Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

OKAY SO. Back to troubleshooting my FPS drops. Finally hit a good breakthrough. I'm on 4K setting an FPS limit of 60. I'm getting between 10-25 ... when I look straight forward. Look up at the sky? Boom, 55 FPS. My immediate thought is to disable Depth of Field, but that does nothing. Anyone have any ideas here? Is the ****ing moon mocking me? Also tried disabling DynDOLOD, but no change.

11 hours ago, Varithina said:

If you have or intend to have a load of armor/weapons mods that only add one or two armor sets each, they yes I would say merge all the armors into one and all the weapons into one, simply for convenience if nothing else, that way you only have one esp for weapons one esp for armor rather than the potential of dozens of each, even it they are esl flagged.

I would not merge unless I absolutely have to. There is nothing convenient in having to deal with your own personal merged plugin. Stuff ain't balanced? Too bad the balancing pass somebody else already did doesn't recognize your plugin. Some late game item you forgot to test properly crashes your game because it was coded sloppy? Good luck removing it out of your merged plugin without messing up all the other formids.

4 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

I would not merge unless I absolutely have to. There is nothing convenient in having to deal with your own personal merged plugin. Stuff ain't balanced? Too bad the balancing pass somebody else already did doesn't recognize your plugin. Some late game item you forgot to test properly crashes your game because it was coded sloppy? Good luck removing it out of your merged plugin without messing up all the other formids.

Thanks for the warning.

21 hours ago, wollboi said:

@akadeadpool Ahh, gotcha. Flower Girls with Amorous Adventures does this. Most of the quests become sexual in nature from a male perspective. Note that it doesn't (or didn't the last time I looked at it) use Sexlab Aroused so it can cause some confusion (or did for me) when you're first starting to learn how Sexlab works. And the voice acting is kinda weird. The author takes lines from all over the base game and pieces them together to make the dialogue work. Note this isn't part of the list so troubleshooting it should probably take place on the mod's post page.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5941

Thanks for your recommendation, it's a shame there's no loverslab mod made for male PC. Maybe I have to dig deeper.

On 3/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, Aylis said:

Last Update: 01 Jan 2021

Updateinfo: in this post

Logo.jpg.12cf3adc7deed308453b299ae1d241b9.jpg

Threadmap

1. Overview

2. Modlist

3. Installation - Recommended Settings

4. Screenshots

5. Troubleshooting 

6. Tips and Tricks - Start up

7. Downloads 

Who this guide is for.

I've watched quite a few videos on Youtube and some of them look fantastic. But most of the time you simply don't get a complete list of what they actually use or have to watch a dozen or so (*cough* 275 *cough* MxR *cough*) to get a hint of what they might use and then they might switch mods at any time.

So this here is my complete list and i've added a few screenshots (i recommend to take a look there first) so you'll know what to expect if you follow this guide.

My goal is to get a beautiful game which is fun and, although it is a FRPG, as realistic as possible without punishing you for playing it. So you'll find no skimpy outfits (aka Bikinis in a snowstorm), overly gothified fantasy weapons and armor which are totally useless in reality (i replaced those as much as possible), and none of the punishing survival mods.

What i did crank up is the difficulty via MorrowLoot. Higher tier weapons and armor are much harder to get and the enemies are no walk in the park anymore. Assas- sinating the leader of the Silverhand is no easy feat (i did it at lvl. 15 while he was lvl 28, but it took me some sweet time and he got me at least a dozen times). 

But the beauty of it is that you can still adapt the list to what you like. I'm just trying to give you a solid base where you can add the things you like (or remove the ones you don't). See 'Nothing is carved in stone' in post #6.

A big 'Thank you' to all the modders out there! The game wouldn't be as good as it is now without you guys and gals!

Don't forget to either endorse the mods you use or give the authors a 'thumbs up' here at LL.

Happy to disappoint in this regard:

Reveal hidden contents

Congratulations! You just found a Daedric armor!

Daedric.jpg.1c3bc4726b83e5f0d76df4e7b0421548.jpg

Pic made by Taurelin

Can be ignored...

Reveal hidden contents

...i just don't want to rewrite this again and again…

The list is atm NOT compatible with the newest Bethesda update! I'll remove this note when every mod is working with it again.

All mods can be checked here: SSE Conversion Tracking. Also don' forget to give @tasairis a 'thumbs up' for all his awesome work (i'd go nuts with all the required updates).

Instructions how to roll back to the older version of Skyrim can be found >>here<<.

