Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Yeah, the list says to use MO2 for a reason. I tried to use it with Vortex when I was first starting out with very similar results. Aylis's list is designed with MO2 in mind.

As for switching, there is supposed to be a way to export it from Vortex to MO2, but I just started over again. It will give you the opportunity to figure out more about how it works.

1 hour ago, mknn said:

LOL. Smartass. :)

I just read the instructions and like to follow them. I also happen to prefer MO above Vortex.

1 hour ago, mknn said:

I like what Vortex is trying to do--take some of the challenges of this process off casual gamers. If everything were integrated correctly, it would work, too: more advanced users could use Groups, others could just toss mods in and let Vortex do its thing.

I don't think we'll get to see something like that. You can get a masterlist for plugins to get a functional loadorder (most of the times, but you can see in this very guide there are explicit instructions stating you shouldn't rely in such tool). Even then you need to account for special cases and apply manual adjustments. Now imagine trying to do the same for every single mod file for every mod (because I imagine that's what you would need to do at least, if you expect a tool to manage and solve active conflicts in a proper way). I seriously doubt we'll get to have something like that. And I don't see the point in looking at Vortex further, feels like a rant for another thread.

MO2 Question. There is a drop down when you install mods that lists what appear to be versions in the downloaded file. It seems like the general rule is "use the one on the bottom," but I'm not sure if that is true. As an example, here is the window for Disable Snow Grass

image.png.01e399c7f34d071062b5509d64b01214.png

The webpage on Nexus says the current version is 0.2. No matter which option is picked from the drop down, the version stays at 0.1. Which one should I install, both in general and for this particular mod?

Hello, I'm a noob to skyrim mods. I have always wanted to completely overhaul skyrim. I have gotten to the texture mods and I have a question. in the downloads of mo2, some of the downloads never downloaded and are stuck at 0.0 B/s. Is this normal? What do I do? I might have more questions with this massive modding job. Thanks.

Hello lovelies, I have returned after a short hiatus and man has this list grown :3 I have some questions, regarding the nemesis part it says to "create the nemesis override and let it overwrite the FNIS Override, that seems weird to me since nemesis override is a separate mod, and separate mods dont overwrite each other, do you mean to disable FNIS Override or to directly merge the two mods?

Another area that confused me in the guide was the part about wbody and Eva, do I use both or only one of them? It seems to indicate that both should be used in the guide :3

29 minutes ago, mknn said:

MO2 Question. There is a drop down when you install mods that lists what appear to be versions in the downloaded file. It seems like the general rule is "use the one on the bottom," but I'm not sure if that is true. As an example, here is the window for Disable Snow Grass

That's the name field. It's name the folder/mod will receive in the left panel. It makes no difference. The version and content of the mod depends on the file you download, not the name you give it in that field. Usually you want the first one, as it doesn't contain numbers or other file details that will clog your left panel.

27 minutes ago, xob34 said:

some of the downloads never downloaded and are stuck at 0.0 B/s. Is this normal? What do I do?

In the rare cases where I have stuck downloads I close MO completely and open it again, if the download is listed as paused or interrupted delete it and try to download it again. AFAIK this is a website/Internet connection issue and not a MO specific problem. 

2 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

That's just the name the folder/mod will receive in the left panel. It makes no difference. The version and content of the mod depends on the file you download, not the name you give it in that field.

Huh. OK. So, any ideas how to get to version 0.2 of Disable Snow Grass? There is only a single file available at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36974?tab=files . Vortex (I know, I know) read it as version 0.2, whether correctly or incorrectly.

32 minutes ago, mknn said:

Huh. OK. So, any ideas how to get to version 0.2 of Disable Snow Grass? There is only a single file available at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36974?tab=files . Vortex (I know, I know) read it as version 0.2, whether correctly or incorrectly.

The only file I see in there is the 0.2 one. If the installer says 0.1 is likely an oversight from the author. I'd trust the version listed on the Nexus (and if the end result shows a 0.1 version in MO you can manually edit the version field to show 0.2 instead).

2 hours ago, xob34 said:

Hello, I'm a noob to skyrim mods. I have always wanted to completely overhaul skyrim. I have gotten to the texture mods and I have a question. in the downloads of mo2, some of the downloads never downloaded and are stuck at 0.0 B/s. Is this normal? What do I do? I might have more questions with this massive modding job. Thanks.

I pause them and resume and that seems to kick them to starting.   It happens every so often with my downloads, not sure if its due to larger ones using all the download speed (I am a a free account) or if it's just a MO2 thing.

@KhajiitHasSex It just means to have Nemesis Overwrite lower than FNIS Overwrite so that it will take priority. Nemesis Overwrite contains a FNIS.esp that will allow the FNIS overwrite to work. If it were reversed, that would not be the case. Nemesis is meant to be a replacement for FNIS, but doing it this way enables you to have both running simultaneously. This mod list requires no merging of mods.

Basically:

* Disable Nemesis. Enable FNIS Behavior. (Not FNIS Creature Pack if  you use it.)

* Open FNIS. Click the de-install creatures button. Run FNIS as normal.

* When FNIS is FNISished (I know, sorry) create your FNIS Overwrite.

* Disable FNIS Behavior. Enable Nemesis.

* Run Nemesis. May have to do this a few times before it finishes. You'll know it's correct when you have FNIS.esp in your Overwrite.

* When finished, create your Nemesis Overwrite.

Done. If you forgot something or messed up, start over but make sure you delete your FNIS/Nemesis Overwrites and clear your Overwrite section before starting again.

You can use Eva or Wrong Body. Or another Bodyslide preset. Preferable one that is 3BBB compatible to get the most out of 3BBB. It's to your personal tastes. I like the optional Bodyslide presets that come with CBBE Muscle Solution. You can also use two separate Bodyslide presets: one for your PC and one for NPCs.

