Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

8 minutes ago, rodrigo2 said:

Probably a dumb question whose answer I missed on the first page, but I'm downloading the complete list  from 2019 under post #2.  So, how do you track changes to the original list?  Do you have to wade through the 199 pages of posts for this topic?

You don't.

Page #1 is always the newest official release.

1 hour ago, rodrigo2 said:

Cool, so if there are any changes to the list, they will appear in a post there until you get a chance to update the list?  

Yep. The posts in the thread are either:

1. What i'm working on, or

2. an update information about changes for users that already use the list.

Btw. right now i'm working on making the list more accessable (it is still supposed to be for beginners after all). And the first changes have already been applied. Check out:

Unique Armors in 'Armor'.

Unique Weapons and Unique Bows in 'Weapons'.

Subgroup: Futanari and Subgroup: Creatures in 'LoversLab'.

Some people might simply install everything and then run into issues because there are too many ESP in their LO. So when i'm finished i'll make a status update (with all the changes and added things listed separately).

Sorry but this isnt much of a "Beginners" guide. (Great mod list though)

You have a huge mod list but very little instruction on how to install the mods, run wyre bash (and when) and very vague instructions on alot of the mods.

You have the base instructions spread out into 3 parts, (refer to DynDOLOD  in the Installation, Tips, Prequisits & modlist. So you have to jump around the guide constantly.

You install some patches before you even install the mod they are patching so if you do ever want to test, it breaks because its missing the main file. (Example Reliquary of Myth - Artifact Overhaul, you say to get patches for Daedric Voices & ISC + MLU Patch however we havent installed either of them at that point, and they are unavailble to install via the installation wizard that pops up)

Now admittedly I AM A BEGINNER so likely alot of this comes as common sense to people who have experience & I just look like I'm whining (kind of am). But this is far from a beginner GUIDE.

Though it could be my fault for testing every now and then & not just installing everything first.

6 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@grimhail

You just complained about something i'm working on for some time now... The biggest problem is simply not having more than 24 hours each day.

Fair enough. I wasnt trying to diminish or insult what you have done so far. Only that from a beginners perspective it lacks some basic instruction/details. One person doing this is a huge challenge & again I do thank you for the mod list, from what I was able to run it looked & worked amazingly.

I look forward to the guide being complete.

5 hours ago, grimhail said:

I look forward to the guide being complete.

That is sadly impossible. There's always a new mod or something better around the corner. ;)

Regarding the patches i got an idea. But that requires an awful amount of (re)tests (and i guess the result will not reflect the work i have to put into it).

19 hours ago, Ahtala said:

[...]

I dont know what the cause could be since there are so many mods, but my guess would be that some setting(I have set mine to ultra in launcher before doing the guide) handles perhaps shadows or transparency very poorly with the new mods active. Will do some more tests. Thanks for reply.

Try setting MemoryManager = true in SKSE\Plugins\EngineFixes.toml

If that doesn't help with your FPS make sure skyrim settings does not overwrite anything the ENB should handle

And last but not least check that the ini files you are editing are actually the files the game uses.

Maybe it would be worth it to move YOT, ROM, and NW VAR to the Final section. Then they would register all the other mods that have been previously installed. I personally like how it's listed now, but yeah it can be confusing for some of the mods that haven't been installed yet.

Either that or flag YOT, ROM, etc. with a note saying it needs to be installed before the Final section. That's not a good option either because then you'd have to move a lot of plugins up.

Personally, I re-run YOT, ROM, NW VAR, JK's Interior Patches, QUASIPC, and lilebony's patches after every update to see if there's something new. But that doesn't apply to people going through the list for the first time.

OR maybe just have a note saying "Now re-install YOT here to add the following patch: "YOT - Immersive Sounds.esp" . Then the user wouldn't even have to move the plugin, as it would already be at the bottom.

I've thought for months about doing a step-by-step document, but there's no way I'd have enough time.

