Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Previous update

Updating status to '3.0.6'.

Updating the section for the trees. This fixes the visual problems that popped up. I also added all the mods i tested in the last weeks

This does require a rebuild of the bashed patch and a rerun of DynDOLOD.

Changes:

Splitting 'Weapons and Armor' into 'Weapons' and 'Armor'

REMOVED mods:

Foundation:

Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE Billboards                                            Redundant

Tree Pineforest Branch                                                                  Causes problems

EEKs Renthal Flora Collection Update                                          Replaced

Skyrim 3D Plants Cut (File)                                                           Replaced

Armor:

zzjay's Wardrobe - SSE CBBE BodySlide                                       Physics not working properly

Weather and Lighting:

Tamriel Master Lights - Cities 

JK Skyrim - TML Cities

LL:

Apropos 2                                                                                    Texts way too mixed up, no continuation

Jaxonz MCM Kicker SE                                                                 Can be done via console

Sexlab Sperm Texture Replacer 1b                                               Replaced

TB Painterly Cum Texture                                                             Replaced

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

Fixed Dragon Stalking Fix

High Poly Blackreach Mushrooms                                                Better looking mushrooms.

Vanilla HD Tree Branches

Riften Docks Overhaul - SMIM Patch

Textures:

Cork Retexture                                                                              A nice mini-mod.

Snowberries HD Texture Option

3D Pine Grass                                                                                Finally some 3D grass (i hope there will be more)

Remiros' Dragonborn Alcohol HD                                                Nice little update for those bottles too.

Creatures:

Butterflies Unchained                                                                   Not perfect but way better than vanilla.

High-Res Dartwing (Dragonfly) Texture                                        Small but nice mod.

Physics and Animation:

(Optional) DAR - Diverse Random Block idle                               This is more for the 3rd person players

Armor:

Early-Middleages Helmets pack SSE                                             Moved within the group

CC's UHD Stalhrim Weapons and Armor                                      Moved within the group

Reliquary of Myth - Artifact Overhaul                                           Moved within the group

Natural Dragon Priest Mask Textures                                            Moved within the group

Weapons:

Auriel's Weaponry (Primarily the bow, the rest is up to you)       Now all bows look good.

Override:

Enter the College of Winterhold without joining                          Now we got a choice if and when we want to start this questline. 

Weather and Lighting:

Lanterns Of Skyrim II                                                                     Moved from 'Area'

? LoS II - SMIM patch.esp

? LoS II - JKs Skyrim patch.esp

? LoS II - Tamriel Master Lights.esp

? LoS II - TML - JKs Skyrim patch.esp

? LoS II TML - Guard Armor Replacer patch.esp

Riften Docks Overhaul - LoS II Patch                                            Moved from 'Area'

? Embers XD - JKs Skyrim - TML Patch (HD).esp                       New patch 

LL:

Mfg Fix

PC Head Tracking and Voice Type Patch

LipSync Fix

Creature Framework                                                                     OLDRIM. Fixes the error message.

(Optional) ABC

(Optional) SLACS - SexLab Advanced Cum Stages

(Optional) SLACS textures replacer

(Optional) Fill Her Up Baka Edition                                               Does work without issues

Final:

(Optional) Puffy Nipple Sliders

CBBE 3BBB - SL Triggers compatible patch

UPLOAD:

None atm.

The creature stuff is bonkers again. Sometimes the arousal works - then suddenly it doesn't. Honestly i'm out of ideas for that and i tried everything i could think of. Atm there are way too many people working on it and any update can break something else in the group.

My advice would be to ignore that part 'til someone fixes that mess. I was very tempted to remove that section. Again!

As usual the site crashed a few times so i had to rework post #2 several times. ?

9 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Anyone with a quick tip on how to fix the College of Winterhold Mage Robes, that are missing the lower leg meshes.  I've done the fix before but I sorta forgot how to do it.  I think it involves xEdit, or something.  

You mean outfit studio. Looks like the modauthor (propably the one for the high heels) forgot to include the legs.

Problems like this (or meshes in general) can cause CTD.

10 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Anyone with a quick tip on how to fix the College of Winterhold Mage Robes, that are missing the lower leg meshes.  I've done the fix before but I sorta forgot how to do it.  I think it involves xEdit, or something.  

2020.11.28-19.22_01.png

or open the outfit in bodyslide. (it might be the boots missing the mesh) and add a reference to it using a standard cbbe body. Then the missing body is back.

11 minutes ago, wollboi said:

It also adds the mod to your overwrite folder, which is probably problematic the next time you clean it, so I just manually made a "Wear Multiple Rings" mod from overwrite. Gives more control for it in the load order.

This is exactly how it should be handled. ?

The site is acting strange today. I got serious problems with it here.

Jiggle Question.

I need more. I've very slightly tweaked the settings in SinfulCBP, because it seemed like a thing to do. Still want more. Should I keep tweaking Sinful or re-run CBPC and pick the next level up? I was afraid of too much jello, probably an over-reaction to a prior install where females couldn't shrug without setting off a boobquake, so I installed CBPC with firm (not the most, the 2nd to most) options.

