Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

1 hour ago, ddfde said:

Really? Sewers doesn't add its own patch. I only mentioned it because Interiors came before Sewers on the list in page 1.

O.o

You've found a blunder. 'Sewers' belongs into 'Foundation' (like in the update news) not where it is in the list right now. Fixed

I swear, reworking post #2 gets harder and harder (especially when the site crashes when you want to save).

@Jessica_Degurechaff

1.      Thats why i'm working on DynDOLOD.

2+3. The ENB isn't set up correctly (thats what the bunny is for). Be it required updates or mismatching versions, you have to recheck that part of the installation.

32 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

2+3. The ENB isn't set up correctly (thats what the bunny is for). Be it required updates or mismatching versions, you have to recheck that part of the installation.

1- So, should i wait until you manage to fix it?
2-3: Got it, will look into it, but any idea of what may be? Out of curiosity.

3 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

1- So, should i wait until you manage to fix it?
2-3: Got it, will look into it, but any ide of what may be? Out of curiosity.

1. This will take time as i have to rerun EVT and DynDOLOD for every even minor change. Try disabling the branch textures for now. 

2. Not really as it could be anything regarding ENB.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

@Aylis Wait im a bit confused, the 1# answer was for the CTD regarding Highpolyhead? or the flat trees and weird flora lighting? 

1 hour ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Wait im a bit confused, the 1# answer was for the CTD regarding Highpolyhead? or the flat trees and weird flora lighting? 

The later. 

The vampire part always caused some problems (the OA mentioned that somewhere in his thread of HPH). Might be as you arn't a vampire during the character creation.

The bodyslides look good so far and not overdone like some other presets. The 'Revisited' shape up to be extremely good. What JK is for cities and houses that OA seems to be for caves/dungeons. I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually get lost in one of his bigger creations.

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

The later. 

The vampire part always caused some problems (the OA mentioned that somewhere in his thread of HPH). Might be as you arn't a vampire during the character creation.

The bodyslides look good so far and not overdone like some other presets. The 'Revisited' shape up to be extremely good. What JK is for cities and houses that OA seems to be for caves/dungeons. I wouldn't be surprised if you could actually get lost in one of his bigger creations.

I just started a new game today, so I threw in Bleak Falls Barrow Revisited. It was huge. I wouldn't say I was fully lost, but it was pretty easy to turn a corner and be like "Where the fuck am I?" Took me a full hour to wander through it and clear it. I didn't notice any bugs or have any issues with the quest while I was there.

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Definitely get rid of Premium Pine Upgrades. That one doesn't play nice with the setup we got here and does way more than just upgrading the textures.

@Alaratt

Good to hear. :)

Small tip: add RAB Skill experience from reading books below 'Reading Is Good' (~#500).

Added the entry Mari's Flora to post #3.

Really excited to play around with Revisited.

@Alaratt You were right. Good to know. It's a little confusing, and since the author updated the patch again today it looks like something we might need to keep an eye on.

@Aylis Window Shadows updated today and now includes all of the patches as part of the same mod. Can get rid of Windows Shadows Patch Hub (it's been removed from Nexus too).

2 hours ago, Aylis said:

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Definitely get rid of Premium Pine Upgrades. That one doesn't play nice with the setup we got here and does way more than just upgrading the textures.

Got it, just did.  Also i cant find Mari's flora  on the list, only the installation tips. I guess you havent releazed the next update, so that. 

Also just to know, if i want to get rid of the vanilla armors added by this mod (But not the textures) what i need to deactive or remove? i have my own replacer but it can use any texture that theres in the game.   Just if you know.

2 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

if i want to get rid of the vanilla armors added by this mod (But not the textures) what i need to deactive or remove? i have my own replacer but it can use any texture that theres in the game.   Just if you know.

Those usually belong together. Only partially removing them could have interesting side effects.

Updated SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' with the previously missing bodyslides.

Faction Armor                     Optional bodyslides for Unplayable Faction Armors SSE

Guards Armor                     Optional bodyslides for 'Guards Armor Replacer'. (Got an update) 

Modified Vanilla Armor       Optional bodyslides for NordWarUA's Vanilla Armor Replacers SSE

Race Armor                         Optional bodyslides for NordWarUA's Race Armor Expansion

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Updated SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' with the previously missing bodyslides.