On 2/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

1- So, should i wait until you manage to fix it?
2-3: Got it, will look into it, but any idea of what may be? Out of curiosity.

it's sunsprite. your chosen enb preset was not installed correctly. you only have the base enb and not the rest thats from nexus

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

Maybe it would be worth it to move YOT, ROM, and NW VAR to the Final section. Then they would register all the other mods that have been previously installed. I personally like how it's listed now, but yeah it can be confusing for some of the mods that haven't been installed yet.

Either that or flag YOT, ROM, etc. with a note saying it needs to be installed before the Final section. That's not a good option either because then you'd have to move a lot of plugins up.

My idea goes into the same direction. But without having to move many of the patches up. As long as they are below what they are supposed to patch it should work (similar to how QUASIPC works).

I just have to  see if there are exceptions or something else requiring a patch in a certain spot.

Adding the group 'Patches'. Not much in there now but this will change... and hopefully make everything easier.

It might just be me but it seems like the high poly npc 2.0 mod has a lot of problems for now, some people on nexus seem to have these problems as well. Most npcs look the same, same face, same hair, mostly the males and since the hair isn't tied to facegen anymore there are a lot of hair and beard color mismatches.

1 hour ago, Sinastra said:

It might just be me but it seems like the high poly npc 2.0 mod has a lot of problems for now, some people on nexus seem to have these problems as well. Most npcs look the same, same face, same hair, mostly the males and since the hair isn't tied to facegen anymore there are a lot of hair and beard color mismatches.

Seems fine so far. I've been through Whiterun, Riverwood, Falkreath, Solitude and the college. But the OA also said:

The quality varies a lot. I am still working on improving things.

44 minutes ago, zattoru said:

it seems that "Window Shadows Patch Hub" was removed, because it was integrated with "Window Shadows"

Already fixed (see last update). ;)

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

My idea goes into the same direction. But without having to move many of the patches up. As long as they are below what they are supposed to patch it should work (similar to how QUASIPC works).

I just have to  see if there are exceptions or something else requiring a patch in a certain spot.

Adding the group 'Patches'. Not much in there now but this will change... and hopefully make everything easier.

One way is to leave a note besides the mods telling people not to install the mod yet and at certain point later you can add line like "Now you can install the X mod" just like how you note moving patch to certain location.

2 minutes ago, akadeadpool said:

One way is to leave a note besides the mods telling people not to install the mod yet and at certain point later you can add line like "Now you can install the X mod" just like how you note moving patch to certain location.

That won't work as then you'd have to move the 'normal' ESP up (which is more prone to cause problems). So far all the integrated patches have been more a curse than being helpful. Seperate Patches can be placed wherever you like, integrated ones... Well, i'm not so much a fan of them.

The best course seems to be to ignore the patches first and reinstall the mod later (this time with patches). This way the main ESP will be in the right spot and the patches below everything else.

Plans for the next update.

REMOVAL

ADDING/MOVING

Spoiler

Unique Armors

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3)

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3) SE UNP-CBBE

Gigaduex's Armor Set CBBE

Gigaduex BodySlide - CBBE  

Gigaduex's Armor Sets SE Physics Addon - CBBE CBP

Unofficial Unimmersive Gigaduex's Armor Changes

Gigaduex's Armor Set - Hair

Gigaduex Amulet Display Version

Triss Armor Retextured SE - CBBE 3BBB Bodyslide

Unique Weapons

CL's Rapier

Hadhafang

Ritevice

Unique Bows

Mirkwood Bow

Rivendell Bow

Subgroup: Futanari

Inserted all mods regarding 'Futanari' in the group 'LoversLab'.

Subgroup: Creatures

Inserted all mods regarding 'Creatures' in the group 'LoversLab'.