I am trying follow your guide but I have one big question.  When you say "always install the mods in the same order they are listed", are speaking of the order in the mods list you provided?  I assume so but before I was a lot of time I wanted to be sure.

16 minutes ago, großjager said:

I am trying follow your guide but I have one big question.  When you say "always install the mods in the same order they are listed", are speaking of the order in the mods list you provided?  I assume so but before I was a lot of time I wanted to be sure.

Yes, if you follow @Aylis extremely well-written guide you will be able to have a wonderful experience after following his list. Good luck!

4 hours ago, akadeadpool said:

Thanks for the warning.

Thanks for your recommendation, it's a shame there's no loverslab mod made for male PC. Maybe I have to dig deeper.

There should be an Amourus Adventures version for SexLab available too. If you stay away from the extended version and stick with the original it is well written.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:44 AM, großjager said:

Yes. in that specific order. Are those exact mods required.. no. However if you replace mod S with mod G, make sure it's in the same spot. If you don't want to use a mod, skip it. If you go back later and add that mod, make sure to put it where it is in the load order.

@zep

Thats a bug that appears, is gone, appears again... I've been trying for years to fix it. No luck (yet).

@Jessica_Degurechaff

Yes.

@wollboi

I've seen it but i don't like it. Same as the one in Whiterun.

@alaunus01

Those worked fine here when i tested them. They actually worked so good that i removed mods that could trigger them. Having to hop for 30 minutes to get to someone who could remove the restraints was no fun...

@RedAcer

You're welcome. :)

RL sucks. With the lock-down here my travel time to work almost doubled... Not much time left for myself - except on weekends

A whisky shortens your life by 5 minutes.

A cigarette shortens your life by 20 minutes.

A workday shortens my life by 11 hours (and payment isn't that great)

Halfway through I already see some mods made redundant by mods succeeding it:

- Hanging moss by Mari SE is completely overriden by Rally's All The Things depeding on how you install the later

- ElSopa HD - Remade Better Dust Piles SE  is completely overriden by CleverCharff's Photorealistic Ash Pile 

- Fair Skin Complexion is completely overriden by Expressive Facegen Morphs SE (it already has nif file for the mouth thingy) and Bijin Skin SE or one of the suggested skin mods.

Another thing is Better Dynamic Ash SE has recently been updated and breaks some mods so need some note about downloading old version.

My question was probably asked a thousand times already, but I haven't seen one yet, so...

What mods are incompatible with the latest version, exactly? I looked through the list provided, compared it with yours and I found none that are problematic, did I search badly?
The only reason for me asking this is because the tutorial linked does not work, it gives me a "Manifest not available" error, the only fix for which seems to be a program to which you have to give your steam username, password and 2FA code. I'm sure you understand why I decided not to use the program unless I'm 100% sure that it will be necessary.

9 hours ago, AceMuffins said:

My question was probably asked a thousand times already, but I haven't seen one yet, so...

What mods are incompatible with the latest version, exactly? I looked through the list provided, compared it with yours and I found none that are problematic, did I search badly?
The only reason for me asking this is because the tutorial linked does not work, it gives me a "Manifest not available" error, the only fix for which seems to be a program to which you have to give your steam username, password and 2FA code. I'm sure you understand why I decided not to use the program unless I'm 100% sure that it will be necessary.

further down on page 1 there are a few that are absolute no-no's. and i'll check on the tutorial thing, it should have been a video if i'm not mistaken. But i'll check it.

are you talking about the tutorial video here?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5f8fe2c9e6b0eb07db56f887154466be.png

i clicked the link and it is still a youtube video in installing MO2. "print screen" on your keyboard takes screenshots (only take one at at time) and CTRL+V will paste that screenshot (also use a spoiler tag so screenshots don't become a wall of photos please)

8 minutes ago, jaeos said:

further down on page 1 there are a few that are absolute no-no's. and i'll check on the tutorial thing, it should have been a video if i'm not mistaken. But i'll check it.

Can't seem to find it anywhere, only found a list of mods that are not compatible with the pack, nothing about the mods that break if you use the latest Skyrim version

57 minutes ago, AceMuffins said:

Can't seem to find it anywhere, only found a list of mods that are not compatible with the pack, nothing about the mods that break if you use the latest Skyrim version

oh. It's at the bottom of the 1st post. ATM everything in the mod list is compatible with the current skyrim build as bethesda has stopped updating for quite awhile, however if bethesda does update then everything in the SKSE section breaks along with any mods stating they will break if the version is updated. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f489e2bf04fa3b1289d9e65edb0231b3.png

Since the lead in says CAN BE IGNORED. There are no issues with the current build and all listed mods are compatible with the current build.  

