Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

3 hours ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

I guess when the prompt at "re-install" ask me to rename, merge or replace i should pick replace, but its really vital for the mod list? the game (in this case audio)  will broke if i dont install those 3 purple patches?  And i need to leave the main ESP for Relicary of Myth where it was (armor) or get it down to the sound parts? same goes to the mod itself (relicary), what about those ISC.esp that i see on your list?
Im confused as usual

and thanks for helping me out

To complete this part of the guide I just waited and installed Reliquary of Myth once I hit that section of the guide, manually moved everything else RoM related to the right spot in the load order, and then moved that patch to the correct place. If you already installed RoM you can reinstall it to re-run the FOMOD installer and check the box to install the patch, but make sure you reorder the mod and its patch ESPs accordingly. Success with this guide boils down to making sure your mod list matches the order specified in the guide, and that the ESPs for each mod correspond to their sort in the mod list, and that any specially relocated ESPs like these patches are in the right place, and that the ESPs for all patches are below their main mod.

NFF seemed great to me until I got far enough into my game that it became problematic. My main problem with it is the outfit management system. It used to be fairly straightforward (open up a menu, trade them an item, done), but now just seems unnecessarily bulky. There were multiple times when I'd give a follower a shield and said shield would disappear only for the follower to use their original, crap shield. This would happen both with and without outfit switching (manual or automatic). Another time I was trying to remove Lydia's outfit entirely. I took every item out of her inventory and she still had the outfit on. Check her inventory again, and it indeed is not there, but she's still wearing it. Setting follower AI to aggressive usually resulted in them doing fuck-all while I was being attacked, although sometimes they'd start attacking each other.

Load order issue? Very possible. Maybe I'll try it again at some point.

Another issue I had--that is entirely just because of my gameplay preferences--is my followers seemed omnipotent at around level 25. I actually want to have consequences for bringing them into battle, and want characters to die when we're facing a really tough boss. I'm thinking about trying iAFT during a future playthrough because of its bleedout-equals-chance-of-dying mechanic. But the downside to that mod is it hasn't been touched in three years.

@Aylis i was only able to play an hour yesterday, none today yet. But just that hour still feels like something is off in the game, the invert axis has me not aiming right( i use a controller like i'm flying, up is down down is up) and it won't switch, vehicle driving seems like a cheap GTA knock off from wish. But yeah, even with the issues, it's still kinda fun. 

19 hours ago, wollboi said:

NFF seemed great to me until I got far enough into my game that it became problematic. My main problem with it is the outfit management system. It used to be fairly straightforward (open up a menu, trade them an item, done), but now just seems unnecessarily bulky. There were multiple times when I'd give a follower a shield and said shield would disappear only for the follower to use their original, crap shield. This would happen both with and without outfit switching (manual or automatic). Another time I was trying to remove Lydia's outfit entirely. I took every item out of her inventory and she still had the outfit on. Check her inventory again, and it indeed is not there, but she's still wearing it. Setting follower AI to aggressive usually resulted in them doing fuck-all while I was being attacked, although sometimes they'd start attacking each other.

Load order issue? Very possible. Maybe I'll try it again at some point.

Another issue I had--that is entirely just because of my gameplay preferences--is my followers seemed omnipotent at around level 25. I actually want to have consequences for bringing them into battle, and want characters to die when we're facing a really tough boss. I'm thinking about trying iAFT during a future playthrough because of its bleedout-equals-chance-of-dying mechanic. But the downside to that mod is it hasn't been touched in three years.

I use Follower Death & Injury Chance, which I like, but the lack of an MCM or ability to see the status of your followers is problematic. When someone is injured, there is a message in the upper left, and they get a headwrap, but both are easy to miss.

My guess is the issue with the shield is something you can control in the MCM if you want to give it a try. There is a menu where, per follower, you can control when a shield/helmet/quiver displays. I set that to combat only; on the same page you can "force" NFF to store the current shield as the "real" shield.

With Lydia (and other followers), if you remove all of their clothes, they revert to the default armor that comes with the follower. That may not be what you're describing?