Faction Armor                     Optional bodyslides for Unplayable Faction Armors SSE

Guards Armor                     Optional bodyslides for 'Guards Armor Replacer'. (Got an update) 

Modified Vanilla Armor       Optional bodyslides for NordWarUA's Vanilla Armor Replacers SSE

Race Armor                         Optional bodyslides for NordWarUA's Race Armor Expansion

I actually meant the ones added by those mods that you just mentioned not whatever i wrote at the other comment....but  I managed to do it and i have not found any side effect, but what do you mean by those? Break animations? CDT or something?

1 hour ago, MissEto said:

I don't even understand the point of most of the Mods you have in foundation and in Pre-install, like DYNLOD. It seems designed to tank FPS. I would hope a "List for beginners" would literally just include how to install loverslab stuff and get it to work without dicks clipping through bodies such as they did with my current modlist, before I deleted them.

Then it seems you didn't read the first post. Who this guide is aimed for and why it exists is posted there. So complaining that it isn't catering to your expectations is quite insulting after all the time and effort i spent trying to help others. Make a guess who got a game which is running well and doesn't has to write any guide at all!

Besides it is called 'Skyrim SE for Beginners' not 'Loverslab for Beginners' and DynDOLOD actually improves (!) the FPS.

11 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Then it seems you didn't read the first post. Who this guide is aimed for and why it exists is posted there. So complaining that it isn't catering to your expectations is quite insulting after all the time and effort i spent trying to help others. Make a guess who got a game which is running well and doesn't has to write any guide at all!

Besides it is called 'Skyrim SE for Beginners' not 'Loverslab for Beginners' and DynDOLOD actually improves (!) the FPS.

Sorry, I'm kind of dumb. I don't see how DYNDOLOD increases FPS as from reading its page it seemed like it loaded land from farther away

Hey there

I hope this finds you all good and well!

I just wanted to give a huge thanks for the effort put into this mod collection and installation guide as its helped me really understand things better and understand why things are done the way they are and also just a grand collection of really nice mods together :)

I have follow the installation and mods and so forth a few times as I have a problem that I really do not know how to troubleshoot or find the cause of. 

The only thing I do not have installed is the ENB and ENB associated mods but other wise as of the time of this post I have followed everything to the letter on the first page on mods, installation order and process. 

Everything runs perfect except for when it comes to me trying to enter the Trader house in riverwood. I end up in a loading cycle that takes about 3 mins and then I get a CTD. 

From my testing this only occurs when I try to enter that house. Every else that I have tried various places in whiterun (no issues at all just maybe a longer than normal loading time but no CTD) and other buildings and houses in Riverwood. It is only the trader that results in a CTD. 

Could anyone else me with this issue? Advice on how I can find what the issue is that's causing this? I have read about using logging with SKSE to find the issue but I can make no sense of the logs to be quite frank. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as is that time and effort sacrificed towards this matter. (Maybe im just dumb and I am missing something I have no idea)

@dezireal

General tips regarding bugs:  

On 1/29/2021 at 10:36 AM, Aylis said:

Blue/purple look        - Missing textures

Invisible objects         - Usually missing meshes

CTD at a certain spot - Usually a problem with meshes - sometimes a texture

Random CTD             - Could be Skyrim being Skyrim... Or anything else. Those are hard to fix.

Lagging execution     - Too many scripts for the used system.

Overlapping objects  - Two mods modifying the same spot.

Infinite load               - Usually either a missing master or the wrong mod for LE in the LO.

Got to add that to the 'Bugs Section'... Done

And welcome to the site (and this thread). :)

More screenies:

Spoiler

ScreenShot1216.jpg.4f4ce0f0ea8ede524e84eb3d9a26973f.jpg

ScreenShot1217.jpg.a2e021ec1d9d4aedd6fd94d2df543b65.jpg

ScreenShot1215.jpg.1c5505d1c278bd0ecc8a6b91100f75e3.jpg

@dezireal I wouldn't skip the ENB at all. So many things in the list depend on it that it's going to be easy to think you don't need something that you really do. ENBs are ridiculously easy to install anyway. Just copy the files to your Skyrim folder and you're done. Did you not install it because of machine performance issues?

To find out which mod is causing the issue, start a new game and only enable one section of the list at a time. Run/fast travel (you can open the console and type "showallmapmarkers" to quickly fast travel there). Leave Live Another Life enabled to bypass the intro. If you're able to enter the store, then you know the fault isn't in that section of mods and you can go on to the next section (Foundation, SKSE Extensions, UI, etc.). Eventually you'll find the section that has the mod that's causing the issue. Then you'll just have to disable/enable mods until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@dezireal I wouldn't skip the ENB at all. So many things in the list depend on it that it's going to be easy to think you don't need something that you really do. ENBs are ridiculously easy to install anyway. Just copy the files to your Skyrim folder and you're done. Did you not install it because of machine performance issues?

