Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

28 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

@Aylis hey, I broke my animations and everyone is T-Posing.  I did the whole FNIS OUTPUT and than NEMESIS OUTPUT process, but everyone seems to lose their animations.  

NVM, I fixed it by reverting back after I tried using Sexlab Approach Redux 1.5, Sexlab Aroused Redux v28B, and Sexlab Aroused SSE Loose Modified by Bakafactory. and it's requirements replacing some of the mods from your recommended load order.  Any ideas on how I can get it to work, if at all?

On 1/21/2021 at 3:16 AM, T-lam said:

An info for max slots

Some places mention 4096 esl, but there is a hard limit for esl on 255.

Go beyond starts overwriting esm's.

509 is max esp slots.

254 esp + 255 esl, fe

This is wrong

On 1/21/2021 at 4:09 AM, alaunus01 said:

Are you certain the overwrites happen because of this and not because of 'bad' esl flags? (i.e. plugins with more than 2048 formids)?

This is right

Overwrites happen because Skyrim doesn't validate light plugins to make sure they're light enough, not because of the number of esls.  It just assumes you aren't using more space than you're supposed to.  You can have an overwrite with just 2 esl's if some bozo with xEdit doesn't know what they're doing and puts a "light" esl out there that actually isn't.

hey, so i finally completed downloading everything and getting everything installed and all set up, took several days, looks real nice though. only problem i'm having is a strange bug started where whenever i sheath my weapons it suddenly unequips everything or at least any armor i wore. i can put it back on right after but that's obviously something i don't want to deal with every time. unsheating weapons seems to put whatever clothes came off back on if i'm still holding on to them. it's real strange. think it might have something to do with the settings changes i made in Defeat. I'll play with them again to see if I can fix it but if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. i'll report back if i can fix it on my own

edit:
quick update. i completely deactivated Defeat and the problem persisted. also not everything would unequip actually. so far it was just robes (necromancer and some appretince robes) and a helmet that were affected, but for sure what triggers it is sheathing and unsheating weapons/fists/spells/etc. with R. so far as I know no MCM mod is using R as a hotkey either... help!

edit 2: okay so it's actually looking like only stuff that goes on the head is affected. this is probably not a bug but an intended mechanic of some mod on the list that i didn't bother to check the description for. when you sheath your weapon it takes off your helmet/head gear or whatever, but taking your weapons/fists/spells out puts it back on. makes sense. until you're wearing some hooded robes. the hooded robes count as headgear also, so they get unequipped. can someone tell me what mod is doing this?

@zimw00t2

Alaunus got it right. You have to change a setting in the mod to change that behaviour.

Momentary path for the next update:

Checking out:

Jazbay Grapes

Better Dynamic Ash SE

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts

FM Labor

Working mods:

(Optional) JK's Angeline's Aromatics

(Optional) JK's Bits and Pieces

(Optional) Tirk The Riekling Special Edition 1.0.5

Assorted mesh fixes (Seems to be fine - found no issues)

SavrenX Solstheim Creatures

(Optional) Immersive Speech Dialogues

Water Loop Bug Fix

LL-Creature mods... (This should work now ~90% of the time. Some older anims might still glitch)

Tracking:

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0 (Not complete yet - maybe later)

Great... Just removing the creature mods breaks the savegame. Finding a foundation for it is so much fun... (if you find some hints of irony you can keep it ?)

On 1/23/2021 at 12:50 AM, 0x8421 said:

This is wrong

try it, just use empty esp-fe or esp.

Then repeat, this is wrong ;)

Edit

found what I did wrong.

On searching the limits I filled up all esp slots and this was my mistake.

I filled the slot FE reserved for esl with an esp.

So I got 261 esl/esp-fe at the moment, what I mentioned with the 256 was wrong, sorry.

@Aylis Looking forward to the update. 

What issue are you having with LL-Creature mods?  I had some issues on the original install but switched creature framework version which resolved most of my issues.  I am using the pre2 version, not pre2a.

Everything has been running good; the only small issue that I have is occasionally when fast traveling (or when going to a loading screen) I will get an infinite loading screen.  I am still trying to find what is causing this; not a big deal, just have to restart the game. 

2 hours ago, RedAcer said:

What issue are you having with LL-Creature mods?  I had some issues on the original install but switched creature framework version which resolved most of my issues.  I am using the pre2 version, not pre2a.

Right now it looks like the creature framework is completely broken. It simply doesn't finish its configuration and without that i can't remove it or use another version. I've been on it the whole day now and its driving me nuts...

Everything else works perfectly fine.

7 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Right now it looks like the creature framework is completely broken. It simply doesn't finish its configuration and without that i can't remove it or use another version. I've been on it the whole day now and its driving me nuts...

Everything else works perfectly fine.

I had a very similar issue when I was testing the two different versions.  I had to remove the mod (not disable), load the game, clean save, then reinstall the mod.  This worked for me, hope it helps.  On my game I had a lot of issues with pre2a version; I tested this several times and it was consistent.  I went to version pre2 and bam everything worked.

modlist.txt

I'm trying to get around the bug somehow... Still got a few tricks left. ;)

It only takes sooooo much time to rerun all the other mods that need it 'cause i changed/moved mods.

