Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

17 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Random question, do I have to run the Bashed Patch with my plugins in the correct order prior to moving the ESM files up?  Would that matter?

It might cause problems as the LO determins what gets priority.

16 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Could not generating tree LOD cause issues, it does give a warning to us if we don't check it but the DynDOLOD instructions have it "greyed" out.  

Nope. Unless you want the standard 2D trees and not the 3D ones.

14 hours ago, EvilCampinCow said:

Looks like it was Smoking Torches and Candles causing my crashes. No idea what it's conflicting with, but I slowly re-added everything until this mods only were the ONLY ones I had off anymore. DUNNO!

I doubt that. So many people 'identified' different mods as the cause of their problems... Especially doubtful when it is a mod that has been in the list for a long time.

Sounds more to me that something didn't work as it should (download or extraction) or something is missing (like a patch).

Right now i'm trying to find out why some pines look more like a partially plucked chicken than a normal one.

Spoiler

plucked.jpg.a7d00762029fc1660655c3a9927352e9.jpg

273rd rerun Dyndolod:

Billboards make no difference. Looks like the additional ones arn't really needed and the problem is more texture related.

274th rerun Dyndolod:

treepineforestbranchcomp.dds seems to be the problematic texture. Digging deeper...

275th rerun Dyndolod:

Replacing the texture fixed the behaviour (closeup and distant). Checking snowy areas now.  

Spoiler

454115846_plucked2.jpg.34df53aea9cde18560babd5b53bdd0d4.jpg

Looks like only some of the non-snowy pines were affected. Retesting the lush version now.

276th rerun Dyndolod:

Hmm, the textures seem to break the lush trees too. Tomorrow i'll try with a different mod.

19 hours ago, AnonBerserker said:

I should have probably said that I did that and used the ini provided in the download section

Thought I would try with the default ini just to see if it made a difference but it just throws an error. I give up with Dyndolod, should I remove all the LOD and billboard files from the list or does it not matter?

18 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Do you guys think with the hardware I´ll write below I´ll be able to follow this guide ? I´d hate to end up with 20fps after I installed the truckload of mods in this guide ?

GPU: RTX 2070 Super 8GB 

CPU: i7 9700k

RAM: 16GB

I think so, I am running well w/

GPU: GTX 1660 TI

CPU: i5-6600

RAM: 16.0 GB

This is a very weird one, I must admit. But it looks like MFG Fix caused a reproducible CTD for me. Gory details here: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/12405-current-buglist/?do=findComment&comment=53145 , but the upshot is just outside of Solitude, running up that hill, BOOM.

Took a long time to track down, as I would never have suspected the MFG Fix to be at fault.

I can't theorize why; all I can say is that I spent a good 7 hours troubleshooting this, and if MFG Fix is disabled, I run on up the hill; if it's enabled, I don't.

There is a follow up question I'll post later, but for now just wanted to let folks know.

1 hour ago, wollboi said:

@mknn Probably a stupid question, but did you try reinstalling it and running Fallrim? Yeah, that is very weird.

After identifying it as being the source of the crash I didn't reinstall. Certainly worth a shot--will do so tomorrow and report back.

12 hours ago, ascendentkunglao said:

Kids in their undies, wtf.  LOL Multiple children through out the game world are just in their undies, I tried reinstalling RSChildren overhaul and Realistic RSChildren.

are you using a mod called the kids are alright? it puts standard armor into the game as kids wear and if you remove it they show up in nothing but underwear.  It's a good mod if you use it as intended. (i.e. kids would normally be everywhere not just in the cities) Ive never been able to redress them into different outfits though, so whatever they were wearing when i came across them is what they are still wearing. Though it would have been cool to put lucia into daedric armor, if i give her the kids deadric armor she runs around with just the skivvies on. 

8 hours ago, mknn said:

This is a very weird one, I must admit. But it looks like MFG Fix caused a reproducible CTD for me. Gory details here: https://www.loverslab.com/blogs/entry/12405-current-buglist/?do=findComment&comment=53145 , but the upshot is just outside of Solitude, running up that hill, BOOM.

Took a long time to track down, as I would never have suspected the MFG Fix to be at fault.

I can't theorize why; all I can say is that I spent a good 7 hours troubleshooting this, and if MFG Fix is disabled, I run on up the hill; if it's enabled, I don't.

There is a follow up question I'll post later, but for now just wanted to let folks know.