One day off and so much pops up again...

21 hours ago, Just Don't said:

In the rare cases where I have stuck downloads I close MO completely and open it again, if the download is listed as paused or interrupted delete it and try to download it again. AFAIK this is a website/Internet connection issue and not a MO specific problem. 

Simply pausing and then restarting the mod usually works too. 

21 hours ago, Just Don't said:

The only file I see in there is the 0.2 one. If the installer says 0.1 is likely an oversight from the author. I'd trust the version listed on the Nexus (and if the end result shows a 0.1 version in MO you can manually edit the version field to show 0.2 instead).

Sadly there are quite a few mods requiring this. 

12 hours ago, KhajiitHasSex said:

@Aylis Have you thought about including blackthorn mod, its a great mod that allows you to build your own little town which I find great fun!

I've looked into it before and there were a few shaders or textures (not sure which) that didn't work correctly. So it never made it into the list.

Regarding Vortex:

It can work if you're willing to set up rules regarding the LO. The problem is that you have to create so many of them (aka ~200) that it becomes a hindrance. A modmanager is supposed to make it easier for you, not add more work for its user.

The basic idea is good imo but the execution (and all the additional bloat) not so much.

2 MO2 Questions (yes, it's instantly clear that it's a better product).

• Is there a way to autosort the plugin list on the right side so it follows the mod order on the left? That is, when adding mods that belong further up the list on the left, their .esp's go to the bottom on the right.
  • Similarly, is there a way to "pin" the Bashed Patch to the bottom of the plugin order?

I do have MO2 tutorials flagged to watch. But I won't get through them for a couple days, due to real life. But I can download and install things in parallel with real life, hence the questions.

@mknn Autosort seems like it would be helpful but it really wouldn't be. Aylis's list has a lot of patches that you need to move around manually, so they would get sorted in the wrong places. Best thing to do is to disable all of your mods, then start at the top and enable them one by one, following along with the list as you go and moving patches when you need to. Takes about 20 minutes.

Dyndolod and Nemesis could probably be put off until later, but I don't think there's really a reason to. Watch Gamerpoet's guide on Dyndolod and follow along with it. I can't remember if he has one for Nemesis, but just follow the steps I've got above or the ones Aylis has in post #3. They're pretty easy to use and then you don't have to worry about whether or not your load order is working properly without either of them.

Related - Something I've learned from trial and error: if you're getting frequent CTDs whenever you leave a building back out into the overworld (for example a dungeon or one of the shops like the ones at Falkreath or Winterhold) then it's probably an issue with Dyndolod. Rerun it and it'll probably improve.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

@mknn Autosort seems like it would be helpful but it really wouldn't be. Aylis's list has a lot of patches that you need to move around manually, so they would get sorted in the wrong places. Best thing to do is to disable all of your mods, then start at the top and enable them one by one, following along with the list as you go and moving patches when you need to. Takes about 20 minutes.

OK, I will make the dive into Dynodolod and Nemesis when I can devote some time to gamerpoet videos!

Yeah, I had the smart idea to disable all the mods, reselect, re-enable. That put the plugins in ... alphabetically (?), so I did just what you say above. It seemed that any mod with multiple plugins was likely to need re-ordering, but no big deal.

I *think* I have both FNIS and WryeBash setup correctly. How can I validate that? For Wrye, I ran it (through MO), rebuilt the patch (it was odd, nothing was bolded in the list even though I had just added 8,432 weapon and armor mods), and after it finished, I opened it by double-clicking on the mod list and under "text file" could see its output, which had the correct timestamp. So I think that's working correctly.

How can I validate that FNIS is as well?

3 hours ago, alex12345 said:

So I followed this to a t and after creating a character I get a CTD about 2 seconds in. I am not sure where I went wrong. Another thing I noticed is having ENB installed causes massive stuttering issues on the bethesda logo and less than 5fps on the main menu. Any ideas?

With that much information i can only guess. Hmmm, might be the static charge of your neighbors cat...

Seriously, how are we supposed to help you? Did you check the minimum specs i listed? With only 5 FPS in the menu your system already seems to have a serious problem before the game even starts.

@mknn Hmm, I forgot about the Wrye patch. I would say if your game seems solid it's working okay. But if you're adding Dyndolod later you'll probably want to run it again. Wrye is still confusing to me. You'll know FNIS is working if you are not T-posing and the custom animations are working. If anything is amiss, you'll know right away and the fix is usually just delete the FNIS overwrite and run it again.

@alex12345 A CTD during the start is hard to pinpoint what's going on. Since you're at the beginning of the game, start at the bottom of your list and disable one section at a time. So disable everything under Final and see if you still have the CTD. If you do, disable Loverslab and keep going. Eventually you'll find which section contains the mod giving you the issue. I would say just leave Live Another Life installed because it's pretty stable and is going to help get you in control of your character much faster. Is it crashing before you get out of the jail cell?

I get stuttering at the Bethesda logo. Mine started when the list started using FNIS and Nemesis at the same time. But it doesn't cause any in-game issues. Slowing down so much on the main menu sounds like a more fundamental underlying issue. But doing the troubleshooting above should be your first step.

One thing that will come up is a mini-mod for 3BBB. With it you'll be able to change the textures for the innies without having to go through the whole installation of 3BBB again. We'll just have to wait 'til @Acro748 releases it (and i can then add it to the list).

I've been taking a look at Crafting and Tempering for Kozakowy. Sadly they don't show up in the game where they would fit (like radiant raiments or the palace) and got a relatively high armor value. So they won't end up in the list even if some would perfectly fit into the game.