4 minutes ago, jaeos said:

oh. It's at the bottom of the 1st post. ATM everything in the mod list is compatible with the current skyrim build as bethesda has stopped updating for quite awhile, however if bethesda does update then everything in the SKSE section breaks along with any mods stating they will break if the version is updated. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.f489e2bf04fa3b1289d9e65edb0231b3.png

Since the lead in says CAN BE IGNORED. There are no issues with the current build and all listed mods are compatible with the current build.  

Oh. Would have been useful for me to understand that earlier on when I was not a quarter of a way through the mod list. No matter, afaik there are only a few mods that break with new SKSE, shouldn't take long to reinstall them, thank you!

Hello,

I wanted to tag on to my last post 4567 but wasn't able to figure it out; could only share, delete, and edit; not reply. 

I am working on two issues that come and go; but haven't been consistent.

1)creature penis's sometime disappear during animation or are not present.  It is not related to the specific creature because it might be visible on next arousal and/or animation.  Does anyone know why this might happen?  This occurs on dogs and horses an happens more if there are several interactions within a couple of minutes.  If you leave the area and come back later it might not happen again.

2)black face - I have only seen this solitude till now.  I had this on previous build before doing a clean install; but I had to uninstall high poly (if I remember correctly) to resolve.  I would rather try to find out what is causing it.

I included my export; if any has anyone ideas; it would be appreciated.

20210110234939_1.jpg

CSV Export.txt

@RedAcer

1 - It's not just you. It's a documented bug that as far as I know the various creature mod authors haven't figured out a way to fix. There are a few mods in this list that try to address it, but it's still pretty 50/50 where that's concerned.

2 - Black face is always a texture conflict. Find the Ref ID of an NPC you for sure know has the issue. Load all of your mods in SSEEdit and look for that PC's entry. It will tell you which mods interact with that specific NPC. That will help you troubleshoot what's going on. SSEEDit can be confusing at first, so I'd recommend checking out a video or two about it and only changing something if you're sure that's what is needed. I'm sure Gamerpoet or Gopher have some good videos on using it. You definitely don't want to do without High Poly Faces, as there are a lot of mods that depend on it in the list.

---

Unrelated - NPC AI Process Fix has a nice update today that I think fixes a rare CTD I've encountered. If I'm talking to an NPC (hi Hilde, please stay the **** outdoors for two seconds when you're telling people there's a mother ****ing dragon flying around) and the NPC goes inside, I sometimes get a CTD. Easy to avoid, but still annoying. Think this update fixes that though.

Holy **** this site is fast now! Gods be praised.

I'm back! With more nooby questions, but this time I'm kind of at a loss.
EDIT again: I solved my previous issues after some thinking, removed them from the post, this one is the only one I have remaining.

My plugin amount, shown in the box on the right in MO2 with all the esp files, went to about 290 (EDIT: 306 plugin, whoops), which afaik is a problem cuz Skyrim only allows 255 at most. I've read about something called merging and it seemed too complicated to not be included in the original tutorial, did I do something wrong so that I ended up with so many ESPs? I didn't install *every* optional plugin and such, so I'd assume if you went for all you'd get even more.

I've just finished installing and sorting and checking all the mods after 3 whole days of this, blame the internet speeds, and I'd really be glad if someone were to help me. I'm really thankful for the guide but I fear I may be a bit too dumb to understand it whole.

6 hours ago, AceMuffins said:

My plugin amount, shown in the box on the right in MO2 with all the esp files, went to about 290 (EDIT: 306 plugin, whoops), which afaik is a problem cuz Skyrim only allows 255 at most. I've read about something called merging and it seemed too complicated to not be included in the original tutorial, did I do something wrong so that I ended up with so many ESPs? I didn't install *every* optional plugin and such, so I'd assume if you went for all you'd get even more.

Not sure if you are referring to your total plugin count or total ESM+ESP count there.

In my case, I have 343 active plugins, but what matters is the count of ESM+ESP plugins which should be under the 255 limit. ESL's do not count towards the plugin limit, nor do espfe's (ESPs that are flagged as ESL). So fo my 343 active plugins, 215 are ESM or ESLs and the remaining 128 are ESLs.

So my understanding is that as long as the ESM+ESP count is below that 255 limit, you should be golden.