Considering MFG Fix is used solely for facial expressions i would put forth the theory it's sexlab causing a hook and ctd through mfg fix. What happens if you shut off sexlab and flower girls (and all mods needing them) and climb the same hill with mfg fix still on? 

20 hours ago, AnonBerserker said:

Thought I would try with the default ini just to see if it made a difference but it just throws an error. I give up with Dyndolod, should I remove all the LOD and billboard files from the list or does it not matter?

Dyndolod is pretty straight forward if you don't read the mods directions and do it as listed in the first page of this thread. install dyndolod where you choose except into c:/program files (or x86 either). 2. associate the texgen and dyndolod exe files to shortcuts inside mo2. 3. run the texgen exe. 4. use 7zip to pack that into a file and install as a mod into mo2. make sure to activate it. 5. run the dyndolod exe file and right click the little box with the different worlds and select all. click medium rules and finally generate. 6.pack that output into a 7zip file and install exactly the same way you did the texgen output. Visuals to follow.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aae586fa931a39498a9d73659647e1a6.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.483e945f8bda66cb1824754cc610187d.png

NOTE: it is not going to say it found earlier textures like mine shows. It was started simply for the screenshot.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ed5468478dcc90bb982f896a8a08a429.png

Use the second button 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5eab0bbd343b4ad58e562d4c17f1a4ce.png

install the 7zip you made.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.28dffedc80d8fb4a016e6908648dcccf.png

run the dyndolod exe.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.919155f6ae286d3e6ae4fa9f090acf43.png

choose advanced.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7599f90eb94f02898e884c27d1d951f2.png

right click and choose all

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.867e2ef5756d2a6f04162a489ff74791.png

choose medium (seems to take less time)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.456d993370be3ef5466c07af8c9cc8d7.png

click ok and wait until it's done. exit that as well. (it will look the same as the texgen)

compress that output to 7zip as well. and install the same as you did the texgen. activate. (sorry my dyndolod output is empty so i didn't have files to show compressing)

Dyndolod should now be active

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.58126790bc0f0cfaf02d2bffde9c2d8d.png

NOTE: this was not in any way suggesting you are lacking in intelligence. Your post just happened to be the one I read that I decided a visual walkthrough was a good idea. 

There's one thing i learned while creating the list: patience.

Just rushing through will likely end up with something broken. Also reading the stuff the OA puts up (and the last page of comments) is a must, especially when it comes to new mods. Then rechecking if something changes becomes important too...

For the tree textures the first page was quite small when i downloaded and installed it - now 'some' restrictions were added and i'll drop that mod. Too many hoops to jump through.

Regarding mfgfix. We need two mods and a patch to get that working properly. Three days ago i was running through that area making quests and fighting off dragons. No CTDs. That is one of the spots i heavily use in my testphase (same as the areas around Riften, Whiterun, Windhelm and Markath). In the end i'm criss-crossing everything to check for anomalies, especially when an area was modded.

Small thing to add to Jaeos runthrough. Deactivate Dyndolod and get your PC indoors when you change or update Dyndolod!

Now back to Dyndolod here. I simply hate redoing that!

277th rerun Dyndolod:

Completely removed the added branch textures and now everything works. The old ones were better and less problematic.

Thanks for the advice Jaeos, I was already doing what you suggested. I did manage to figure out it was something to do with the bashed patch because I was able to load after I deactivated it so I rebuilt and that worked but after I spawned at the camp outside helgen i got 20 fps for about a minute then the game CTD. Im cursed with Dyndolod and everything else on the list works fine so im just going to play without, no big deal.

18 minutes ago, AnonBerserker said:

Thanks for the advice Jaeos, I was already doing what you suggested. I did manage to figure out it was something to do with the bashed patch because I was able to load after I deactivated it so I rebuilt and that worked but after I spawned at the camp outside helgen i got 20 fps for about a minute then the game CTD. Im cursed with Dyndolod and everything else on the list works fine so im just going to play without, no big deal.

Wait a sec... If you recreate/update the bashed patch Dyndolod has to be deactivated in MO2 (texture and overwrite). Otherwise there will be problems.

4 hours ago, AnonBerserker said:

I will redo everything once more when I get a chance just to make sure. Also I added Quick Loot https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21085

Do you think that could be a problem?

Wait a bit. I'm still checking a few things but i'm prepping a new update (hopefully really the last one this year) and i'll be removing/changing a few things which are relevant for Dyndolod. 

278th rerun Dyndolod:

Tweaked a few things and i hope this will be my final run. Works as i intended.

