Village of Kynesgrove                                  Requires too many patches

52 minutes ago, akadeadpool said:

@Aylis I see you trying out xLodgen. I suggest looking at STEP guide . Theses guys has experimented extensively with xLodgen setting.

Thanks, but i already got it working.

The hard part is to get which settings you actually have to change for the guide.

Added entry 'Window Shadows'

Reworked the entry 'DYNDolod' to 'DYNDolod and xLODgen'