The question comes down to how much Sinful should be used as opposed to that, and, of course, I may be misinterpreting the purpose of Sinful altogether.

42 minutes ago, ascendentkunglao said:

@Aylis  Thanks for the update but is there any up with Windhelm in your playthrough?  I happened to disable JK's Skyrim and it actually didn't CTD (tried your tip of disabling dynDOLOD first and it still crashed), so is there anyway I can get some tips on how to troubleshoot this.  It seems to be Windhelm only.  

Where in Windhelm? I ended up abandoning JKs AIO entirely due to really large performance hits in Windhelm, but I suspect the ultimate cause is something else interacting with JKs mod. If so, it's a question of how much time you're willing to invest in troubleshooting v. how valuable JKs mod is for you.

22 hours ago, wollboi said:

@mknn A while ago I had a similar problem in that area, but it was a CTD whenever I got close to a Stormcloaks camp. Any Stormcloaks camp. I have no idea what my fix was. Probably deactivating every mod and going through the load order again. Or just restart the game. But if you have the same reaction it could have something to do with that. Travel to the one east of Markarth on the cliff and see if it happens.

I was crashing near every Stomrcloak camp many moons ago due to one of the Diverse Infantry or Diverse Rebels or whatever mods. It made the Stormcloak troops more racially mixed. In any case, it took me a while to chase down. This was before I found Aylis' build ...

I'll try enabling MFG again when I hit Markarth next.

@Aylis First of all a big thanks for providing a comprehensive SSE build. That was one of the big hurdles preventing me to finally leave my modded oldrim behind (the other being my system aging into potato).

Stupid questions time:

- I could not find any mention which texture sizes to download. Would be a nice addition to have somewhere in the begining for all the people who roughly match your example cpu&gpu.

- More Nasty Critters: Creature Framework is missing in your guide? Unless that is intentional and it MNC now works without CF?

- ZAZ CBBE: I assume V8R2 is chosen for performance reasons over V8R3?

- Do you know about the RaceMenu BodyGen feature to randomize bodyshapes?

- Why was I always afraid of DynDOLOD?

@alaunus01

Stupid answers time:

- Post your specs. With a mediocre gaming laptop I was okay running 2K for everything, but that was a year ago. With my AM god-machine I'm fine at 4K for everything.

- CF is now included with MNC as one package (two separate plugins, so still move the CF.esm up in the load order).

- I'm useless with this question. I still use v7 and don't even use it for its intended purpose.*

- Useless again. Other users in this thread have used it though. I think @jaeos

- You were afraid for a number of reasons. It's clunky. It's finicky about where it wants to be installed. It's makes your processor cry when you're using it. Depending on your machine, it can take forever (even with a good machine it can take 45 minutes or more). Updating it is always scary. If you ever have any issues, the support forum mostly exists to belittle you. If you miss a setting during running it you aren't getting the full benefit of it. Probably more. Is make game purdy tho.

* Unintended purpose being I deleted the meshes/textures for the gags and toggle the setting for SLA to enable drool for a non-magic-using werewolf character.

One of the best instructions/builds that I have seen; thank you.  I have one question; when I was finished, I have 612 active mods and 346 active plugins.  I thought you could only have 255 active plugins (yes some of the 346 plugins are esl but I have 319 esp in my plugins) but everything loads fine.  I tried looking up SSEEDIT merged directions but I am unsure which mods can be merged.  I used most of what you suggested in the post and added about 10 additional mods to your build.  My question is; if everyone loads fine with 319 e sp running; is this OK or are some the ESP not loading because of being over the 255 limit?

Capture.PNG

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

@alaunus01[...]

- Post your specs. With a mediocre gaming laptop I was okay running 2K for everything, but that was a year ago. With my AM god-machine I'm fine at 4K for everything.

[...]

- CF is now included with MNC as one package (two separate plugins, so still move the CF.esm up in the load order).

- 8350fx potato 16gig ram with gtx970

- More investigation revealed CF was removed from MNC again with the 12.5 update

-- Currently testing the conversion from Pfiffy while MadMansGun says that CF downloads from MNC:SLAL for LE should work too

1 hour ago, RedAcer said:

[...]I thought you could only have 255 active plugins[...]

Check your Mod Index. There should be two kinds of indexes there. One going from 00 to FF <255 in hexadecimal and one with FE:000 and upwards.

Care to take a guess which one you should have an eye on? :D

Found the solution to the problem with Windhelm: the ESL of 'EmbersXD' (both versions!) are not compatible with 'JK's Skyrim'.

Switching to the standard ESP fixes the CTD.

Also the update to LOS2 made the separate TML semi-incompatible (aka it can cause problems). I'll update the list and the update post tomorrow. Chasing the first bug down took me more than half of the day... and i'm getting hungry and have to catch some sleep.

Btw. i'm very very tempted to add Eyes Up Here just for fun. ??