I'll make an update tomorrow. In the last two days i've been working on this for ~16 hours and i need a break...

In troubleshooting the MFG Fix "issue," I generated a list of about a half-dozen mods whose absence would cause a CTD when loading the save. Note, not a your save is corrupt message, but a CTD. Some of these feel "foundational" (SL and USSEP, for example); others were surprising--armor mods. My question is about the ones that aren't core to key game mechanics,

• As a general rule, is there any reason to be suspicious of these mods? Is their not being able to be removed cleanly enough of a thing to consider jettisoning them? Or is it just fine, and something you just navigate around in the troubleshooting process?
3 hours ago, mknn said:

In troubleshooting the MFG Fix "issue," I generated a list of about a half-dozen mods whose absence would cause a CTD when loading the save. Note, not a your save is corrupt message, but a CTD. Some of these feel "foundational" (SL and USSEP, for example); others were surprising--armor mods. My question is about the ones that aren't core to key game mechanics,

• As a general rule, is there any reason to be suspicious of these mods? Is their not being able to be removed cleanly enough of a thing to consider jettisoning them? Or is it just fine, and something you just navigate around in the troubleshooting process?

What i've noticed is some armor mods actually have a couple of script hooks in them for SMP to work, clear them out with xedit and you get the infinite mesh streaking issue. A few armor mods not from LL or nexus do that, I have not had an issue with ctd running them, but they are usually nice enough to warn you that if you install that armor on the playthrough you will not be able to turn the mod back off unless you are creating a new save. I think thats what it said.. google translate is sketch at best with mandarin, enough you can kinda see what they are saying. So yeah, i can see where the armor from soul caliber 5 (or any other get it for only the next 24 hours armor mod that pops up on 9daemo) will cause a ctd if you remove it. Thats one of those things i add in the title when i install if i know it.

8 hours ago, AnonBerserker said:

I will redo everything once more when I get a chance just to make sure. Also I added Quick Loot https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21085

Do you think that could be a problem?

If you are running DCL (deviously cursed loot) it will not work properly with quick loot, they both use script hooks to activate and are not compatible in any shape form or fashion per the DCL pages.

Just a follow up on the MFG Fix thing. I reinstalled from scratch, with patches.

• Fast travelled up Solitude way, ran up the hill ... CTD.
  • Reloaded (I had quicksaved down by the carriage), disabled SexLab and hit UNINSTALL on FG via the MCM. Exited, ran up the hill ... CTD.
  • Removed MFG, ran up that hill, no problems.

My Papyrus log after the first crash was full of errors on CWDisableDuringSiegeScript.OnCellLoad(), but that strikes me as a likely red herring (I have yet to hit the Civil War in earnest).

I'm happy to keep testing if it's useful, otherwise will just press on MFGFix-less for a while. I'm only a few hours of play from actual, new stuff. ?

On 11/23/2020 at 3:38 AM, Aylis said:

No. Some mods require those edits.

Might be DynDOLOD. Deactivate that one for a testrun.

Already tested and didn't end up in the list.

Just reinstall it when the patches show up in the list. This way all files end up in the right spot.

@EvilCampinCow

Thats a problem with the glowmaps of DynDOLOD. The second pic shows how they always should look like.

For spells that is normal. Each spell got a different effect so they also look different.

Sadly Shiny Wet Rocks Fix didn't work out. So my patch is still the best option atm. The floating rock formation is gone too.

Testing Perfect Terrain LOD next. I always wanted to include the tool but setting it up and using it is a real pain. Thankfully someone did all that work for me...

And it looks WORSE than what we have atm.

@Aylis

hey man, I don't think its DynDOLOD.  Tried deactivating it and still crashing during the load screen.  Have run both tex gen and dyndolod.

So I disabled JK's Skyrim AIO and it worked being able to go to Windhelm.  How should I go about troubleshooting?  Windhelm is the only place that I CTD at.  

Thanks again.  

@mknn A while ago I had a similar problem in that area, but it was a CTD whenever I got close to a Stormcloaks camp. Any Stormcloaks camp. I have no idea what my fix was. Probably deactivating every mod and going through the load order again. Or just restart the game. But if you have the same reaction it could have something to do with that. Travel to the one east of Markarth on the cliff and see if it happens.

I know that's a very obscure thing to recommend, but I would be at the point where I'd try anything.

@Aylis I see what you mean about the trees up north. Have a very stable game, but up there I get a lot of them flickering and a couple of CTDs.