Patches

Spoiler

JK's Interiors Patch Collection

JK's The Winking Skeever - Alterate Start Patch

? Reinstall: Reliquary of Myth - Artifact Overhaul

MLU ESL - JKs The Drunken Hunstman

QUASIPC

lilebonymace's patches

Updated

CHECKING

Maidens of Skyrim - Serana 

Serana Dialogue Add-On

Serana Dialogue Add-On - RDO Patch

Serana Dialogue Add-On - SL Patch

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

DAR - Feral - Go for the Throat 

Sleep Tight no boots

Somebody Else's Problem

Hermaeus Mora - Water and tentacles

I thought the same thing about NPC Overhaul. I dunno, they look very samey. More so than the regular game. Facial animations are leaps and bounds above though. When you run into someone that's had a lot work done to their face (Nazeem, god damn man, dude making me want to roll a gay character) it really contrasts with those that are more vanilla. Something about the eyes seems off too. But I still think it's the best out there right now.

Previous update 

Updating status to '3.1.2'.

Yes, the modlist on page #1 has also been updated.

This should fix the problems with the patches. Sadly it does require some movement of mods.

REMOVED mods:

Override:

Sleep Tight SE Fixes                                                                                    Redundant

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Armor:

Unique Armors

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3)                                                                  Moved within the group

Ciri's Outfit (The Witcher 3) SE UNP-CBBE                                                            ''

Gigaduex's Armor Set CBBE                                                                                  ''

Gigaduex BodySlide - CBBE                                                                                  '' 

Gigaduex's Armor Sets SE Physics Addon - CBBE CBP                                         ''

Unofficial Unimmersive Gigaduex's Armor Changes                                            ''

Gigaduex's Armor Set - Hair                                                                                 ''

Gigaduex Amulet Display Version                                                                         ''

Triss Armor Retextured SE - CBBE 3BBB Bodyslide                                               ''

Weapons:

Unique Weapons

CL's Rapier                                                                                              Moved within the group

Hadhafang

Ritevice

Unique Bows

Mirkwood Bow

Rivendell Bow

Override:

Sleep Tight no boots

Lovers Lab:

Subgroup: Futanari

Inserted all mods regarding 'Futanari' from the group 'Lovers Lab'.

Subgroup: Creatures

Inserted all mods regarding 'Creatures' from the group 'Lovers Lab'.

Subgroup: Additional Animations

Inserted the optional animations from the group 'Lovers Lab'.

Patches:

JK's Interiors Patch Collection                                                                      Moved from 'Area'

JK's The Winking Skeever - AS Patch                                                           Moved from 'Override'

MLU - JKs The Drunken Huntsman-ESL                                                                       ''

MorrowLoot Ultimate - Guards Armor Replacer Patch                                                ''

Vanilla Armor Replacers Patches                                                                                  ''

? Reinstall: Reliquary of Myth - Artifact Overhaul                                     We want to add its patches here while the mods ESP stays where it was.

Capital Windhelm Expansion - JK Skyrim Patch                                            Moved from 'Weather and Lighting'

Capital Windhelm Expansion - Dawn Patch                                                                 ''

Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS XD Patch                                                       ''

QUASIPC                                                                                                       Moved from 'Final'

lilebonymace's patches                                                                                                ''

Important updates:

None atm.

UPLOAD:

None atm.

Added/Updated entries:

Added the group 'Patches' to the modlist.

Added 'Unique ...' and 'Subgroup: ...' to improve the acessability of the list.

Checking out:

Spoiler

Maidens of Skyrim - Serana 

Serana Dialogue Add-On

Serana Dialogue Add-On - RDO Patch

Serana Dialogue Add-On - SL Patch

Steepfall Burrow - Revisited

Ustengrav - Revisited

Somebody Else's Problem

Hermaeus Mora - Water and tentacles

DX Dark Knight Armor                                                  Finally a DX armor without high heels!

DX Dark Knight Armor - Update

DX Dark Knight Armor - Ebony Color

DX Dark Knight Armor - CBBE

DX Dark Knight Armor - Smaller Shield