This is a CTD that I'd like some theories on. In Chillwood Depths, right after you off the first room of spiders, there's a corridor. Walking down it generates CTD. Quick google turns up this https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6882027-chillwind-depths-go-down-a-corridor-in-the-cave-it-crashes-the-entire-game/ which claims you can avoid the CTD by either whirlwind sprinting, going in 1st person, or ... wait for it ... walking backwards.

Sho nuff, walking backwards avoids the CTD. Much faster/easier than doing the mod by mod thing. BUT ... anyone have notions of why walking backwards would avoid the CTD? I'm looking at the same meshes, as I go, right?

On 12/10/2020 at 4:42 PM, Aylis said:

*peeking out of cover*

And now to something completely different (Cyberpunk 2077):

Reveal hidden contents

I guess some of you will be interested in Cyberpunk 2077.

First of all:

If you're a fan of the genre -> get it

If you just like RPG              -> wait 2-3 months 'til CDPR fixes all the bugs

Also it is a RPG first - NOT a shooter like some trailer make it look like!

Pro:

Visuals

very likable (or hateable) NPC

great side quests (feel more like 'real' quests and make Skyrim/FO4 look like a REALLY lazy hackjob)

runs on lower hardware (aka even with my Radeon 570)

believable city that feels real

you can actually get the weapons and armor the enemies used against you

Contra:

Car driving is atm BS

minor pop ins of random NPC

loot feels like a bad Diablo (way too much rubbish)

seems to be a bit rough and unfinished in some parts

you can't setup your own customized controls - which makes it VERY hard for me

So far, even with its draw-backs, i love it!

*reloading gun*

*Going back in*

I played the game today again and I absolutely love it. The combat feels like a mix of Wolfenstein due to the music choice and general combatstyle and the weaponry is very Borderlands-like. I barely even notice the bugs because I´m a little too much into the story ? Although my PC has overheated and emergency shutdown twice already..  ?

Can someone help me ? I just tried to start Skyrim Special Edition but it crashed before the Skyrim Logo appeared. The game opens, the shadercache text from enb pops up, then the whole screen goes black all of a sudden, then the skyrim logo appears for a second + the CreationClub loading wheel spins and then it crashed. These are the kinds of crashes I can´t fix myself really ?

Here is my load order if that helps: (I´d love to provide a papyrus log but papyrus doesn´t seem to create any log despite it being turned on. Maybe the game crashes too early for papyrus to make a log ?)

Spoiler

asgggggggggggggggggga.thumb.PNG.b9cc0f5f1e7af51090e8da82108fb9e3.PNG

12 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

Can someone help me ? I just tried to start Skyrim Special Edition but it crashed before the Skyrim Logo appeared. The game opens, the shadercache text from enb pops up, then the whole screen goes black all of a sudden, then the skyrim logo appears for a second + the CreationClub loading wheel spins and then it crashed. These are the kinds of crashes I can´t fix myself really ?

Here is my load order if that helps: (I´d love to provide a papyrus log but papyrus doesn´t seem to create any log despite it being turned on. Maybe the game crashes too early for papyrus to make a log ?)

Reveal hidden contents

asgggggggggggggggggga.thumb.PNG.b9cc0f5f1e7af51090e8da82108fb9e3.PNG

For me, alternate start give me tons of problems back in the day (LE) when it was *after* Sexlab related mods, try that. 
and try to get the weather mods as close as each other as you can without aftecting other mods, i do know that sometimes that causes CDT with ENBS 

3 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

For me, alternate start give me tons of problems back in the day (LE) when it was *after* Sexlab related mods, try that. 
and try to get the weather mods as close as each other as you can without aftecting other mods, i do know that sometimes that causes CDT with ENBS 

That sadly didn´t fix it. I also tried mods disabling the CreationClub incase it has to do with it but that also didn´t get me any closer. The only thing I had happen was EngineFixes telling me it couldn´t find the log path. That fixed itself though after I started SE and I set up my settings + generated the ini files by starting the game

Just now, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Does that means ALL the way up in my mod list? (just after the foundations mods like SKSE, RaceMenu and USSEP?

That´s how I would do it. Atleast that´s what modding Fallout New Vegas has taught me. I run LOOT which automatically pushes them up so I don´t have this problem anymore. Though LOOT won´t help here. I think just pushing them up manually will do best

4 minutes ago, Jessica_Degurechaff said:

Didnt know that, big thank my guy. 