I've never used ENBs partially because of concern about doing it right, but mostly because of concern about performance, playing on a laptop, which does have a discrete graphics chip but its only a 960M with 4GB.

The next update will be bigger than i expected. I'll also be cleaning the list with an iron broom (in case that doesn't make any sense in english think of it as 'going through the list with a hatchet'). For example Bijin will be almost completely gone as its replacement looks much better and doesn't confuse with two different AIO. Same for some of the optional mods.

Also Bethesda's CC got 'Nordic Jewellery' for free atm. Not an outstanding mod, but for free it is OK.

So I noticed your section for getting a good bow at the start. I thought I'd share one of the guaranteed hidden MLU spawns I found.

Be warned though, it basically trivializes the game, as I'm not sure you can even find a stronger, non-unique bow.

Spoiler

1. Go straight to Angi's Camp in the mountains south of Falkreath. The "camping in the woods" alt start gets you the closest, I believe.

2. Under/on/next to the bed will be a bow. If it's not there, it fell through the cabin floor. Use free cam and the console commands "GetPos Z" and "SetPos Z" to raise it back above ground.

3. Congrats! You now have a Ebony Bow of Immobilizing. Taking it does not count as stealing.

4. Do Angi's quest/befriend her to be able to take her amulet that gives +15% bow damage. Or steal it.

Now you can fight lv 15-20 enemies at lv 1.

I don't recommend doing it though. Not real fun.

@Aylis My man , sorry for bothering you once more:

But i really do not like these armors, yet i cant spot from what mod they are, maybe you or someone else can tell me from what mod they are? i dont seem them much but it still bothers me.  Im pretty sure at least one of them are from vanilla game and i have no idea why they are in my game since i have a replacer for clothes and other for armors,

(im using BD + TAWOBA replacers btw, so it stands out whenever i see those vanilla looking armors)  Also some ice spikes are way too shiny, i have only see them in that same street where this 2 pics where taken, not important.

I also saw that the next update is almost ready, would you recomend swapping to that once it comes out? i hace the current one you have right now on the guide, and so far everything is 10/10. So i have no idea if its worth doing the swap.                       
Thanks for the help once more

Spoiler

90588221_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.25-03_24_45_68.png.11d8e352bb44df9714c2ba545bfa2286.png

Spoiler

1148093836_TheElderScrollsVSkyrimSpecialEditionScreenshot2021_02.25-03_26_58_55.png.fe8e44535adaa9d103df9e060d8d0e1d.png

Previous update

Updating status to '3.1.1'.

Cleaning the list and updating mods to newer versions.

REMOVED mods:

Foundation:

Premium Pine Upgrades                                                       Doesn't work as i thought it would.

Textures:

Deathbell by Mari                                                                 Got replaced by the AIO

Dragons tongue by Mari                                                                      ''

Hanging moss by Mari                                                                         '' 

Ivy by Mari                                                                                            ''

Juniper by Mari                                                                                     ''

Lavender by Mari                                                                                  ''

Mountain flower by Mari                                                                      ''

Nightshade by Mari                                                                              ''

Nirnroot by Mari                                                                                   ''

Spiky grass by Mari                                                                               ''

Tundra cotton by Mari                                                                          ''

Thistle by Mari SE                                                                                  ''

PC:

CBBE Muscle Solution                                                           Even toned down are some of the results just scary!

CBBE Muscle Solution Patch                                                 Redundant

Armor:

Guards Armor - Bodyslide Files

NPC:

Elegant Queen - Elisif Replacer for SSE                                 V2.0 of the NPC Overhaul makes this redundant

High Poly NPC Overhaul - SSE Loose                                    V2.0 of the NPC Overhaul makes this redundant

Bijin NPCs SE

Bijin Warmaidens SE

Bijin Wives SE

Bijin AIO for USSEP 

Bijin - Your Bodyslide Mesh and Texture

Beautiful Lydia Replacer

Beautiful Jordis Replacer

DJQ Zafira - Rayya Replacer

Weather and Lighting:

Interior Floating Fog Remover                                               Conflicts with the fog.

Windows Shadows Patch Hub                                               Got integrated into the main mod.

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE - Alternative Branches                 For those who want darker branches.