Tested four different versions of CF. Same problem with any of them...

Aroused creatures only does the behavior, NOT the switch of the meshes.

ABC should work - but with or without it - the problem stays the same.

Some OA changed the descriptions of their mods. But even following those instructions didn't help.

But i'll stop for today. Have been on it for 12 hours now...

Got the wolves and dogs working with CF 2.02 (tests for horses will be next). It very much looks like the combination of settings plus mods plus LO (i moved a few things around) that cause the issue with creatures.

Working creatures:

Dogs

Horses

Skeever

Wolves

Finally get first area without CTD, thanks for the guide.

- @wollboi You said that SL eager NPC can allow me to initiate sex freely with any npc but I can't config its MCM to do so. Can you tell me what settings I need to enable?

For now I use ABMM to test but I can't actively choose my partner.

- Sometime the animation took too long to load which results in my PC and other actors standing naked doing nothing. Any idea how to mitigate this problems?

- I read that SLAL has animation limit. I try googling but there is no concrete awnsers. I'm curious what is the limit?

I haven't touched Skyrim SE for a few years, having a nice list to at least use as a solid base is very helpful. I use Vortex (don't judge me!) and I am a bit curious about something. In the case of the two swimming animations, does MO2 use assets from both somehow? Vortex notes that using them together is redundant, so again, am just curious about it. It said this about a few other mods in the list too. Regardless, I wanted to say thank you, seems like half the battle with mods is knowing what's available and what shouldn't be used. ?

Creatures should be fixed (for the fifth time now including all updated mods) with the next update of the guide. I just have to wrap up a few more mods.

ToDo:

Entry for CF regarding the settings.

Best thing is that my char (aka savegame) survived... banana.gif.4f0d217e08f75b2c14da6cc9c9744967.gif

Not sure what happened but tk dogde mods requires running nemesis to work.

If you only install animations using fnis (w/ tk dodge) and then nemesis (no tk dodge). No dodge animation happens but your stamina is still consumed. However, when I rerun nemesis with tk dogde checked. the mod work flawlessly.

Btw, clevercharff release an AIO texture mod CleverCharff's AIO at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community . You can use this one instead of downloading multiple mod from Texture section.

@akadeadpool For SLEN, turn the difficulty level (there are two I think) down to the easiest level. Then change the setting for making dialogue options appear to arousal level 0 so they'll always appear. I'd recommend targeting the NPC with SexLab (N key by default) and manually setting the characters gender in SLEN before propositioning them. And rechecking that you're still your characters correct gender in the SLEN MCM too. It loves to reset it for some reason. And using the "Whatever you want is fine with me" dialogue choice sometimes chooses a female character to be male--PC or NPC. Choosing a specific sex act leaves a lot less to chance, and uses more variations in the animations. And as Unknown Hinson says, variety is the spice of life.

TK Dodge is very finicky. It works for me without being checked in Nemesis ... about 50% of the time. It only activates during combat, which is annoying when you want to test it out. Maybe it's easier to use with mouse/keyboard, but with a controller it's pretty clunky with the button presses and sometimes they just don't work. But I've played this stupid game enough times where I can just manually dodge if I'm not trying to level up the block skill.

Skyrim clickbait be like:

"Are you using the left stick to its full potential? You'd be surprised!"

"One simple left stick movement you NEED to use! Trolls hate it!"

"Top ten times to power attack bears. Number three will SHOCK you!"

@RedAcer

There's something wrong with your bodyslides for the armor of the sisters.

Btw. please put bigger pictures into spoilers (the eye symbol).

Spoiler

ScreenShot1171.png.6bb7abcc693672e685e149323acfa9bc.png

For those who have problems with creatures.

Update your files and move/deactivate a few mods. 'Chaurus Life', 'MNC Husky' and 'Tirk' is up to you and the LO should look similar to this:

LL-Creatures.jpg.be242df9a00649b0b3987b71ed9ca332.jpg

Now use the following steps (see pic):

'Re-register all mods' in CF

'Clear Creatures' in CF

'Clear event data' in CF

'Force arousal update' in CF

Lower the 'Arousal threshold' in CF

If you still got problems then add the lines

; Added (MNC)

bPreemptivelyUnloadCells=1 

to the skyrim.ini in MO2, it should go under the "[General]" section.

Spoiler

ScreenShot1172.jpg.e1e8ef450aeb9d6557bdb8b583c96999.jpg

Now, with the exception of some old animations, everything should work fine.

Has anybody actually used FNIS and NEMISIS together like this, but using Vortex and not MO2? Once I disable FNIS I lose the esp it created apparently, so I cannot activate NEMISIS, use it, and overwrite that esp. Especially because I don't seem to get an esp from NEMISIS with Vortex. I should have switched to MO2 when I started this guide ?

Edit: considering NEMISIS is new, I didn't really expect someone to know. I guess this is just a good reason to bite the bullet, switch to MO2, and start over.