Though I´m not sure if the Mo2 and NMM load orders work the same. In NMM usually stuff at the top are masters and everything below that overwrites the masters and anything above it. If that´s also with Mo2 then I think I´m right

27 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

Though I´m not sure if the Mo2 and NMM load orders work the same. In NMM usually stuff at the top are masters and everything below that overwrites the masters and anything above it. If that´s also with Mo2 then I think I´m right

Yup.. essentially. 

@AkiKay On the first Page the Author wrote aboute the usage of Loot and if you follow his guide / Example you should not use it to sort the mods. You should follow it :) . Cause with Ailys Setup Loot will rearrange mods and ESP's and then it might or will not work (CTD / BUGS etc.)

Liitle Edit for AiKay after a look at your ModLIst. Careful about the Yuriana Wench with High Poly Head, They cause Problems which will get you an CTD, The Mod Author wrote bout this in the forums. I think he put up a hotfix patch there which forces the headmesh and the Hair to a specific Option.  But not sure if this will help you. In my case i still got the CTD sometimes.

@Jessica_Degurechaff As written before, manually drag the esm's down your Load Order. mor or less they should be right after the Unoffical patch. Mostly all esm's are at the bottom und then the esp's (there are some exceptions, i think Ailys worte about this too).

Maybe this can help you as an Example. Or you cann look irt up on the first page. Think it was in the 3rd Post by Ailys.

grafik.png.36e149bc00e1a63774209cf050aa0565.png

On 12/10/2020 at 6:52 PM, jap2015 said:

@babalooch

I had Triggers in the the right place, just by luck and was never sure where to put it. I have Console Util. after LL mods,  does it care where it is. It doesn't scream load order like Mfg.

Quick answers:

1. I don't use SL Triggers. Not sure why it's here. I don't know that anything on the list uses it, but, this isn't my list. My Sexlab section is very different than Aylis. 

2. I'd put Console Util in the SKSE section, anywhere after Address Library for SKSE Plugins(requirement for Console Util).

3. SKSE mods won't scream at you. Generally, MO2/Wrye/FNIS/DynDolod are unaware of SKSE. Right or wrong, they load/ignore SKSE mods and move on.

4. Pay double attention to requirements, don't just blindly follow the list. Read the mod description, especially with SKSE and ENB mods, and if you aren't sure: defer to Aylis. 

Longer explanations:

Spoiler

1. I don't use SL triggers because it seems annoying to have to set up a bunch of rules/conditions/etc. I don't think it's a requirement for anything on this list(I personally don't see the point of it as a mod, more like as a resource to build other mods with). Aylis and I have very different choices when it comes to the Sexlab sections, so it may be used by one of the optional mods. Not better/worse, just very different. Example: I don't touch creatures/devious stuff at all. So as always pay careful attention to requirements for whatever you install. With all the optional mods in the Sexlab section, it's very easy to miss something/or have something not defined in the master list. Do each mod one at a time, sure, but, make sure you're seeing the big picture as well.

2. Yep.

3.  I'm writing this all out because your response tells me you don't understand what SKSE is/does. It doesn't scream, because MO2 essentially has no idea what is happening with SKSE mods. SKSE in 1 sentence is: A vehicle that allows modders to build and run things in better programming languages than Papyrus(the Skyrim "language"), but still have the desired outcome in Skyrim.

This is a great thing, not a reason to avoid SKSE mods. Just the opposite: Mods that only use Papyrus, and doubly so if using many of them, are a faster/easier way to break Skyrim, than SKSE mods.

Why do you care? Because MO2 can't scream at you if you mess up something specific to SKSE, as it doesn't know about it. Thus, you have no idea you're doing something wrong until you get a CTD. See? Now you care. Example: Console Util has only 2 files: a .dll and a .pex. The .dll is the "outside Skyrim" part. The .pex is most likely the thing that hooks the .dll's inputs/outputs into Skyrim.

Things in the SKSE world run and load differently than in the MO2/Skyrim world, so load order may be less important, or even, not important at all. They main thing with SKSE mods is to get the requirements right. But, if an SKSE mod also has some Skyrim components(.pex files, meshes, texture, etc.) then load order becomes just as important as always.

4. Aagain, pay careful attention to instructions