Area:

JK's Blue Palace                                                                     Not sure if i should be happy or not. Whenever i look away JK uploads another mod...

Bleak falls barrow - Revisited

Embershard Mine - Revisited

Halted Stream Camp - Revisited

White River Watch - Revisited

Textures:

Mari's flora 

Armor:

NordwarUAs Guards Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Vanilla Armor Replacer - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Race Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs Faction Armor Replacers - Bodyslide

NordwarUAs New Legion Armor Replacers - Bodyslide        Renamed 

Override:

RAB Skill experience from reading books                             This one got a bug which i think is actually an advantage. See comments on Nexus

NPC:

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Resources - KS Hairdos HDT SMP

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Skyrim Special Edition 2.0

High Poly NPC Overhaul - HighRes FaceTint 2.04

High Poly NPC Overhaul - Dawn of Skyrim

High Poly NPC Overhaul - MLU Patch

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined SE

Shield Sisters Re-Imagined - Hotfix

Weather and Lighting:

Capital Windhelm Expansion - EMBERS XD Patch

Morning Fogs SSE - Thin Fog                                               Now works as it should and no blocky fog anymore.

Important updates:

Window Shadows

SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess

UPLOAD:

Updated SSEB - Predone bodyslides for 'Greek Goddess' with the previously missing bodyslides.

Spoiler

Guards Armor                     Optional bodyslides for 'Guards Armor Replacer'. (Got an update) 

Legion Armor                      Optional bodyslides for New Legion

Added/Updated entries:

Mari's Flora to post #3

Checking out:

13 hours ago, wollboi said:

To find out which mod is causing the issue, start a new game and only enable one section of the list at a time. Run/fast travel (you can open the console and type "showallmapmarkers" to quickly fast travel there). Leave Live Another Life enabled to bypass the intro. If you're able to enter the store, then you know the fault isn't in that section of mods and you can go on to the next section (Foundation, SKSE Extensions, UI, etc.). Eventually you'll find the section that has the mod that's causing the issue. Then you'll just have to disable/enable mods until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

Ah I dont know why I didn't think of going that route. An excellent Idea that Im gonna go through and do now. Just going to go through the Updated changed and then will go through each section and will narrow it down and will report back with what i found as the problem and see what i did wrong. 

Yeah I know that the mod collection is based off the ENB I guess I'm not that familiar with the ENB because I know it hits performance big time. Like at the moment without the ENB im sitting around 50-60 fps when in outside in the world. With the ENB it hits me down to 30-40 fps. I have a GTX 1060 6gb and 24gigs RAM with an i7 7700k so i dont know if its me or im not setting it up correctly. 

10 hours ago, axz2 said:

I've never used ENBs partially because of concern about doing it right, but mostly because of concern about performance, playing on a laptop, which does have a discrete graphics chip but its only a 960M with 4GB.

Yep pretty much the short story of why I have avoided the ENB as well as described above. 

@Jessica_Degurechaff

The new bodyslides are for the armors you want to check.

If it is worth it for you is something only you can decide. For me it was. There are very few things left i want to improve on (like the waterfalls and other small things).

@dezireal

The thing is you're missing a lot not using an ENB. Views like this (or the screenshot section) wouldn't be possible without it:

Spoiler

Plains.jpg.1b719a4f46d8b0814d103cd44862f0d3.jpg

ScreenShot1177.jpg.314c358328d24bea4d60c4727aedaaba.jpg

ScreenShot1215.jpg.c1720249e6931c56c74f990f0e540273.jpg

ScreenShot1184.jpg.99abbf70a3d508e19a5a446c51f0a028.jpg

ScreenShot1218.jpg.67c14c30ffb2b17420ee098eec2d4f76.jpg

ScreenShot1195.jpg.38b36220c9182f965f765b93fe5f315a.jpg

ScreenShot1210.jpg.4705544e4935d42673e69d3d995c1c69.jpg

ScreenShot1217.jpg.af1779fafe970b5e4d24ac23eeda4f72.jpg

I've only got an old Radeon 570 (i'd need a year to have enough money to get a new one at the current prices). But the game gives me acceptable FPS despite using Rudy's ENB. At least check out the two Reshades i recommended. They arn't so powerhungry and will improve the visuals.

Also use my ini files for Skyrim to compare them with your own (link at the bottom of post #2). You can gain so much by tweaking the settings there.

In the next few days i'll rework the bodyslides for 'Wrong Body'. A few things in there are propably not needed anymore and i have to reorganize them to follow the same structure as the ones for 'Greek Goddess'.